• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert Academy Life Skiller Money Guide Series

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys during the Race to a Billion I was asked by a lot of viewers who were new to the game how to reach this point in the game. @Derol @Vultr @RK Knight

So I took the time out to do a New Series that NEW and OLD players can learn a thing or 2 from. the most iportant things in the academy is learning the economics of BDO so ifyou're going to skip anything please don;t skip the Economics part 

tje first few episodes will be long but I give a time table  at the start so depending on your progress you can skip if you want but i do suggest watching as much as you canif you don't then don't bother asking m where or how I got all those resources -_-

Edited by Mikers
5 people like this

Posted

Quick question, you say when your workers harvest maple nodes they get maple and sap, however mine haven't got any sap? is this because of which worker is on that node?

Posted

no not all maple nodes give sap sorry I forgot to add that. only the one Castle Ruins give Sap. the other maple nodes give Monk's branch

Posted

no not all maple nodes give sap sorry I forgot to add that. only the one Castle Ruins give Sap. the other maple nodes give Monk's branch

The Maple node at Mediah Northern Highlands also gives Maple Sap.

Posted (edited)

next episode is up :D  about economics  hopefully  enough people watch this instead of ruining their own progress by just copying me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bGYmgbWJ0 

Edited by Mikers
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Introduction to alchemy from the perspective of making money. thomas soren's channel a good general guide to alchemy if that what you guys need I suggest looking him up he has some new player friendly videos :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeGtjsPyAvk

Edited by Mikers

Posted

I found the 1st academy video to be useful. Now I've made and added imperial cooking to my to-do list. 

The only feedback I have is instead of starting with Large Fences, people should start with the Small Fence to save CP.

Posted

Quick question, you say when your workers harvest maple nodes they get maple and sap, however mine haven't got any sap? is this because of which worker is on that node?

You should use this map: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/

Tells exactly wich node gives what and what extra items you can receive.

The only feedback I have is instead of starting with Large Fences, people should start with the Small Fence to save CP.

Why exactly?
I got large fences so im interested if i can get some extra CP back. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

You should use this map: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/

Tells exactly wich node gives what and what extra items you can receive.

Why exactly?
I got large fences so im interested if i can get some extra CP back. :P

3cp= 4 slots (Small fence)

10cp= 10 slots (Large fence)

Math Example: 20 slots

(Small fence) 3cp * 5= 15cp

(Large fence) 10cp *2= 20cp

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't access youtube right now so I can't check if you have one solely devoted to money making by cooking. If not, could you do that? I wan't to make a lot of silver with cooking, cuz its fun, but right now, it seems rather inefficient compared to just grinding...

Posted

3cp= 4 slots (Small fence)

10cp= 10 slots (Large fence)

Math Example: 20 slots

(Small fence) 3cp * 5= 15cp

(Large fence) 10cp *2= 20cp

Why did i never thought of that. xD
Welcome back 5 extra CP. :P

Posted (edited)

Tips for anyone making guide videos

When the video starts, in the first minute of the video, you should let us know:

- How will you get money / reach your goal

- How much time / money / CP do we need to invest, minimum level required, etc

- How much money do you make  per hour / day / week / 1000 items sold / whatever

For example, i really don't wanna watch a 50 min video about farming gold, just to find out around minute 35 that the presenter gets like 4 mil / gold per hour. You if want to engage the users into watching videos, the first thing you should do is stating all of the above. One phrase for each bullet point would be enough.

Edited by ayrton2388

Posted (edited)

i mention the beginning of the series is fundementals and that is you want do , " A to get B kind of video" you will get that later on. the first few videos is going to be for setting things up like forming a skeleton before the organs and bosy is constructed 

and Yes I will do a cooking video and then I will give pople blanket ways to make money after I feel a solid foundation is made thats why i took the time to explain the economic part and made a video dedicated to the video. also time frames depends on time dedicated to the game so i can give broad time frames but not specific because people play different amounts  

If you want sell this to make x an hour without explanation of markets in case of crashes/changes there are many videos that provide that but I want help people understand the fundementals so they can change so their success is almost garunteed no matter what market changes that happens

also it will be irresponsible to give blanket ways and figures that will be likelyy to change with the markets only time i can give you info like that is when I'm talking about grinding/imperial trade

I'll have to change my documents for making money with alchemy thanks to this horrible update for alchemist

Tips for anyone making guide videos

When the video starts, in the first minute of the video, you should let us know:

- How will you get money / reach your goal

- How much time / money / CP do we need to invest, minimum level required, etc

- How much money do you make  per hour / day / week / 1000 items sold / whatever

For example, i really don't wanna watch a 50 min video about farming gold, just to find out around minute 35 that the presenter gets like 4 mil / gold per hour. You if want to engage the users into watching videos, the first thing you should do is stating all of the above. One phrase for each bullet point would be enough.

watch blade boques if thats what your looking for.

I'm talking about creating an endless crafting cycle build that nets 1-2bil per month I understand it can be drawn out since my system isn't 1 2 3 set up but Trade Crates are easier to do and better in some ways depending on playstyle. once i set the found dation down for new players can understand how the system started I will make money making videos for 50+ avenues in a similar format but the way i reach these conclusions are more valuable than the actuall conclusions this is how we prevent copycats from mindlessly oversaturating markets

Edited by Mikers
1 person likes this

Posted

I farm pirates for 3 weeks, make 1~Billion from drops. My secrets have been revealed.

Posted

I farm pirates for 3 weeks, make 1~Billion from drops. My secrets have been revealed.

Good job now you can take that shower you ve been putting off those 3 weeks so that people cant smell you before they actually see you....

1 person likes this

Posted

Good job now you can take that shower you ve been putting off those 3 weeks so that people cant smell you before they actually see you....

Okay, we can use your insect logic and be completely unable to take a shower for the duration of the 3 weeks, or we can use our superior human reasoning and closer examine and plan out our grinding sessions and make an attempt to leave enough time for a shower. 

We will use basic arithmetic, a feat an average 8 year old is capable off.

Farming 8 hours solo , nets you 80m per day(10mill  per hour).  Let's say I farm 4 days a week for 8 hours(4X80M). Thats 320mill a week, times 3 weeks thats 960mill.

One could even do something crazy like, farm 4 days for 4 hours on weekdays(16 hours). And farm for 8 hours on weekends. 

A week has 7X24=169 Hours, our total investment is 32.  168-32=136 hours left for shower.(while making a ~1billion silver in 3 weeks in BDO grinding pirates)

Posted

Okay, we can use your insect logic and be completely unable to take a shower for the duration of the 3 weeks, or we can use our superior human reasoning and closer examine and plan out our grinding sessions and make an attempt to leave enough time for a shower. 

Farming 8 hours solo , nets you 80m per day(10mill  per hour).  Let's say I farm 4 days a week for 8 hours(4X80M). Thats 320mill a week, times 3 weeks thats 960mill.

One could even do something crazy like, farm 4 days for 4 hours on weekdays(16 hours). And farm for 8 hours on weekends. 

A week has 7X24=169 Hours, our total investment is 32.  168-32=136 hours left for shower.(while making a ~1billion silver in 3 weeks in BDO grinding pirates)

Sorry to burst your bubble but anyone with superior human reasoning doesnt spend 8 hours a day hitting the same pixels with 0 AI till his eyes bleed....just saying

Posted (edited)

Sorry to burst your bubble but anyone with superior human reasoning doesnt spend 8 hours a day hitting the same pixels with 0 AI till his eyes bleed....just saying

I can assure you that while on my quest for power and glory, I am in good company. I am accompanied by Epictetus,Seneca ,Montaigne, Hume,Kant,Aristotle,Plato,Godel,Schrodinger,Nietzsche,Leibniz, Schopenhauer,Sartre,Heidegger .......... and many other great  thinkers.

A master of superior human reasoning, while at his/her throne is not limited to one task. If I were to be so bold as to say, that a master of superior human reasoning could discover the secrets of the universe with out ever having the need to leave his/her throne.

Although, this or any matter, has absolutely nothing to do with, by which company one is surrounded with, if any at all. Anyone with superior human intelligence chooses to do what makes them happy. On the other hand, a slave or a member of the herd, the lowliest of men, can only find comfort by following the herd, and following the rules of the herd, always looking for approval from others, and fearing to be an individual and follow a path that he chooses himself, but instead blindly follows a path that was chosen for him. Due to the fact that such a man is weak, and fearful, and unhappy,  he is also filled with resentment for anyone who dares to venture outside the herd, he despises those that have which he does not possess, freedom to do what one wishes... So the weak inferior slave human , upon seeing experiencing the presence of the higher human can only do one thing, is to lash out at him with envy, and resentment. 

I could go on and on, but I will just finish off with this quote.

"For anyone who has lived in such a way, that his conscience cannot reproach him for ever having failed to do anything that he judged to be best, derives a satisfaction with such power to make him happy, that the most vigorous assaults of the passions never have enough power to disturb the tranquility of his soul."

-Descartes 

.audi_1.thumb.png.0b7d998f5745b91398e3689audi_3.thumb.png.434f122936a3994bc0a3c66

audi_2.thumb.png.00b831a9fb2d623cb16b939

Edited by Priscilla

Posted

I'm currently grind pirates because I want to reach 61 on my ninja to cover pvp besides the bug last week with my boat randomly sinking the time vs money was pretty good :) 

Posted

I liked your posts, i just have to be the clown that points out in your post about using basic arithmetic you said 7x24=169.

Keep up that grind! :D

Posted (edited)

hey guys update first work shop guide video will cover all workshops and when you reach 250+ con holding down multiple workshops would be doable 

1st one I'm covering is Cannon ball Workshop I had to divide the game into 2 parts had a busy week

Edited by Mikers

Posted

Next Workshop Covered in the Academy is Costumes. BUT the costume market is very fragile so slowoly leak your costumes into the market place to avoid massive undercut!!

Posted

Sorry Been busy but fishing portion of the academy is up! how is everyone doing on their contribution grind be sure to let me know :D