• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fellow Tamers - Simple Question, are we a more offensive or defensive class?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to get an idea from some of the Tamer experts out there of where our strengths and weaknesses lie. Are we more of an offensive class or a defensive class. What is more of a strength for us and more of weakness? Maybe we can do both pretty well? Two things I don't want in the replies please: a) statements such as 'Lul Tamers can't do anything well, we suck at everything' and b) 'you can build the Tamer both offensively and defensively, it's upto you'. Ok, I already know these things, I don't care, I just want to know about the base Tamer and our strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by Esbia

Posted

We are indisputably an offensive class.

IfZuUuA.jpg

You can make a pretty good evasive build for a Tamer though you'd have to commit to losing a fair amount of your damage output.

Posted

tamers are offensive and flippin around a lot to evade dmg. it doesn't really have defense, so don't get hit =D some ppl play it pure ap, others mix it with evasion (like me). but dp builds are rare, i think. we cannot hold our block permanently and have to iframe/superarmor anyways. so just stacking dp won't help, especially cuz dp scales differently on all classes (and kinda weak on tamer)

1 person likes this

Posted

We are indisputably an offensive class.

IfZuUuA.jpg

You can make a pretty good evasive build for a Tamer though you'd have to commit to losing a fair amount of your damage output.

Oh NO those pointless, useless graphs. They should be removed ASAP not to confuse new players.

Posted

Oh NO those pointless, useless graphs. They should be removed ASAP not to confuse new players.

Yeah i agree just look att Zerker theres is waaay off.

Posted

On large scale tamers r supporters and peelers bc all u can do is spam void and defend ur back line from intruders. Small scale pvp they r basically assassins going after the squishy back line and retreat after the job is done.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to build a tank tamer for conquest according to my experience u would be able to last a bit longer to support ur guild with ur ccs (void, ult, surging, etc) on the offensive even with high ap it would be hard to get any kills or outdmg ur teammates (warriors, mages, etc) if u r defending ur base then going full ap accessories with rosar/kutum should be good enough maybe even nouver. 

If I can I try to stay away from large groups bc the lag (lag kills tamers more than any other class) and go for the ones on the sides when attacking or on the defensive, go for the wanna be heroes that try to push too much (ez kills) 

So yeah an offensive class for sure. We r meant to be assassins but we lack a bit of dmg or protection (longer iframes/SA) to be decent assassin class which means usually its better to place some other class on those positions (thats why guilds rather recruit any other class but tamers)  

1 person likes this

Posted

Theoretically we´re an offensive class. 

Equipment wise i see us more as a hybrid/defensive class. 

You can do a lot more with your tamer with higher DP, your damage is not enough to burst down people with very high dp so you need to engage, re-engange and peel anyways. 

I´m currently at 190 AP and 305 DP and even in battleground that plays pretty good. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0