• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pets

13 posts in this topic

Posted

How many pets can you have at once?

I would like to use them for auto looting, and wondering if I have more pets active at once, will they pick faster?

Can enemies/monsters kill my pets?

How often do I need to feed those pets and what happens if I don't feed them?

Posted (edited)

Right now only 4

You dont have to feed them that often imo...but pet food is kinda cheap. If you dont feed them they stop picking up and you wont get all the bonuses from the pet anymore.

Edited by XKB

Posted (edited)

You can have 4 pets active at any given time. At worst, each pet will loot every 10 seconds (when they're new and haven't leveled up). So if you have 4 pets active, on average one of your pets will loot every 2.5 seconds. Which isn't too terribly bad. Feeding them increases their level, and it doesn't take long before their loot times are every 4-5 seconds, and having 4 active means that at least one of your pets is looting every second (which basically means you can forget about looting yourself). In my experience (and I can be wrong, so somebody please correct me if I am), Level reduces time between pet skills firing (ie... looting), whereas Tier expands the diameter of the area they can detect a need to fire off a skill (ie... cat pets point out gathering nodes, and at higher tiers can spot them from farther distances).

Pets don't get attacked by monsters/enemies, though some pets special ability is to aggro mobs which will bee-line to you if you have that special ability activated.

I myself have 4 pets. And have never bothered to breed them to higher tiers (cuz that would require cash shop purchases outside of events granting new ones that I can level up and breed with older pets for higher tiers), and I never have to manually loot ever. And I've only been playing about 3 weeks now. Don't know that I see a need to ever purchase a new pet.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Right now only 4

You dont have to feed them that often imo...but pet food is kinda cheap. If you dont feed them they stop picking up and you wont get all the bonuses from the pet anymore.

But to feed them I need to buy that food from pearl shop right?

No way to feed them with food that can be bought or made with silver?

I don't realy want to spend 10€ for food for each pet per month lol

Posted

you can buy food from the stable master npc for silver (very crappy inefficient food) and you can also craft food (Quality Feed) which is 50x better and more efficient than the cash shop food. so no real money maintenance required.

Posted

As Alrunia said you can buy them frim Stable master, craft them OR just buy them out of the Marketplace for the lazy people, they arent expensiv.

Good Feed heals 40 hungry ~ 14k

Organic Feed heals 70 hungry ~ 18k

Posted

Stable pet food is cheapest and best, buy 100, hotkey it and spam it 

Posted

you can buy food from the stable master npc for silver (very crappy inefficient food) and you can also craft food (Quality Feed) which is 50x better and more efficient than the cash shop food. so no real money maintenance required.

As Alrunia said you can buy them frim Stable master, craft them OR just buy them out of the Marketplace for the lazy people, they arent expensiv.

Good Feed heals 40 hungry ~ 14k

Organic Feed heals 70 hungry ~ 18k

Stable pet food is cheapest and best, buy 100, hotkey it and spam it 

Thanks for info guys. Found that food and already bought 4 pets. Sadly they are still level 4 only and pick too slow for me xD 

Catfishman camp is realy amazin place to grind money and with wizard I'm killing so many mobs that even 4 pets can't keep up with me. I hope it will get better once pets are max level (I'm guessing that level 10).

Is there any way to level those pets faster? I noticed that when I feed them, they get higher levels slowly. So the best idea is to leave game open over night so they will be empty with energy, and feed them? 

Posted (edited)

Pets get experience when you feed them. Tier 4 is the maximum and fastest at picking up, 2.25sec (at lvl 10). You can breed pets of same species to attempt to get higher tiers. If your goal is to get 4 x T4 pets, you will end up consuming hundreds of $/€.

Edited by Miki

Posted

Thanks for info guys. Found that food and already bought 4 pets. Sadly they are still level 4 only and pick too slow for me xD 

Catfishman camp is realy amazin place to grind money and with wizard I'm killing so many mobs that even 4 pets can't keep up with me. I hope it will get better once pets are max level (I'm guessing that level 10).

Is there any way to level those pets faster? I noticed that when I feed them, they get higher levels slowly. So the best idea is to leave game open over night so they will be empty with energy, and feed them? 

Yes if you want to level them faster, the best idea is to leave your pc running all day with the pets out and feed them whenever you check them up, i've leveled a pet from 1 to 10 in about 5-7 days (all day long, and feed them when i wake up or im close to the pc etc),

Posted (edited)

You can have 4 pets active at any given time. At worst, each pet will loot every 10 seconds (when they're new and haven't leveled up). So if you have 4 pets active, on average one of your pets will loot every 2.5 seconds. Which isn't too terribly bad. Feeding them increases their level, and it doesn't take long before their loot times are every 4-5 seconds, and having 4 active means that at least one of your pets is looting every second (which basically means you can forget about looting yourself). In my experience (and I can be wrong, so somebody please correct me if I am), Level reduces time between pet skills firing (ie... looting), whereas Tier expands the diameter of the area they can detect a need to fire off a skill (ie... cat pets point out gathering nodes, and at higher tiers can spot them from farther distances).

Pets don't get attacked by monsters/enemies, though some pets special ability is to aggro mobs which will bee-line to you if you have that special ability activated.

I myself have 4 pets. And have never bothered to breed them to higher tiers (cuz that would require cash shop purchases outside of events granting new ones that I can level up and breed with older pets for higher tiers), and I never have to manually loot ever. And I've only been playing about 3 weeks now. Don't know that I see a need to ever purchase a new pet.

Its cause you have been playing for 3 weeks that you dont see a reason to breed them...Grinding efficiently at higher lvls with high AP requires pets of T3 at least to keep up with the ammount of mobs you ll be mowing through....I play a warrior and with 191/185 mainhand/awakened AP my 4 T3 pets barely keep up with me having to stop and manually gather a few loot in high mob density areas... I imagine that people that play Wiz/Witch Musa Ranger will have an even bigger issue than me cause they are able to farm faster.....

Edited by Hayate
Typo

Posted

If you wanna min-max you have to get into Pet breeding right now. You usually breed to pets into a new Tier pet. Right now you have T1. You breed/fuse 2 Pets together to get a better new one. But RNG can fk you up. Example:

T1 + T1 = T1

T1 + T1 = T2

T1 + T1 = T3

Case one would fk you up since you would lose 1 pet and get the same sh*t Tier. lol

Max Tier is T4 so you have to breed them again since you cant get a T4 as far as I know on the first breedind attempts. Now do your math how much Money you have to charge just to get 4x T4 pets :D

Posted

If you wanna min-max you have to get into Pet breeding right now. You usually breed to pets into a new Tier pet. Right now you have T1. You breed/fuse 2 Pets together to get a better new one. But RNG can fk you up. Example:

T1 + T1 = T1

T1 + T1 = T2

T1 + T1 = T3

Case one would fk you up since you would lose 1 pet and get the same sh*t Tier. lol

Max Tier is T4 so you have to breed them again since you cant get a T4 as far as I know on the first breedind attempts. Now do your math how much Money you have to charge just to get 4x T4 pets :D

i doubt T1+T1 gives T1 though.

you can also get lucky 2xT1 = T3, do it again and get another T3 and then those 2 give a T4. The ideal breed but highly unlickely