• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Class fantasy of the ninja, Why do we have 6 swords?

Would you like to see all 6 swords used by the ninja?   38 votes

1. 1. Well, would you? :D

• Yes please
    • No thanks, please remove the extra swords and give us something else

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

Posted

if we're talking actual reason for our characters having six swords, it probably has to do with the referencing of Asura in some of our skills. Asura's being a demigod of Buddhism/Hinduism that typically have 4 to 6 arms, I would assume the six swords would be relating to that.

would be cool if we eventually got a skill that utilized all six swords with like four extra 'phantom' arms to represent an Asura.

asura.jpg

giphy.gif

9613864zoro2.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

hey buddy, look at the original poster of this thread, tell me who it is, then explain to me what you mean by "make your own thread" would you ? ;)

And, you'd be surprised about where eyes and ears are!

The only thing I'm surpirsed about is the fact, that despite being told twice already, your too dull to realise that if you want to make suggestion heard by anyone who would be concerned, you should make it on a suggestion forum with a proper topic name, instead of making it on one of the least popular forums sections (Ninja) in terms of Staff movement on top of that under random topic about bragining about something that will never change, as it alone is the concept of the class (Yes, 6 swords is the part of the class whether you like it or not and PA won't change it until they release something replacing all Awakenings for all classes)

But whatever, just make assumptions I'm trying to attack you, the same way as you assumed I have no clue how WoW works or in any of your other point's (that could be said in a single sentence, instead you've wrote an essay)  -I somehow managed to read the second post until the very end and god.. what a waste of time. Dreamkiller? Lfmao

So either keep derailing your own thread, that neither of the Staff members will most likely read (based on how many posts per hour there are, how many staff members there are, and how irrevelant the topic subject is for their work), or actualy make a proper suggestion in the right section. Considering how "your" suggestions from different titles were heard, I've expected you would know the basics.

P.S. Your example with Blizzard was terrible, as they are completely opposite being, as in being publisher and developer themselves so "forum rants" had a meaning, unlike what you did here.

Nontheless, any further reply from my side won't bring anything concstructive to this subject anymore, so I'm out. Keep suggesting stuff in random places if you please to do so (I advice Reddit, it's a good place /s)

Posted

The only thing I'm surpirsed about is the fact, that despite being told twice already, your too dull to realise that if you want to make suggestion heard by anyone who would be concerned, you should make it on a suggestion forum with a proper topic name, instead of making it on one of the least popular forums sections (Ninja) in terms of Staff movement on top of that under random topic about bragining about something that will never change, as it alone is the concept of the class (Yes, 6 swords is the part of the class whether you like it or not and PA won't change it until they release something replacing all Awakenings for all classes)

But whatever, just make assumptions I'm trying to attack you, the same way as you assumed I have no clue how WoW works or in any of your other point's (that could be said in a single sentence, instead you've wrote an essay)  -I somehow managed to read the second post until the very end and god.. what a waste of time. Dreamkiller? Lfmao

So either keep derailing your own thread, that neither of the Staff members will most likely read (based on how many posts per hour there are, how many staff members there are, and how irrevelant the topic subject is for their work), or actualy make a proper suggestion in the right section. Considering how "your" suggestions from different titles were heard, I've expected you would know the basics.

P.S. Your example with Blizzard was terrible, as they are completely opposite being, as in being publisher and developer themselves so "forum rants" had a meaning, unlike what you did here.

Nontheless, any further reply from my side won't bring anything concstructive to this subject anymore, so I'm out. Keep suggesting stuff in random places if you please to do so (I advice Reddit, it's a good place /s)

i knew your reply was going to be negative, you just like shitting on people don't you ? :D

Dude, i can brainstorm in my own thread, get the ----- out and learn some manners.

And yeah when I formalize my suggestions I'll make a bigger thread about them, cheers! :D

Posted

Dude, relaaaaxx. I don't think anyone (besides you, maybe) goes into these threads expecting anyone to making serious suggestions. it's all theorycraft. people do that in games. it would be nice if some of these things made it in but no one is expecting them to.

what's with the contradictory attitude to this thread? "None of this is gonna change anything in the game because it's all for fun but I'm gonna go and tell these guys three times over that they should stop talking about this stuff because it's pointless." People playing the forum game more serious than the actual game.

Posted

Btw ninja lore in game is that we were actually samurai or someshit then we swapped to the shortsword and went stealth tactics

Posted

The style is meant to be focused around draw techniques, aka iaido, with six different draw positions to emulate the six armed God Asura. The draw technique of a six armed God. How is that not the coolest shit you've ever heard?

even if only one move uses said draw position, it's still valuable.

if we're talking actual reason for our characters having six swords, it probably has to do with the referencing of Asura in some of our skills. Asura's being a demigod of Buddhism/Hinduism that typically have 4 to 6 arms, I would assume the six swords would be relating to that.

would be cool if we eventually got a skill that utilized all six swords with like four extra 'phantom' arms to represent an Asura.

asura.jpg

Man I've played ninja for so long but never made the connection to Asura with each of the six swords representing the multiple limbs he has. It's definitely a nice touch that is further appreciated for how long it took to notice. If they do add to ninja's toolkit down the road I would love to see some skills that visually incorporate the extra arms in an aura like Kliessan mentions.

Or at the least have a couple more skills the utilize the katanas that are on the Ninja's right side. It's a shame to have all these skills and a majority of them are utilized through the main left and the back 2 swords. If I am correct the only way to use that one katana on the right by itself is when you do the sideways slash to the left (not including SuraChaoSpree). 

Posted

Or at the least have a couple more skills the utilize the katanas that are on the Ninja's right side. It's a shame to have all these skills and a majority of them are utilized through the main left and the back 2 swords. If I am correct the only way to use that one katana on the right by itself is when you do the sideways slash to the left (not including SuraChaoSpree). 

nope. the upper right sword is used by both sura and the side slash. currently no skill uses the bottom right sword. :<

1 person likes this

Posted

nope. the upper right sword is used by both sura and the side slash. currently no skill uses the bottom right sword. :<

oh wow are you serious? my mistake. ok then add a skill for the lonely bottom right katana T.T

Posted

oh wow are you serious? my mistake. ok then add a skill for the lonely bottom right katana T.T

thats why I think we should only have 2 swords like lloyd from the tales series and the rest of the swords just be asura energy or something like zoro lol. I just like dual wielding lol

Posted

HOLY CRAP GUYS I'VE GOT IT! What if our Shift + E Buff let us use up to 3 moves SIMULTANEOUSLY as long as we use swords that aren't already in use. So like you could Vacuum and Seamless and ChaoSpree and they would make phantom arms grab the other katanas and do all the moves together. WOULD THAT NOT BE THE COOLEST GOD DAMN THING YOU EVER SAW!? xD Sorry had a flash of inspiration.

thats why I think we should only have 2 swords like lloyd from the tales series and the rest of the swords just be asura energy or something like zoro lol. I just like dual wielding lol

ranger and giant dual wield :o

2 people like this

Posted

HOLY CRAP GUYS I'VE GOT IT! What if our Shift + E Buff let us use up to 3 moves SIMULTANEOUSLY as long as we use swords that aren't already in use. So like you could Vacuum and Seamless and ChaoSpree and they would make phantom arms grab the other katanas and do all the moves together. WOULD THAT NOT BE THE COOLEST GOD DAMN THING YOU EVER SAW!? xD Sorry had a flash of inspiration.

Do not speak of the broken classes in this forum this is a holy balanced place >:c. And that sounds bad ass af. Would be nice if all our awakening skills were something new rather than paying skill points for a fking buff of skills we alrdy have concealment should be the same outside of awakening stance as in it same for block jump -__-

1 person likes this

Posted

It would look cool but my fingers hurts just from trying to imagine all those key strokes required to pull of such combos for X hours :(

200.gif#0

1 person likes this

Posted

It would look cool but my fingers hurts just from trying to imagine all those key strokes required to pull of such combos for X hours :(

This is why I play with a controller my friend ;D

also, you would pretty much just be able to use seamless and ChaoSpree during your other standard attacks. Nothing too special. It'd be cool tho

Posted

This is why I play with a controller my friend ;D

also, you would pretty much just be able to use seamless and ChaoSpree during your other standard attacks. Nothing too special. It'd be cool tho

We could also speculate some more and go slightly overtheboard in terms of "Ninja Theme" but it would be useful if you could pin someone down in place (root) with your other swords, i.e. by piercing their legs to the ground, while using Chao or Mach, or spectral Asura arms (completely not Ninja Theme rofl) would hold 1 target in place (semi grab)

As the animations and preparations for those spells are just ghey and not usefull in PeeVeePee at all as the person either will superarmor and casualy go away in middle of your attack or simply iframe out (stuns and other stuff ain't long enough to make decent damage with those spells).

In PvE it wouldn't make much difference, as usualy you are zerging a group of mobs so a 1-target-root wouldn't infulence PvE at all.

Posted (edited)

Btw ninja lore in game is that we were actually samurai or someshit then we swapped to the shortsword and went stealth tactics

oh, well, at least that is consistent, damn it, come on P.A, you have to go out of your way to learn that as a player!

I guess it is historically consistent too; Shinobi were a wing of the samurai, like the special ops department of the army.

But then, you could also turn warrior into a spec ops rogue at 56 and give them dual daggers, hahaha, i wonder how the warrior community would have reacted.

We could also speculate some more and go slightly overtheboard in terms of "Ninja Theme" but it would be useful if you could pin someone down in place (root) with your other swords, i.e. by piercing their legs to the ground, while using Chao or Mach, or spectral Asura arms (completely not Ninja Theme rofl) would hold 1 target in place (semi grab)

As the animations and preparations for those spells are just ghey and not usefull in PeeVeePee at all as the person either will superarmor and casualy go away in middle of your attack or simply iframe out (stuns and other stuff ain't long enough to make decent damage with those spells).

In PvE it wouldn't make much difference, as usualy you are zerging a group of mobs so a 1-target-root wouldn't infulence PvE at all.

That skill suggestion right there, if ever i heard of one, warrants using our 4 to 6 swords magically to hold the enemy in place.

It would be so cool if they raised the counterplay pvp potential, and in my opinion, drew out the fights more and made them more skill and less gear dependent.

It would be awesome if you could say: cast the root, then a long charge up, then your opponent gets out of the root by using a skill,
to avoid your charge up, only you faked/ tricked the charge up skill, canceled to cast something which combos with them getting out of the root.

In my opinion that kind of play and counterplay gives games long term pvp and creates mind games between players which keeps them on their toes, rather than just "oh it's a warrior, do this" static combo... granted, there is already a fair amount in bdo of this.

This is exactly why i suggested a rated arena mode added to the game, as this level of gameplay alone makes it worth pvping for.

Imo, I don't get why pvp in this game is a potion spam,
I much preffer using a potion once every minute, 2 minutes.

That's probably why they've made certain skills 1 shot or almost 1 shot, cause if not, the 1v1 drag on too much.

Edit: I get why It's a potion spam :( To get players to pay for weight limit increase, mwuahaha.
Something i added to my game change suggestions post: Respect players more, less cash grabbing.
You don't see tripple A games like guild wars 2, wow e.t.c pull this kind of cheap tactic, and they make more money.

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted

Yeah it'd be pretty nice to have a ninja village.  With the Margoria expansion I think its safe to assume that Musa's and Maehwa's come from there and if not oh well.  Wonder if ninja's came from the north too.

musa, maehwa, tamer come from Margoria, people in KR say that Ninja/kuno also come from Margoria. However the lore says eastern continent. 

@Sam Adam simply putting counter attack on some of our abilities would be cooler than giving us abilities that are designed to be used as counter attacks.

As for the "ninja" and asura/sura concept stuffs. Read the lore holy -----. 

There once was a poor boy who lived in the forest of a small fiefdom in a far eastern realm. A well-to-do girl occasionally came to the same forest for walks and against all odds this ragtag little boy and this silk-wearing girl soon became best friends. They eventually grew up and fell in love with one another, but this wealthy of a girl could never marry a boy of such poor stock. 

The girl was the eldest daughter of the house of Narusawa, the ruling family of the fiefdom. Her future groom, the son of another lord, had already been arranged and she was destined to take over as head of her house. The boy had no concern for any of this, however, and decided to leave the forest to learn the art of combat so he could protect the girl one day. Whether fate, so cruel in denying the two lovers, was moved by the boy's devotion was unclear. What is known is that on his journey the boy experienced a great stroke of luck in his encounter with a retired army general known as Sura, who was famous for sweeping through battlefields wielding six swords at once. 

The boy trained under his guidance for years, and eventually returned to the girl's side as a powerful warrior. Soon after the girl was appointed as the head of her house, a civil war broke out in the kingdom as several lords rose up to defy the oppressive and exploitative central government. In the midst of this turmoil, the boy did everything he could to protect the girl. The sight of this boy covered in the blood of his enemies as he merciless slashed away with his six swords caused opponents to cower, convinced that the legendary Sura had returned to the battlefield. Stability returned to the kingdom after much bloodshed, and soon an era of great peace reigned. Everyone appeared happy on the outside, but the trials were only beginning for the boy and girl. A fierce war eventually erupted between the former revolutionaries as each sought to establish themselves as the master of the realm. The Narusawa house and the girl, now a young woman, were being watched by these ambitious power seekers. The young woman yielded the honor of her house and gave up as much wealth as she could simply to survive, but the harsh reality of the times would not leave her be. Word on the street was that the she could soon be framed for treason. 

The boy, now a young man himself, felt the need to protect the young woman and the house of Narusawa from the new powers of the realm. However, there was not much a wandering swordsman and his gang of followers could do. He first needed to figure out how to make a living. The young man persuaded the young woman to change the family name of her house and they moved back to the forest where they spent their childhood together. The young man and his gang started a little business for collecting and selling important pieces of information. The young woman took charge of classifying and managing this information and eventually they were able to make a living. 

Of course, there was a period of trial and error; the espionage scene was different from the battlefield. The group eventually gave up the long swords that hindered their mobility for more agile short swords. They revised their martial arts style to make it suitable for infiltration and assassination operations. They hid their identities, patiently waited, and trained endlessly. They called themselves “Ninjas.” The family was on its way back to stability, but tragedy struck from the most unexpected source. One of their colleagues who just returned from a mission to the West seemed to have caught a cold, but that illness turned his eyes red and made him go berserk. He soon began attacking everyone around him. The madman was taken care of, but the disease was already spreading, poisoning the bodies and minds of the entire house. 

Even the young were infected by the disease. One day the young woman, who had been taking care of the infected day and night, began to show symptoms. The young man had no problem slaying the others once they became infected, but he could never do the same for the young woman. He searched the entire kingdom to find a doctor who could help, but the best anyone could do was put her into a coma using acupuncture so that she might one day be cured. It seemed the worst had passed for the time being, but the young man's trials were only beginning. 

The young man never lost hope, but he knew he needed to find the source of the terrible disease if they were to ever find a cure. He decided to head to the West, which he determined to be the source of the disease, intending to eventually return to his homeland to rebuild the crippled house. The young man visited the young woman on the day he would set forth. The maids taking care of her left the room so they could be alone for the first time since childhood. However, the young woman did not awaken. Before he left, the young man made a vow to the young woman: "On the day when Sura returns, the Narusawa flag shall fly again on the field of battle." 

source of lore? https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/280

Posted (edited)

@Mtl hey, you know what? No, you're wrong and you misread the exchange between myself and the other talking about ninja lore: That is the awakening text, which was released AFTER ninjas received their 6 swords, so the point still stands: NINJAS didn't really sign up to become SAMURAI.

Musa is already a samurai and was turned into a cleaving crescent blade class.

Also, the lore with the story about the man with 6 swords in no way explains why the ICON for asura/sura is the 6 armed god, nor the name.
So your reply is a bit wrong, the story doesn't really explain it but kudos for posting anyway, it just says "retired army general wielding 6 swords"
And gives sura as his surname... I'm sure there's other people who haven't read it though.

Edit: as for counter attack, i don't even know what that does, I've noticed it pop up on screen on ranger, care to explain ?

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted

@Mtl hey, you know what? No, you're wrong and you misread the exchange between myself and the other talking about ninja lore: That is the awakening text, which was released AFTER ninjas received their 6 swords, so the point still stands: NINJAS didn't really sign up to become SAMURAI.

Musa is already a samurai and was turned into a cleaving crescent blade class.

Also, the lore with the story about the man with 6 swords in no way explains why the ICON for asura/sura is the 6 armed god, nor the name.
So your reply is a bit wrong, the story doesn't really explain it but kudos for posting anyway, it just says "retired army general wielding 6 swords"
And gives sura as his surname... I'm sure there's other people who haven't read it though.

Edit: as for counter attack, i don't even know what that does, I've noticed it pop up on screen on ranger, care to explain ?

You do realize that all classes in the game are based off of the lore in the game and that awakening was BEFORE black spirit corrupted each and every one of the classes, erased their memory and attempted to control and use each class to start another war?... It's all lore found in the game, based about the game, and the concept... I swear everybody that complains about lack of lore has never -----ing looked for it or read any of the god damn quests in BDO.

Ninja, didn't sign up to be a Ninja, when he came to the west he preferred to use shortsword tactics as he is most famous for using 6 katanas like his teacher, Sura. Before ninja was even implemented in NA we already knew that Ninja's awakening weapon was 6 swords, the lore was already implemented in Korea before the launch of the Awakening Ninja in Korea, in NA/EU we do shit half ass. I mean take a look at our website, in Korea you have way better website, even a supported skill calculator system with links to skill builds ft. skill addon images and everything that is updated after every single patch, as well as fancy little images and shit explaining all new events with cute lil emoji black spirits, etc. Blame Kakao/Daum for our shit website, Pearl abyss got it right imo. But thats a subject for another day I guess. 

In the religion of Shinto to ascend as a "Kami" or God/Deity type figure you have to die and be reincarnated. Sura, the name of the general was viewed as a God/Deity after the Ninja we know today was seen as the legendary Sura during a War when he fought to protect his household. Keep in mind that the Ninja trained under Sura's guidance when he was very young, most likely around 10, and is now in his mid 20's. As for Sura he was an old general, and there was the plague that affected their lands which Sura, if he hadn't past by that time would have likely passed during that plague. So perhaps there is some symbolism of a God/Deity with that many arms used as an icon, and the legend of the general named Sura. Sura also means quite a few things in Japanese, quickly being one of those, and ChaoSpree is a quick continuation of attacks. And because of all this I personally believe the lore, abilities, etc explains it quite well. I mean sure, Sura and Asura are things in other religions, but its a game developer, they get to pick and choose what the ----- they wanna do with their game, theres plenty of self contradicting statements by multiple classes. Example: Ranger, even though her lore and abilities hint towards tree's and spirits doing some of the attacks as well as being empowered into her weapon, it's just -----ing shitty "wind" animations being spammed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

Counter attack is a damage multiplier, which is why Violation (sorc's spinny spin move) has the potential to one shot people. Typically its somebody who's dumb enough to attack while a sorc spins cause if they get the counter attack off it can then scale with back attack and crit. Or just melt a forward guard like butter. Most classes have counter attack on random shit abilities though. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You do realize that all classes in the game are based off of the lore in the game and that awakening was BEFORE black spirit corrupted each and every one of the classes, erased their memory and attempted to control and use each class to start another war?... It's all lore found in the game, based about the game, and the concept... I swear everybody that complains about lack of lore has never -----ing looked for it or read any of the god damn quests in BDO.

Ninja, didn't sign up to be a Ninja, when he came to the west he preferred to use shortsword tactics as he is most famous for using 6 katanas like his teacher, Sura. Before ninja was even implemented in NA we already knew that Ninja's awakening weapon was 6 swords, the lore was already implemented in Korea before the launch of the Awakening Ninja in Korea, in NA/EU we do shit half ass. I mean take a look at our website, in Korea you have way better website, even a supported skill calculator system with links to skill builds ft. skill addon images and everything that is updated after every single patch, as well as fancy little images and shit explaining all new events with cute lil emoji black spirits, etc. Blame Kakao/Daum for our shit website, Pearl abyss got it right imo. But thats a subject for another day I guess. 

In the religion of Shinto to ascend as a "Kami" or God/Deity type figure you have to die and be reincarnated. Sura, the name of the general was viewed as a God/Deity after the Ninja we know today was seen as the legendary Sura during a War when he fought to protect his household. Keep in mind that the Ninja trained under Sura's guidance when he was very young, most likely around 10, and is now in his mid 20's. As for Sura he was an old general, and there was the plague that affected their lands which Sura, if he hadn't past by that time would have likely passed during that plague. So perhaps there is some symbolism of a God/Deity with that many arms used as an icon, and the legend of the general named Sura. Sura also means quite a few things in Japanese, quickly being one of those, and ChaoSpree is a quick continuation of attacks. And because of all this I personally believe the lore, abilities, etc explains it quite well. I mean sure, Sura and Asura are things in other religions, but its a game developer, they get to pick and choose what the ----- they wanna do with their game, theres plenty of self contradicting statements by multiple classes. Example: Ranger, even though her lore and abilities hint towards tree's and spirits doing some of the attacks as well as being empowered into her weapon, it's just -----ing shitty "wind" animations being spammed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

Counter attack is a damage multiplier, which is why Violation (sorc's spinny spin move) has the potential to one shot people. Typically its somebody who's dumb enough to attack while a sorc spins cause if they get the counter attack off it can then scale with back attack and crit. Or just melt a forward guard like butter. Most classes have counter attack on random shit abilities though. 

Thanks for the reply, didn't know that about counter attack, or kami.

Vaguely familiar with shinto, although i thought they kept all notions of gods out of it, interesting.

On page 1 of this thread i had an exchange with "kliessen" in which i went into detail about Sura being an indian mythological categorization of a type of divine being, Sura and asura are like western "Angels and Devils", he suggested that it came into the far east through buddhism, as that is originally indian too. Here's the link to wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura

That is why i was a bit frustrated about the ability icon being the 6 armed god,
people who know about sura/ asura, and how common it is for deity figures in india to be displayed with multiple arms,
also know their name, and it is not random or interchangeable; they are opponents to one another.

It just feels a little sloppy to me. But hey, it's a game, i agree, and they have creative freedom.
Didn't know Sura (spelled exactly that way?) means quick in japanese, that's nice too.

Last thing: I personally did not sign up, when i started playing ninja, to use 6 swords, I thought it was going to be a character like "rogue" in most other games:
Fast, agile, crowd control focussed, more skill and agility based than other classes, evasive.

I do like what they've done and i preffer it over just another cloned class, just... you know, ninja could be in a better state,
and don't tell me (unless you actually knew korean patch notes) that when you created ninja, you thought "yeah some day i'll use 6 swords)

Edit: discovered a forum bug, every time i post it posts an undeletable screenshot i uploaded in another thread, hurray :(

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted (edited)

When I first started this game the website didn't even have Tamer's listed as a class that existed in the game. Originally I was going to be a berserker cause I thought the awakening was cool. They had no pre awakened trailers, it was same trailer in korea which included awakenings. I logged into the game and I thought a pet class was more interesting and I also like wolfs. Did some research on youtube and found out that the tamer used a bo staff in kr too, i wasn't really interested in that aspect of it though, but tamer became my first character regardless. I also didn't think i'd still be playing BDO almost a year later. lol

But, yes, when Ninja came to NA korea had awakening and I didn't start playing Ninja until 4 days before we got their awakening. I have a tamer lv 60 and a ninja lv 60. I am more interested in awakening than pre awakened for the ninja, aesthetic wise.  

Edited by Mtl

Posted (edited)

When I first started this game the website didn't even have Tamer's listed as a class that existed in the game. Originally I was going to be a berserker cause I thought the awakening was cool. They had no pre awakened trailers, it was same trailer in korea which included awakenings. I logged into the game and I thought a pet class was more interesting and I also like wolfs. Did some research on youtube and found out that the tamer used a bo staff in kr too, i wasn't really interested in that aspect of it though, but tamer became my first character regardless. I also didn't think i'd still be playing BDO almost a year later. lol

But, yes, when Ninja came to NA korea had awakening and I didn't start playing Ninja until 4 days before we got their awakening. I have a tamer lv 60 and a ninja lv 60. I am more interested in awakening than pre awakened for the ninja, aesthetic wise.  

I do agree that the NA/ Eu website could use some work and additional features,
on top of what you listed, the korean version actually has guild and player rankings and other featureson their website

http://black.game.daum.net/black/index.daum you can read it with google translate addon for your browser or chrome...
...or not, if you tend to get jealous xD

They have a world map feature which shows which guilds are controlling which nodes, on their website!
And a friend/ family finder, where you type in the name of the player's family or his character and can find him or her,
as well as an interactive game/ web guild page: http://black.game.daum.net/black/guide/world/v2/map.daum Very impressive,
I wish they would port that stuff onto our web page, we even have web developers here asking for "api hooks" for characters...

Congrats on achieving level 60 by the way, how did you find going from 57 to 60 on your ninja? Any tips? I'm taking it slow and life skilling for profit, afk, to get full tri gear, sitting on 100 mil silver, with 200 mil resources, maybe just duo, i dunno.

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted

how did you find going from 57 to 60 on your ninja? Any tips? I'm taking it slow and life skilling for profit, afk,
to get full tri gear, sitting on 100 mil silver, with 200 mil resources, maybe just duo, i dunno.

i did 0-57 with pre awakened. used a green awakening weapon from 57-59, at 59 bought a blue at pri upgraded to tri and ulted it, got a dandelion off of nightvendor like a week later. grinded pirates from 57-60 mostly solo grinding. at lv 59 with around 200 AP I was making 2.2k-2.4k bandanas/hr which goes with most of the other classes at that level grinding in the locations that I grinded.

outside of PVEing on ninja I did lifeskills on tamer. about 20 days of gameplay on ninja to hit 60 from lv 0 only using exp weekends, but I had the perk of most of my gear carrying over so the money i did get from leveling up went towards awakening weapon/offhand. 

now i just PVP/life skill with some grinding here and there

Posted

i did 0-57 with pre awakened. used a green awakening weapon from 57-59, at 59 bought a blue at pri upgraded to tri and ulted it, got a dandelion off of nightvendor like a week later. grinded pirates from 57-60 mostly solo grinding. at lv 59 with around 200 AP I was making 2.2k-2.4k bandanas/hr which goes with most of the other classes at that level grinding in the locations that I grinded.

outside of PVEing on ninja I did lifeskills on tamer. about 20 days of gameplay on ninja to hit 60 from lv 0 only using exp weekends, but I had the perk of most of my gear carrying over so the money i did get from leveling up went towards awakening weapon/offhand. 

now i just PVP/life skill with some grinding here and there

That's cool, thanks for the info, it seems pirates is still the place to be now... how long have you been 60?

And... how would you feel if you could earn xp from pvp? And there was more (and more balanced/ gear equalized) instanced pvp/ world pvp?

Would you then choose to level only from pvping?

Also, I just made another thread about ninja skills:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/129657-ninja-new-skill-replacement-suggestions/

Would appreciate if you and other people posted in it.

Posted

I think it's odd that the developers are mixing beliefs from our world with the fantasy world of bdo.

Aside from that, I like having six swords, as long as we are using them all. Even though it looks burdensome, I think it's better than a giant unwieldy greatsword.

technically we use 7

Posted (edited)

technically we use 7

bahaha.

are you sure? Perhaps on switching to our original form, our 6 blades become one, and during awakening form, our 1 blade becomes 6 ? ;)

It would explain why depending on which stance/ form you are in, the other blade\s is\ are completely invisible!

Edited by Sam Adam