• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Remove Character bound NOW!

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Now that you make 99% of profits from the pearl-to-market resale update. Cant you now afford to make the 2-3 functionality items family-bound instead of character bound? Im just talking about horse whistle, swimspeed suit, and camo suit. THATS IT.

I just want to be able to hand the $15 horse whistle i paid for to my witch so i can replay the campaign. Not allowing me to do this is not even realistic or lore-friendly its just scummy.

I really want to support your game. But you are insulting my intelligence and loyalty to your game by requiring that i purchase functionality items from the pearl shop multiple times for each character. I can understand pearl costumes needing to be purchased multiple times on each new character (Because this is a sub-free game afterall and that is your main source of income which i am perfectly fine with)

But functionality items?? I just want to be able to take these items off of one of my characters, and hand them to another.

I just made a new witch character to replay the campaign but i cant even hand her the $15 horse whistle i paid for.. Why does it matter what alt i play on? Its the same exact copy of the game. i have multiple characters that i need to travel to and from pirate island..And i cant even take off my shark suit to let them use it.

Making functionality items one-character bound is just wrong. If i spend $15 bucks on a permanent horse whistle, that's pretty generous of me considering i can buy an entire AAA game for that price.  You should be thanking me for my support for spending that kind of money on a small horse whistle.. But as thanks you give us a whistle bound to only one character? I cant even hand a horse whistle to my alt?. Thats not even realistic or lore friendly either thats just plain scammy.

When will developers learn that trickery/sly tactics to earn more money actually results in the exact opposite effect? You are lucky this game is not on steam because i have seen games get OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE reviews for way less scummy things.

I think the few incredibly-rich players who mindlessly throw all of their money at you have have resulted in your standards being too high. Its like you now expect every gamer to be giving you that kind of money. You need to be more appreciative of your players and remember that even $10 is a lot of money to the average pc gamer.

Making items character bound does NOT lead to players saying "Oh ok so ill buy it 9 times" it just leads to you getting nothing. Do you know how many people asking about items decided not to buy it after ive told them the item is character bound? Every one

Edited by SpinDie
16 people like this

Posted (edited)

totalmente de acuerdo... !!!!!! cada vez y hablo por muchas personas estamos más descontentos, muchos han abandonado  ya el juego cada día mas gente abandona... y otros estamos aguantando en black desert con la esperanza de que hagan algo mejor... pero si aguantamos es por los amigos que hemos hecho en el juego con los que llevamos ya un año... sino les aseguro que por cosas como esta y muchas muchas mas ya no estaríamos jugando y hablo tan solo de mi clan que somos unas 75 personas activas...

Edited by Shirayukki

Posted

totalmente de acuerdo... !!!!!! cada vez y hablo por muchas personas estamos más descontentos, muchos han abandonado  ya el juego cada día mas gente abandona... y otros estamos aguantando en black desert con la esperanza de que hagan algo mejor... pero si aguantamos es por los amigos que hemos hecho en el juego con los que llevamos ya un año... sino les aseguro que por cosas como esta y muchas muchas mas ya no estaríamos jugando y hablo tan solo de mi clan que somos unas 75 personas activas...

Google translate = "totally agree... !!!!!! Every time and I speak for many people we are more discontented, many have already abandoned the game every day more people abandon ... and others we are enduring in black desert in the hope that they do something better ... but if aguantamos is for the friends That we have done in the game with those that we have already a year ... but I assure you that for things like this and many many more we would not be playing and I speak only of my clan that we are about 75 active people ..."

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your quick replies

Posted

i totally agree and those people that actually bought the inventory/wight on different characters should sim ply get their pearls refunded! The Company wouldnt lose any money because many players could instead use the pearls for things they enjoy(Costumes/furnitre,Skins) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The players buying the shark suit are the ones who want to give you money for your free margoria expansion pack. This is how you thank us? By making the diving suit only bound to one character? Seriously how do you guys even sleep at night

Dont you make enough money off the thousands of purchased and resold pearl outfits every day? Would it really hurt you that much to make the few functionality items family wide like they always should have been?

i am just one person sitting at the same computer. Why should i pay multiple times for the same exact item? Think about it.. This is wrong

Edited by SpinDie

Posted

Umh.
They probably don't make enough money.
They may be making just enough. People underestimate how much it cost to maintain a game.
I do however think you should be able to transfer items to a new character somehow. Maybe a paid transfer bank. 

Posted

Umh.
They probably don't make enough money.
They may be making just enough. People underestimate how much it cost to maintain a game.
I do however think you should be able to transfer items to a new character somehow. Maybe a paid transfer bank. 

Tbh, if the costumes were account wide, their sales would likely go up as more people would buy 1 since "heck, I can have this even if I reroll later on" instead of how it is atm where a lot are scared of buying more than 1 in total since they never know if they'll get bored or simply they can't justify the price tag :/. If you see where I'm coming from? I'm bad at explaining. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh, if the costumes were account wide, their sales would likely go up as more people would buy 1 since "heck, I can have this even if I reroll later on" instead of how it is atm where a lot are scared of buying more than 1 in total since they never know if they'll get bored or simply they can't justify the price tag :/. If you see where I'm coming from? I'm bad at explaining. 

Hmm, I do see where you are coming from, but I am not sure you are right.
I am a whale. I will buy outfits for whichever character I am playing as. Sad as it is, whales make up the majority of all income for free to play games. This is especially true in a game like this which targets whales and people with disposable income. It takes a lot of convincing for a casual spender to drop 30 dollars on a costume. What might increase sales would be lowering the cost of pearl items in general. So you would increase revenue from casual spenders, but lose revenue from whales.
I am not sure if it would be worth it in this case.

Now this is a buy to play game, so they do make a chunk from that as well, but I would not be surprised if that only covered the server cost. People often underestimate the cost of just running the servers. 

Posted

Hmm, I do see where you are coming from, but I am not sure you are right.I am a whale. I will buy outfits for whichever character I am playing as. Sad as it is, whales make up the majority of all income for free to play games. This is especially true in a game like this which targets whales and people with disposable income. It takes a lot of convincing for a casual spender to drop 30 dollars on a costume. What might increase sales would be lowering the cost of pearl items in general. So you would increase revenue from casual spenders, but lose revenue from whales.
I am not sure if it would be worth it in this case.

Now this is a buy to play game, so they do make a chunk from that as well, but I would not be surprised if that only covered the server cost. People often underestimate the cost of just running the servers. 

I'd actually like to argue that due to the game being buy to play, most folks who play it have already shown they're willing to pay, for the right pricetag or conditions. So I think that the sales would go up if the costumes weren't bound like they are now :S. But then again, that could also been taken from the other way around: I already bought the game, why should I have to pay more?. Although I feel like this is less likely as most people who wanna look nice in b2p games probably know that they'll have to pay for it. 

So the question really becomes: Would the revenue from all those casuals who'd start buy stuff outdo the loss from potential whales? 

Posted (edited)

I just want to be able to take it off one character and hand it to another. Is that too much to ask? How is that going to make them lose any income?

Edited by SpinDie
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i think the following things should be account wide or family bound:

Max Weight Limit Increase
Inventory Expansion
Elions Tear
Horse Flute

everything else is fine IMO.

bet lets be honest, they won't ever change this.
These are the biggest money grabs in the game lol.

Edited by xcandykitten
4 people like this

Posted

They would make more money if those items were in face account wide/family bound. Then a ton of more people would be willing to buy them.

Posted

They would make more money if those items were in face account wide/family bound. Then a ton of more people would be willing to buy them.

And lose the revenue from the people willing to buy them multiple times now. 

Posted

There are already items shared like value packs and pets, but some more items should really be shared, like horse whistle.

1 person likes this

Posted

And lose the revenue from the people willing to buy them multiple times now. 

That is the caveman-IQ kind of mindset that the devs have right now that is keeping them from making more money.

"we will make more money if we only give them the item on one character because then they will buy multiple"

NO!! BECAUSE OF THAT DECISION THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS WILL BUY NONE AT ALL!

i know for a FACT i would have purchased all of the weight limit and inv expansion items by now if they werent single character bound

6 people like this

Posted

The cost to run a game are actualy quite low. What DO cost money are the folks who generate content for the game.

"Whales" are NOT the people who pay the maintaining costs for a game like BDO... because, well, there is like one whale in 1000+ players (possible its even one in 10 thousand). Who pays all the bills are the regulars (not f2p folks), who pay like 15-50 bucks each month for as long as they play. The question is... between the regulars (who pay 15-50) and the f2p (who pay nothing their entire career), there is another group. They have money they could spend, but not much, and they think twice before the buy something. Would it actualy improve the profits for BDO, if they lower the prices and thus this group would not hesitate that much anylonger to spend some money. I am pretty sure it would.

Look at Guild Wars, it was B2P, no shop (except for character slots), and ncsoft did make money. Look at Guild Wars 2... B2P too, also have a decent shop, and it runs good. Look at League of Legends... F2P and they get their money from selling quite cheep skins. So, would it actualy hurt, if certain items would be family bound, not character? I do not think so.

Btw... I can say, Kakao lost more then 1000€ because I talked people out of buying stuff that is just worthless.

And I have 7 friends who decided not to play BDO in the first place (one left after 2 days of playing, 4 more after 1 month). Never underestimate word of mouth advertising.

1 person likes this

Posted

i know for a FACT i would have purchased all of the weight limit and inv expansion items by now if they werent single character bound

But I will buy all of the weight limit and inventory expansions to all my characters. Regardless of it being unlocked on all of my characters, or only one.
They earn more money from me in the latter case. 

I do want it to unlock on all characters, I am for the consumer, and cheaper is always better for the consumer, but I believe this is the reason for their decision. Devil's advocate if you like. 

I may be wrong. Lowering costs, or making unlocks account wide might increase the revenue. I hope they make this change if I am actually wrong.
We can only speculate though. We lack information. 

Posted

Would BDO fail if i could hand my $15 horse whistle to my alt? I dont want to make this just another discussion bashing cash shops

I stupidly bought the permanent horse whistle assuming it was entire-account bound. It didnt even cross my mind that something as little as a horse whistle for a whopping $15 would be for one character only. (theres also copy of game that says +perm horse whistle which falsely lead me to believe that it was a passive for that entire copy of the game)

But if all this arguing is for nothing (i doubt devs will even click this thread) What is the reason they do not allow certain items to be resold through marketplace? If someone pays for the item with real money they who cares who wears it? That has always confused me as well

Posted

i totally agree and those people that actually bought the inventory/wight on different characters should sim ply get their pearls refunded! The Company wouldnt lose any money because many players could instead use the pearls for things they enjoy(Costumes/furnitre,Skins) 

apart from some people buy the items when a sale happened, so refunding them the amount of what they spent means they then cant re-purchase them as they are not on sale currently, for example inventory or weight slots.

Posted

My view:

Because of the current system, people are less likely to re-roll when a class they are playing now gets boring.
"I dont want to play this class anymore, but i can't really justify spending another $60 at least on weight/inventory/horse flute."
So instead that person just quits and doesn't play anymore.
Then BDO loses out on that money that player would, in the future, spend on BDO altogether.

3 people like this

Posted

My view:

Because of the current system, people are less likely to re-roll when a class they are playing now gets boring.
"I dont want to play this class anymore, but i can't really justify spending another $60 at least on weight/inventory/horse flute."
Then BDO loses out on that money that player would, in the future, spend on BDO altogether.

Possibly right.
Players get so invested into their characters that they can not switch.  
One of the main strategies of free to play games is to get players invested, so that they won't change to another game. In BDOs case, that goes even deeper with each character. 

Posted

My view:

Well said, i didnt even see this post till just now

Posted

That is the caveman-IQ kind of mindset that the devs have right now that is keeping them from making more money.

"we will make more money if we only give them the item on one character because then they will buy multiple"

NO!! BECAUSE OF THAT DECISION THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS WILL BUY NONE AT ALL!

Exactly what I would do.

1 person likes this

Posted

BUMP!