• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wizard gear, awekened weapon, Harpy boss? (Returning Player with too much questions)

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi fellow adventurers, I'm a returning player in need of infos, first I saw 3 awakened weapon exist, one you get from quest, one you can buy, and the third one, the dandelion... I'm not sure how to get it, I think with an harpy boss but I don't know where it is or if it's a world boss or a boss you have to summon.

Then I don't understand why the green awekened weapon even exist, since the blue you get from the quest is better, why would someone use it?

And last but not least, I don't know what gear to take for my mage, I know there is already some guide on the internet for it, but I couldn't find any recent one, and since a lot (I guess) has change, I don't know if I should trust them.

Sorry if my english isn't perfect, I'm french, and thanks already for your answers!

Edited by Londinium

Posted

Green awaken is far cheaper to enchant because durability repairs are extremely inexpensive. It also has "all species damage" instead of "human damage" which gives it an advantage grinding in places with non-human mobs. I think this matters on Olvia channels since you'll find that Pirates/Sausans are insanely crowded at all hours of every day on all 3 Olvia. 

IMO the best "bang for your buck" gear to use early on is the 6x Jarrett's jewelry you get from your returning event daily rewards, 4x Grunil (try to upgrade to DUO), Liverto Staff (DUO/TRI until you can get a Kzarka eventually), Steel Dagger (Ultimate DUO/TRI until you eventually get Nouver or maybe Kutum), Green awaken weapon (aim for TRI). 

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for your answer :)

I tought there would be some better armor than grunil now ^^

Posted

Thanks for your answer :)

I tought there would be some better armor than grunil now ^^

Boss / Rocaba. Grunil is a good starter though.

Posted (edited)

The green one isn't upgradable to blue or yellow and is bad compared with the other awakening weapons. The green one could be bought from the vendor in altinova the armor vendor or something like that it is at the opposite of the repair dude. The green one is a good alternative but in the end yu want the dandi because it has the most ap. 

The accuracy from your main hand, crystals  and a bit of your ap aswell is auto transported to your awakening  therefor choose wisely.

Edited by Beirut

Posted

Let me hijack this thread.

I've returned recently as well and leveled my witch from 51 to 56 during last 3 days.

I have a mix of Taritas and Grunil (+13-15) and +15 Yuria and Steel dagger.

My plan is to replace armor with PRI Grunil and and get PRI/DUO Liverto (+15 green sphera will have to do for now, as I'm short on money).

1. I tried to get PRI Liverto from Marketplace, but it seems almost impossible. I tried pre-ordering for 100M, but 2 Livertos that appeared on the market have been sold to someone else. Does this pre-orderin even work, or did those people bid more than 100M?

2. How should my skill tree look like at level 56 (both Combat and Awakening trees)? i have 736 skill points in total if that matters.

3. Can I use my Sphera exclusively? Or is it just to supplement my Staff? After watching some vids it looks that ppl run Sphera 95% of the time.

Thx in advance.

Posted (edited)

Let me hijack this thread.

I've returned recently as well and leveled my witch from 51 to 56 during last 3 days.

I have a mix of Taritas and Grunil (+13-15) and +15 Yuria and Steel dagger.

My plan is to replace armor with PRI Grunil and and get PRI/DUO Liverto (+15 green sphera will have to do for now, as I'm short on money).

1. I tried to get PRI Liverto from Marketplace, but it seems almost impossible. I tried pre-ordering for 100M, but 2 Livertos that appeared on the market have been sold to someone else. Does this pre-orderin even work, or did those people bid more than 100M?

2. How should my skill tree look like at level 56 (both Combat and Awakening trees)? i have 736 skill points in total if that matters.

3. Can I use my Sphera exclusively? Or is it just to supplement my Staff? After watching some vids it looks that ppl run Sphera 95% of the time.

Thx in advance.

1. Yes, but whether an item gets sold to a preorder is RNG, to prevent the very thing that the Bid system was made to stop; people being able to get every item listed and thus prevent others from doing so. Also, PRI Livertos definitely go for way more than 100m preorder; you either need to set up a notice and bid every time one goes up on the market or drop at least 120m for preorder.

2.  This.

3. Neither. You can't use it exclusively, but the Staff is a supplement to your Sphera, not the other way around. You're gonna have to use Healing Lighthouse when you're really low on HP, Spellbound Heart always, Magic Lighthouse if you want to grind optimally, Magical Shield for tough mobs/bosses/PvP, Protected Area for PvP, Speed Spell always.

Edited by Zephan