• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Returning player! State of the ninja?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So returning to BDO since all my friends have started playing it now and just curious about everyone's thoughts on the ninja in both pve and pvp? I've been playing it while levelling with my friends and enjoying it so far but unsure whether I'm going to stick with and invest into it, especially since my maewha (what I mained when I played, also have a warrior I played before maewha was out)  is already levelled and geared. Any advice for me? ^_^

Posted

In all honesty, cliche thing to say but just play what you enjoy, all are useful in their own way, just others are faster in pve

if you want ez time for pve, sorc, zerk, ranger, musa, warrior are good.

focusing pvp? Sorc, Zerk, war and of course wiz/witch for face roll, even a dead fish plays good with this class.

2 people like this

Posted

Ninja is good in PVP, in terms of 1 v 1 and small scale fights, they can also be good scouts in gvg but they aren't EASY to play, high skill cap, but you should be able to go toe to toe with anyone aslong as you learn your classes mechanics and your enemies mechanics.

- PVP

1 person likes this

Posted

In all honesty, cliche thing to say but just play what you enjoy, all are useful in their own way, just others are faster in pve

if you want ez time for pve, sorc, zerk, ranger, musa, warrior are good.

focusing pvp? Sorc, Zerk, war and of course wiz/witch for face roll, even a dead fish plays good with this class.

You didn't put the wiz/witch into easy pve, was that intended ? Because with my guildies I have to be way better stuffed than them (with my Ninja) to grind not even as fast on the same mobs... To me that's easy pvp. 
You put Zerk on easy pvp AND pve, you sure for pve ? (A real question tho, no taunt or whatever)

Posted

get high enough gear and u can 1 shot people with your ultimate (180 ap vs. 300 dp, which is quite insane), other gameplay wise stuff: you are forced to actually be and play like a ninja, meaning, use your tricks, time things well, really think about if you want to be a ninja, or a warrior, because they DO play differently, and you cannot do the same things with either.

Posted (edited)

get high enough gear and u can 1 shot people with your ultimate (180 ap vs. 300 dp, which is quite insane), other gameplay wise stuff: you are forced to actually be and play like a ninja, meaning, use your tricks, time things well, really think about if you want to be a ninja, or a warrior, because they DO play differently, and you cannot do the same things with either.

This is a myth I already heard in the past. I have 212 ap and I can't oneshot anyone with the ult, unless they have really low dp. 300 dp? Not a chance.

Edited by crazyryoga

Posted (edited)

This is a myth I already heard in the past. I have 212 ap and I can't oneshot anyone with the ult, unless they have really low dp. 300 dp? Not a chance.

It is?

A member from hydra has told me that's all you need. Personally I have not one shot people with my ult either...

Is there a chance people are reffering to our 200% ?

Do you agree with the rest fo my post ?

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted

It is?
A member from hydra has told me that's all you need. Personally I have not one shot people with my ult either...

Is there a chance people are reffering to our 200% ?

Do you agree with the rest fo my post ?

No idea why he told you that but it's simply false. I am referring to our 100% and as I said you can't oneshot people so easily unless they have less than 220 dp I'd say.

I agree with the other things you said.

Posted

100% cant oneshot 230+ DP targets (atleasy with my 195 AP) but almost. Most of the times i need 1 more skill to finish the target.

Posted

Btw many people on the forums are somewhat cynical. You may get many opinions, but keep in mind to take them all with a grain of salt. I'm sure reading random threads in this forum has given you an idea of what I mean and the state that people consider ninja in. Personally I agree with the whole "play what is fun for you" thing. It's a game after all. Having fun is just as important as winning ;D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

220ap, can oneshot 263dp & 3khp. But if you get party elixir buffs (where there is only 1 defensive and multiple offensive) damage gets insanely OP and only superarmor/tendon can prevent them from dying.

Edited by Templarek

Posted (edited)

220ap, can oneshot 263dp & 3khp. But if you get party elixir buffs (where there is only 1 defensive and multiple offensive) damage gets insanely OP and only superarmor/tendon can prevent them from dying.

Are you in EU? I have 263 dp and 2800 hp. I wanna see you oneshotting me. Oh btw, oneshotting means using only the 100% of course. I don't believe you can. Can we try this?

EDIT: Servers are up. Waiting for you to prove me wrong.

Edited by crazyryoga

Posted

Are you in EU? I have 263 dp and 2800 hp. I wanna see you oneshotting me. Oh btw, oneshotting means using only the 100% of course. I don't believe you can. Can we try this?

EDIT: Servers are up. Waiting for you to prove me wrong.

Ofc he can oneshot 263 dp ( its basic just from boss armors nothing more, if im not wrong) with 220 ap and its just about 100% skill. Ninja with 220 ap can onecombo everyone who has lower than 300 dp.

Posted

Ofc he can oneshot 263 dp ( its basic just from boss armors nothing more, if im not wrong) with 220 ap and its just about 100% skill. Ninja with 220 ap can onecombo everyone who has lower than 300 dp.

Onecombo is not oneshot. Maybe we are talking about different things. Oneshot means killing from 100 to 0 hp a player with 1 skill. I just don't believe it's possible with that amount of DPs (in fact I know it's not because I use the 100% all the time in rbg and I have 212 ap), though I'm available for being proved wrong anytime.

Posted

ninja could kill anyone in one combo before awakening.. 

now one shooting its different thing

Posted

A little update. I met with Templarek in game and we tested this.

He had around 220 ap plus a lot of buffs and alchemy stone and he could in fact oneshot me (263dp 2824hp) with a single frontal shot.

http://imgur.com/7w6BSNU

I had 212 ap and no buffs at all and I couldn't oneshot him (300 dp evasion build), my ult took half of his health.

http://imgur.com/DVwM52x

So yes, ninja ult can definitely oneshot if properly buffed and the opponenth doesn't have an evasion build.

Thanks Templarek for the test ;)

Posted

I've been able to oneshot 263 DP targets with the ult since I had ~190 AP. This is from the back, mind you, but back attacks have the same multiplier as down attacks, which will likely happen anyway if the initial bound CC lands.

In fact, I still sometimes oneshot players with up to ~280 DP with my 201/195 AP. I'm not even using a Kzarka or an Alchemy Stone. My gear is pretty standard aside from having stacked accuracy. That, imo, is pretty important to be able to oneshot players with the ult.

Posted

thanks for testing this and proving yourself wrong crazyryoga...

I almost one shot a zerker with my 135 ap and low buffs... he went from 100% to 20% and then finished him off with serpent ascension before he could even pot... This happened multiple times when he was trying to claim main spot at sausans from myself and a guildy.

Ninjas ulti seems a bit overwhelming, while the rest of the skills (could just be my AP) a little underwhelming.

Also, how do you guys feel about ninjas being so slow to get out of CC? I feel like we should have some bruce lee style kick up from the ground move, or shaolin twirl from ground into standing... maybe on 2nd awakening :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOuBDSlRC6w like this kick flip up... to be honest i can do these moves in real life and seeing ninja being so slow and doing a standard sidewards roll feels wrong to me.

I couldn't find a video on the leg spinning from lieing down into standing position but It's an awesome move and i can do it so perhaps I'll record it if i can't find it.

Posted (edited)

I couldn't find a video on the leg spinning from lieing down into standing position but It's an awesome move and i can do it so perhaps I'll record it if i can't find it.

Look for a video of Lann from Vindictus. I think the skill is called Windmill.
In Vindictus it was basically a constitution saving skill. I.e. you get knocked down and you can activate it after you stop sliding to spring to your feet while doing damage and knocking back/down things around you by sweeping their legs out. -although unrelated it also let them cancel into a skill that would be essentially Murderous Intent in appearance but Serpent Ascension in damage-

https://youtu.be/CLhbHLk92W4?t=40s

PS ^ The best I can find atm

Edited by RosewoodTrickster

Posted

Look for a video of Lann from Vindictus. I think the skill is called Windmill.In Vindictus it was basically a constitution saving skill. I.e. you get knocked down and you can activate it after you stop sliding to spring to your feet while doing damage and knocking back/down things around you by sweeping their legs out. -although unrelated it also let them cancel into a skill that would be essentially Murderous Intent in appearance but Serpent Ascension in damage-

https://youtu.be/CLhbHLk92W4?t=40s

PS ^ The best I can find atm

yeah that's the move i was thinking about... ninjas should be able to do that, we need to have a counterplay optionfor grapple, it sucks to get grappled by a zerker for instance and basically only able to press one button; pot, for 15-30 seconds.

They could even set the "windmill" "kick up" skill to a long-ish cooldown to make it an important strategic choice, like 30s - 45 - 1 minute, but i thinkt it would make pvp combos less static.

Posted (edited)

yeah that's the move i was thinking about... ninjas should be able to do that, we need to have a counterplay optionfor grapple, it sucks to get grappled by a zerker for instance and basically only able to press one button; pot, for 15-30 seconds.
They could even set the "windmill" "kick up" skill to a long-ish cooldown to make it an important strategic choice, like 30s - 45 - 1 minute, but i thinkt it would make pvp combos less static.

so like, another V? But less 

Edited by kobitz

Posted (edited)

so like, another V? But less 

yes, 5 minutes is too long, and there are some moves in pvp which you cannot even use v in, it is also disabled in arena.

It doesn't have to make you invincible, just get us out of 1 grapple, maybe make us immune for a few seconds.

Getting chain grabbed for 20 to 30 seconds is just ridiculous, and when it happens, sure you can survive a solo zerker,
if you are equal gear, you know you can just spam potions, but if there's a party attacking you, go grab a drink cause you'll be respawning.

If one move can finish you from 100 to 0, upon fight engagement, with 0 rage or prior battle movements, unbuffed, that move needs to be looked at. Especially when berserkers have 60% grapple ignore resistance, and most people don't even run around with 60% resist chance to begin with.

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted

yes, 5 minutes is too long, and there are some moves in pvp which you cannot even use v in, it is also disabled in arena.
It doesn't have to make you invincible, just get us out of 1 grapple, maybe make us immune for a few seconds.

Getting chain grabbed for 20 to 30 seconds is just ridiculous, and when it happens, sure you can survive a solo zerker,
if you are equal gear, you know you can just spam potions, but if there's a party attacking you, go grab a drink cause you'll be respawning.

If one move can finish you from 100 to 0, upon fight engagement, with 0 rage or prior battle movements, unbuffed, that move needs to be looked at. Especially when berserkers have 60% grapple ignore resistance, and most people don't even run around with 60% resist chance to begin with.

Flight already looks like a windmill kick. could just add a flow to it since it has a sizable cooldown already. space while bound, knocked down, or grappled activates flight and recovers from the CC. neat idea and workable in the system. only way this would happen tho is if every class got something similar. not exactly the same but like a viable equivalent. Like maybe witch and wiz get a bubble that protects them from x amount of CC for x time with a 30sec cd, or they add super armor to PA or something. and kuno doesn't have flight so theirs would be different. 

Posted

Flight already looks like a windmill kick. could just add a flow to it since it has a sizable cooldown already. space while bound, knocked down, or grappled activates flight and recovers from the CC. neat idea and workable in the system. only way this would happen tho is if every class got something similar. not exactly the same but like a viable equivalent. Like maybe witch and wiz get a bubble that protects them from x amount of CC for x time with a 30sec cd, or they add super armor to PA or something. and kuno doesn't have flight so theirs would be different. 

all other games have these kind of systems and skills in place to avoid oversimplified one dimensional short fights ending with 1 cc and 1 big damage chain or skill.

Don't see why it shouldn't be added here, V is not enough/ too long cd, not useable in arena/ on a regular basis.

My opinion though.

Posted

Well, if tamers can have pets to cheese us out of our grab combos.. maybe we can have something similar.