• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please optimize the game so we get the same FPS that we used to get 6 months ago

Do you want Pearl Abyss to focus on optimizing the game?   269 votes

1. 1. Do you want Pearl Abyss to focus on optimizing the game so we get higher FPS like we used to?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Im pretty much in the same boat as you. The cities is what hits really hard. Then there are the stutters which seem to happen in every MMO where too much stuff suddenly appears on the screen.

Bu it's interesting that other games don't have that problems. Like overwatch for example. I always have stable 75fps on my 75Hz monitor with vsync on. In all scenarios, even if there are 10 players in front of me spamming all possible skills. And that's with max effects.

But they are using DX12 and Vulkan for API. Not sure which engine, but it's doing wonders.

Too bad we can't have that experience in MMORPG games. Can't even dream of 120/144/165 or 185 fps with 120/144/165/185HZ monitors with g-sync :( 

Posted

I just want my performance from a week ago to come back.. :( 

stuck at 32 FPS when it was 50-60 :(( I had quit for a time only to come back to an unplayable game. Shame I love BDO in many aspects.

Posted

Back when I first started playing  a few weeks after release, the lowest my fps would go was 50. This was at zaka kills/heidel and calpheon.  Nowadays I drop into the 20's quite frequently. Optimization has been taking a nose dive ever since ranger awakening patch for me.

Not to mention I used to be able to leave my client running for weeks without a crash or disconnect. Now it happens at least once a day.

Posted

I think people before you already tagged few of admins to get some infos from them. I don't think they know anything.

And if they would, I belive they would be kinda proud to announce something about that.

Sm1 tagged a few, exactly. One of the tagged isn't even an active CM anymore (Tytyes) & Jouska as PM isn't free for much forum reading. So why not ask our lovely new CM's to take a look and ask around? Who knows when Aethon or Praballo have time for this topic^^ 
Doesn't hurt to utilize all opportunities

Posted

Well with i7 4790k and GTX 1070 I get low fps in cities. I saw 15fps few times, but mostly it's around 22-27.

And from the informations that are avaliable on web I don't see any info about doing something with engine. It seems they will just improve graphic of characters, objects etc. So probbably no changes with game's engine at all. I pray to gaming God that they will implement DX12 or Vulkan to the game, but for that they would need to rewrite almost all game code. Not even sure if any game made update to go from DX9 to DX11 or from DX11 to DX12/Vulkan. Usually they just make new game and let the old one die.

Well I believe Pearl Abyss made a custom engine for BDO just how NcSoft made a kinda custom engine with the cry engine 1. AION had hard any FPS issue in Korea since most internet cafe use similar PCs and basically all on the same net.

The company in question yes might be helping improved on certain aspects of graphics but can also help resolve other issues PA is running into. See if SK can help with shadowing and the lighting effects that would also help with the impact those are causing now

Posted

I really want them to optimize partial effects better. There are some classes I wanna disable (including myself completely). the issue is disabling mage effects. its really hazardous .

Posted

I really want them to optimize partial effects better. There are some classes I wanna disable (including myself completely). the issue is disabling mage effects. its really hazardous .

See I think this is where what SK the company PA is working with would help with

Also If people are using High End mode turn that off for now since its basically experimental 

Posted

BDO may have it's flaws, but overall I think it's a great MMO that has improved in many ways and which I still enjoy a lot after playing it since release.

Sadly however, I can't enjoy what this game has to offer to the fullest, because every new patch seems to bring even worse optimization to the game.

Over time the last 6-7 months, this game is starting to become unplayable even on a high end rig with gtx 1080, i7 4700 @ 4.5ghz, SSD and 32gb ram in GvG fights.

I see this same performance drop on my old pc which used to play the game smooth on medium-high settings 7 months ago, but now lags and stutters on lowest settings.

Memory leaks, server lag on EU, random FPS drops over time, xigncode and coherentUI services which are eating up insane cpu reasources randomly for no reason and much more are some of the flaws building up.

There are some small fixes found by players, like clicking X on the marketplace my items window, or simply just restart the game and PC until the game runs correctly without bugging out during startup due to 100% cpu usage from coherentui or xigncode bug, but it's not supposed to be the players job to try and fix the bad optimization for you.

So I ask you kindly to consider getting your programmers together and fix your game so we can enjoy all this content that you have released, because it's a shame that we have to deal with this poor optimization when the game has so many other good things going for it. 

TL;DR: I really love the game, but it would make everything more enjoyable if we got our FPS back, please.

LMFAO!

I called this months before the server merge. I have been through 3 other server morges in 3 other games and they always say it will be better. Nope!  In EVERY case it got worse, as it did here also!

Many people said I was full of it when I said months before the merge that we would see worst lag, more crashes, higher populated grind areas, and more bugs.  Well, immediately after the merge what did we get? More lag, more crashes, higher populated grind areas, and more bugs.  

This afternoon I was kicked out. I can get back in but after about 5 minutes, to the desktop I go.  This has been happening the lest 5 or so hours.  Anyone know whats up THIS time?

Posted (edited)

Bu it's interesting that other games don't have that problems. Like overwatch for example.

Overwatch has far fewer DIFFERENT character & lighting variables to constantly juggle through its CPU cache. They also don't have Scaleable custom proportions requiring real time skin computations.  Infact almost all "Lobby" games use stock optimized animations and don't have to constantly load new geometry & textures as you move or as new players come into range.  Its Boxy sectioned off maps are also benefiting from something colloquially called "Vis Leafs" which effectively prevent your computer from even processing the particles & lighting & details of characters that are behind certain geometry

Edited by iller

Posted

Overwatch has far fewer DIFFERENT character & lighting variables to constantly juggle through its CPU cache. They also don't have Scaleable custom proportions requiring real time skin computations.  Infact almost all "Lobby" games use stock optimized animations and don't have to constantly load new geometry & textures as you move or as new players come into range.  Its Boxy sectioned off maps are also benefiting from something colloquially called "Vis Leafs" which effectively prevent your computer from even processing the particles & lighting & details of characters that are behind certain geometry

Well as you can see, I'm no expert on this.

But tell me something ... do you think it's possible to optimise BDO, to the point where we would have 60fps stable (even in cities with tons of people)? Ofc with decent hardware like i7 7700k + GTX 1080 or something like that. Do you think it would be possible? Does such technology exists?

Posted

Remove those christmas decorations... my gpu is getting mad when i'm speaking to the marketplace npc in Velia.

Posted

LMFAO!

I called this months before the server merge. I have been through 3 other server morges in 3 other games and they always say it will be better. Nope!  In EVERY case it got worse, as it did here also!

its just a game . doesn't mean it can't be fixed O.o

Posted (edited)

Looking at other mmo's that Ive played, BDO is easily one of the worst Performance wise, and its purely random at that. Sometimes its horrible at spot x, sometimes its not. I used to have 60fps in shakatu, now its 30, thats a bad joke for every customer.

Edited by 2cute2shoot

Posted

It's as if devs and the tech team have never played games before. 
All this should be handled before release of any game in the world. 

Posted (edited)

Like everyone else, I'm experiencing several issues with BDO being poorly optimized and the whole thing becoming worse patch after patch.

I find that very annoying to not even get any official announcement regarding an optimization plan for the game, do you realize that a YEAR has elapsed since BDO has been successfully launched for NA and EU players and nothing have positively changed ?

BDO is great but currently its game engine really need to be polished... It sounds that we, the customers, are not even informed and don't know what to expect about the game's future. Not to mention that, at this pace, I don't care anymore about the game being prettier (/wave at Silicon Studio), I don't really care about new content being added, I care about my game experience being actually bad for such a AAA MMO which is in my opinion still far from reaching its full potential.

Please, give us hope ! Don't let the community have the scraps of vague informations not even ensuring us to have a better future. Game engine is the heart of your product, whatever you are planning to add upon it, if what you have is a defective organ then you will never truely benefit from the rest.

Edited by Armory
1 person likes this

Posted

Game engine is the heart of your product, whatever you are planning to add upon it, if what you have is a defective organ then you will never truely benefit from the rest.

They are not doing anything with the engine. Maybe they will toss something pretty and sparkly to the players, but game engine rework would need the revenue from a sequel game to be viable.

Posted

PA hired a team to optimize the game some time ago. Hopefully its just a matter of time and we will see improvements soon.

What if THAT was the optimization they did, can you imagine that? :D

Someone said only people at NASA with super computers can play that on medium +, but they also lagged in Heidel ahahhahaa

Posted (edited)

My suggestions for starters ( before even optimizing)

Add 20 Channels , even when the channels are not crowded the lagg is ridiculous (this is desperately needed in my opinion) even for high end pcs

Option to hide AFK people

Option to hide Horses

Extra Banks NPCs in heidel at least

Add MarketPlaces in glish , keplan or other centric cities to avoid cluster and promote moving from heide

Avoid clusters of people like the AFK spots in velia

Remove Auto loop in Cities (sorry afk trainers) unless you add an option to Hide them too like my second suggestion

when the channels are reset , there is not much of a problem for me even in high populated areas , but as soon as AFK people come , the lagg increases to sky until its unplayable like on weekends i decide to not play because this reason, even tho i run other programs while AFK all the time including games we need more channels asap

Edited by Rua
1 person likes this

Posted

I somehow doubt that enhancing graphics will solve the performance issues.

It looks like it's heavily CPU and network depending, and that the core of the engine would have to be rewritten for better multitasking.

Not sure if an external middleware company that specialized on graphics can do magic here.

Posted

The game is pretty but also has very very glitchy graphics with poor performance. Top priority should be to fix the pop-ins, moving shadows/trees/grass/bushes, the wierd transparency/glow on hair/costumes and the detail differences between EU/NA and RU client etc. And last but not least, the very poor performance. With a GTX1080 I expect at least 60fps in all situations at 1440p.

I can confirm this with a AsusRogSwift 1440P screen, i have around 80 AVG FPS in open world doing solo stuffs and 40-50 in towns same in Big Team Fights. 

Posted

Bu it's interesting that other games don't have that problems. Like overwatch for example. I always have stable 75fps on my 75Hz monitor with vsync on. In all scenarios, even if there are 10 players in front of me spamming all possible skills. And that's with max effects.

But they are using DX12 and Vulkan for API. Not sure which engine, but it's doing wonders.

Too bad we can't have that experience in MMORPG games. Can't even dream of 120/144/165 or 185 fps with 120/144/165/185HZ monitors with g-sync :( 

If you would have 10000s of players in the same overwatch match, I can guarantee you would have the same problems.

How many players are there in an overwatch match?

Posted (edited)

I can confirm this with a AsusRogSwift 1440P screen, i have around 80 AVG FPS in open world doing solo stuffs and 40-50 in towns same in Big Team Fights. 

What's your CPU? I get a bit higher FPS than that. Same monitor, GTX 1080, and a 6850k

Edit: The thing that's caught my attention/odd, I can actually play Zarka/Nouver with effects turned on and still get really good FPS. I took a screenshot the other day, was still getting 70+ FPS on high at Zarka, and 90+ at Nouver. Seemed...Odd...I imagine Harpy would be worse, but due to work I haven't hit one of those in a while.

One day FPS seems GREAT, the next it seems AVG. RNG in FPS too, I guess xD

Edited by Keytal
1 person likes this

Posted

NASA-greenscreen-caught-600x350.jpg

Great effects though

Posted

If you used google....... Pearl Abyss has teamed up with Silicon Knights in Japan http://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/en/news/pressreleases/2016/en1612pearlabyss/

Hopefully they HIGH END mode is what they are working on 

I kind of wish Pearl Abyss used Google, there are far better companies for optimizing code than Japan...

Ah well, hopefully this 4th tier company can do something for us in the near future.

Posted

Please do not compare MMO's to shooters, completely different worlds.