• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Information Gathering Thread of DK

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Not begging thread for dark knight release, but for information gathering. There are people want to try her, and people who already tried her on KR server who also want to main her. People who want to know how long they have to prepare for her. Information only. No "not again" bullcrap. If you are not helping others, then GTFO. Predictions, offical informations, or any other sources are welcome here. 

Posted

The known thing about it is that it has a new mainhand, some sort of spellblade, and the same offhand as Berserkers, the Ornament knot thing so grab one of those if you want to play Dark Knight. They will sell like mad later.

The playstyle is aperently a mix between pre-awakened Musa and an awakened Warrior with slow but strong attacks, quick combos and long range spells.
Awakening is a short range to long range AoE damage with a lot of movements that Awakened ranger has, so to me it looks like a pre-awakened sorceress and an awakened ranger. (I could be wrong)

And they (as in community) think she will either come during February to EU/NA or early March. I hope she comes asap and is supposedly released with the Kamasylven patch.

2 people like this

Posted

Soonest I can see DK coming is at the very end of this month, but more than likely the end of next. These are my 2 predictions

1. Will be released as a stand alone expansion. They have never released a new zone as well as new classes together before so don't expect that here. 
  2. They will release without their awakening weapon for at least 1 week (probably 2). This gives people more than enough time to get to 56 and above so everyone is on a level playing field for the title race. 
1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to know how much she have from a knight class - I means how tanky DK is. Or is she just next pure DPS class?

Posted

I would like to know how much she have from a knight class - I means how tanky DK is. Or is she just next pure DPS class?

Almost pure DPS afaik. Can block but can't move and has some i-frames, that's it.

Posted

Almost pure DPS afaik. Can block but can't move and has some i-frames, that's it.

Thx, but I was think more about HP pool and base damage reduction and evasion.

Posted

Thx, but I was think more about HP pool and base damage reduction and evasion.

If I were you I would expect less than a Valk. A few people told me DK is almost a pure glass cannon (not like wizards... they are just cannons) and yes, DK has really high damage but isn't a "knight" (unless you like the concept of a "YOLO knight" :P).

While I like the class, I would prefer a more tankier version with less burst damage but more DoT/curse/debuff reliant.

1 person likes this

Posted

The known thing about it is that it has a new mainhand, some sort of spellblade, and the same offhand as Berserkers, the Ornament knot thing so grab one of those if you want to play Dark Knight. They will sell like mad later.

The playstyle is aperently a mix between pre-awakened Musa and an awakened Warrior with slow but strong attacks, quick combos and long range spells.
Awakening is a short range to long range AoE damage with a lot of movements that Awakened ranger has, so to me it looks like a pre-awakened sorceress and an awakened ranger. (I could be wrong)

And they (as in community) think she will either come during February to EU/NA or early March. I hope she comes asap and is supposedly released with the Kamasylven patch.

Well the skills dont seem slow to me tho... and the burst isnt that bursty... when i watch a DK streamer he cant burst someone as fast as a ranger... dont get me wrong I would like to play DK but it seems so hmm not competitiv except pve 

Posted

If I were you I would expect less than a Valk. A few people told me DK is almost a pure glass cannon (not like wizards... they are just cannons) and yes, DK has really high damage but isn't a "knight" (unless you like the concept of a "YOLO knight" :P).

While I like the class, I would prefer a more tankier version with less burst damage but more DoT/curse/debuff reliant.

ok, thx for the info.

To be honest, I expected something is wrong with this class since I saw awakening.

Posted

ok, thx for the info.

To be honest, I expected something is wrong with this class since I saw awakening.

Well, to be honest there isn't something wrong but the name :(

Posted

Well, to be honest there isn't something wrong but the name :(

It is called dark knight. I expected something to replace valkyrie. No heals, no shield but still tanky, a bit more mobile and steal health. Not something what already exist, because it seems like next DPS and to be more specific a hard nerfed sorc.

Posted

Well the skills dont seem slow to me tho... and the burst isnt that bursty... when i watch a DK streamer he cant burst someone as fast as a ranger... dont get me wrong I would like to play DK but it seems so hmm not competitiv except pve 

please don't compare things with natures tremble, seems unfair xD

1 person likes this

Posted

"How long they have to prepare for her" You prepare for her like you do any other class... just upgrade the offhand (same as berserker) and wait for the mainhand to be released. What other prep do you need? Nobody knows exactly when its going to be released and Kakao never reveals that information unless its like a day or two before its released. 

Posted

From rumors that I have seen floating around the net is the Dark Knight might be released on the 1st year anniversary in NA (early March) so maybe on March 1st or the 8th. What bigger way to celebrate than by releasing a new class? Again this is just a rumor but knowing Kakao it's believable. 

Posted

Well, as far as I'm aware they aren't going to release the Dark Knight with the Kamasylvia stuff, but rather before it. It took about 6 months for us to get the Margoria content after KR got it, and the Kamasylvia stuff along with the Dark Knight was released in KR back in December. Based on the fact that the 7 Day Trial page has included the Dark Knight as 'coming soon', I'm fairly certain she'll release without the Kamasylvia content.

As for other information, it might be good to note that, as far as I've been able to gather, the Dark Knight is Attack Speed and Melee Damage, though I'm not entirely certain if this holds true still with the Awakening or not, I only recall this from a conversation had on Reddit and it was before the Awakening was released for her.

Posted

The burst comes with the awakening, it is a kinda high burst that can deal pretty good damage. And I didn't say the skills were slow, I said they were fast but her normal attacks were slow ;)

Well, as far as I'm aware they aren't going to release the Dark Knight with the Kamasylvia stuff, but rather before it. It took about 6 months for us to get the Margoria content after KR got it, and the Kamasylvia stuff along with the Dark Knight was released in KR back in December.

They do want to catch up so we should get a faster release than KR, and then hopefully that she is released this month, if so at the end of it.

Posted

The burst comes with the awakening, it is a kinda high burst that can deal pretty good damage. And I didn't say the skills were slow, I said they were fast but her normal attacks were slow ;)

They do want to catch up so we should get a faster release than KR, and then hopefully that she is released this month, if so at the end of it.

I could see use getting the Dark Knight this month or next month, with Kamasylvia coming in April after being announced with the 1 year anniversary stuff. I don't think we'll get it 'this' soon after the KR release though even with them pushing for the NA/EU to get caught up with the KR releases. Overall content wise we were 6 months behind, if being generous, whereas with the classes we're only about a month or two behind at most. Kamasylvia will most like, as a result, come within about 3-4 months after the KR release of it, putting us at receiving it around March/April.

Posted

Kamasylvia will be "early this year", and the DK released before Kamasylvia in KR.  I'm expecting it sometime in February.  I hope we get a week's notice because I have a name/slot saved for mine.

Here's a good video of someone PvPing with an awakened DK:

Having played Awakened DK myself, this guy seems like the only one yet who understands her how to play her from all of the videos I've watched.  It isn't hard, it's just different from what people are used to so they don't know how to go about it, and end up going back to their main class (understandably, as picking up a new class and 'mastering it' to the point where you're comfortable isn't easy, especially if it's just an alt you rushed up to 56 and haven't even unlocked all of their skills).

AFK, meanwhile, is very great at it imho.  One of the best yet.

She actually flows amazingly, having played both Sorc and Kunoichi I'm surprised at how fluid she feels to play with awakening.  It isn't like anything I've experienced with Sorceress/Kunoichi/Witch.  I can't imagine how smooth the gameplay feels after you get to 58+!  I'm really excited for her, definitely going to main her when she comes out.  She's very underestimated, in my own opinion.

(Trying to get my hands on a Kzarka Box, Dande Box, and Kutum Box (or Kutum Ornamental Knot off the MP!).  No such luck yet, but I do have almost 50 Kutum Auras, so... almost halfway there to one of the goals.)

BTW, the awakening itself is the gauntlet, not the swords.  In awakening there are two modes that switch based on what attacks you do, the two-swords mode, and the double-handed sword mode.  Each of these modes have separate dye channels.  So for instance, you can have a bright blue two-handed sword in awakening mode, and then red floaty swords.  The gauntlet itself also has its own dye channels.

2017-01-26_44465189.thumb.JPG.506ef49ae6

Also, here are the Green and Blue awakening weps.  I don't have a dande (obviously) in KR, hoping to get one in NA/EU!

2017-01-26_44307234.thumb.JPG.52b148c069

Green

2017-01-26_44310587.thumb.JPG.65cf9eecac

Blue

1 person likes this

Posted

Having played Awakened DK myself, this guy seems like the only one yet who understands her how to play her from all of the videos I've watched.  It isn't hard, it's just different from what people are used to so they don't know how to go about it, and end up going back to their main class (understandably, as picking up a new class and 'mastering it' to the point where you're comfortable isn't easy, especially if it's just an alt you rushed up to 56 and haven't even unlocked all of their skills).

AFK, meanwhile, is very great at it imho.  One of the best yet.

She actually flows amazingly, having played both Sorc and Kunoichi I'm surprised at how fluid she feels to play with awakening.  It isn't like anything I've experienced with Sorceress/Kunoichi/Witch.  I can't imagine how smooth the gameplay feels after you get to 58+!  I'm really excited for her, definitely going to main her when she comes out.  She's very underestimated, in my own opinion.

Oh man, afk is back! You should've seen that guy back in the early days of KR; he was taking on entire guilds of people with his Eva Tamer, lol. Of course that was back with +15s and before Eva and Human Damage were nerfed, but still, top-level player right there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is there any Pearl Store outfits for the Dark Knight yet, by the way? Or any place where we can see them if there is?

Posted

Is there any Pearl Store outfits for the Dark Knight yet, by the way? Or any place where we can see them if there is?

Release armor
Awakening suit
Kinda all there is for her atm. And some shark suit.

Posted

Release Armor, Awakening Armor, and then the generic ones:  Maid Outfit, Treant Outfit, Desert Camouflage, etc.  She also has Karlstein, the Hanbok, and the Snowflake outfit.

KR's updating tonight, maybe we'll see more stuff ported over to her.  (Or maybe some new unique outfits?  It's a reach, I know.)

KR got the Valentine's outfit today.  (We actually got that one before them!)  Looks like it's (obviously) on Dark Knight:

l9ZPnV0.png

She will be coming in March:

1 person likes this