• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gifting Pearl items when buying

12 posts in this topic

Posted

First let me be clear about something... I can afford any pearl item my heart desires.  I'm a lucky individual currently and my financial situation is great.  I never cared before about the P2W aspect because I felt that things were pretty equal between being able to buy things and being able to grind for them.  

At the moment however, this whole bit with requiring gifts to buy stuff is leaving a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

Again, I can afford whatever, but I'm concerned that this new tactic is going to mean a lot of people in game cannot.  At the moment, it's only really high end items that are part of the 'required' gifting but will it stay that way?

I have no experience with the system, because I refuse to be a part of it and maybe I'm concerned over nothing.  But I do worry this part of the game will end up causing a big issue with the players who cannot afford to buy gift items.

Posted

Its not fault of gifting feature... Its fault of shitty marketplace pricing... PA pulled those prices out of their ass, and it doesnt reflect the effort put in and value of the items in the slightest... Those things wouldnt be for sale anyway, bcs they simply aint worth selling with these terrible settings... So people are tryin to make market work at least in some way... Why would otherwise someone list horse or boat that took weeks/months to create for an amount of silver you can earn in matter of days? (similar thing is with market bein overflown with useless junk items for insane prices)

I personally dont like real money trade either, bcs it locks big part of a playerbase away (again)... But we have been criticizing PA's useless marketplace algorhytm for a year now, and shit hasnt been touched... If marketplace system was half decent, people wouldnt be looking for every oportunity to bypass it... But since it sucks in its core, whole market suffers... Most people didnt have a chance to buy most useful item before, they aint able now and wont be able to till PA gets their shit together...

Control of prices to prevent abuse of the market? OK... Feel free to do so, but do it properly... Random ass prices that barely change and aint reflecting anything (gear prices according to BS is BS), aint doin it properly... Its lazy way out... Terrible way out...

Posted

First let me be clear about something... I can afford any pearl item my heart desires.  I'm a lucky individual currently and my financial situation is great.  I never cared before about the P2W aspect because I felt that things were pretty equal between being able to buy things and being able to grind for them.  

At the moment however, this whole bit with requiring gifts to buy stuff is leaving a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

Again, I can afford whatever, but I'm concerned that this new tactic is going to mean a lot of people in game cannot.  At the moment, it's only really high end items that are part of the 'required' gifting but will it stay that way?

I have no experience with the system, because I refuse to be a part of it and maybe I'm concerned over nothing.  But I do worry this part of the game will end up causing a big issue with the players who cannot afford to buy gift items.

Well, for horses, you well know that the prices are crap for the time needed to invest, the heavy RNG in producing sellable horses, and even not getting value pack bonus from selling them is ridiculous. So turning to pearl gifting is quite obvious. :(

And as the poster above said, it's because of the fixed market - high value items don't ever get sold because it's NOT worth it, and low value items get flooded and won't ever sell because there's just too many for most of them. In the meantime traces of savagery will be 100% perma sold out because they're easily worth double the current market cap and Kakao refuses to let the market auto-correct itself... You know, like a normal healthy economy would do. In this current scenario it's really just unfortunate for many people that what you have is either A) worthless or B) Worth TOO MUCH and thus you need an extra incentive just to put it on the marketplace.

Posted

Well, for horses, you well know that the prices are crap for the time needed to invest, the heavy RNG in producing sellable horses, and even not getting value pack bonus from selling them is ridiculous. So turning to pearl gifting is quite obvious. :(

And as the poster above said, it's because of the fixed market - high value items don't ever get sold because it's NOT worth it, and low value items get flooded and won't ever sell because there's just too many for most of them. In the meantime traces of savagery will be 100% perma sold out because they're easily worth double the current market cap and Kakao refuses to let the market auto-correct itself... You know, like a normal healthy economy would do. In this current scenario it's really just unfortunate for many people that what you have is either A) worthless or B) Worth TOO MUCH and thus you need an extra incentive just to put it on the marketplace.

I am a horse breeder, I'm well aware of how crappy horse prices are.  I don't think saying this is okay because the prices are crappy is getting to my core point.  If this remains the way it is, the 'haves' will far outweigh the 'have nots' and that's what I was trying to say.

Posted

It's more greed than anything really, and gets the ball rolling for potential scammers, even though they made an official statement, ppl will attempt to do it anyway.

if the bidding and preorder system was better or less rng/ ping dependant it would be a different story imo. 

Or as many have suggested before, just make Night Vendor sell boxes instead of individual weapons, or give a checkbox option where if you roll something that can be in a box, you pay extra to get the box instead.

There are tons of things they can do to improve the current lack of high demand items so ppl aren't forced to bheg for more incentives or feel like the buyer has to give them something with real money. If this becomes a standard it won't be long before they just straight up sell items on the cash shop, since ppl are willing to throw money, then what? All those greedy nerds that wanted their incentives will cry p2w lmao

Posted

I am a horse breeder, I'm well aware of how crappy horse prices are.  I don't think saying this is okay because the prices are crappy is getting to my core point.  If this remains the way it is, the 'haves' will far outweigh the 'have nots' and that's what I was trying to say.

We'll have to see how kakao handles this - any KR vets know if they have this problem over there? That could be the greatest indicator.

Posted

Posted (edited)

Oh...I understand this isn't a violation of terms.  Again, that wasn't my point.  

I'm concerned about the ability of players to buy certain marketplace items who do not have the financial means to afford gifts. 

Edit: I also want to note here that I don't condemn people for doing what they do.  I'm not trying to judge individuals, but I do love this game and want it to remain viable.  All I want to have happen is for Pearl Abyss to carefully think about what this practice is going to mean as it becomes normalized into market buying.

Edited by Shaynae

Posted

I will say this is a pretty shady practice. As for myself I agree with the OP I will not take part in it, I think it is bogus. I have spent over $1,000 this past year between my account and my wife's. Never sold Pearl Items on the AH, never will. I have gifted items to friends just to be nice. However I do think this is just another thing that kills the game just as much as a gold seller. The only reason why Kakao is turning a blind eye is because they are getting the money directly from it. 

As for it off setting the crappy auction house prices is totally horse sh*t. The prices are set on the auction house for this exact reason, because if the prices were higher it would put items so totally far out of reach of anyone who is casual to semi active they would never be able to catch up. It would widen the gap so far that only lifers and whales would be able to afford the gear and it would destroy the economy as well as PvP. I have seen this in other games dating back to Ultima Online, Lineage 2 being the worst.

The thing that makes me laugh but cringe at the same time is Kakao's response. More of a slap on the wrist; "we don't encourage it so don't do it.... but if someone scams you we will take both yours and there items... *demonic whisper* buy more pearls...."  

1 person likes this

Posted

It's unfortunate that this is happening and I wish it would stop. :S

Posted (edited)

The problem stems from many issues:

First off, the price of costumes are completely insane. These things are normally $5-10 in most games and are called MICROTRANSACTIONS for a reason, not "the price of an average priced game". I could go out and almost buy a full new set of clothes for the amount these costumes cost.

Second, it's too hard to get them via the marketplace because of all these insane restrictions put on it to stop "pay to win"(when in reality is more pay to win how it is with these restrictions.

I've made numerous posts here:

However, the publisher decided to listen to the "anti-pay to win" player base who was basically trolling and on the verge of quitting anyways. These players all quit long ago, so now we all have to suffer with a MASSIVELY more pay to win game due to these stupid uninformed complaints. it really sucks that this game had to suffer because of so many trolls and players looking for a reason to quit that didn't actually like the game, so now people who DID like it have a much worse off game. Sadly, there's still tons of uninformed players who are against fixing the way the pearl shop works and making it more accessible for non-paying players thus allowing people who can't afford to shell out the obscene prices for pearl shop items the ability to obtain them by PLAYING THE GAME.

I strongly encourage everyone to start a movement and start showing support for a fully unrestricted pearl shop - > marketplace system and allowing people to gift things for for silver on COD. We need to move forward and push this game further away from pay to win, and into purely PLAY TO WIN.

Edited by Shiyo

Posted (edited)

Don't gift to players you don't know.

Problem solved.

And i'ts not required to gift shit just to buy an item.
Tell those guys to ----- off. :D

Edited by DarkBever

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0