• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Underwater breathing

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else feeling like we're running out of oxygen way too soon?
I'm doing a quest outside of Port Ratt and with 2x breathing crystals in shoes, +15sec pot and +2 movement speed I still can't dive deep enough (going down in a straight line, shortest distance) to get my quest item.

Unless I'm missing something and I should have worn that weirdo mask I got from quest? but it doesnt say it grants extra breathing so I'm assuming its only fashion.

It feels like I'm being forced to buy one of the pearl costumes.
That being said, there is no such a thing as underwater 'exploration', can't explore if I run out of oxygen to do so too soon.

Is anyone else feeling the same way ?

Posted

I'm doing a quest outside of Port Ratt and with 2x breathing crystals in shoes, +15sec pot and +2 movement speed I still can't dive deep enough (going down in a straight line, shortest distance) to get my quest item.

Unless I'm missing something and I should have worn that weirdo mask I got from quest? but it doesnt say it grants extra breathing so I'm assuming its only fashion.

That being said, there is no such a thing as underwater 'exploration', can't explore if I run out of oxygen to do so too soon.

When you channel change or go to the character selection screen it will refill your breath gauge.

I was able to do the trench quest (super deep dive) with only 1 breath crystal, maxed out movement speed, and no costume or anything. I just channel changed right before breath ran out (keep diving as even when the channel screen window is up BTW) for the super deep dive. Rest I have been able to do no problem and with no crystals. I have even gathered with my gatherers. 

Hope that helps.

2 people like this

Posted

get 5 movespeed, also there's food with +10 breathing aswell but probably still rare :P

Posted

Lack of drowning death...

Posted

I was able to get the lantern with +4 movement (Meal and Gold ring), 2x water breathing crystal, +15 sec elixir and Ranger skills. 

Posted

When you channel change or go to the character selection screen it will refill your breath gauge.

I was able to do the trench quest (super deep dive) with only 1 breath crystal, maxed out movement speed, and no costume or anything. I just channel changed right before breath ran out (keep diving as even when the channel screen window is up BTW) for the super deep dive. Rest I have been able to do no problem and with no crystals. I have even gathered with my gatherers. 

Hope that helps.

hey that is exactly the quest i had in mind, it was too deep for me to get so the channel swap or relog trick will definitely help, thanks.

still kinda sad you have to use something like that to go around breathing limit lol

Posted

People shouldn't have to switch channels or log out or even buy a shark suit , people with fish suits are also having a bit of a tough time on some of the steps , this is a blatant money grab , i heard tell of a craft able costume available but no one seems to know anything about it

Posted

You dont have to switch channel,be sure to have 5 movespeed along with the breathing crystals and the potion,thats enough for everything.The costume makes it all easy but its doable without it.I did it all without it

Posted

The cash shop is indeed a "money grab" so they can make money on the game.  The shark suit is a convenience.  As you know you can play the entire game with no purchases whatsoever.  It has been like this from day 1.  In many games you have to pay to play all of the expansions, or get gear that is necessary to play.  BDO is not like that.  I wonder how you think they are going to make a profit so they can continue updating and adding content to this game, if they do not have a way to make money.  Part of playing this game is figuring out how to do things.  It won't be handed to you even if you do have a shark suit.  So stop complaining about things that have always been the way of this game.  I would rather pay something in the cash shop then have a sub or have to pay for expansions.  If you would rather not pay, then it will be less convenient for you.

4 people like this

Posted

The cash shop is indeed a "money grab" so they can make money on the game.  The shark suit is a convenience.  As you know you can play the entire game with no purchases whatsoever.  It has been like this from day 1.  In many games you have to pay to play all of the expansions, or get gear that is necessary to play.  BDO is not like that.  I wonder how you think they are going to make a profit so they can continue updating and adding content to this game, if they do not have a way to make money.  Part of playing this game is figuring out how to do things.  It won't be handed to you even if you do have a shark suit.  So stop complaining about things that have always been the way of this game.  I would rather pay something in the cash shop then have a sub or have to pay for expansions.  If you would rather not pay, then it will be less convenient for you.

Well I pay for a sub cause I buy value pack each month (among other things). I will also buy the shark costume tomorrow because I like the underwater world in this game a lot. But I do find the time you are able to swim underwater very limited. As it is now it's not even about convenience, it is about enabling you to enjoy diving or not. Even with the extra 30 seconds of the shark costume, you still have a max of 85 seconds before you need to surface. It's a shame and imo very bad marketing that literally makes the activity of exploring the awesome underwater world unbearable and nerve wrecking. There should be another mechanic in place to make it inconvenient, like very slow speed when underwater (which you overcome with the costume) and the quests adjusted accordingly of course. Having to surface so often breaks any kind of immersion. It is bad design.

1 person likes this

Posted

Having to surface so often breaks any kind of immersion.

lol

for more immersion let's have our head explode when we swim that deep.

5 people like this

Posted

lol

for more immersion let's have our head explode when we swim that deep.

lol indeed

Posted

Actually you can't play the game with no purchases whatsoever since you have to buy the game to play it.  I know it's easy to forget since they run it like a free to play Korean cash grab game.

2 people like this

Posted

ur gonna lose ur freakin mind if u play this game without pets and weight increase.

Posted

ur gonna lose ur freakin mind if u play this game without pets and weight increase.

I did it for 2 months

Posted (edited)

It is limited yes, but it's possible to get through the quest line without any cash shop items. I, and many others did it just fine without.

Gotta stack those crystals, elixirs, foods, and buffs though.

And you may have to relog, but at least they give us that option.

You do lose out on the vast exploration of those deeper areas, but it's not exactly needed. I guess it's more of a luxury.

If you(using as a general term for anybody) really want vast exploration, buy a suit. If not, well.. you'll just have to stick to more shallow waters I guess.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

I did it for 2 months

i could only did it for a month then i broke down and forked over the money.

Posted

Actually you can't play the game with no purchases whatsoever since you have to buy the game to play it.  I know it's easy to forget since they run it like a free to play Korean cash grab game.

LOL lets see....on sale during the holidays for $10. Me thinks thou are nitpicking.

1 person likes this

Posted

let's see what the quest tells you to do:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/777ec5d448d741909fbabc34894cf9e4.png

did you max breathing? yes, 2 crystals and the pot (45secs)

did you max movement? no

did you max stamina? no

basically you just did half of what's even mentioned specifically in the quest, and still wonder why you have problems.

Posted

let's see what the quest tells you to do:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/777ec5d448d741909fbabc34894cf9e4.png

did you max breathing? yes, 2 crystals and the pot (45secs)

did you max movement? no

did you max stamina? no

basically you just did half of what's even mentioned specifically in the quest, and still wonder why you have problems.

Hey! thanks for suggestions, i already did the quest using tips provided by one of other forum viewers but perhaps it helps someone else who stumbles upon similar problem.

Cheers

Posted

You can get the game for $10 when they have a sale or discount.  Which is almost all the time.  Normal price is ,...what?  $30?  In any other game,of similar quality,you would have to pay to be able to play the entire game (WoW).  Anyway that is not relevant to the discussion.  To avoid arguments of similar off topic posts, Yes.  You must purchase the game.

Posted

Seriously?  they have sales very often and several times it has been for $10.  But even if you payed 60, how far do you think that money is going to go for payroll and equipment and software, updates, publicity, etc, etc  The initial cost is not even close to simply maintaining the very first version of this game

So yeah I do not count the initial cost.  That really isn't the point anyway.  The cash shop is their income and if they don't make money there I really would like to know how they should make it?

Posted

Look under your fitness stats (P button) and look at breathing. Level it to increase the duration of both your sprinting and your diving time. Go to any trade manager and buy a pack and autoloop. 

When Margoria launched I thinks the devs were under the assumption that most people doing the questline would have at least level 30 breathing skill. I agree tho, it's still not enough for some of those quests. The expansion in general sucks. So much potential, so little development.