• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Leveling sailing skill

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I noticed there is a new skill line to level, which is great. However, I have been sailing my fishing boat around for a while now and the exp bar hasn't moved at all. Does anyone have any information on levelling this? I have been doing it afk, so not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if you need to sail the new boat designs.

Posted

I noticed there is a new skill line to level, which is great. However, I have been sailing my fishing boat around for a while now and the exp bar hasn't moved at all. Does anyone have any information on levelling this? I have been doing it afk, so not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if you need to sail the new boat designs.

1: you need to control the boat manually. 2: Only on the area of the sea where the map does not work you gain exp for it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok that makes sense ty

Posted

Is this life skill bugged? I have been sailing the fast seas of Margoria (without autopath, just exploring) on my fishing boat but so far I only got a bit of experience in the first part of the story quest line before Lema Island. My sailing is stuck at beginner 1, 18%.

Posted

You must be in Ross sea or Magoria sea, where your map doesn't work.

Posted

I think there is a bug with it taking you off the boat after 3 hours of afk sailing. (happened to me three times already)

Posted

I think there is a bug with it taking you off the boat after 3 hours of afk sailing. (happened to me three times already)

I think that's just lag. 

Posted

you do not have to manually sail. Hit T works just fine long as you are out in the sea (where the map does not work). Just might get attacked by stuff is reason to do it manually.

Posted

you need to be in magoria (or very south of arehaza) where you can't see your map and drive your boat. doesn't have to be manual (can just press T and let it go), but its based off "distance travelled" so you cant just hook up an xbox controller and elastic a joystick so it does donuts all day, best way to level at the moment if you want to afk is to just press T in sea of ross and let the afk screen effects turn you, although you can still get stuck, get popped out of ross sea and into one with a map, or get farther into magoria and killed by mobs.

Posted

are u sure ;)

Posted

Still waiting here hear a point to this. WHAT IS SAILING!?!? Why in the world would we want to spend countless hours leveling it? DO WE BENEFIT IN ANY WAY FROM SAILING XP?

Why in the world would you guys release new stuff and not explain it...

If you want me to spend my time doing something, tell me why I should!

Posted

You need to sail in the new ocean area. Only place you can get xp. You get skills for the new ship you can make and I would imagine the guild one. So cannon skills and such would be my guess.

Posted

i imagine it works just like training(horses)...sailing(boat) just different mounts.

Posted

Sailing lets you use special skills on the new boats and hire skilled boatsman which gives the boat perks.

1 person likes this

Posted

5 people like this

Posted

What perks?

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

Every AFK sailer i see I kill. 

Posted

I think that ships have skills like horses but require a certain sailing level to use  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ 

Posted

I think that ships have skills like horses but require a certain sailing level to use  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ 

4E1E7D53-8526-4898-A4C6-542382204E91.thu

correct

Posted

Gonna take long time to level it that high. At Beginner 10, sailing from port epheria to the new port and back only gave me 10% each way.

Posted (edited)

1: you need to control the boat manually. 2: Only on the area of the sea where the map does not work you gain exp for it. 

does not need to be manually. push T and your boat will move on its own (safest in the ross sea because sea creatures do not aggro you)

not exactly autopathing, but also there

EDIT:

already mentioned. whoops.

Edited by Gunism

Posted

Gonna take long time to level it that high. At Beginner 10, sailing from port epheria to the new port and back only gave me 10% each way.

Sail E to W in Ross sea, much safer, you can even hit T and go afk for 1/2hr at a time or more

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0