• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I'm rolling Valk!

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Having Played BDO at launch for 3 months, and now again for 2 months I fairly enjoyed my Class choice. Without knowing I took the Ranger, which was considered an OP Class. At Maewah release I played her too and after the Buffs she also was considered somehow "OP". Just to my misfortune, I rerolled on a Witch a month ago. Which, big surprise, is freaking easy2play and OP at the moment. As a result, I'm being nicknamed as the "OP Class fortuneteller" in our Guild.

So, why the disappointment? Well, being the generous Guild Officer and being a missionary on fairplay I just can't hear it anymore! Every damned Duel or PvP event we do I get to hear "You only win because of your OP class" or "You just mash the same button over and over."

So, yesterday, after asking on anyone's opinion on the most UP class I rerolled a Valk (they genuinely tought I was joking :P )  . Right now, the Class feels very fluid and fun to play! It seems like there are some fast combos to learn, and some mechanics I don't entirely understand yet.

I will try to keep going and push her to atleast 56 this weekend and will report on my experience with the awakening weapon.

Posted

İ played valk (still my main for life skills) but she feels sooooo slow. And pve it's just shield throw or judgement for days. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to hell

İ played valk (still my main for life skills) but she feels sooooo slow. And pve it's just shield throw or judgement for days. 

Try hitting awakening first

Posted

Welcome to hell

Try hitting awakening first

one day İ will hit 56 with just afk life skilling :P 53-54 in a month

Posted

Well...good luck. xD

Posted

well if your tired to play a easy to play, OP 1 boton skill, destroy everyone with eyes closed, class, deff play a valk, you will go from Very Easy Mode to Hardcore Difficulty Mode playing a valk.

ATM valks are the bottom trash tier "if not lower" class of BDO, the learning curve is WAY up there.

If you are passionate enough and patient enough with valk, you can beat anyone by outskilling them rather then "who is the most broken 1 hit skill class".

Her extremely clunky skills can be very frustrating, and unlike warriors "and many other classes" valkyries have no 360 block on there main DMG skills, so you can't be all out offensive without a KD/CC first, they will simply DPS you down while you use your skill in matter of seconds. they have decent SA, but even there those skills are often slow and i end up getting DPS down in sec by sorc and muse/meahwa. Their grab is VERY broken, their grab is the most useless of them all, even wiz grab is by far better, it as a very low rate of success, the shortest range, and bug you often if you land a grab, getting you killed cuz you cannot follow up your combo. "might be me but when i land a grab i bug throught the animation, unable to move so the other just kill me while i stand there" so my grab success rate is 1/15.

The very good thing about valks is they are very versatile, if for any reason you cannot follow up your main combo, there is always something else you can do to do decent dmg.

Overall, Valks are a niche class for a small underground number of player, Valks are not bad per say "even tho they need a shit ton of fixes since launch which the dev keep ignoring ever since". People simply don't want to put much work and effort into valk since the learning curve is so high for a very small result, they rather play a class that can almost 1 hit anyone using there ulti at 80AP *Cough* warriors *Cough*

But i am stubborn As Fack !!! xD Valk is LOVE Valk is LIFE !!!

-A Valkyrie since launch-

6 people like this

Posted

Valk becomes VERY competitive once you hit lvl 600 and break that 200 ap barrier, even more once you hit 210. I was stuck at 184 ap on my valk at lvl 59 for a long time. Got frustrated, leveled my maehwa to 59, went back, and now that I'm back and over 200ap it is like night and day.

Posted

Just don't be one of those losers who build full DP valk like Catherine and Draciele tbh. Those people don't really know how to build Valk or post actual viable videos that show how great valk can be AS YOU GET HIGHER AP. You're gonna kinda hate it if you don't have 240 AP TRI Crescent TRI Ogre

Best Valks that I've seen so far

Posted

Why are you punishing yourself like this.

Posted

Just don't be one of those losers who build full DP valk like Catherine and Draciele tbh. Those people don't really know how to build Valk or post actual viable videos that show how great valk can be AS YOU GET HIGHER AP. You're gonna kinda hate it if you don't have 240 AP TRI Crescent TRI Ogre

That giant is either too scared to attempt grabbing with mainhand or he's retarded. If he would have grabbed her instead of playing the cannon game, he could have won. The one time he does grab her, he wins. Ffs.

1 person likes this

Posted

That giant is either too scared to attempt grabbing with mainhand or he's retarded. If he would have grabbed her instead of playing the cannon game, he could have won. The one time he does grab her, he wins. Ffs.

he attempts it early on and constantly misses his grabs from her staying impressingly mobile, so he changes up to try and bait her dash forward and then knock her down setting up the grab, which he does get off once or twice (first time I saw it he wasn't able to kill her through the grab combo). that zerker is pretty good imo

Posted

he attempts it early on and constantly misses his grabs from her staying impressingly mobile, so he changes up to try and bait her dash forward and then knock her down setting up the grab, which he does get off once or twice (first time I saw it he wasn't able to kill her through the grab combo). that zerker is pretty good imo

I guess I didn't watch it far enough in, then. I got bored of watching her stand there with her shield up while he spams cannon to try to break her shield.

Posted

Aren't you the guy that had like 160AP and discovered back attacks some weeks ago ?

Posted

stop

go back to ranger, you already had the right idea

Posted

full dp? When did I do that? I'm 204/251 or 190/271 depending on offhand and have zero accessories that are even hybrid. A while back I DID say that a full DP valk CAN be viable, you just have to switch focus from killing to support, which IS a viable playstyle for valk

Posted

Thanks for the comments and the videos you guys posted! A little Update on my side:

I couldn't play a lot with the valk those days (too many guild activities requiring me to use my main witch), but she is lvl55 as of now. I had immense fun and really like the challenge using this class efficiently. I'm starting to get the hang out of it and had my first PvP skirmishes and mock battles, this class does not feel broken at all. The CC's can be ruthless sometimes, the overall dmg feels a bit lacking tough... One has to precisely prepare for the right combo at the right times, and messing up the CD's of the Dash abilities can be fatal.

I surely will keep playing my Valk for a while and see how it goes, Cheers!

Posted

Another Update:

It's been a Week and my Valk is now lvl57 and I am rolling with 147AP/312DP. as opposed to 163AP/272DP with my witch (lv58). I'm really, really loving the combat, and ohh man... the awakening is such a good kit to work with.

Beside the usual PvE grind I also got the chance to duel some of my friends and I was rather surprised how versatile I could be. There are different approaches possible and some skills dish acceptable damage whilst still allowing fast back and forth movement. Also, one + is the huge tankyness of this thing! I'm going with a Kite shield atm, but I might pick a Rosar for evasion or even the Vangertz like most do (that is, until I get a nouver/kutum). I feel like a rock. Best moments would be the usual Sausan Grindspot PK, you just hit block and can write to the ppl trying to kill you and laugh at them for a while, just to F on them and instantly KD them, dealing huge damage and preparing them on a silver plate for your mates to finish the job.

One downside I noticed tough, is the grindspeed. It seems considerably slower than what I was used to with the witch.

I'm confident that I will continue to like this class, so I will sell my Witch's weapons to get more out of this baby...  :P

P.S  imo The standard lance skin looks much better than the premium ones! :D

Posted

Her extremely clunky skills can be very frustrating, and unlike warriors "and many other classes" valkyries have no 360 block on there main DMG skills, so you can't be all out offensive without a KD/CC first, they will simply DPS you down while you use your skill in matter of seconds

-A Valkyrie since launch-

Well there is no class that have 360 block since the block is only frontal on skills if i understand what u said u are talking about frontal block on skills.
I play a well geared maewha and i have hard time with valks with 220+ ap same goes with hibrid valks with 200ap 290dp combined since they sit on block and the ONLY WAY TO KILL THEM is to snipe on their back ,while they do some skill with frontal block, to lansd a CC ( and i can tell u its not an easy thing to do vs good valks).
what i will never understand is why ( while war or walk are in block) i cant land a cc on your back? u still take normal dmg from back but u dont take a cc.. i rather prefear land a cc.
I try to see the game not as OP classes or weakes class but class that counters other classes.. example me as maewha can easly kill bersekers ( of corse i dont have to get grabbed) but im not good to kill valks or warriors ( here alot depends on player skill ) meanwhile a berserker will have a easy win vs a sitter block warrior or valk.. its just a matter of counter class and counter gameplay

Posted (edited)

Well there is no class that have 360 block since the block is only frontal on skills if i understand what u said u are talking about frontal block on skills.I play a well geared maewha and i have hard time with valks with 220+ ap same goes with hibrid valks with 200ap 290dp combined since they sit on block and the ONLY WAY TO KILL THEM is to snipe on their back ,while they do some skill with frontal block, to lansd a CC ( and i can tell u its not an easy thing to do vs good valks).
what i will never understand is why ( while war or walk are in block) i cant land a cc on your back? u still take normal dmg from back but u dont take a cc.. i rather prefear land a cc.
I try to see the game not as OP classes or weakes class but class that counters other classes.. example me as maewha can easly kill bersekers ( of corse i dont have to get grabbed) but im not good to kill valks or warriors ( here alot depends on player skill ) meanwhile a berserker will have a easy win vs a sitter block warrior or valk.. its just a matter of counter class and counter gameplay

I would also love to land a cc on musa/maehwas running around but sadly I can't.

So, to summarise, someone immobile can't be CC (or rather is supposed too since it bugs more often than not) and someone running around can't be CC either but somehow it's not fine for the immobile dude.

As soon as a valk do anything else than blocking or using one of its long cast skills, it is open to CC. Learn which skill do what.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

I would also love to land a cc on musa/maehwas running around but sadly I can't.

So, to summarise, someone immobile can't be CC (or rather is supposed too since it bugs more often than not) and someone running around can't be CC either but somehow it's not fine for the immobile dude.

As soon as a valk do anything else than blocking or using one of its long cast skills, it is open to CC. Learn which skill do what.

Hmm, I had no issues CC'ing Musas until now... I FREAKING hate Zerks tough... they seem like our natural predators (ughh those grabs!)

Posted

Hmm, I had no issues CC'ing Musas until now... I FREAKING hate Zerks tough... they seem like our natural predators (ughh those grabs!)

You have to wait for the musa to stop dashing to be able to cc him as far as I know. Just as he have to wait for us to stop blocking.

Posted

Same goes with maewhas/musas In fact i said it all a matter to counter player and counter picks  but u basicaly say nothing cuz a maehwa musa that goes  around will hardly kill anything cuz to kill we need to stop and do our skils which may make us easy to cc ( of corse if u sit on block u will never lear how to cc a maewha/musa).To be honest The 360 degree immunity block that belongs only to warrior and valks is pretty stupid since block should be only frontal.
BTW our ability to chase around is very limited by stamina meanwhile a dumb valk can just dash around and do skill to recharge the block so a good valk will easly kill a musa/maewha of corse if the musa maewha play safe this will be a draw because the valk will never catch the musa maewha chase in 1 v 1 but also true that maewha/musa will not kill a valk meanwhile using a safe strategy.

In the end is just a matter of player skill and strategy to let the enemy use their skils with some vulnerability 

indeed they are.. In fights there are classes that have some edge over other classes. a valk played very mobile can kill a good zerker too in fact your strongest and weak point is the block because if u rely too much on block u will be hard to cc vs a non grab class but vs other classes u will easy to kill as far as i know the best valk is a mobile valk that doesnt sit on block.

1 person likes this

Posted

You have to wait for the musa to stop dashing to be able to cc him as far as I know. Just as he have to wait for us to stop blocking.

Yeah, that's what works most of the time :) Also, if they dash too much, just predict their movement and pull them closer to you, while the bound effect sits just dash into them and try your luck for a CC. :P

Same goes with maewhas/musas In fact i said it all a matter to counter player and counter picks  but u basicaly say nothing cuz a maehwa musa that goes  around will hardly kill anything cuz to kill we need to stop and do our skils which may make us easy to cc ( of corse if u sit on block u will never lear how to cc a maewha/musa).To be honest The 360 degree immunity block that belongs only to warrior and valks is pretty stupid since block should be only frontal.BTW our ability to chase around is very limited by stamina meanwhile a dumb valk can just dash around and do skill to recharge the block so a good valk will easly kill a musa/maewha of corse if the musa maewha play safe this will be a draw because the valk will never catch the musa maewha chase in 1 v 1 but also true that maewha/musa will not kill a valk meanwhile using a safe strategy.
In the end is just a matter of player skill and strategy to let the enemy use their skils with some vulnerability 

indeed they are.. In fights there are classes that have some edge over other classes. a valk played very mobile can kill a good zerker too in fact your strongest and weak point is the block because if u rely too much on block u will be hard to cc vs a non grab class but vs other classes u will easy to kill as far as i know the best valk is a mobile valk that doesnt sit on block.

thanks for the hints, I was already thinking that vs a Zerk one has to completely throw his block away to stay mobile and at mid-range... I just love playing valk, playing as a witch was relatively boring vs this to be honest :D

Posted (edited)

Same goes with maewhas/musas In fact i said it all a matter to counter player and counter picks  but u basicaly say nothing cuz a maehwa musa that goes  around will hardly kill anything cuz to kill we need to stop and do our skils which may make us easy to cc ( of corse if u sit on block u will never lear how to cc a maewha/musa).To be honest The 360 degree immunity block that belongs only to warrior and valks is pretty stupid since block should be only frontal.BTW our ability to chase around is very limited by stamina meanwhile a dumb valk can just dash around and do skill to recharge the block so a good valk will easly kill a musa/maewha of corse if the musa maewha play safe this will be a draw because the valk will never catch the musa maewha chase in 1 v 1 but also true that maewha/musa will not kill a valk meanwhile using a safe strategy.

You essentially whined about block mechanic out of the blue. I understand, every class without grab does.

You're telling me that when you dash you aren't damaging anyone : can you enlighten all of us and tell us how valks do anything else when they block ? And as you said blocks aren't infinite and needs to be regen but Valks don't dash around without limits and safely, they either are unprotected or limited by cooldowns. If you see a valk dashing around for seconds, just throw a cc in its general direction.

You're essentially talking about counter play while having no real idea of how the class you are talking about plays (you're not far off, it's just that it isn't accurate).

I never said musa/maewha were a problem, I was just hinting at the fact that, maybe, it was a case of the herb looking greener for you in our own yard.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

cause catching a musa is something that we're able to do.... :(