• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are there any fast ways to gather logs?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting 1-2 log per tree seems mehh.

Posted

It's all part of the grind meta.

Posted

Dear lord..does this mean i have to bloody chop 6000 trees to get mats for my ship, wtf ffs.

Posted

Yep. You can also hire slave labor to do it. I have an empire of slave labor spread out throughout Velia and Heidel.

Posted (edited)

Slaves can not gather normal logs. I need normal logs for the epheria boat.

Edited by Purrbulous
2 people like this

Posted

I found myself wishing that my kids were five or six again. I'd tell them that they could play my new game which was all about chopping trees. By the time they got bored with the simple mechanic, I'd have my logs.

11 people like this

Posted

I found myself wishing that my kids were five or six again. I'd tell them that they could play my new game which was all about chopping trees. By the time they got bored with the simple mechanic, I'd have my logs.

Monster

2 people like this

Posted

Dear lord..does this mean i have to bloody chop 6000 trees to get mats for my ship, wtf ffs.

Unless your Processing level is at least Artisan you need to cut at least 8000 trees.

Posted

Monster

Or master strategist?

1 person likes this

Posted

The sail boat is worth the work, and should remain somewhat difficult and taxing to obtain in my opinion.

2 people like this

Posted

Getting 1-2 log per tree seems mehh.

Yes, be an actual gatherer.

Posted

Yes, be an actual gatherer.

you gotta admit it sucks ass though.
I hate it LOL. I dread gathering trees so much but....

7Rf1V5d.jpg

Posted

I find that bouncing off trees and cutting them down while on a mix of harvesting drugs is actually fun to do while watching a previously seen movie.  I do it for the hards or sharps that pop up every 200 labor or so.  

Posted

you gotta admit it sucks ass though.I hate it LOL. I dread gathering trees so much but....

7Rf1V5d.jpg

All I see are skilled workers...you poor thing - blue makes my eyes bleed.

Posted

All I see are skilled workers...you poor thing - blue makes my eyes bleed.

They were all last minute hires.
I literally have 50 something energy in Port Epheria, i think.

Posted

I'm Prof6 in Gathering and still get 1-3 logs each tree with a luck offhand to max my luck and max gathering using foods/buffs.

Posted

try like 20000+

Posted

try like 20000+

no, 8000 was an accurate estimate. You get, on average, 1.5 logs per tree; at Artisan 5+ processing level you need 12,800 trees on average... thus, 8000 trees is a good estimate. You could be picky and say 8500, but then there's always the RNG of your logging and your processings, so 8000-9000 is the best estimate (assuming you're not starting at below Prof level gathering and Artisan lvl processing).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

try like 20000+

The best ratio is 1:16 so 800x16=12800 logs=~8500 trees assuming 1.5 log/tree (requires artisan proc I think, I am master something, cant remember when 2.5 ratio starts). And there are also the rare procs but they are very rare anyway to make a big difference. I have not noticed any difference with or without magic tools when it comes to logs. But I am somewhat high level gather and use sharp stone+sweet fig pie.

EDIT: Posted the same time as @seanas, who is correct.

Edited by Graviera

Posted

I'm Prof6 in Gathering and still get 1-3 logs each tree with a luck offhand to max my luck and max gathering using foods/buffs.

have a screenshot with 3 logs per gather? never seen that, at high artisan even

Posted

Oh no no. Not per gather. I'll screenshot the next time it happens, but sometimes I'll get 3. Most of the time it's 1-2

Posted

The best ratio is 1:16 so 800x16=12800 logs=~8500 trees assuming 1.5 log/tree (requires artisan proc I think, I am master something, cant remember when 2.5 ratio starts). And there are also the rare procs but they are very rare anyway to make a big difference. I have not noticed any difference with or without magic tools when it comes to logs. But I am somewhat high level gather and use sharp stone+sweet fig pie.

EDIT: Posted the same time as @seanas, who is correct.

lets say you processed 12800 logs. That is 1280 times you are processing scantling.

at 2.5 scantling per process you will yield 3200 usable scantling.

now turn that into timber squares. 

at 1.5 squares per process that is only 480 timber.

plus whatever timber you got for rare procs. 

Posted

i t happens once in a while.

Posted

lets say you processed 12800 logs. That is 1280 times you are processing scantling.

at 2.5 scantling per process you will yield 3200 usable scantling.

now turn that into timber squares. 

at 1.5 squares per process that is only 480 timber.

plus whatever timber you got for rare procs. 

Just tested it and I don't get any x4 squares (like I thought), but I do get a lot of x3 so average is 2 squares per 10 scantling  not 1.5 as you say.

So 800 squares = 4000 scantling  = 16,000 logs

I was wrong (3200 logs off) but less wrong than you (4000+ logs off). And that's without the rare procs .. A pitiful victory I 'll admit, but a victory nonetheless.:)

Posted (edited)

No. It means you need to chop up to 40,000 trees depending on your processing level. You'll need between 18k and 20k logs to get your 800 Standardized squares. So your gathering level AND processing level has a lot to do with how many Squares you get. But I would say with a high gathering and Processing level you'll still need to get at least 18,000 logs.

LMAO!  I never thought of that.

Brilliant! 

you gotta admit it sucks ass though.I hate it LOL. I dread gathering trees so much but....

But it's a permanent ship with guns. And the fastest in the game and repairable!  Last and only ship you need.

Just tested it and I don't get any x4 squares (like I thought), but I do get a lot of x3 so average is 2 squares per 10 scantling  not 1.5 as you say.

So 800 squares = 4000 scantling  = 16,000 logs

I was wrong (3200 logs off) but less wrong than you (4000+ logs off). And that's without the rare procs .. A pitiful victory I 'll admit, but a victory nonetheless.:)

OR . . . . . .  We can forget the math because it's RNG anyway and just say it's a Sh_tload of Logs!

Edited by mijorious
2 people like this