• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse breeding experts, plz halp

25 posts in this topic

Posted

So I sniped a T7 Purebred White Lv30 (Male) and thought I'd look into breeding it for a potential T8 Purebred. The breeding calculator seems off and outdated, not sure, so I thought I'd ask the experts here a few question: 

I assume breeding it with another T7 has the chance of a T8 offspring, right? Or do I have to breed it with a T8. The calculator only shows T6 and T7 as possibilities when breeding two T7s but it makes no sense.

Also if I want a purebred white, does the other horse have to be purebred too or is there a chance of getting a purebred even if not, since mine already is?

If I choose the breeding market, do both people get a foal or is it just the one applying or the one registering their respective horse?

Thanks a lot, also any other tips would be appreciated as well since I'm a complete pleb when it comes to this topic :) 

Posted

I'm not sure which calculator you're using, but this one seems to be the most up to date:

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

From what I've read, both horses do not need to be purebred but there ARE colour values that need to be taken into account.  If the colour theory is still accurate - and tbh I'm not sure, I haven't checked the horse thread in awhile - a purebred white T7 has a colour value of 0/0/7 for red/black/white.  If you want to try for a purebred T8, the other horse you use needs to have at least 1 in white so the totals add up to x/x/8, i.e. the total for the purebred value you want needs to add to at least the Tier, so a Tier 8 white would need both parents white values to add to at least 8.  This does not guarantee that you will get a T8 white or even a T8 at at all but it adds the T8 pure white as a possibility.

If you choose the breeding market, only the person with the female horse will get the foal.  The person with the male horse will get the breeding fee.  I'm not sure if taxes apply to this as I have not put a male horse up for breeding myself.

If any of this is inaccurate, I hope someone corrects me.

Posted

You sure it still has breedings left? Inb4 shattered dreams because breeding is so easy lul

Posted

You sure it still has breedings left? Inb4 shattered dreams because breeding is so easy lul

Well ... there's that too.  It does need to have breedings left or at least be able to have them reset.

Posted

What @Elessara said is correct. Use somethinglovely calculator, its actual. To try for T8 white purebreed you need a mare with at least 1 point in white color. Use this to find one: 

http://m.imgur.com/a/DaeiQ

The mare should be T6 lvl 30 in case none of the horses has a death or more. If they had one or more, use a T7 mare instead of T6.

At least: the chance of getting a T8 is extreme small, like getting something to PEN. Purebreeds are much harder to get. I wish you luck!

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure which calculator you're using, but this one seems to be the most up to date:

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

From what I've read, both horses do not need to be purebred but there ARE colour values that need to be taken into account.  If the colour theory is still accurate - and tbh I'm not sure, I haven't checked the horse thread in awhile - a purebred white T7 has a colour value of 0/0/7 for red/black/white.  If you want to try for a purebred T8, the other horse you use needs to have at least 1 in white so the totals add up to x/x/8, i.e. the total for the purebred value you want needs to add to at least the Tier, so a Tier 8 white would need both parents white values to add to at least 8.  This does not guarantee that you will get a T8 white or even a T8 at at all but it adds the T8 pure white as a possibility.

If you choose the breeding market, only the person with the female horse will get the foal.  The person with the male horse will get the breeding fee.  I'm not sure if taxes apply to this as I have not put a male horse up for breeding myself.

If any of this is inaccurate, I hope someone corrects me.

So since I have a male my best option would be to just buy a female myself instead of breeding "publicly" and breed privately (this sounds so wrong).

Edit: Okay I tried it, yeah seems like you're right about having the number on White color adding up to 8 for a chance of the foal being a t8 white. Chance of getting t8 with two t7s seems to be about 28% though which is better than I expected.

Yes, well, it has 0 but I'm able to reset it once, so there's that. I know it's time to swipe.

Edited by x.otic

Posted

What @Elessara said is correct. Use somethinglovely calculator, its actual. To try for T8 white purebreed you need a mare with at least 1 point in white color. Use this to find one: 

http://m.imgur.com/a/DaeiQ

The mare should be T6 lvl 30 in case none of the horses has a death or more. If they had one or more, use a T7 mare instead of T6.

At least: the chance of getting a T8 is extreme small, like getting something to PEN. Purebreeds are much harder to get. I wish you luck!

Have u ever gotten an item to Pen? T8 and a pen is in no way the same lol

Posted

Male breeding resets are cheaper than female ones so you have that at least - if you can find a female with breeds left.  Also, male horses have 2 breeds whilst female horses have 1, so when you reset you'll get 2 breeds on your male.

Posted

Have u ever gotten an item to Pen? T8 and a pen is in no way the same lol

Have you ever got a T8E by yourself?

1 person likes this

Posted

Male breeding resets are cheaper than female ones so you have that at least - if you can find a female with breeds left.  Also, male horses have 2 breeds whilst female horses have 1, so when you reset you'll get 2 breeds on your male.

Honestly, this is absolute sexual harassment, why can't males get custody rights for their offspring, I gotta pay resets just so she can keep the kids. I'll go drown my head in a bottle of whiskey and contemplate suicide.

Posted

If you breed two t7 lvl 30s I can just about guarantee you're going to get t6 female. I spent months combing over somethinglovely and trying everything. Was frustrated and impatient one day and went ahead with a lvl 30 male and 26 female (t7s) and lo and behold I got a t8 male. Since then, even with his breeds, not another one. I have consistently gotten t6 fems every time with the two lvl 30s. However, 3 out of 4 times I'll get t7s if I breed either a lvl 30 t7 and t6 or two t7s that aren't lvl 30. Ultimately it comes down to rng. Others experience may vary, but I've been doing it awhile now and this has been my experience. Good luck. 

Posted

If you plan on buying a T7 female (or if you are lucky enough to find a T8 female) and you plan on resetting the breeding. Make SURE it CAN be reset. A lot of the horses on the market have already been reset once. The breeding attempts can only be reset one time. When you look on the market next to breedable you'll see the number left. If it says 0 (Able to reset) You're ok. You can reset that horse. if it says 0 (Unable to Reset) then it cannot be reset or bred ever again.

Posted

If you plan on buying a T7 female (or if you are lucky enough to find a T8 female) and you plan on resetting the breeding. Make SURE it CAN be reset. A lot of the horses on the market have already been reset once. The breeding attempts can only be reset one time. When you look on the market next to breedable you'll see the number left. If it says 0 (Able to reset) You're ok. You can reset that horse. if it says 0 (Unable to Reset) then it cannot be reset or bred ever again.

I was aware of this, I still appreciate this tip, you never know :) Have a nice day!

If you breed two t7 lvl 30s I can just about guarantee you're going to get t6 female. I spent months combing over somethinglovely and trying everything. Was frustrated and impatient one day and went ahead with a lvl 30 male and 26 female (t7s) and lo and behold I got a t8 male. Since then, even with his breeds, not another one. I have consistently gotten t6 fems every time with the two lvl 30s. However, 3 out of 4 times I'll get t7s if I breed either a lvl 30 t7 and t6 or two t7s that aren't lvl 30. Ultimately it comes down to rng. Others experience may vary, but I've been doing it awhile now and this has been my experience. Good luck. 

Sounds horrible dude, gratz on getting the t8 tho, is it a nice one?

Posted

I was aware of this, I still appreciate this tip, you never know :) Have a nice day!

Wasn't sure of how much you did/didn't know :) Figured it couldn't hurt to tell ya. Good luck.

Posted

He's the brown/blonde one. Not the fastest, and only had 15 skills. I used a premium at lvl 28 and got one more skill, then used coupons on him. He has everything good except s:sideways move. Even tho his speed is only like 148 or so, the double instant makes up for it. He even got two seater (note in case you don't know, purebreds can't get two seater). 

Posted

He's the brown/blonde one. Not the fastest, and only had 15 skills. I used a premium at lvl 28 and got one more skill, then used coupons on him. He has everything good except s:sideways move. Even tho his speed is only like 148 or so, the double instant makes up for it. He even got two seater (note in case you don't know, purebreds can't get two seater). 

Yeah I kinda noticed two-seater wasn't available, and yeah the double instant seems like a really good makeup for even a bad horse speed, gz nonetheless :)

Posted

Better do horse races. I got my pure white T8 after the 3rd chest. Tho i guess im lucky, it still consumes less time than hoping for RNGesus to be nice with your breeding-success..

Posted

Better do horse races. I got my pure white T8 after the 3rd chest. Tho i guess im lucky, it still consumes less time than hoping for RNGesus to be nice with your breeding-success..

I didn't know you could get horses from that xD Guess I'll read the patch notes for that

Posted (edited)

I have done about 24 T7xT7 breedings ... results are 4 T8s, 9 T7s, rest T6 females.  Three of those T8s are females.  So there will be a large chance you'll get a T6 female out of it but yeah, rng .. or whatever calculation BDO likes to use.

Edit to add:  All of my T7 breedings both horses were lvl 30.

Edited by Elessara

Posted

I have done about 24 T7xT7 breedings ... results are 4 T8s, 9 T7s, rest T6 females.  Three of those T8s are females.  So there will be a large chance you'll get a T6 female out of it but yeah, rng .. or whatever calculation BDO likes to use.

Edit to add:  All of my T7 breedings both horses were lvl 30.

that's pretty close to the 1 in 4 chance of t8, do you breed with your own horses or use public market?

Posted

that's pretty close to the 1 in 4 chance of t8, do you breed with your own horses or use public market?

There are hardly ever breeds for high level horses on the public market.  There are some, but don't count on this as a way to breed.  And if you ever do buy breeds from there, make sure you are careful about checking number of deaths.

Posted

My own horses.  I've never used the public market for breeding.  And for the random times I've checked, I've rarely seen high level/tier horses there as Shaynae said.  I have a couple of times seen T8s there but I didn't want to pay that large of a breeding fee and most likely end up with a T6 female heh.

Posted

I actually did end up paying the high fee once for a public t8 breed.......t6 female...... Lol

Posted

My own horses.  I've never used the public market for breeding.  And for the random times I've checked, I've rarely seen high level/tier horses there as Shaynae said.  I have a couple of times seen T8s there but I didn't want to pay that large of a breeding fee and most likely end up with a T6 female heh.

Well today alone I've seen 2 or 3 t8's on breeding market, 35mil or so per breed attempt so yeah, that's a pretty high fee.

Posted

There are hardly ever breeds for high level horses on the public market.  There are some, but don't count on this as a way to breed.  And if you ever do buy breeds from there, make sure you are careful about checking number of deaths.

My first T8 was an exchange of a horse I accidentally got on market, T6 lv 25 or something with 6 deaths + T7 Lv 30, was so annoyed I got one with deaths I just said fuggit and smashed em >_>