• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Returning player's questions

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm considering returning to BDO and my warrior is 54.

IIRC I have a mix of taritas / agerian (13 to 15), a yuria longsword (15), a vangertz shield (13), 2x PRI witch earrings, 2x PRI outlaw rings, a rhutum elite belt (or shultz, can't remember) and a corrupt ruby necklace.

I do not have a huge playtime (roughly 2 to 3 hours / day), so I'm looking for affordable stuff.

• Should I scrap my armor and go for grunil or heve ? If so, which one ?
  • Witch's earrings, can I stick with them ?
  • What are my options regarding necklace, rings & belt ?
  • I do not have an alchemy stone and I don't really know how it works. Should I buy one at the marketplace ?
  • Any advice on where to grind solo ?
  • I undestand that I have to get my awakened weapon first (blue one), what should I do next ?
  • Should I reset my skills once I have my awakening ? Is there a guide on how to spend skill points since awakening ?

Thank you for your time & hf.

Edited by Kheta

Posted

My reply is subjective, so others might offer different advice wrt. purely optimising towards BiS.

But given you're 54 and your current gear, I'd do as follows:

* Get hold of Grunil for all slots and start enchanting, stick with what you've got until then.

* PRI your Yuria longsword, possibly also DUO it. But start going to field bosses, or once you've made 9 million just get a Liverto longsword of the AH and start working on enchanting that up to TRI.

* For accessories, your PRI Witch's Earring and Outlaw Rings will do nicely for now. Might consider swapping out your Outlaw Rings for PRI Mark of Shadow, since they are quite common rewards from all these game events... even at +0 MoS is +1ap more than your PRI Outlaw at lack of DP, but your current level and gear setup doesn't really miss DP.

* For cheap necklace/belt options, I'd go either with a pair of Belt+Necklace of Schultz the Gladiator, or the Ancient Weapon Core + Ancient Guardian Seal. As a set effect you get +5 accuracy from this latter pair.

* For now, ignore alchemy stone, it's a 3 min buff of +3/+4 accuracy etc for one that costs 5-6 million on the AH.

* Solo grinding, didn't run your gear through a score calc yet, but you can either go Manes/Elrics/Sausans for most efficient grinding.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the answer.

So after logging in, I bought schultz belt & necklace and have placed a pre-order for a +15 blue GS.

I also got a tungrade earring in a box and I guess that I will sell it & buy a +15 grunil set.

Right now, I'm at 110 AP / 185 DP, 3 taritas & agerian gloves.

I have some questions :

• Wouldn't it be best for me to go for Rosar instead of Liverto (cheaper to upgrade) and wait for a kzarka later on ?
  • Red corral ring or MoS ?
  • Any advice on which gems to use ?
Edited by Kheta

Posted

personally unless you already have a +15 liverto i'd go with rosar

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Since you already have got the Yuria to +15 i would personally not do the Rosar. I would have done the Rosar instead of the Yuria but you're already past that and you're ready for a Liverto, in my opinion.

Wrt. to rings i have gone with MoS for now until i can do Crescent ones. But i see many with Red Coral due to the accuracy+stamina trade off vs AP (which i prefer). But i also get my accuracy from TRI Vangertz and Bhegs Gloves.

Gems I'm still getting hold of myself.. starter gens ive liked the blye Black Spirit ones of Assault on Gloves for +2 AS and blue BS of Swiftness on my Shoes. I've run with BS Harphia on helmet but now slotted the +exp ones from attendance rewards. Chest with Cobelinius ones.

I've done resistance only to a 20-30% or such because damn berserkers bypass it all with their ignore resist gems on their gear anyway and that's your main threat.

As before, subjectively speaking but I'm no great warrior.

Edited by Northerner
1 person likes this

Posted

Since you already have got the Yuria to +15 i would personally not do the Rosar. I would have done the Rosar instead of the Yuria but you're already past that and you're ready for a Liverto, in my opinion.

Wrt. to rings i have gone with MoS for now until i can do Crescent ones. But i see many with Red Coral due to the accuracy+stamina trade off vs AP (which i prefer). But i also get my accuracy from TRI Vangertz and Bhegs Gloves.

Gems I'm still getting hold of myself.. starter gens ive liked the blye Black Spirit ones of Assault on Gloves for +2 AS and blue BS of Swiftness on my Shoes. I've run with BS Harphia on helmet but now slotted the +exp ones from attendance rewards. Chest with Cobelinius ones.

I've done resistance only to a 20-30% or such because damn berserkers bypass it all with their ignore resist gems on their gear anyway and that's your main threat.

As before, subjectively speaking but I'm no great warrior.

this is just personal opinion and not to be taken as word of god.

but dont go liverto, not with greatsword out, not unless you already have one at like +15 or higher.

since he's already got the +15 yuria he can either upgrade and just keep using it, use it for fail stacks and/or sell it and get the rosar. i insist on getting the rosar because it has practically all the advantages of getting a liverto only it has slightly less ap (which does not matter as much for the GS) maybe slightly less accuracy (but still not enough to make it useless) but the liverto cannot give you any attack speed. running the ultimate rosar will on the other hand give you that +1 attack speed for free, which helps more than one might think with gem setups (this allows him to use 2x power or precision gems in his sword and run 2x +2 atk speed gems in his gloves and hit 5 atk speed.

accuracy comes from red coral earrings not rings, but i get your point, if somebody is running a vangertz + bhegs they do not have a need for red coral earrings and can use witches which give them a net of 6 more ap (3 ea assuming you use same enchant items)

for his earrings since he already has pri witches though he can easily stay with them (since he's running vangertz)

for rings i'd suggest running either red coral rings or blue coral rings for now , alternative if he can do it would be to run the valencia quest rings till he gets duo marks.

and for neck/belt just run shultz belt and a tri bares neck till he can get a duo or better shultz neck.

2 people like this

Posted

Well, I got 56 yesterday and bought a DUO green GS. I'm sitting at 110 / 123 / 186.

Right now, I'm thinking about what I should prioritize (I have around 110mil in cash, 50+ mem frags).

• Accessories, my plan is to get the valencia 7 AP rings, then PRI my schultz belt & necklace.
  • Armor, I'm hesitating between heve & grunil. Grunil is better short term, but since bheg's gloves seems to be really important, maybe heve ?
  • Weapons : trying to TRI my GS, buying a +15 rosar and getting my vangertz to +15. Then, PRI rosar & shield ?

Lastly, considering you have a DUO/TRI green GS and a PRI/DUO grunil/heve, would you go first for dandelion or boss armor ?

Thank you guys.

Posted

• Weapons : trying to TRI my GS, buying a +15 rosar and getting my vangertz to +15. Then, PRI rosar & shield ?

Lastly, considering you have a DUO/TRI green GS and a PRI/DUO grunil/heve, would you go first for dandelion or boss armor ?

As a green weapon, you should be able to DUO that Rosar quite easily since it's safe anyway (only loss of dura, not level). I started PRI attempts at 13fs and DUO at 18fs on both my Yuria and Liverto and succeeded, ofc, it's all game of chance though.

Sword before shield, yes.

Seeing as you want Bheg's Gloves, I'm hearing many people (was chatting to guildies the other day actually about Grunil over Heve when it comes to getting your boss gear) opting for the Heve armor because with Bheg's you'll be missing out on one of the best set effects of Grunil anyway.

As for Dandelion or boss armor first, whichever comes first really. If you're going to Karanda; depending on your status with alt characters (I know you've got your warrior, but you may benefit from getting some alts up and running now).

I would now park my warrior in a grinding area for exp (Sausans/Elrics and once you get past 150 ap and 200 dp, I'd move to Bashims) and make a witch/wizard/sorceress alt and get that to lvl 55/56 fast and park it at Karanda for your attempts to get Dandelion drop. Ofc, with moderate gear, but leveling alts is good way to progress further in many aspects of the game too.

As a returning player, I'm not sure which attendance reward you have either, but wrt. getting that PRI Necklace of Schultz the Gladiator, consider it will drop you maybe an Ogre Ring (or a Basilisk Belt). Ogre ring matches PRI Schultz Necklace in AP. Similarly, Basilisk Belt will also match PRI Belt of Schultz.

1 person likes this

Posted

I find xp & gold really low at elric, and with GS, grinding is so fast that I would need almost the whole area for myself ~~

I have Olvia's channel access and ofc sausans & elrics are always full. Had to kill several people the other day at elrics.

Is there an "ok" spot to grind at ~130 AP in valencia ?

I already have a lvl 50 wiz, but I guess I should focus on my warrior as long as I can benefit from Olvia's access.

Posted

If you have "130AP" as in you're using Jarrett's with Grunil and have 20+ hidden AP, then you could get away with Bashims. Might be too inefficient before that. You could give it a try and see if you can kill the groups efficiently. Preferably you'd be able to kill the big guys with 1x grave digging + 1x slashing the dead with your block buff up. The AP buff on ground smash should help. 

1 person likes this

Posted

basically if you have the money to snipe boss gear or a dandy, go for whatever you get first

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok I tried bashim and while not super fast, it is fast enough and gives much more xp/h than elric or sausan. Seems to reward less money however but I should focus on xp while having access to olvia channel.

I finally chose grunil, better stats for now and should be easy to sell when I'm done with it. Bought 2 pcs, trying to snipe the 2 other (at +15).

Posted

depending on gear/level there are faster places to grind than bashim , but if you get yourself setup in a good rotation  bashim is plenty fast .

but yeah bashims only real source of extra income will be from the scroll parts since the trash items are not super valuable.

Posted

Can get lucky with Crystals that sell for 3.6m at Bashims, but yeah it's generally pretty bad money camp. I find that long peaceful grinds at Bashims net me a lot more XP than constantly fighting people at popular camps. 

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah , one of the southern bashim rotations  you can typically grind there for 5+ hours and not see a single soul.

Posted

Thanks for the advices.

I have one more question regarding weapon swap. Sometimes instead of swaping directly, my character does the full animation of sheathing s&b before slowly pulling out the GS. It's driving my crazy because at 56 I like to do slashing the dead -> grave digging -> swap -> scars of dusk -> swap. I often get this "animation issue" when I have to dash in the middle of this pattern.

Why does this happen and how can I prevent it from happening ? Is there a way to cancel this animation ?

Posted

Thanks for the advices.

I have one more question regarding weapon swap. Sometimes instead of swaping directly, my character does the full animation of sheathing s&b before slowly pulling out the GS. It's driving my crazy because at 56 I like to do slashing the dead -> grave digging -> swap -> scars of dusk -> swap. I often get this "animation issue" when I have to dash in the middle of this pattern.

Why does this happen and how can I prevent it from happening ? Is there a way to cancel this animation ?

I personally would droo scars of dusk as the only viable abilities in sword and shield is the mobility ones. Q block or animation cancel forward slash (Q+W+Lmb) > C.

Posted

I personally would droo scars of dusk as the only viable abilities in sword and shield is the mobility ones. Q block or animation cancel forward slash (Q+W+Lmb) > C.

yeah , getting scars can be nice , but getting all your GS abilities are your first priority till you have the skill points for everything, luckily since the change to the GS auto attack its alot easier to get the needed skillpoints.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0