• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

node wars [Urgent Issue] Region Tier Guild Ringers are ruining node wars

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Today I'm voicing my concerns on some recent occurrences on the NA server. As of late, several Region Tier guilds have taken to dropping their guilds during the week to join smaller tier nodes. While harmless on the surface as they're free to do that so long as they fall within the current guidelines/restrictions, this has become a regular occurrence where specific guilds (I won't drop names here, though will give guild names to a GM/CM if asked), have taken to exchanging these services as payment for taking up region slots, and this needs to be reevaluated.

As it stands, no more than 10 Guilds can contest a region, and so if a guild holds a castle, they can simply ally with smaller guilds, have them build forts, and simply not have any opposition for said region war. This effectively means that there's not legitimate way to contest a castle. In exchange for this, during the week, these region holding guild members will join the guilds who dropped for the region, and give a significant boost in support to said guild for node wars.

The big issue is the fact that there is legitimately no way most guilds can compete vs the upper echelon as they receive significant payouts for regions, and for node wars (heck, one of the region holders cuts himself up to 500 mil a week). Regardless, this is a significant issue and will likely have an adverse effect in the long run. When it happened once or twice, it wasn't nearly as much of an issue but, it's become so frequent, that I've run into these "injected" guilds several times a week for the past month, and it needs to end. If this keeps continuing, I foresee a major drop in participation for node wars among the more casual/medium player base. There's even a region guild that has a dedicated alternative guild that they join during the week to assist their allies for taking nodes as payment.

Additionally, the idea that "allies" are even a thing directly contradicts the spirit of this game. If the game was intended to force long term alliances, the systems would be in place with it. Instead, workarounds for said alliances are paid through abusing in game mechanics (ie; Handing off nodes, Final Wars, etc).

Some Suggestions I would make would be the following:

• Initiate a seven day cooldown for new recruits. This would work in the sense that guilds would NOT be able to assist guilds during the week, and would effectively deter these actions. However, I don't think a seven day cooldown on joining a guild is necessarily healthy. Just simply disallow participating in any Region/Node wars for one week.

• Make dropping for regions more expensive. While I don't like the idea of an expensive drop as it significantly drops the number of eligible guilds for a region war, this will definitely FORCE guilds who do consider allying to determine whether a significant price (say 1 billion) is worth it. Not many guilds are willing to pay 1 billion out of pocket for some alliance/ally, as it ultimately is detrimental, AND it forces a guild to seriously consider their resources and whether or not they're ready for region wars.

Again, this has become a consistent issue on the NA server, and is growing by the week. More and more Region Tier guilds are abusing this system, and will only serve to hurt the game in the long run. Please reach out through the appropriate channels and see that this issue is resolved, as I do enjoy the game, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say their gaming experience is being ruined by this issue.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

39 people like this

Posted

I agree!

Posted

Agree. ----- this bullshit. Also buff musa

Posted

@CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon @CM_Dew @CM_Serenity @CM_Yukimura and so forth

2 people like this

Posted

yeah

Posted

same

Posted

Yeah I made a thread about this last night and there's currently a reddit thread that lost steam overnight. I think it should be a week long cooldown to REJOIN a guild you just left IF you joined another guild during those 7 days. That would effectively take anybody who left guild to capture nodes during the week out of the Saturday night Territory war and would allow guilds to re-invite members who get kicked by disgruntled officers (specifically thinking of the time Barcode had an officer boot all non-officers on a Friday night).

2 people like this

Posted

How about we make it so territory owners can drop on other territories? 

ohboy.jpg

8 people like this

Posted

wouldn't be happening if the 1 region patch would be established, but then again, can you really blame them for doing this ? Just like you people, they want PvP, and being stuck in one region while gaining money and no pvp is very boring.

even so, its the community's fault for letting the people that got tons of money that opportunity, no one decided to face them/ zerg them while it occurred. There's not much to this thread other then opening new options for the region wars.

1 person likes this

Posted

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted

Then we need to be able to fight for multiple regions or still do nodes.   The highest and most rewarding tier of node wars shouldn't be sitting and waiting and hoping someone drops so you have a fight that week.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

let us place on bordering territories on Saturdays then.

EDIT: ^ would only encourage alliances while not solving lack of pvp during week, bad idea nvm :P

the #1 reason this happens is simply because people want pvp, being able to pay friendly guilds like that is just a side effect convenience.

Edited by Nebz

Posted

Then we need to be able to fight for multiple regions or still do nodes.   The highest and most rewarding tier of node wars shouldn't be sitting and waiting and hoping someone drops so you have a fight that week.

let us place on bordering territories on Saturdays then.

the #1 reason this happens is simply because people want pvp, being able to pay friendly guilds like that is just a side effect convenience.

This is the price territory guilds pay. You either want PvP or money. Where territory guilds inject into smaller guilds won't help this.

Then the guilds that are strong but refuse to take ringers to come win shit for them won't have the money payouts to keep gearing up because they are simply losing to the the territory guilds who get a much more massive payout.

so in the long run you would run more people away from doing REAL pvp, then these territory guilds that are "bored" will never have anyone to PVP.

Either keep your territory and gearing up forever. Or drop territory and fight other territory owners and node wars. The fact you can have both is unfair because the game designers already made it where T3 owner guild can't fight a T2 after owning it. So in the long run this could just be a exploit if the developers feel the urge of taking punishment out on these guilds/players.

TL;DR Game has a feature that prevents a upper guild from fighting smaller ones in nodes/territories. Except people are now exploiting and getting around it.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

wouldn't be happening if the 1 region patch would be established, but then again, can you really blame them for doing this ? Just like you people, they want PvP, and being stuck in one region while gaining money and no pvp is very boring.

even so, its the community's fault for letting the people that got tons of money that opportunity, no one decided to face them/ zerg them while it occurred. There's not much to this thread other then opening new options for the region wars.

If they want pvp, drop region, retake region, bada bing badaboom.

If they want money, keep the region, bada bing badaboom.

But hey ----- me, that would mean everyone would have fun as more people would get a go at regions AND the top people got their belowed wanted PVP, right?

Edited by Darzana

Posted

That's the thing, these top guilds always say "Ohhhh I want pvp"  , but its pretty much given you all don't, you just want to curbstomp and this proves that because even if you did switched guilds , why are you going then for t1s instead of like t3s and the like? Why then do people always stack on the current winning guilds again and again?

I belong to a t1 guild  and it's been stupid seeing guilds asking for 400+GS and with 60+ members running around a t1 node smashing everything.

4 people like this

Posted

The real problem is all the T3/borderline region guilds seem to have an inferiority complex and won't drop for region wars. 2 weeks went by when not a single guild dropped on Valencia. 21bill payout and they wont even make a try for it, even to just stop the people getting the 100mill payouts from bloating any further.

To expect the people stranded on regions to give up the region instead of dropping tag and sieging under a different tag out of consideration for your feelings, is ridiculous.

They should implement something like a continent war, you need to own a region and be in that guild for over a week to participate. Problem solved, everyone gets pvp.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Im having problems understanding. Is the problem that there are guilds participating in t1 and t2 node wars? Or is it that you can't beat them? 

Edited by Blurpe

Posted

same

Posted

Also, Territory guilds want PvP. But then pay 9 guilds to dead drop on their territory. Top kek

Posted (edited)

Im having problems understanding. Is the problem that there are guilds participating in t1 and t2 node wars? Or is it that you can't beat them? Normally when faced with a challenge in a game you try to overcome it.

Basically big guild cuts a deal with enough smaller guilds. Smaller ones fill up all the spaces 'contesting' the big guild's area but don't attack.  Big guild gets $$$$$ without having to really defend their region.  In exchange, since the you can freely leave/join guilds,  the big guild sends high level/geared ringers out to join the smaller guilds for node wars and they rek shop in lowbie t1/t2 nodes.    The geared players decimate the lowbies they normally wouldn't be able to fight, then leave, rejoin the big guild for their cut of said $$$$$.

End result.   Lowbies get recked by people they have no chance of beating and would never have to face under the actual design of the system.  Highbies skirt the rules of said design and get $$$$$ with no risk of loosing their region they normally have to defend to get that $$$$$.

And yea, hopefully something like a guild rejoin timer is added or something.   BDO's who endgame is contested pvp. Probably not the best thing to keep people engaged and playing (read: paying) if the high end is rigged and the low end is unwinnable.

Edited by 2monthslatenonamesleft

Posted

The problem is we have a bunch of HARDCORES, who play like little b******. 

No one wants to lose there weekly money so instead of fighting for it to prove who truly deserves it they ally or full drop on a node to block other guilds.

Then after avoiding region competition because the b**** a*** leadership thinks they're so "gud" after there no PVP contest (manup lost ur castle hahahah) they go and join t2 t1 guilds and deystroy people with half their gear score, bring a guild whos undeserving of their node a win and now they feel like they too are "gud".

The twitch/streamer/region community is filled with some of the most obnoxious, insecure, and lame individuals its not even funny. Each one trying to grip onto some little bit of online ego to make their lack of a real life just a tad better... I mean look at lacari constantly comparing himself to celebrities and presidents, Kyu thought he was a king at one point. Orca and Morrolan tried to put out a contest giving out 1xArtisan Memory untill they relised no one gives a flying f*** who they are, and 90% of the players dont even know who they are so they up it to x20 Artisan Memories (idk if anyone even particpated). These kids are trash, and half the reason im still guildless despite having more than adequate enough gear and lvl to waltz right in to any top guild cause i refuse to join the toxicity of these communities

Hopefully the GM's will put something in place to deter these actions and once these kids realize they have single-handedly ruined every aspect of end game fun for themselves we will see some real region pvp or we will see them quit either one is okay as we have 300 players ruining the game for 3000.

3 people like this

Posted

PVP is not optimal, but there is nothing else to do.

Both of your ideas inhibit PVP, that should not be a goal, as there is literally nothing else to do in the end game except kill a million more of the same mobs that you have already killed, chop a million more of the same trees, catch a million more of the same fish.

Your second proposal would go a long way to ending most region war pvp.  Is that your goal?

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see a problem.  A guild should be able to hold every single castle and every single territory if they are that strong and capable.  Artificial parity is a joke.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL, make it more expensive? So what, GMs can kick people for guild funds? What a hoot.

I'll say this, stop crying. 1 day is too much as it is. What needs to happen is the CD needs to be changed to 6-12 hours but any new guild members cannot participate in node wars for 3+ days.

Posted

btw the times we went for t1 and t2 nodes were because we had only 18 and 30 ppl in our alt guilds, and lost both :P I heard Iconic lost a 2v1 aswell. Wooo terrible region bullies.. lul

at this point in progression even w/o paying allies, and even if we could place on more territories during saturdays, some people would still want to PvP during week bcuz there is lil else to do.

Instead of [removed] players who reached endgame out of content even more pls add more meaningful pvp outside of nodes. Thanks o/