• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So with Dark Knight there are now only 5 male classes an a crazy 8 female classes. I plan on coming back to this game but it looks to me like it's headed in the direction of Tera. Is it so hard for mmo's to make male characters? Has sex really taken over the gaming world? No one seems to wanna look or be bad ass anymore. It seems everyone wants to be sexy or cute. I really hope Bdo doesn't go the Tera Rising route and screw over the people that only wanna play male characters. Sex sells I get it but come on mmo's don't sell out. 

Edited by Shujinfujimarusamasanmango

Posted

is 100% economic. major part of all player of mmorpg play female character. why waste money on one classe that only 30-120 player will play ?..

Posted (edited)

God I hate that way of thinking. You would think they would wanna at least try to please everyone. 5 to 8 is crazy and I think 4 of the 5 they have a felame version of too. 

At least make male versions of the female ones if your not gonna even try to make new male toons.

I see a 5-9 in the next 1-1 1/2 years you watch

Posted

Its a korean MMO. They make games to suit their target audience.

That audience tends to prefer female characters. What is so hard to understand??

Posted

Kuno was create first, next to the complain on player to have a male version, they create one.

Posted (edited)

The same thing happens when there are too many male chars, because then all the SJWs and Feminazis start to crawl out of their caves. So studios like PA add more female chars. That results in happy SJWs and Feminazis + horny gamerzzz, which then results in more money because no bad publicity and horny neckbeards that will spend money on secksy skins.

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted (edited)

I hate that its like that man. I just want as much choice as the horny gamers

Posted

I hate that its like that man. I just want as much choice as the horny gamers

Playing a female character doesn't make you a horny gamer.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Playing a female character doesn't make you a horny gamer.

Never said it did. But when you got guys that play male toons because their a guy vs guys that play female because they like female and guys that play females so they can fap later. Its becomes 1v2 , then you also gots the chicks that play female so its 1v3 AND you got the ones that switch to females because they had all the op classes 1v4. Then boom you get mmo's making more females than male

Posted

Never said it did. But when you got guys that play male toons because their a guy vs guys that play female because they like female and guys that play females so they can fap later. Its becomes 1v2 , then you also gots the chicks that play female so its 1v3 AND you got the ones that switch to females because they had all the op classes 1v4. Then boom you get mmo's making more females than male

Eh...

I tend to play female characters because you tend to find the same thing in most games...

- Male toons tend toward slow strong attacks, female toons tend towards faster not so strong attacks which is my preference.

- Male toon costumes and armor always seems a little... bland. Female toons generally get more options and more interesting.

And the obvious... If im going to watch an ass all day, it might as well be a nice one :P

Posted (edited)

They will be releasing more male classes but expect a bigger amount of females because it sells well.

(Many female guildmates play as a warrior because he's hot for them so the horny gamer argument works for all not only female characters, it's just that there are less female players)

Edited by Edremis

Posted

Until we get lewd outfits I refuse to believe that the game is headed "the same way as tera" 

Posted (edited)

And here I'm wishing to play female warrior but no...(valk is not female version of war) your whole argument is invalid and this gender lock classes are bullshit but whatever... it's easier to make animations and costumes, physic etc. just for 1 gender. Also majority of ppl rather watch some sexy curves of females than stare 10h grinding on ass of male... 

Edited by Strifecorrupt

Posted

It would also be nice to have a lil bit more localization in regards to male haircuts. They all seem like something that might appeal to koreans but I dont think they meet western expectations.

Also the male bodies are not really western either. Honestly dont know if they are modeled after korean standards either because they just look a bit weird in undies/char creation, or is it just me?

Posted

Yeah, but the two best classes in the game are male..zerk and warrior

Posted

Females sells 

Posted

pretty sure this wont be an issue. PA has a pretty good track record for class diversity.

Beta launch was 3 male, 3 female (they even left out witch for a period while wizard was still available.)

two of the four major class releases so far have had female/male counterparts (you could argue valk being a counterpart for warrior.)

They've talked about doing a Male Dark Knight to counterpart the Female one. They haven't confirmed whether or not its happening yet but it just so happens the female came out first.

the only female classes besides Dark knight that lack counterparts is the original 3. if you make the argument for Valk that still leaves Zerker without a female variant. if not then both zerker and warrior lack counterparts which currently puts us at 2 exclusively male classes and 4 (excluding DK until PA confirms no male variant) female exclusive classes.

looking at Tera, there are NO classes exclusive to Male. meanwhile, there are 5 (Reaper, Gunner, Brawler, Ninja, whatever the new class is called) female exclusive classes in Tera which puts the count at zero male to five female.

Tl;Dr: is the game biased towards female characters? yes, show me a KR mmorpg that isn't. Is PA working on content exclusively for females? no.

can't believe I even did this write up now that im looking at it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Even in the dual gender classes, Musa, Ninja, Wich....the male is superior to its female counterpart.

2 people like this

Posted

Even in the dual gender classes, Musa, Ninja, Wich....the male is superior to its female counterpart.

Witch is Better than wiz

1 person likes this

Posted

Witch is Better than wiz

That's a very debatable topic, but it seems the majority participating in this debate in the Witch/Wiz subforum would disagree with you. 

Posted

So with Dark Knight there are now only 5 male classes an a crazy 8 female classes. I plan on coming back to this game but it looks to me like it's headed in the direction of Tera. Is it so hard for mmo's to make male characters? Has sex really taken over the gaming world? No one seems to wanna look or be bad ass anymore. It seems everyone wants to be sexy or cute. I really hope Bdo doesn't go the Tera Rising route and screw over the people that only wanna play male characters. Sex sells I get it but come on mmo's don't sell out. 

Pls dude...

Moreover, like many others said, most people play and like to play female classes. And it's not like there aren't any male classes in BDO. Oh, and you can look bad ass AND sexy as female too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't really love or hate the decision. It's most likely purely economical, and there really isn't much choice in the matter if they have to make payroll. Such is life.

Posted

Pls dude...

Moreover, like many others said, most people play and like to play female classes. And it's not like there aren't any male classes in BDO. Oh, and you can look bad ass AND sexy as female too.

no you cant. These days its only sexy gear your female classes. 

Posted

no you cant. These days its only sexy gear your female classes. 

https://bdofashion.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/valkyrie.jpg

http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/article/201609/12/20160912003958a0eid822zf45870x.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bHav_FEI0K8/maxresdefault.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Are You Sure About That GIF - Sure JohnCena GIFs

1 person likes this

Posted

Even if there is less male class but most of the male class are pretty op to balacend it