• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please remove all pearl - > marketplace restrictions

171 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Please remove all these restrictions. Let people sell every pearl item on the marketplace and remove the 5 per week limit.

It's MORE pay to win with how restricting it is to sell pearl items on the AH. Items are so heavily camped that it's nearly impossible to get things without paying thus forcing you to pay. On top of this there's so many pearl items you CANT even sell on the marketplace which is stupid. You get the same amount of revenue with or without these extreme restrictions(someone still has to pay cash) however the people WITH disposable income can spend money for the people WITHOUT. This will probably make the publisher more actual revenue and make it less headache inducing and less frustrating to buy the items with silver.

There is really no reason for this restriction. it just hurts players who can and can't pay for these items. If you're too poor to afford the items via cash you can't really buy them for silver because the ones you CAN buy are in such high demand due to this silly 5  per week restriction and there's so many items that simply CAN'T be bought for silver. Then the people who want to sell them and do have the money can only sell the most expensive items(labreve witch only, basically) and can't keep the market supplied.

By allowing everyone to buy every item from the pearl shop with silver, you make the game MUCH LESS pay to win because then you can PLAY THE GAME AND EARN THE ITEMS IN GAME instead of CASH ONLY.

There's some borderline mandatory items such as the value pack which is nearly impossible to get without shelling out $15/month. Not everyone can afford this - let the people who can supply the people who can't.

If someone wants to pay $100,000 to get full BIS gear, who really cares? Let them, laugh at them. You can also just play the game and get the same gear as them without paying any money past the initial purchase price, aka 0 pay to win. The massive amount of people who will benefit from easily accessible and in game farmable pearl shop items far outweights the negatives of a few people paying their way to BIS gear.

This is a win/win situation. The publisher gets more money, the players who can't afford the cash shop items can get them from playing the game and farming for them, and the people who CAN afford the cash shop items and want to sell more for silver can also do that. EVERYONE WINS.

Please seriously consider this adjustment, I beg of you.

Edited by Shiyo
13 people like this

Posted (edited)

What about just making pearl boxes sellable instead & keep the limitation of 5?

Edited by Jylin
2 people like this

Posted

If someone wants to pay $100,000 he will need 119 weeks (witch means 833 days or 2 years and 3 months) every week 120 million silver which makes almost 15 billion with witch you cant buy full bis gear soooooo bye

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't even read, keep the limit, whales can go play a different game. Selling pearl boxes would be nice though. You could always make it so you can convert igm for pearls but of course that won't be done, less profit for Kakao. It's bad enough we have Artisan memory and other crap... 

16 people like this

Posted

If someone wants to pay $100,000 he will need 119 weeks (witch means 833 days or 2 years and 3 months) every week 120 million silver which makes almost 15 billion with witch you cant buy full bis gear soooooo bye

Yeah, exactly. The amount of money you'd need to spend to get gear better than someone can get from playing the game is obscene. There is zero pay to win aspect from selling pearl items to the marketplace. There is, however, a pay to win aspect when you CANT or it's very difficult to obtain these borderline mandatory(value pack, weight, horse resets) items without paying cash.

2 people like this

Posted

You're assuming just because it's hard to snag things off the market it automatically forces people to buy it with real money? Implying that both are somehow different in 'pay to win scale' than the other when the outcome, being the person getting said item, is the same?

Seems legit. You're saying that people should be allowed to get more silver in game for paying real life money. That is literally the definition of pay to win. I can't fathom how you ended up with the mentality that this is anything less than pay to win. Seems you have a 1 sided view on the part of the player rather than the person who is actually registering the item and getting the silver.

Of course it's a win win situation, but that is at the cost of pay to win by literal definition. I don't even use that often, if at all due to the word being so overused that any autist uses it to justify something they don't like about the pearl shop. Maybe THINK about what you're saying from every side. Seems like you are the person who gets nothing off the market and just wants more people to flood it with items to buy without thinking 'hey, there's a person getting silver from this purchase'.

2 people like this

Posted

Didn't even read, keep the limit, whales can go play a different game. Selling pearl boxes would be nice though. You could always make it so you can convert igm for pearls but of course that won't be done, less profit for Kakao. It's bad enough we have Artisan memory and other crap... 

"Didn't even read".

Why even reply? You know the post basically says you'd be able to buy artisan memories for silver in game, right? Which fixes your complaint.

Posted

Please remove all these restrictions. Let people sell every pearl item on the marketplace and remove the 5 per week limit.

It's MORE pay to win with how restricting it is to sell pearl items on the AH. Items are so heavily camped that it's nearly impossible to get things without paying thus forcing you to pay. On top of this there's so many pearl items you CANT even sell on the marketplace which is stupid. You get the same amount of revenue with or without these extreme restrictions(someone still has to pay cash) however the people WITH disposable income can spend money for the people WITHOUT. This will probably make the publisher more actual revenue and make it less headache inducing and less frustrating to buy the items with silver.

There is really no reason for this restriction. it just hurts players who can and can't pay for these items. If you're too poor to afford the items via cash you can't really buy them for silver because the ones you CAN buy are in such high demand due to this silly 5  per week restriction and there's so many items that simply CAN'T be bought for silver. Then the people who want to sell them and do have the money can only sell the most expensive items(labreve witch only, basically) and can't keep the market supplied.

By allowing everyone to buy every item from the pearl shop with silver, you make the game MUCH LESS pay to win because then you can PLAY THE GAME AND EARN THE ITEMS IN GAME instead of CASH ONLY.

There's some borderline mandatory items such as the value pack which is nearly impossible to get without shelling out $15/month. Not everyone can afford this - let the people who can supply the people who can't.

If someone wants to pay $100,000 to get full BIS gear, who really cares? Let them, laugh at them. You can also just play the game and get the same gear as them without paying any money past the initial purchase price, aka 0 pay to win. The massive amount of people who will benefit from easily accessible and in game farmable pearl shop items far outweights the negatives of a few people paying their way to BIS gear.

This is a win/win situation. The publisher gets more money, the players who can't afford the cash shop items can get them from playing the game and farming for them, and the people who CAN afford the cash shop items and want to sell more for silver can also do that. EVERYONE WINS.

Please seriously consider this adjustment, I beg of you.

There is a game for you out there, it's called archage. You will find like-minded people there. Stop trying to ruin other games.

12 people like this

Posted

You're assuming just because it's hard to snag things off the market it automatically forces people to buy it with real money? Implying that both are somehow different in 'pay to win scale' than the other when the outcome, being the person getting said item, is the same?

Seems legit. You're saying that people should be allowed to get more silver in game for paying real life money. That is literally the definition of pay to win. I can't fathom how you ended up with the mentality that this is anything less than pay to win. Seems you have a 1 sided view on the part of the player rather than the person who is actually registering the item and getting the silver.

Of course it's a win win situation, but that is at the cost of pay to win by literal definition. I don't even use that often, if at all due to the word being so overused that any autist uses it to justify something they don't like about the pearl shop. Maybe THINK about what you're saying from every side. Seems like you are the person who gets nothing off the market and just wants more people to flood it with items to buy without thinking 'hey, there's a person getting silver from this purchase'.

It doesn't matter if they're getting silver. I can farm items and get the same gear as them, I can't farm items and get pearl items right now how the game currently works. Value pack = ~20% more silver per auction which is a literal definition of pay to win. If they were easily accessible for people who can't afford to pay $15/month then it wouldn't matter.

If you can obtain 100% of cash shop items and 100% of the games items by simply PLAYING THE GAME it's NEVER pay to win.

The value of silver per cash is so horrible that you have to spend such obscene cash to get a good amount of silver, which means it doesn't matter if most people spend money on the game. They can't get anything you can't as well, you simply have to play MORE. You can't play MORE for items that are CASH ONLY.

My solution makes the game LESS pay to win.

Posted

thus forcing you to pay

No one's forcing you to pay, so no. 

Posted

Your Idea, basically, explains the function of most doomed and failed P2W titles...

This Game's Economy is full of blockers and limiters. If you remove the limiter on one side it will offset the entire balance. Also, you will redeem a problem that got solved months ago again: Goldsellers.

There will be freaking TET and PEN goons running around within weeks. Your idea would make the distance between new/bad players and rich/whales (in silver or cash) become even greater. It would entirely destroy the game's current "natural growth" and decrease the value of various aspects in this game. Heck, for what do you believe the devs are starting so many catch up events?  Your Idea is not feasible.

Just take a coffee break, relax and go back to the AH. It is hilariously easy to snipe Value Packs.

Posted

One word, NO.

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your Idea, basically, explains the function of most doomed and failed P2W titles...

This Game's Economy is full of blockers and limiters. If you remove the limiter on one side it will offset the entire balance. Also, you will redeem a problem that got solved months ago again: Goldsellers.

There will be freaking TET and PEN goons running around within weeks. Your idea would make the distance between new/bad players and rich/whales (in silver or cash) become even greater. It would entirely destroy the game's current "natural growth" and decrease the value of various aspects in this game. Heck, for what do you believe the devs are starting so many catch up events?  Your Idea is not feasible.

Just take a coffee break, relax and go back to the AH. It is hilariously easy to snipe Value Packs.

No it wouldn't, unless you have people willing to spend literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars on cash shop items.

The current situation makes the game more pay to win. Pay, get pets. pay, get value packs. Pay, get outfits with insane enhancements. Pay, get weight. Pay, get artisan memories.

Pay, pay, pay pay. If you could sell all those and sell them more often you could PLAY OR PAY. There is no PLAY option for most of those things.

Edited by Shiyo

Posted

No it wouldn't, unless you have people willing to spend literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars on cash shop items.

The current situation makes the game more pay to win. Pay, get pets. pay, get value packs. Pay, get outfits with insane enhancements. Pay, get weight. Pay, get artisan memories.

Pay, pay, pay pay. If you could sell all those and sell them more often you could PLAY OR PAY. There is no PLAY option for most of those things.

I understand your standpoint, and you are right on the "no PLAY OR PAY" aspect. Problem is, it is one issue you would solve by creating ALOT more problems. We can see that this Issue is totally embedded in your mind and you can't comprehend the entirety of this system. Its like saying: "My Car's engine is spilling oil everywhere, so I will remove the Oil to stop the spilling." Yes, it stopped spilling. But your engine also lost its lubricant and will eventually break.

Basically, you are missing all the other points, and for the purpose of explaining it to you I will quote a pretty good answer you already got:

Maybe THINK about what you're saying from every side. Seems like you are the person who gets nothing off the market and just wants more people to flood it with items to buy without thinking 'hey, there's a person getting silver from this purchase'.

Cheers, don't get infuriatet because of this. Clashing opinions are a normal occurrence. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Only restriction I like to see lifted is the one on utility based costumes.

Makes absolutely no sense you cant re-sell stuff like ghillie, cooking- or fish costumes. They're in the same price range as premium outfits, so I dont get why they cant be listed. What the argument? But maybe I'm missing something  :o

2 people like this

Posted

One word, NO.

I'm just going to quote this and let it stand for itself. 

Posted

The part in green is a good idea.

The part in red is not a good idea.

Sadly, there is so much opposition to the part in red that the rush to condemn it is likely to trample all over the part in green. That's a shame.

Posted

No.

Posted (edited)

That 5 item per week limit actually means nothing anymore. You can abuse the artisans memory system as much as you want, only your wallet is the limit. P2W in EU/NA is even worse than Korea, where there's a 300$ monthly limit due to their law. Just take the limit off already, because it will get removed in near-future anyway.

Edited by Miki

Posted

Agreed.

It's hard enough for us working players who fund the game to keep up with people who have 24 hours to play the game as well as still having to balance all the failure from upgrading etc.

I don't even use the exchange as much because of the low prices, it's just not enough to make sense. 

The part in green is a good idea.

The part in red is not a good idea.

Sadly, there is so much opposition to the part in red that the rush to condemn it is likely to trample all over the part in green. That's a shame.

I don't find the red too bad because I believe in work and trade. We all work differently and find common grounds to trade on.
I'm trading my work in the capital world for others work in the virtual world.
Seems fair to me.

People assume that a bunch of us just have infinite money, we don't.  Even even with the cap you're looking at a car payment a month for what, an extra 400-500m?(I forget how much it actually is), but the point is that it's literally a car payment a month to get that done.

Not sure how many filthy rich people you know that can and will do that but I don't know too many. The position under filthy rich belongs to working class. Why are we getting punished for funding the game?

So unless my math is wrong.

With the current system you can obtain 450m/month at the cost of $680 USD/month.
According to my wallet, that's not worth it, nor is it fair if your remove the element of "Just" players claiming that "Earning" what they have means you have to do everything their way, otherwise it's not fair to them, etc.

On the other side, you have the majority of the paying players who work and fund the game with how much and when they want.
The concept that there is no work done to receive Something in return makes no sense what so ever and should be abolished.
Regardless of how you look at this situation, work is being exchanged for work in the currency of capital and time.

In my opinion, it's not fair to paying players that with how low the gains are in accordance with how much the gains cost people complain about this system at all. I think what people will need to come to understand is that, their method of doing things is not the "Right" way of doing things. There is no "Right" way. And simply because someone has earned something and it looks like it was "Easier" for them to do then your method, does not mean that it was wrong, not worked for, easier, etc. whatsoever.

At the end of the day, in my eyes at least... It's all a game. Work for work, time for time. We should be able to set the exchange rates ourselves, police ourselves, work as an economy. Sure there will be super chargers and under cutters. but there are in all economies and it has it's pros and cons, it's all a part of the game.
I understand that many people don't want to play that game, but those are the same types of people who, without care, walk to the marketplace, list an item and click okay, without doing any research into the item and it's sales before hand- this is to say, they don't care.
What they do care about is a more complex system requiring more work that others are willing to do that will gain others more gains than them for figuring it out and working through it.

At the end of the rant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Some of us have been fighting for a system like this since we joined the forums. I can understand why Pearl Abyss feels the need to dictate so much themselves but man... Kinda sucks. A lot of us long for open games, and where those do exist out there and we can just go play them instead, not many are like Black Desert Online(aka none). Meh. I lost my train of thought so i'll end it here :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay. Listen up fool.

1. Compared to - Korea's BDO have terrifying weight limits. Be glad NA verison's weight is very lenient. 

2. RNG bid was implemented to keep everything fair. Because if we allows people to seriously bid. It turns into the worst case; 'Rich minority can control the market.'

3. Outfits don't have insane enchantments.

4. You can get artisan memories for loyalty.

5. Value-packs 1-day value can be obtained with loyalty as well, and you can get 30-day if you win the RNG-war.

Overall. Marketplace is RNG when it come down to bidding, to prevent minority from jacking the economy. This game is not pay to win. Get your head out of the butt, and just go. Quit the game, and make the forum a slightly happier place, if it'll do us darn good. 

If not. Quit complaining, and sit.

Posted

nty. put in the grind, win the rng

Posted (edited)

nty. put in the grind, win the rng

I'm at my grind right now. Called a job. Without the one I do, some people would not even have an internet connection. Are you implying that i shouldn't use a mutually beneficial use of my time on something I want to enjoy?

Edited by War

Posted (edited)

I'm at my grind right now. Called a job. Without the one I do, some people would not even have an internet connection. Are you implying that i shouldn't use a mutually beneficial use of my time on something I want to enjoy?

Yes, I'm saying quit your job and win at BDO.. jk

but, I too work full time and have other responsibilities. I put in the grind and win rng every so often lol. So it's do-able

Edited by MiNiBUNZ

Posted (edited)

Yes, I'm saying quit your job and win at BDO.. jk

but, I too work full time and have other responsibilities. I put in the grind and win rng every so often lol. So it's do-able

God if only you knew how often i've considered quitting my job and getting a part time job + working on more development/etc shit (ofc not just for bdo, i'm lacking in free time all around.)
I still consider and plan it now lol.

Yeah it's doable, just not on the same level as players that have 50/24 hours of day to day to play play play, not that i'm saying THEY should be punished by us funding players funding the game and getting higher rewards, more so that people might want to set asside the notion that us paying players shouldn't receive close to on par reward as those who play play play.

dunno haha, if that made sense.

Edited by War