• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash shop required to do guest?

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I am doing the new underwater quests and the first one i get to I use my pot to add to my underwater breathing time and I cannot get to the quest goal before my breath runs out. I go back to the mainland get 2 of the new 15 sec gems put them in some boots and go back out and continue the quest chain. I get to the explore the trench and even with 100 seconds of dive time I am unable to make it to the guest goal. Are we going to be required to buy a fish/shark to do the new quests. I bought this game under the impression that I would have access to ALL the content without having to buy access. Was I wrong is BDO going to release more content that you cannot do without cash shop purchases? FYI to anyone doing the quest you can cheat by logging out while diving to reset your breath.

Edit: I had a 10 second pot 2 15 second gems  and I still could not get there in the 100 seconds of dive time do Is the non cash shop margin so narrow I would have to use the 15 second potion and the gems to just barely make it? I dove multiple time and timed myself  I took over 100 second and I was still not able to interact with the gust objective. Edit 2 Had +4 movement speed.

Edit 3:Is the margin for success so thin that without a fish/shark suit you HAVE to have +15 pot @ +15 gems and  +5 movement speed just to have a chance? I mean I was only missing 5 seconds of breath and 1 move speed from that.

Edited by Physt

Posted

Wouldn't be a problem if you could sell 100% of pearl items on the marketplace with no weekly limit. However, this community finds that pay to win, but costumes like the shark one being CASH ONLY not.

So you can thank the community for making this game MORE pay to win with their silly outrages.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can do it without the shark costume. It's quest though, not guest.

Posted

Huh? I did all the diving quest without a costume.... Just use Seal elixir and 2x 15 sec underwater gem. Also heard rumors that movement speed affect swimming speed so get that +5 mv speed

Posted

As  you about to run out of breath,  swap channels and you will be in the same place with full breath.

I  never was one for work arounds,  exploits etc  but this quest line was the first time I felt my hand being forced to buy something.

So fack it.

So I am doing the new underwater quests and the first one i get to I use my pot to add to my underwater breathing time and I cannot get to the quest goal before my breath runs out. I go back to the mainland get 2 of the new 15 sec gems put them in some boots and go back out and continue the quest chain. I get to the explore the trench and even with 100 seconds of dive time I am unable to make it to the guest goal. Are we going to be required to buy a fish/shark to do the new quests. I bought this game under the impression that I would have access to ALL the content without having to buy access. Was I wrong is BDO going to release more content that you cannot do without cash shop purchases? FYI to anyone doing the quest you can cheat by logging out while diving to reset your breath.

read what I wrote.

Posted (edited)

I did all diving quests yesterday with no cash shop items. Used 2 diving gems on shoes and Party elixir of seal. Also used event item (you could use a potion of swiftness alternatively) for added speed and 3 pieces of Talis armor for +5 movement speed in total (movement speed increases swimming speed). Try to get a rough idea where your target is the first time you dive and then go ontop of it on the water surface and dive again as vertically as you can to minimize distance. If you are out of stamina change channels or chars(back and forth) or relog char to replenish it

EDIT: I probably had the effects of Balenos Meal too. I always forget that because I constantly eat Balenos or Serendia to raise my health stat. 

Edited by Graviera

Posted (edited)

OK... MY method:

1) Get movement to +5 (using speed crystals/ meals/.... the coffee or tea gives +3 movement for 30 mins.. so a +2 crystal and either coffee or tea with +3 gives you the +5

2) Use either of the Breath Extenders (Seal potion being most common)

3) At less than 50% breath, switch channels OR go to Character Selection Screen and then just relog in and breath back to 100% continue dive/search.. rinse and repeat as required (One part of Valencia Quest I 'held breath' for easy 4 mins)

And yes, I now have the Free +15 Shoe Crystal..... so Magoria will be a bit easier (maybe lol)

ADDENDUM: I read about the switching and also the speed to +5 from other posts either on this site or on others and used it and can verify that they do aid you.

Edited by Furlozza
addendum
1 person likes this

Posted

OK... MY method:

1) Get movement to +5 (using speed crystals/ meals/.... the coffee or tea gives +3 movement for 30 mins.. so a +2 crystal and either coffee or tea with +3 gives you the +5

2) Use either of the Breath Extenders (Seal potion being most common)

3) At less than 50% breath, switch channels OR go to Character Selection Screen and then just relog in and breath back to 100% continue dive/search.. rinse and repeat as required (One part of Valencia Quest I 'held breath' for easy 4 mins)

And yes, I now have the Free +15 Shoe Crystal..... so Magoria will be a bit easier (maybe lol)

Excellent trick, well done!

Posted

Edit: I had a 10 second pot 2 15 second gems  and I still could not get there in the 100 seconds of dive time do Is the non cash shop margin so narrow I would have to use the 15 second potion and the gems to just barely make it? I dove multiple time and timed myself  I took over 100 second and I was still not able to interact with the gust objective. Edit 2 Had +4 movement speed.

Edit 3:Is the margin for success so thin that without a fish/shark suit you HAVE to have +15 pot @ +15 gems and  +5 movement speed just to have a chance? I mean I was only missing 5 seconds of breath and 1 move speed from that.

There is also a +10 second breath food item, new with this expansion.    You can take 3 of the +10 second potions and combine them to get the +15 second if none are available.

Posted

Wouldn't be a problem if you could sell 100% of pearl items on the marketplace with no weekly limit. However, this community finds that pay to win, but costumes like the shark one being CASH ONLY not.

So you can thank the community for making this game MORE pay to win with their silly outrages.

You have a thread, go there. What you're asking for is complete and utter retardation, more mmos out there than I care to count that would easily cater to your needs and THEN some.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for speaking on behalf of the entire community with stats that came out of your back side.

I hear a Plunge headed your way.

Edited by Xpert
1 person likes this

Posted

Increase cost of fish costume by 500%. Problem solved.

Posted

Quit your whining, you voiced an idea and the community didn't like it. No need to splerg your tears over every thread.

Look for the air bubbles, you'll find that they are the circular whiteish blobs in the water. If you go for them it'll reset your timer.