• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please optimize the game so we get the same FPS that we used to get 6 months ago

Do you want Pearl Abyss to focus on optimizing the game?   269 votes

1. 1. Do you want Pearl Abyss to focus on optimizing the game so we get higher FPS like we used to?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BDO may have it's flaws, but overall I think it's a great MMO that has improved in many ways and which I still enjoy a lot after playing it since release.

Sadly however, I can't enjoy what this game has to offer to the fullest, because every new patch seems to bring even worse optimization to the game.

Over time the last 6-7 months, this game is starting to become unplayable even on a high end rig with gtx 1080, i7 4700 @ 4.5ghz, SSD and 32gb ram in GvG fights.

I see this same performance drop on my old pc which used to play the game smooth on medium-high settings 7 months ago, but now lags and stutters on lowest settings.

Memory leaks, server lag on EU, random FPS drops over time, xigncode and coherentUI services which are eating up insane cpu reasources randomly for no reason and much more are some of the flaws building up.

There are some small fixes found by players, like clicking X on the marketplace my items window, or simply just restart the game and PC until the game runs correctly without bugging out during startup due to 100% cpu usage from coherentui or xigncode bug, but it's not supposed to be the players job to try and fix the bad optimization for you.

So I ask you kindly to consider getting your programmers together and fix your game so we can enjoy all this content that you have released, because it's a shame that we have to deal with this poor optimization when the game has so many other good things going for it. 

TL;DR: I really love the game, but it would make everything more enjoyable if we got our FPS back, please.

Edited by Mentos
39 people like this

Posted

So coincidental as i was about to make a poll/thread on this very subject to eveluate the community.

I would gladly take a break on new content for good servers and reliable fps, not the rubbish we have atm on good machines that run every other game we play fine.

4 people like this

Posted

PA hired a team to optimize the game some time ago. Hopefully its just a matter of time and we will see improvements soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

PA hired a team to optimize the game some time ago. Hopefully its just a matter of time and we will see improvements soon.

Are there any quotes to confirm that statement?

"By collaborating with Silicon Studio, we have been able to realize fantastic realistic graphics that make it possible to raise the user experience one step higher."
Pearl Abyss:Jung·KyoungIn, CEO

You see this quote could have nothing to do with optimization and may just be to improve graphics and detail etc and make the game even worse for all we know. It's not like they are good at relaying information to us or telling the truth for that matter so i'm less that convinced any fixes are in the offing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder what hardware specs will be needed in the future. Like a gtx 1280 or something. lol

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

graphic enhancement, clearly dont necessary mean optimization ( you can have optimization in the process if they replace / rewrite stuff in the process, that assuming they are better coder than PA guys, but its clearly not certain )

Edited by woots
4 people like this

Posted

Thank you for making this thread. Hopefully we can finally push this through to Pearl Abyss. At times the game is unplayable even on the lowest settings and I wouldn't complain this much if it was the same from the beginning, but it wasn't, used to be able to play decently on medium settings, not anymore. I moved a lot of my storage to Altinova and Sand Grain Bazaar because Calpheon and Heidel are just not an option for me anymore, Velia is ok because not many players reside there but yeah, you get the point.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The game is pretty but also has very very glitchy graphics with poor performance. Top priority should be to fix the pop-ins, moving shadows/trees/grass/bushes, the wierd transparency/glow on hair/costumes and the detail differences between EU/NA and RU client etc. And last but not least, the very poor performance. With a GTX1080 I expect at least 60fps in all situations at 1440p.

Edited by veckans
3 people like this

Posted

http://dulfy.net/2016/11/15/black-desert-partners-with-silicon-studio-for-enhanced-graphics/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/15/black-desert-online-silicon-studio-partnership-better-graphics/

https://mmos.com/news/pearl-abyss-signs-mou-silicon-studio-develop-new-graphics-technology

http://www.heypoorplayer.com/2016/11/15/black-desert-online-dev-pearl-abyss-partners-with-silicon-s

All 4 of those links quote the exact same thing, which is what i already quoted.

So atm there is no confirmation that they are trying to optomize the game and it appears that this is just another BDO rumour that is incorrectly spread by the player base.

Would love to be wrong but it doesn't look like it atm.

Posted (edited)

Yep. Black Desert is in desperate need of optimization.

Sieges/Big scale fights are close to be unplayable unless I overl----- my CPU (I7 4790k) to the brink of melting since... you know. Multi-Core support isn't a thing in BDO. The fact that, if you siege calpheon you have to handle the city as well, which makes fighting over this region pure torture.

Not to mention that having an this kind of combat system, shitty performance is a no-go. Turning off effects helps to a certain point but hey... being unable to see anything is basically just suicide running from one CC you can't see into another one. Which makes this a game breaking situation!

Apperantly its possible. Cause when I'm dead or I'm just spectating a siege. Framerates and lag is ok. So thats certainly a point to start...

Afaik KR got an engine upgrade/optimization patch at one point? Has this brought to EU/NA by any chance? @PM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes @CM_Aethon

Edited by Zabraxa

Posted

When I start the game it runs super smooth on max details except high-end mode then after about 30min it starts to stutter but its not FPS issue because even when I set the gfx settings to minimum the stutter doesnt go away.

Yesterday I experienced message that there is not enough memory to run black desert and the client will be terminated so I clicked ok but the game kept runing but the NPC's went missing. When I checked blackdesert.exe it was eating more than 7gigs of RAM and the total usage was more than 10gigs of ram but I have 24GB RAM so this should be non issue.

I am using GTX 970 with 4GB RAM

Anyone experiencing same symptoms ? Could new GPU with 8GB solve this issue ? 

Posted

well that team should start to work then xD

1 person likes this

Posted

980TI SLI, 6700K, never drops below 60fps

Apart from the snow, for some reason when snowing, galloping through towns, it would stutter and ----- up in any number of random frame combos, like 29 up to 39 down to 18 up to 55...and you get the idea.

Posted

The Koreans don't care about us, not saying Kakao doesn't either, but us to the Koreans are simply an extra source of income.

Posted (edited)

The Koreans don't care about us, not saying Kakao doesn't either, but us to the Koreans are simply an extra source of income.

Korean players don't have performance issues?

Edited by Edremis

Posted

yes but they did hire that company to rework the engine but that may take half a year or so as they want the gameplay to remain the same as is now so makeing the engine around such a currently unoptimized system is not easy they will have to rework each byte and also in hope fix desynch by optimizeing the data packets that btw is 50% of the reason the fps are as low as they are.

1 person likes this

Posted

yes but they did hire that company to rework the engine but that may take half a year or so as they want the gameplay to remain the same as is now so makeing the engine around such a currently unoptimized system is not easy they will have to rework each byte and also in hope fix desynch by optimizeing the data packets that btw is 50% of the reason the fps are as low as they are.

Well it would still be nice to get an official statement if this is something they are actually working on, or just rumors from forum

Posted

The game is pretty but also has very very glitchy graphics with poor performance. Top priority should be to fix the pop-ins, moving shadows/trees/grass/bushes, the wierd transparency/glow on hair/costumes and the detail differences between EU/NA and RU client etc. And last but not least, the very poor performance. With a GTX1080 I expect at least 60fps in all situations at 1440p.

Finally someone who is annoyed by the same thing.

Running arround and even if I have60fps it doesn't feel so because that weird shadow moved, trees/grass/road changes pooping, polishes etc.

Don't know exactly how to desribe it, but it's annoying.

If thes can fix that, it would be awesome to get at least stable good looking 60fps when leveling and doing stuf. But if they somehow manage to get 60fps stable even when we are in cities and huge boss fights ... this would become the first MMORPG with optimisation like this. But I'm pretty sure they need DX12/Vulkan or Unreal Engine 4 to acchive that. So basicly rewrite 90% of the game code.

Posted (edited)

I voted No.     ...    I don't want to merely go "back" to however many months ago.   INSTEAD ... I want to see them focus on:

#1>  ADD PLAYER CULLING OPTIONS TO THE MENU like guildwars added.   It's completely asanine that we can't close off our CPU demand to having to deal with WAY too many players on the screen at once that we're not even interacting with.  If they're flagged up or hostile?...fine, RENDER THEM.  But don't try to calculate all the rigs & particles & shaders for 50 extra friendlies that the game can't even load & multithread efficiently

#2>  Before remastering the stupid textures and crap like they just announced at that investor conference ... work on getting VULKAN libraries integrated first so that everything actually multithreads a lot better first  (yes by the way, this would allow them to completely annihilate texture/shadow POP IN)

Edited by iller
8 people like this

Posted

I voted No.     ...    I don't want to merely go "back" to however many months ago.   INSTEAD ... I want to see them focus on:

#1>  ADD PLAYER CULLING OPTIONS TO THE MENU like guildwars added.   It's completely asanine that we can't close off our CPU demand to having to deal with WAY too many players on the screen at once that we're not even interacting with.  If they're flagged up or hostile?...fine, RENDER THEM.  But don't try to calculate all the rigs & particles & shaders for 50 extra friendlies that the game can't even load & multithread efficiently

#2>  Before remastering the stupid textures and crap like they just announced at that investor conference ... work on getting VULKAN libraries integrated first so that everything actually multithreads a lot better first  (yes by the way, this would allow them to completely annihilate texture/shadow POP IN)

And you know what would be respond from them about Vulkan? Something like this: " We need to hire new people to first learn about Vulkan, then implement on local server and test it. This would take 27 years to do". Then again they are not so small company and can probbably afford few more developers to work on that. I'm not sure how many players are there in BDO, but they got tons of money from players just buying the game. Not to mention in-game purchases ... I realy hope they can make this game work at 60fps all the time.

Posted

Whom would vote no? o.O

Posted

Whom would vote no? o.O

Well if you look 2 posts above this you will why someone voted "no".

But as you can see 96% people want it. Hope that means something to BDO, so they start working on it.

1 person likes this

Posted

>People actually think that this game looks good.

The biggest issue is that the game doesn't look good. It has absolutely no distinctive visual style. All they've done is throw a bunch of pretty assets into a blender and hope it sticks. There are quite a few games that are graphically, stylistically impressive. It's not just because of a bunch of pretty assets. It's because they actually have good environment and music design that comes together to create atmosphere. 

A really good example of this is Dark Souls. The worst part of this all is that the game relies on you knowing what is going on, yet the game prevents this. In a PvP game you need to identify animations, silhouettes to identify threats, etc. Yet the viewing space isn't clear in BDO. It's very hard to see what's going on.

Someone needs to complete gut BDO and overhaul how it looks. Right now the game is terribly optimized, and doesn't really look all that good in the first place.

3 people like this