• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valks who have Rerolled/rerolling   104 votes

1. 1. What class have you chosen

• Remain as Valk
    • Warrior
    • Sorc
    • Ranger
    • Darknight
    • Musa/Mae
    • Kuno/Nin
    • Witch/Wiz
    • Berserker
    • Tamer

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey fellow Valks,

Just kinda curious how many of us are left? My guild still has a fairly high amount of valks compared to our numbers(about 10% of the guild is Valks) but I notice a lot of guilds seem to be lacking Valks when I face them in Node wars.

Curious how many have rerolled and if so to what class?

I said the second I saw Darknight if the awakening looked fluid and mobile I was 100% going to reroll and after seeing the awakening video that more or less decided it for me. For me when I first chose Valk i thought it was more of a hybrid between warriors and Sorc/Witch but that was not even close to what the class was. Valk isnt bad its just average at everything.

As such I'm spending the next two months preparing myself for DK release and awakening, gonna have to go back to Karanda and Kzarka camping to get fresh boxes and go do Kutum for another one of those again but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Valks have become increasing stale for me now and seeing how little the devs care for our class with the lack of attention we receive when we so badly receive it has more or less killed my drive to remain relevant.

Edited by Valkrys

Posted

ive tried rerolling several times, but somehow keep returning to my valk

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

They're pretty amazing at 240 AP, the problem is getting TRI ogre TRI cres is disgustingly hard. In which case, below 200 AP? The grapple's diminishing returns where people get out of it instantly kinda mess with you.

Edited by andy1213
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Curious how many have rerolled and if so to what class?

Even if everyone reroll, I will probably always be the token valk of the guild as there isn't any other class that really interest me in a group PvP setting. I want to play "a tank" : Zerk feels bland and Warriors seems boring too (I may be wrong though). Even if I'm often getting frustrated because of some of our skill's bug/weird design or some retarded mechanics from another class (zerk grabs and witchards tp+nuclear bomb mostly), at least with my valk I have many things I can/have to keep track of (in a single battle you can/will switch from front tank to support to peeler to dps) and I like it.

Sure with another class my life would probably be easier but I would probably quit the game 2 months after having rerolled.

The gameplay while on my own is getting a bit old though (playing the same class since launch) and I could use some variation in small scale PvP. From what I've seen, DK seems kinda appealing contrary to other dps classes so I will definitely try to use it at a descent level to see if it appeals to me (as other dps classes doesn't really strike my fancy outside of awakened kuno maybe)

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

They're pretty amazing at 240 AP, the problem is getting TRI ogre TRI cres is disgustingly hard. In which case, below 200 AP? The grapple's diminishing returns where people get out of it instantly kinda mess with you.

I can agree with that, my first node war after i passed 200 ap(went from 170 AP to 204 AP between node wars), the Dmg difference was insane, went from not really doing much to racking up 60ish kills (one off, avged at about 30-40 now dependent on enemies/ duration). Our grapple is -----ing trash, we have 1/3rd of the grapple distance compared to that of a warrior(Tested myself) + no where near as long + no grab penetration + people seem to get up before you can even manage to do any half decent DMG combo we have.... Its only use for me is preventing CCs from Zerkers/ Wizards/ etc  when combined with PA or Elions Blessing.

Even if everyone reroll, I will probably always be the token valk of the guild as there isn't any other class that really interest me in a group PvP setting. I want to play "a tank" : Zerk feels bland and Warriors seems boring too (I may be wrong though). Even if I'm often getting frustrated because of some of our skill's bug/weird design or some retarded mechanics from another class (zerk grabs and witchards tp+nuclear bomb mostly), at least with my valk I have many things I can/have to keep track of (in a single battle you can/will switch from front tank to support to peeler to dps) and I like it.

Sure with another class my life would probably be easier but I would probably quit the game 2 months after having rerolled.

The gameplay while on my own is getting a bit old though (playing the same class since launch) and I could use some variation in small scale PvP. From what I've seen, DK seems kinda appealing contrary to other dps classes so I will definitely try to use it at a descent level to see if it appeals to me (as other dps classes doesn't really strike my fancy outside of awakened kuno maybe)

I get you, I just kinda feel its time to try something new, ill keep my 60 valk with Tet Dandy, might try slap tet Kzarka on it. But other than that I intend on full reroll for a DK unless it turns out to be completely useless in Node/ Siege which is my endgame.

Yea I considered it for Kuno, lost interest after about 30 lvls, same with witch after about 40 levels.

DK looks just like my class tho so I'm really excited for something new.

Posted

I'very been a Valk since launch and have been keeping up my hopes on some sort of acknowledgement that the class is broken and has plans on getting reworked. But after every patch I see little to no change, hope has dwindled. 

I'm currently sitting with a duo kutum knot, kzarka box, dandi box, and enough mats to get Dark Knight weapons to at least tri.

Posted

lol, I'm actually now sitting on the fence on this. After seeing the Dark Knight Awakening, it looks like they took a couple ideas from http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/109451-updated-important-fixes-and-what-to-do-to-compensate-what-valks-are-lacking-brainstorming/  or they probably just had the ideas to being with. To be honest, the class looks a little more inviting now. It does hurt a little to see skills that would've been great on Valk on other classes (like the berserker full hp heal...could've added that to Sanctitas de Enslar 100% because it just makes sense with all that energy flowing down from the sky, healing the valk and stunning people around her because it's just too much power...but, just ideas). I'm totally looking forward to trying the Dark Knight.

c-caw caw? *so, you're gonna give me money to play this class?* ....Money? what's that? I don't know what you're talking about, now shoo-shoo.

Caaw *Aww man*

Posted

Even before I actually started BDO, it was pretty clear to me that I would main a Valkyrie. And so I did, way back in the Betas and every single day since head start. And so it shall remain for as long as I inhabit the world of BDO.

And in fact, I have two Valkyries running, though one is the main "main" now, mostly doing all the leveling, grinding, mob farming etc, while the side "main" is now mostly life skilling. Oh, I do have another 2 "mule" low level Valkyries of course, that serve as ...  "storage mules" and to provide extra energy.

Sure, tried several other classes, yup even the lame ARSE ones (that are also easy to play even by blindfolded handicapped persons - hah... no offense ^^), but nope, nothing EVER will compare to a Valkyrie - not even the ultra hyped Dark Knight Elf cutie coming soon (that in the end seems to become another lame spell caster button masher, or kinda - not 100% sure yet).

That's about it, period.

Posted

After tonights node war I went back to my warrior. I want to do to frontline smashing type stuff, and valk just doesn't have the tools to do it safely.

It was highly amusing watching our wiz/witches wreck people with wave of light. I will miss that.

Posted

Still present, still Valk, still going full DP/support, yet still having tons of fun, it's getting a bit slower, but still far from some real grinder of the past, so it's still ok for me. In guild we have other valks, but are mostly side projects, mine is still a main char from early start to the end of my time on BDO - I'm too deep in love with it. 

Btw I've been left a bit behind with gearing, so if someone is going to sell a DUO dandy on Crox.. ehm EU, just drop me a PM, so I can try to place a pre-ord.

PS: wink wink @WeaselPaw plis ser, halp me git gud on AP valk, me don't understand it ;) 

Posted

PS: wink wink @WeaselPaw plis ser, halp me git gud on AP valk, me don't understand it ;) 

Wut ? I'm sure I'm not getting the joke but I'm also fairly sure you don't need anyone to tell you anything about our class in regard to how long you've played it :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Wut ? I'm sure I'm not getting the joke but I'm also fairly sure you don't need anyone to tell you anything about our class in regard to how long you've played it :)

eh eh eh, my humour is weird. I'm still trying to switch set-up (at least for PvE), and I probably need to tune/adapt my playstyle a bit, but I'm picky, so I will ask just to the few I really acknowledge as good.

Posted

Same. Waiting for Dark Knight.

Posted

I'll be sticking by my Valk. I've got 5 other alts consisting of Maewha, Musa, Zerk, Wizard & Sorc. They all feel incredibly strong and they're all fun to play, but my Valk will always be the big dog of my little team. Since before i even touched the game this was gonna be my go to class. She may not be amazing at any one thing, and i do hope the devs will look more into a few tweaks for the class, but im happy with what shes got to offer right now. That says alot considering what i COULD be maining right now lol

On another note: Dark Knights awakening was a letdown for me honestly. I hoped the rumors were true and she was getting some form of whip or better yet a Snake Sword similar to Ivy from Soul Calibur. Wouldve been alot of potential for a weapon of that nature. Instead we get another round of twin sabers only they're used in a more mid to long ranged fashion. The class was a contender for me at first but naw.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll be sticking by my Valk. I've got 5 other alts consisting of Maewha, Musa, Zerk, Wizard & Sorc. They all feel incredibly strong and they're all fun to play, but my Valk will always be the big dog of my little team. Since before i even touched the game this was gonna be my go to class. She may not be amazing at any one thing, and i do hope the devs will look more into a few tweaks for the class, but im happy with what shes got to offer right now. That says alot considering what i COULD be maining right now lol

On another note: Dark Knights awakening was a letdown for me honestly. I hoped the rumors were true and she was getting some form of whip or better yet a Snake Sword similar to Ivy from Soul Calibur. Wouldve been alot of potential for a weapon of that nature. Instead we get another round of twin sabers only they're used in a more mid to long ranged fashion. The class was a contender for me at first but naw.

I feel the same way.  I'll stick with my Valk.  I also knew before purchase that I would choose Valk.  I didn't choose it to be a "tank", as I don't think that concept even works in any of these MMO type games...its always dps or go home.  I don't mind that at all though.  I chose Valk because of the play style, skill set, theme, and aesthetics.  I always prefer a hybrid style class in these types of games.  That being the case, I was actually looking forward to the Dark Knight...until I saw the awakening.  The awakening took it to pure caster...which I don't enjoy.  If I wanted to play pure caster, I would play a Witch/Wizard/Sorc.  The Dark Knight awakening squashed any inclination I had of re-rolling to it...caster type weapons that you don't actually wield.  I tried other melee based classes like Kuno/Mae, but the Valk is just more enjoyable all around...just depressing that we can't get more developer love/improvements.  The slow grind speed and ridiculously high gear requirements to be decent are painful though.

1 person likes this

Posted

eh eh eh, my humour is weird. I'm still trying to switch set-up (at least for PvE), and I probably need to tune/adapt my playstyle a bit, but I'm picky, so I will ask just to the few I really acknowledge as good.

aw... so not me then :( (feel free to PM me IG or on forums if I can help though)

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll try Dark Knight. If I like it better I'll change. Otherwise I'll remain Valkyrie.

Posted

Valkyrie is life, Valkyrie is love!

It is a real challenge to main a Valk you have to invest time, you have to practice a lot to stand a chance in PvP it is not  a no brainer class like witch or ranger. I will not give up on Valkyrie maybe one day there will be a significant buff but until this happensi will not spend any money on this game (except for tought fallen crop costume). Sad that Korean developers dont seem to get the importance of balancing.

I dont understand why people would reroll DK the awakening is a cheap fusion of Valk Ranger Sorc. They want people to reroll so that they can make more money and DK will be nerfed after people have spent enough money on it. I also dont like the two floating sword looks stupid.

Be a unicorn, be a Valk

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont understand why people would reroll DK the awakening is a cheap fusion of Valk Ranger Sorc.

I guess most people voted for DK before see this crappy awakening... But w8. valk have crap awakening as well :/

Posted

0 votes for tamers, leleleleleleelelelelelelelelelele

Could be worse fellas, we could be Lemon.

Posted

i'm ninja main, but i just wanna say that i'm alting a valk. Why? becuase PALADIN!!!!!!!!

Posted

I guess most people voted for DK before see this crappy awakening... But w8. valk have crap awakening as well :/

This was posted after DK awakening video was released

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0