• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Making Epheria Sailboat takes that long??

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there,

I started to let my workers make the Epheria sailboat. Only I see that every piece of work takes 1.5-2 hours each?

So for example, the workers must create flax fabric 300  x and so like 2 hours each.

Am I doing something wrong? I use workers from Epheria port.

Regards

2017-01-29_53018586.JPG

Posted (edited)

You should put your workers from Velia/Heidel/Calpheon at work too. Seeing as you currently have only 5 at work that would at least double your work speed.
Haven't done the maths but probably around 20 workers should be on it to finish it together with the dailies.

Also, Yes it's normal to take 1-2h per workstep.

Edited by Eternal2nd

Posted

lemme add a few pictures i've got going on.

2017-01-28_220010630.JPG

2017-01-28_220003709.JPG

2017-01-28_219856264.JPG

Posted (edited)

Try to put 3 or more workers for the same job at the same time......that should speed up the process quite a bit.
But yes, it takes long.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

Yes. It takes a long time, unless you have an army of workers on it.

But it's the only Epheria fishing boat you'll ever need to make.

Posted

Connect other cities or get more lodgings in Epheria (though those will be low lvl workers)... Even if you start with it now, 30 lower level workers should be more than enough to finish alongside daily quests...

Posted

Ive got 18 workers on it, I'm at 480/3220 done.

Posted

Takes about a week to make it if you take out all the designs. That's with about 100+ workers on it though. 

Posted

I have 127 workers on it. About 97% done with the boat.

I just bought ALL the lodging in epheria and heidel and hired all the goblins i could. will fire most of them when done. 

Ez boat. If i optimized i would have been done in less than 2 days but i forgot to feed a few so took a little longer. 

Posted

Was highly aware of the time it takes to make these damn ships . Every step to make the ship is highly boring . This is why when I left to go to work I begged my boyfriend to  grind all the mats for me  including the logs . I refuse to put such hard work into this game when i'm working my ass off in reality .  So I just had him log into my account and do the work . I am not wrong for doing this because its not my fault I have to pay bills and keep  food on the table and can not afford the time it takes to get such a beautiful sailboat in a game .  The sad part is i enjoy my job in reality 100x more than the job it takes to make that frailing ship . Since you can NOT trade in this game  and co op help players . I just decided to do it my own way to make it easier . Sorry but if I can get paid faster from my job before this is finished then its just plain wrong . In fact I can be paid 3-4 times before i would have finished this project .

So If any of you guys have close friends in person or close relatives that don't have anything better to do then put their asses to work if they owe you favors and don't have jobs ! :-P I tend to run people generosity favors until i can find a pay back use for them down the road . Its just good business ! xD That is the thing with these games with best customization options . They always make you wait and I do not wait forever . I can not stand waiting so yes I am a spoiled brat and https://images.rapgenius.com/66347c69832bdee15b1fcb99a4b6370c.1000x562x1.jpg is what i have to say . Though two more days and I will finally have my ship . Sadly i might not have did all the real work but who cares ? Long as I do my job in reality and my own home and a car that is more important than what i earn in a virtual world . So im proud of that . xD The world works in favor to people that work together ! Its how the world goes round . People need one another to make things work . Without it life can be .....empty . xD Only reason i play the game is because its like the only other game that is NOT archage that  has ships that you can ride on with friends on a Mmo game and have just so much content in the world . Not many games like this .

1 person likes this

Posted

Why did I just read a biography?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Was highly aware of the time it takes to make these damn ships . Every step to make the ship is highly boring . This is why when I left to go to work I begged my boyfriend to  grind all the mats for me  including the logs . I refuse to put such hard work into this game when i'm working my ass off in reality .  So I just had him log into my account and do the work . I am not wrong for doing this because its not my fault I have to pay bills and keep  food on the table and can not afford the time it takes to get such a beautiful sailboat in a game .  The sad part is i enjoy my job in reality 100x more than the job it takes to make that frailing ship . Since you can NOT trade in this game  and co op help players . I just decided to do it my own way to make it easier . Sorry but if I can get paid faster from my job before this is finished then its just plain wrong . In fact I can be paid 3-4 times before i would have finished this project .

So If any of you guys have close friends in person or close relatives that don't have anything better to do then put their asses to work if they owe you favors and don't have jobs ! :-P I tend to run people generosity favors until i can find a pay back use for them down the road . Its just good business ! xD That is the thing with these games with best customization options . They always make you wait and I do not wait forever . I can not stand waiting so yes I am a spoiled brat and https://images.rapgenius.com/66347c69832bdee15b1fcb99a4b6370c.1000x562x1.jpg is what i have to say . Though two more days and I will finally have my ship . Sadly i might not have did all the real work but who cares ? Long as I do my job in reality and my own home and a car that is more important than what i earn in a virtual world . So im proud of that . xD The world works in favor to people that work together ! Its how the world goes round . People need one another to make things work . Without it life can be .....empty . xD Only reason i play the game is because its like the only other game that is NOT archage that  has ships that you can ride on with friends on a Mmo game and have just so much content in the world . Not many games like this .

I have a 10 hour 5 day a week job working IT. I do IT work for a electric company and I'm on call all the time. Yet, I still choose to earn my way in a game. Wanna know why? Because its a god damn game. This is how games work, if its not fun to play the game and earn your way, then don't bother playing. I disagree with your post wholeheartedly. You should choose to play a game to not only earn the rewards and spoils that come with it, but if you wanted too... you could of just went to work, and fished your way to buying the boat off the marketplace. AFK fishing is a thing. You didn't have to make it (the boat in question), especially making other people slave over it for you (which again you could of earned yourself). It's a game, and this mentality is the reason why games like this in my personal opinion is going to shit. The GIMMIE GIMMIE attitude is why warcraft is a shell of what it once was. Infact, it's the reason why a lot of games are the shell of what it once was. If you feel you can't earn something in a game, and do it yourself, you have no reason to play this game, and should just buy assassins creed 4, and sail all you want in that, since your mail goal anyway was a freaken boat. They give you one for free in that game, I'd said that would suit you best. If you do choose to stick with this game, I would recommend just buying a sailboat in game or a raft, and just sail on that, or join a guild with their own already made ship. Seriously, for you to be proud of a childish mentality such as GIMMIE WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW, instead of earning it, is like being proud of a child who shouts back at their mother for not getting their way. I don't care what your real life job is, most of the people that play this game have more hours than you, and still play this game, and earn their way. Its part of the damn game, and if you don't like it, there is the revolving door. I'll be damned if I don't stand by that statement.

Edited by Kanomas
1 person likes this

Posted

I just want to go into the market place and buy it.

1 person likes this

Posted

you must have a great ass 

or a total drop kick bf 

1 person likes this

Posted

Its actually a good deal. I assume her boyfriend is unemployed while shes the bread winner of the household. So her boyfriend stays home and helps her progress in Black Desert. Doesnt sound like a raw deal to me. Id like a girlfriend like that. lol

1 person likes this

Posted

If you're too lazy and if you're in EU, apparently, someone is selling for a chance of an epheria boat for a price of a 30 day value pack.

I personally think tis too cheap for what it is tho...

Posted (edited)

I'm process of making the  last mats "standard timber square". Already took 2 weeks and probably running 3 weeks next week until it can be completed for my case.

If your issue is only with processing, I recommend hire 25 workers at epheria and process  the rest of mats early while you work for the rest of the mats. Both standard square (rarely at marketplace) and design takes a while to make so I suggest buy the rest of mats  then process  first  (I feel its cheaper and convenient coz you needs lots of logs) coz it will take some times. 

You also need to have a "Artisan" level processing to process efficiently and professional to start getting a random standard square out of logs (painful experiment for me)

I also recommend process all extra mats you get that you dont need just to level your processing skills.. it also help by using Life Experience buffs pets + some potion or tickets (to level faster)

Edited by Rvyne

Posted

no point in makeing sailboats because soon you will have to remake the new 4 cannon personal ship.

Posted

no point in makeing sailboats because soon you will have to remake the new 4 cannon personal ship.

Nah, looks like the same boat to me. I will just process a bit of Steel for another 2 cannons and slap them on my Sailboat. That should do it.
No, seriously.... THAT should do it. Like really really before I have to get another couple thousand Logs, pls! :D

Posted

I just started this shit today as well.... FML.... 

Posted (edited)

Btw sorry for hijacking some question ... I was just wondering if you can assigned a sailor - worker in a completed sailboat?  if yes how? and maximum number you can assigned

Edited by Rvyne

Posted

Nah, looks like the same boat to me. I will just process a bit of Steel for another 2 cannons and slap them on my Sailboat. That should do it.No, seriously.... THAT should do it. Like really really before I have to get another couple thousand Logs, pls! :D

Sailboat is merchant variant... It has more slots and higher Lt limit compared to boat with 4 cannons... So in the end you'd like to have both... :D

Posted

Well I felt that they nerfed the log's you gain from gathering and maybe even mats from processing (used to be 80 standard timber ou ot 1000 logs for me now it's around 50-60), so it'snot getting easier.

I started to build a second sailboat some time ago thinking I might need it, but with a fast horse I can go Epheria-Veila-Altinova-Ancado faster then witha  boat and then sail from where the boat is. So I finished it sold it and now gathering mats for the new cannonship.

It's not that bad but it might take ahwile. Also use soem contribution points and get some mroe workers in veila I sued to have around 10-15 guys there mostly artisians. Now only 8 remain as a skeleton crew for shipbuilding, crates and such.