• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question about fishing

12 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was told that I should fish overnight when I sleep, since I don't ever turn off my PC.

But I have few questions about it.

What happens to fishing rods when durability wears out? Right now I'm using some basic with only 30/30, and from what I see, that will be 0/30 in like 3 hours. If I have more fishing rods, will game auto use new one and continue fishing while I sleep? 

I'm just trying to figure out some way to fish all the time, without me having to change fishing rod every few hours. Is that even possible?

I saw that I can buy better rods on market, but those require "Fishing level skills", and I have no idea how to increase/get that so I can use rod with 100 durability. Then again, if rod breaks after those 100 tries, it's not worth spending so much money on it. Or can those rods be repaired?

Any informations are welcome :) 

Posted (edited)

enchant balenos fishing rod to +10 then brand it. you can afk fishing for days.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

rods like Calpheon rod can be repaired. costsd about 300k but thats like 1 night of afk fishing or less and you can repair it for like 5-10k at the blacksmith.

so if your rod is 30/30 each cast takes 3 minutes to catch a fish for 1 durability point. so 30 /30 rod is about 90 minutes of afk fishing.

no it does not equip the next rod but what i would do is invest all but 10 energy into nodes and then at least when your not fishing youre still standing afk replenishing your energy.

The more you catch fish and items, the more you level your fishing skill, thus allowing you to equip better fishing outfits and rods and a float down the line.

Thats the simple version because then you can sell your fish to different connected nodes for higher profit and/or imperial fishers etc.

Posted

enchant balenos fishing rod to +10 then brand it. you can afk fishing for days.

How exactly do I "brand" it? I understand the part where I make it to +10 with those black stones (weapon). But not sure what you mean by branding it.

rods like Calpheon rod can be repaired. costsd about 300k but thats like 1 night of afk fishing or less and you can repair it for like 5-10k at the blacksmith.

so if your rod is 30/30 each cast takes 3 minutes to catch a fish for 1 durability point. so 30 /30 rod is about 90 minutes of afk fishing.

no it does not equip the next rod but what i would do is invest all but 10 energy into nodes and then at least when your not fishing youre still standing afk replenishing your energy.

The more you catch fish and items, the more you level your fishing skill, thus allowing you to equip better fishing outfits and rods and a float down the line.

Thats the simple version because then you can sell your fish to different connected nodes for higher profit and/or imperial fishers etc.

Thanks for all infos :) 

For now I will stick to simple fishing over night, and will later figure out what imperial fishing is and how it works.

But for now I just leave my character to fish and sell fishes at Marketplace right?

Posted

How exactly do I "brand" it? I understand the part where I make it to +10 with those black stones (weapon). But not sure what you mean by branding it.

Thanks for all infos :) 

For now I will stick to simple fishing over night, and will later figure out what imperial fishing is and how it works.

But for now I just leave my character to fish and sell fishes at Marketplace right?

it's a cash shop item, or you can pray to RNGesus and get one from the board game like everybody else.

Posted (edited)

There are a few factors in afk fishing.  First is your fishing rod.  Will it last for 8-10 hours of fishing? Second is your inventory space.  Do you have enough space for x amount of time afk fishing? Third, is your goal.  Are you trying to get more relic shards or are you going for more silver through imperial trading the fishes?

@Simon771 You can definitely fish without having to replace your fishing rod for hours.  I have a branded +8 Balenos Fishing Rod and I could leave my character fishing for 8-10 hours and it will still have a few durability left.  I also have enough inventory space for 8-10 hours of fishing, surprisingly.

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

I prefer using a Balenos Fishing rod that is enchanted, for my afk fishing. It decreases the auto fishing time, and as you enchant it, not only do you get a better percentage on Auto Fishing decrease, you also get more durability on the rod itself. Since you can repair it just like a weapon or armor, the initial investment, while steep, is worth the cost. 

Also, as you fish, you will gain a small percentage of fishing EXP, which will level the skill. You can see your progression and current skill level on the Character Sheet (Default P) Also, you should look into fishing hot spots that give blue and gold fish (the most popular being by velia) These give large quantities of blue and gold fish, which will improve your cash flow from fishing. If you are working to enchant items like a Liverto, you can also make use of the Ancient Relic Shards you can get from fishing, or sell them on the marketplace for silver. 

Posted

There are a few factors in afk fishing.  First is your fishing rod.  Will it last for 8-10 hours of fishing? Second is your inventory space.  Do you have enough space for x amount of time afk fishing? Third, is your goal.  Are you trying to get more relic shards or are you going for more silver through imperial trading the fishes?

@Simon771 You can definitely fish without having to replace your fishing rod for hours.  I have a branded +8 Balenos Fishing Rod and I could leave my character fishing for 8-10 hours and it will still have a few durability left.  I also have enough inventory space for 8-10 hours of fishing, surprisingly.

I prefer using a Balenos Fishing rod that is enchanted, for my afk fishing. It decreases the auto fishing time, and as you enchant it, not only do you get a better percentage on Auto Fishing decrease, you also get more durability on the rod itself. Since you can repair it just like a weapon or armor, the initial investment, while steep, is worth the cost. 

Also, as you fish, you will gain a small percentage of fishing EXP, which will level the skill. You can see your progression and current skill level on the Character Sheet (Default P) Also, you should look into fishing hot spots that give blue and gold fish (the most popular being by velia) These give large quantities of blue and gold fish, which will improve your cash flow from fishing. If you are working to enchant items like a Liverto, you can also make use of the Ancient Relic Shards you can get from fishing, or sell them on the marketplace for silver. 

Well I bought that fishing rod, but while I tried to enchate it, I failed so now it's 45/45/55

Secound stone succeed, but it's still 45/45. Do I have to buy another rod like that for 800k silver if I want to repair this one?

Posted (edited)

Well I bought that fishing rod, but while I tried to enchate it, I failed so now it's 45/45/55

Secound stone succeed, but it's still 45/45. Do I have to buy another rod like that for 800k silver if I want to repair this one?

Yeah pretty much. I bought a +5 Balenos and enchanted it to 7, then forced it to 10. Cost about 50M in blackstones and rods to repair for the last 3 enchants but it was worth it to me. Before you invest that much you should make sure you actually want it though. The rods have atrocious MP prices. A +10 Balenos is like 30M right now, so selling is not an option unless you're willing to take a big loss.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

Yeah pretty much. I bought a +5 Balenos and enchanted it to 7, then forced it to 10. Cost about 50M in blackstones and rods to repair for the last 3 enchants but it was worth it to me. Before you invest that much you should make sure you actually want it though. The rods have atrocious MP prices. A +10 Balenos is like 30M right now, so selling is not an option unless you're willing to take a big loss.

I left it over night with the most basic rod with 30 durability and got 2 items that I sold on market for 700k silver. So I will invest in this rod once and after week or two fishing, it will pay off I guess. But first I will use this rod with 55 durability only, and buy myself +15 armor first. Then invest in rod and hope it pays of soon.

Posted

I left it over night with the most basic rod with 30 durability and got 2 items that I sold on market for 700k silver. So I will invest in this rod once and after week or two fishing, it will pay off I guess. But first I will use this rod with 55 durability only, and buy myself +15 armor first. Then invest in rod and hope it pays of soon.

In that case you definitely shouldn't invest too much into the rod. It's more of a luxury thing later on. On a budget i'd suggest going to +7 because the difference is not that huge with +10. Still might want to force the enchants though.

Posted

In that case you definitely shouldn't invest too much into the rod. It's more of a luxury thing later on. On a budget i'd suggest going to +7 because the difference is not that huge with +10. Still might want to force the enchants though.

I made it to +5 for now, but still need to buy 2x same rods to repair it to maximum.

It will have 75 durability then so it's a good start for now. Hoperfully afk fishing like 16 hours per day will bring me some more profit.

Also have 14 active workers on nodes around Calpehon to bring me some more silver.

So with all those afk incomes I think I should be able to get some extra money for my gear. And when I will want to make my rod to +7 or something like that, I will just go back to catfish spot because I got like 20 black stones there in 1 hour. And instead of selling them for 170k +30%, I will rather use them on that rod. Armor stones will go on market and prove money for more of those rods just to repair my main one.

I think that should do it for now :) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0