• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

14 posts in this topic

Posted

So I'm looking for a tank class to play on BDO. I know that the current "tank" classes are warrior, valk and zerk.

My question is: Which one is the best on what? Meaning which one is the best for pve, 1v1 pvp, small scale pvp, and siege pvp, and why they are the best. What are the main differences between them?

Ty!

Posted

From my understanding there is no "tank" classes in BDO inherently, it depends on your AP/DP. Those 3 classes are just naturally tankier by a bit but it won't make a huge difference unless your gear is on par. Overall, it comes down to playstyle. I'd avoid valk if you want tanky, they are only good in a really skilled players hands, so if you want the most challenge, little reward, go valk. Otherwise, warrior is an easier playstyle and uses mostly (with some exceptions) their awakening weapon. I don't play Warrior but that's what I've read from others on the internet. Zerker is fairly easy, but can be a monster in a skilled players hands, their combo's can be hard to master but they have a lot of CC and more HP than other classes, I believe.

Anyway, pick a class you enjoy, try all 3 to about 30 and choose which one you find yourself playing the most.

My 2 pennies.

Posted

Humm, I don't have that much free time, so it seems that i would't be able to master valk (which looks the coolest to me). I'm gonna play warrior and zerk to see which one I enjoy the most.

Ty!

Posted

Valk is is good in team fights for supporting buffs and can lay some good area CC down as well as has a unique role in node wars from what I've read switching between front lines and back lines to defend your wizitches/rangers and can also go to enemy backlines as well, although, I think there are classes more suited for that.

I wouldn't let what I said about having to master valk deter you from playing it though. If it's what you most enjoy, you will have the most enjoying grind while lvling.

Posted (edited)

the class that seems to function the best in all scales of pvp with a dp focused build seems to be zerk, partially just because they seem to have the most CC so they have a reason to go full tank. another reason would be their inherent higher hp

other class can survive doing this but they lose their purpose for the most part. for example , warriors can go pure dp stacking get like 400+ dp with tons of DR hp etc... but they'd have no kill potential because they'd be stuck with so little ap they wouldnt be a real threat, and they lack the CC and the aoe CC that zerks have to have a very large impact in the fight other than being a distraction.

Edited by Burhead
2 people like this

Posted

Warrior is broken, Zerk is annoying, and Valk is underwhelming. All you need to know. 

Posted

Warrior is broken, Zerk is annoying, and Valk is underwhelming. All you need to know. 

"Come and play Black Desert Online, we welcome your presence and the game is just.. magnificent!"

Posted

Mass pvp:

- Valk best offense support

- Zerker good frontliner

- War good defense support.

One vs One:

Zerker>War>>>>>>>Valk

1 person likes this

Posted

(dont know why the pictures i posted in a different thread are being dragged in here , editing the post is not removing them either.)

You are full of shit you just wanted to show off your character 

Posted

You are full of shit you just wanted to show off your character 

well it let me remove them this time so i did, if i wanted to show off i'd show off in the show your character thread... which i did cause im a shiny shark Kappa.

Posted

valk have boobies and give buff     warrior slash and can be super good at 1v1 but not against socr/bezerker        Beserker best 1v1 but require some training

Posted

Valk is is good in team fights for supporting buffs and can lay some good area CC down as well as has a unique role in node wars from what I've read switching between front lines and back lines to defend your wizitches/rangers and can also go to enemy backlines as well, although, I think there are classes more suited for that.

I wouldn't let what I said about having to master valk deter you from playing it though. If it's what you most enjoy, you will have the most enjoying grind while lvling.

that pasive-agressive suport-ish play style sounds really cool... definitively i'm playing a valk!

Posted

So I'm looking for a tank class to play on BDO. I know that the current "tank" classes are warrior, valk and zerk.

My question is: Which one is the best on what? Meaning which one is the best for pve, 1v1 pvp, small scale pvp, and siege pvp, and why they are the best. What are the main differences between them?

Ty!

Forget about valk, it can only tank. Maybe if you are extremely skilled u can do something with it... I guess.

Between zerk and warrior:

-Warrior is better in tanking due to block.

-Zerk is better in PVE due to its aoes.

-1v1, small scale, siege... There's no difference, or rather, the difference resides in how you play the class. Most warriors block, wait for an opening, and burst the sh*t out of you. So they play deffensively. Zerkers are offensive and rely on disable (grab) the oponent and then burst it. 

Posted

if we are honest to win the hard way as a zerk requires skill to win the cheesy way does not. its really that black and white as far as zerk 1v1 goes.