• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Make Musa Great Again 2017

187 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll try to keep this as short and concise as possible... 

The current in game meta essentially boils down who has more geared Warriors/Wizards/Zerkers and can coordinate their overpowered ultimates the best.  

While Musa isn't completely worthless in large scale like say Ninja's the class is none the less clearly on the low tier far behind other classes like Witch/Ranger/Sorc .  As someone that loves the class and playstyle it's frustrating to realize you'd be FAR more useful to your guild if you re-rolled one of the 3 current OP classes like everyone and their kid sister appears to be currently doing in game and depressing when you think about how much time and effort you've sunk into this currently undertuned class.

With that in mind, and the fact that class balancing was supposedly planned after all classes received their awakenings I'd like you guys (the CM's and PM's hopefully reading this thread) to seriously consider making some changes to bring this class back to relevancy.  

It won't take that much, just a few tweaks would go a long way.  Suggestions include the following:

1. Add Super Armor to Projection - A wizard can invincible double teleport into the middle of my entire team and freely fire off his 100% ultimate from the safety of Super Armor and wipe everyone in an 4 block radius..  Yet 9 times out of 10 when I use Musa's Projection 100% I'm interrupted before it actually triggers or melted during it's 9 hour animation. Either triple it's distance or add SA, preferably add SA.  Simple fix.
  2. Replace Spinner with a grab - This skill is completely unusable in PvP due to the lack of SA or frontal guard and makes an already limited kit that much more limited.  A major flaw with the class is the inability to deal with classes that can endlessly turtle with block so replacing a worthless Spinner skill nobody uses with a grab would address 2 problems with 1 fix.  
  3. Greatly reduce cooldown on Stub Arrow - as someone that enjoyed the base Musa kit, it's a shame I can rarely use it anymore due to the lack of CC protection.  With everyone dashing around spamming Super Armor and frontal guard skills 99% of the time it's virtually impossible to land a Stub Arrow now a days which used to be a staple CC opener for the class to create gap closing/damage opportunities.  Add the 15s cooldown to the equation and you quickly realize it's rather pointless to even bother switching back to blade post-awakening to try and land this skill.  If this skill was more spammable like say 2s or 3s it would really open up more mixed kit combos and allow people to do something else besides spam chase around like a headless chicken passively waiting for an opening.  

If anyone else has any other ideas/suggestions feel free to add them to this thread but IMO these 3 fixes would greatly help bring the class more in line with the other top tier classes.

Oh and on a more general note please fix the ridiculous AP scaling differences between classes.  The amount of AP this class seemingly needs to be competitive compared to other classes (*cough* Warrior *cough*) is ridiculous.  I shouldn't need 300 AP to do what other classes can do with 200.  With how difficult and costly it is to make even small AP gains in this game it's beyond frustrating.

Thanks!

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo @CM_Yukimura @PM_Jouska

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree Musa definitely needs some tweaks, but nothing outrageous. 

Super armour on projection would be nice but I think even just frontal guard would suffice, right now its pretty much used to chase cancel projection to desync targets chasing you as another opening, and to switch from blade to glaive during combos. And maybe use the 100% on the bridges during the wagon event lol

Now a grab would be insane, it would basically turn us into ultimate killing machines. Just think of the havoc we would wreck against non turtle classes, salt everywhere. No, I don't think giving us a grab is the answer. Sorcs are doing fine without one. Changing spinners damage would be better, make it do BIG DAMAGE in PvP with Air and Down attack modifiers on the 2nd and 3rd hits, or make it a stun instead of a floating with just better damage.

I like the idea of reducing cooldown on stub, although still very sketchy to use in larger scale PvP, the fact you get animation locked is bad. Not sure how to fix this problem, guess its just one of the downfalls of a range stiff (yes....just a stiff......).

In the end we need to have enough AP to kill our opponent on 1 bound combo basically, which is pretty -----ing ridiculous really. Need to be stacked on brutal's atleast to have a chance against some classes. Maybe make BtB a knockdown? Or atleast the "special" knockdown warriors get. Maybe then we'd have enough time to throw in some weak crosscuts at the end of a combo, or be a lot more effective in larger scale knocking down huge groups rather then just bounding them.

Edit: Or just remove the "Damage reduced in PvP" from half our skills :)

Edited by Bud
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Super armour on projection would be nice but I think even just frontal guard would suffice, right now its pretty much used to chase cancel projection to desync targets chasing you as another opening, and to switch from blade to glaive during combos. And maybe use the 100% on the bridges during the wagon event lol

Even when chase canceled the delay on the actual projection drives me crazy and makes it too easy to avoid.  But you're right even just frontal guard would work.  Either or is fine as long as they do something.  

Now a grab would be insane, it would basically turn us into ultimate killing machines. Just think of the havoc we would wreck against non turtle classes, salt everywhere. No, I don't think giving us a grab is the answer. Sorcs are doing fine without one. Changing spinners damage would be better, make it do BIG DAMAGE in PvP with Air and Down attack modifiers on the 2nd and 3rd hits, or make it a stun instead of a floating with just better damage.

I respectfully disagree here.  If the game is indeed supposed to be balanced around large scale (as their buffs to Zerks would indicate) giving Musa a grab isn't going to break the game (anymore than it already is in large scale).  Besides, if they think it's perfectly fine to give grabs to BIG DAMAGE classes like Ranger and Wizard I can't think of a valid reason why every other class shouldn't have one.  IMO the best solution would be to give every class a grab since they're such an advantaged component of 1v1 and small scale.  

I like the idea of reducing cooldown on stub, although still very sketchy to use in larger scale PvP, the fact you get animation locked is bad. Not sure how to fix this problem, guess its just one of the downfalls of a range stiff (yes....just a stiff......).

In the end we need to have enough AP to kill our opponent on 1 bound combo basically, which is pretty -----ing ridiculous really. Need to be stacked on brutal's atleast to have a chance against some classes. Maybe make BtB a knockdown? Or atleast the "special" knockdown warriors get. Maybe then we'd have enough time to throw in some weak crosscuts at the end of a combo, or be a lot more effective in larger scale knocking down huge groups rather then just bounding them.

Edit: Or just remove the "Damage reduced in PvP" from half our skills :)

I agree with everything you said here.  It's hard to tell if it's desync or what but the CCs could definitely use some tweaking around.  Switch those around and perhaps I don't feel like I need 300 AP to be competitive.

Edited by Kvn

Posted (edited)

I agree Musa is bad in large scale PVP, and in 1v1 you need higher gear than your opponent to actually win!
I thought Musa was the king of super armor until they release Wizard/Witch awakening which got almost their skills with block and/or superamor! Like what?
Musa's block is not efficient, musa super armor's melt so fast, litterally so fast, and doesn't prevent you from taking damage.
Musa's DP is so low, HP is low, with the same gear Warrior has 30 more DP.

On a side note, why a class like Ranger that has more arsenals than Musa has grab? It's weird, now Wizard has grab as well.
Sorc is fine without grab because they can jump behind you, at any direction and with their floating skills they can take down enemy easily from behind.

Edited by Jibz

Posted

Those changes would make us too strong. 

Fixing Imo would be;

1st. Make BtB a knockdown/make fiery cleave a down smash (either of these would be fine) 

2nd. Drastically reduce the CD of our shift+Q or give us super armour on cast. (Mae version reduces dp, does damage and is on a shorter cd) 

3rd. increase our base acc. (seriously our acc modifiers are complete shite!) 

4th. Reduce the CD of our bow shots. 

5th. remove the stamina cost from our awakened dash (this goes for mae as well) 

We do not need a grab and i personally do not want a grab. I think all these changes are self explanatory. 

The funny thing is we dont even need all these changes maybe just 3/5 and we instantly become very competitive again. 

(This is basically just copy pasted from another topic) 

6 people like this

Posted

Would like to quote GM on this.

@CM_Aethon

Posted

Yea I have to agree with Cryptid, those are some really good ideas too btw (especially 1, 2 and 5). I'd only want a grab if it was "can only be used against blocking targets" or something similar, we'd be way to strong if we could grab chain combo every class willy nilly. There's a difference between competitive and plain outright OP.

Posted (edited)

Those changes would make us too strong. 

Fixing Imo would be;

1st. Make BtB a knockdown/make fiery cleave a down smash (either of these would be fine) 

2nd. Drastically reduce the CD of our shift+Q or give us super armour on cast. (Mae version reduces dp, does damage and is on a shorter cd) 

3rd. increase our base acc. (seriously our acc modifiers are complete shite!) 

4th. Reduce the CD of our bow shots. 

5th. remove the stamina cost from our awakened dash (this goes for mae as well) 

We do not need a grab and i personally do not want a grab. I think all these changes are self explanatory. 

The funny thing is we dont even need all these changes maybe just 3/5 and we instantly become very competitive again. 

(This is basically just copy pasted from another topic) 

:/Completely agree with everything you said, but I don't find the class to be in a bad state at all and still competitive.  Honestly I just want the dash spam back...the stamina bullcrap came with a buff to our speed(and nerfed to super armors from iframes), which then got nerfed again...please PA.  Why can warriors dash infinitely(including charging thrust from base class for a quick burst of speed on a 6.5s cooldown with NO cost) while we can't as the "fastest" class in game?  Why did we even get nerfs to our class when warriors have everything we have + a grab and a standing block with super armor?  How come maehwas are getting buffed to the same speed as musas, when they have an extra iframe dash and a standing block to compensate for the speed difference?  

Again, I think we're still in a decent spot in overall class balance, but I am becoming worried that this class will eventually drop off as one of those niche classes that people only play because they want to rp a fkin blade wielder.  At the very least, keep the status quo and I'd be happy to be honest.(and pray that the new supposed "mainhand awakenings" don't screw us over)

Edited by pcid93
1 person likes this

Posted

:/Completely agree with everything you said, but I don't find the class to be in a bad state at all and still competitive.  Honestly I just want the dash spam back...the stamina bullcrap came with a buff to our speed(and nerfed to super armors from iframes), which then got nerfed again...please PA.  Why can warriors dash infinitely(including charging thrust from base class for a quick burst of speed on a 6.5s cooldown with NO cost) while we can't as the "fastest" class in game?  Why did we even get nerfs to our class when warriors have everything we have + a grab and a standing block with super armor?  How come maehwas are getting buffed to the same speed as musas, when they have an extra iframe dash and a standing block to compensate for the speed difference?  

Again, I think we're still in a decent spot in overall class balance, but I am becoming worried that this class will eventually drop off as one of those niche classes that people only play because they want to rp a fkin blade wielder.  At the very least, keep the status quo and I'd be happy to be honest.(and pray that the new supposed "mainhand awakenings" don't screw us over)

I agree we are in a decent spot, which Is why I think kvns changes are too much. We just need a few quality of life changes and we are golden. 

Posted

At the moment Musa has NO CLASS ADVANTAGE but RUNNING LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN and kill your enemy with DIZZINESS. Really! Everyone has SA and the grab to fight Musa while the mighty Musa can only DASH like a maniac to run away.

What the point???

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree we are in a decent spot, which Is why I think kvns changes are too much. We just need a few quality of life changes and we are golden. 

You guys would make terrible negotiators lol.  You always start off aiming high so when you inevitably have to settle on a compromise you actually get something.

That said, you can make an argument for all the lower tier classes being "in a decent spot" if you try hard enough, but that's besides the point.  The argument I'm making here is that given the current meta and reality of how large scale node/seige wars play out now there is absolutely no point to continue wasting our time playing this class if you want to actually be useful to your guild. 

Not only are do we have to work twice as hard with twice the gear/risk, we're flat out handicapping our guilds that would be much better off replacing our roster spots with another Warrior/Wizard/Zerk and to a lesser extent Witch/Ranger/Sorc.  

We've already seen guilds start kicking members and purging their rosters of low tier short sword classes, how much longer until Musa's start getting kicked?  I really don't want to see this game turn into Warrior/Wizard/Zerk Desert Online.  Speaking for myself and my guild I know that lots of people are getting discouraged at the current state of the game and are re-rolling from their preferred classes simply because they're sick of being useless in node wars and actually want to feel like they contribute.  I'm getting pretty close to giving up on this class myself and going back to my old Wizard I dumped for Musa back when they released the class.  

Hearing and seeing fellow Musa's with better gear than me giving up and re-rolling doesn't exactly give me much motivation to continue wasting my time farming billions for another TET or ring upgrade trying to get 250+ AP that will ultimately make zero difference when I could level my Wizard back up and roll my face on the keyboard with 200 AP and not only be useful but carry in node wars.

That all said, IMO the solution isn't to nerf the OP classes into the floor but to lift up the under performing classes.  I'd rather have all the classes be considered OP then all the classes being nerfed to sucking the same, or worse the current situation where only a select few classes are allowed to be OP for some reason.  Would my suggestions possibly make the class overtuned?  Perhaps, but if every class is overtuned does it really matter?  I mean if it's apparently totally fine to give Ranger a grab where they can burst someone from 100-0 with a 2 second grab combo what's the big deal with giving Musa a grab?

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with @Cryptid. We need a few touch ups here and there. But a good Musa is no where near bottom tier in PvP. In almost all my node wars as a commander. I usually average around 6.00 K/D. 

I hate to be that guy, but I think maybe some of you guys need to stop spamming BtB/Crosscut and don't use those BJGODNA videos as a benchmark for a Musa. Because in my opinion he's pretty poop.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with @Cryptid. We need a few touch ups here and there. But a good Musa is no where near bottom tier in PvP. In almost all my node wars as a commander. I usually average around 6.00 K/D. 

I hate to be that guy, but I think maybe some of you guys need to stop spamming BtB/Crosscut and don't use those BJGODNA videos as a benchmark for a Musa. Because in my opinion he's pretty poop.

showing off without credibility backed by evidence and data. Ye, say git gud is enough ok? 

Posted

showing off without credibility backed by evidence and data. Ye, say git gud is enough ok? 

Fair enough.

pvp1.PNG

pvp2.PNG

PVP3.PNG

Posted

*sigh* We've been thru this before guys.  Posting screen shots with 0 context add nothing to this discussion.  You could be fighting under geared trashcans for all we know.  Or maybe not and you're mechanically the best Musa player in NA or EU...  Congrats man, but either way your singular experience doesn't magically negate obvious balance issues with this class and the other classes.  

Posting some good node war scores doesn't make everyone else that wants a more balanced game/class some scrub that only spams BTB/Crosscut.  I've been at the top of my guilds leader boards too, that doesn't mean the class is perfect because I had a good night.  

The bottom line is only way to get issues addressed in MMOs is to complain about them loudly to make the Devs aware and repeatedly until they actually do something to address them. The squeaky wheel gets the oil right.  Claiming things are fine and calling other people scrubs because you are doing OK accomplishes nothing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

*sigh* We've been thru this before guys.  Posting screen shots with 0 context add nothing to this discussion.  You could be fighting under geared trashcans for all we know.  Or maybe not and you're mechanically the best Musa player in NA or EU...  Congrats man, but either way your singular experience doesn't magically negate obvious balance issues with this class and the other classes.  

Posting some good node war scores doesn't make everyone else that wants a more balanced game/class some scrub that only spams BTB/Crosscut.  I've been at the top of my guilds leader boards too, that doesn't mean the class is perfect because I had a good night.  

The bottom line is only way to get issues addressed in MMOs is to complain about them loudly to make the Devs aware and repeatedly until they actually do something to address them. The squeaky wheel gets the oil right.  Claiming things are fine and calling other people scrubs because you are doing OK accomplishes nothing. 

The person above wanted evidence to my previous response so I gave it to them. Although us having a grapple would be amazing. Especially the fact that we have a skill called "Grapple fracking arrow" and it doesn't grapple. However In my experience I win a lot more of the fights then lose. I shine bright in GVG/Node wars and arena's. I'm not saying i'm the best Musa NA, but most of the Musa's I do encounter aren't really good. 

If they did adjust the class you wanted. We'd have fun two months until they nerfed us down to the ground. Instead of trying to give us a buff, they need to adjust the top tier.

Rangers - Remove their grab or reduce the damage of Nature's tremble.

Warriors - Remove 360 block. Classes without  a grab can't do shit to a semi-good warrior with gear

Sorc - Remove or reduce the damage on their sorc ball. Also Increase the Cooldown on Grim Reaper. (One of the dumbest skills in the game. You can teleport and have super armor when using it.)

If I had to fix one thing, I'd say either let crust crusher do more damage or give us super armor while doing it. (Also fix the desync with foul play.)

1 person likes this

Posted

i'd also fix ap scaling if possible, im seeing other classes with 30 less ap, doing more dmg than me :|

Posted

I mean if you want, I can make a list of stuff we will never get that would make us op.

I would much rather give the devs a list of things that actually have a chance of being implemented.

Lets be real here for a second, we are never getting a grab, so why even talk about it like its a possiblity? its a waste of energy.

Posted

I mean if you want, I can make a list of stuff we will never get that would make us op.

I would much rather give the devs a list of things that actually have a chance of being implemented.

Lets be real here for a second, we are never getting a grab, so why even talk about it like its a possiblity? its a waste of energy.

Considering the Devs are Korean and likely don't read English the best you can hope for is having Kakao contact them and tell them what we in NA/EU think, which they're not going to take the time out of their day to do when they're already short-handed and need to work on getting us up to date with KR. 

Nothing we say on these forums is going to be handed over to the actual Devs, they're doing all their balancing from the KR game and porting it over to the other servers, if you want to make a difference learn to type in Korean and go to the official BDO website and make a post there. :P

Posted

Welp, just ran into the ultimate cancer evasion build 187AP/302DP Wizard.  That was fun.  Apparently I need PEN RCE x2, PEN Tree Spirit Belt, and PEN Kutum along with 250+AP and 400+DP to compete with that build.  Nearly impossible to land a CC and if by some miracle I did land one he was back on his feet 10 feet to my side in .5 seconds (thanks desync!) and teleported away and healed to full.... chase spam around some more baiting out his moves waiting for another opening and rinse repeat until he inevitably lands a CC on me and it's game over.

This class/kit is like Dark Souls BDO.  Make 1 mistake as a blader, get CC'd once, and it's GG.  

Btw, no clue why people continue to complain about our chase spam.  It's laughably inferior to how it used to be.  Actually had a few instances where his spells CC'd me during the gap they added between chases, so that was cool.  Not that it was even necessary for him to CC me anyways since he could just wait for his 100% and 1 shot my 283 DP thru block/guard and the SA on fiery angel/chase when trying to engage/disengage.  

Why exactly am I wasting my time playing this class again lol?  Even if they gave us a grab it wouldn't have mattered.  Wizards are just way to strong.  Kits has everything and no trade off or downside.  I give it a few weeks before this is the new meta wizard build if it isn't already.  No point going full AP glass cannon when you can still one shot with 187 AP lol.  Can't wait to fight node wars with guilds full of untouchable evasion wizards 1 shotting everyone lol.  #Feelsbad.

Someone should make a 40 Warrior, 40 evasion wizard, and 10 zerk guild for lulz.  Imagine the aids that would be.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Idk man...if I need an ego boost I go pick on wizards. Generally against fast gap closers like a musa if the wiz decides to switch to staff to heal then he's dead meat pretty fast, unless he's smart and using it as a deliberate bait.

I mean you could also just brawl them and trade SA hits off, it works if you have high enough AP. Kind of like fighting another musa.

I guess maybe you were fighting an exceptionally skilled player? Lots of scary af ones out there, can't feel too bad best to acknowledge defeat and respect him :) 

If you have a recording device you should try capture fights!

Edited by Bud

Posted

Welp, just ran into the ultimate cancer evasion build 187AP/302DP Wizard.  That was fun.  Apparently I need PEN RCE x2, PEN Tree Spirit Belt, and PEN Kutum along with 250+AP and 400+DP to compete with that build.  Nearly impossible to land a CC and if by some miracle I did land one he was back on his feet 10 feet to my side in .5 seconds (thanks desync!) and teleported away and healed to full.... chase spam around some more baiting out his moves waiting for another opening and rinse repeat until he inevitably lands a CC on me and it's game over.

This class/kit is like Dark Souls BDO.  Make 1 mistake as a blader, get CC'd once, and it's GG.  

Btw, no clue why people continue to complain about our chase spam.  It's laughably inferior to how it used to be.  Actually had a few instances where his spells CC'd me during the gap they added between chases, so that was cool.  Not that it was even necessary for him to CC me anyways since he could just wait for his 100% and 1 shot my 283 DP thru block/guard and the SA on fiery angel/chase when trying to engage/disengage.  

Why exactly am I wasting my time playing this class again lol?  Even if they gave us a grab it wouldn't have mattered.  Wizards are just way to strong.  Kits has everything and no trade off or downside.  I give it a few weeks before this is the new meta wizard build if it isn't already.  No point going full AP glass cannon when you can still one shot with 187 AP lol.  Can't wait to fight node wars with guilds full of untouchable evasion wizards 1 shotting everyone lol.  #Feelsbad.

Someone should make a 40 Warrior, 40 evasion wizard, and 10 zerk guild for lulz.  Imagine the aids that would be.

Wizards and Witches are still easy to kill... Bait them into double teleporting to you then hit them with Q or Shift-Q, if that doesn't work just get straight up in their face and half health them. When they switch to heal, GG EZ kill. 

The guy didn't win because he was a Wizard, he won because Musa doesn't have enough skills to apply pressure all the time. Spinner and it's flow take up a good chunk of our skill tree and absolutely suck. Projection and Extra Credit are only viable in 1v1s and don't do enough damage or have a reliable CC, if you cast it far away it won't CC at all because only the first few hits float, and ontop of that he was an evasion/DP Wizard. 

Posted

【Musa】

● Graphic improved on the collar part of the costume Mt. Palgong.

They are working hard on it guys, don't worry. *Insert Kappa Face Here*

Posted (edited)

Idk man...if I need an ego boost I go pick on wizards. Generally against fast gap closers like a musa if the wiz decides to switch to staff to heal then he's dead meat pretty fast, unless he's smart and using it as a deliberate bait.

Yes, typically that's the case but that clearly didn't apply here against this guys evasion build.  Anytime I was actually able to get him low enough to have to heal he'd simply evade my CC attempt during his heals.  Evading my Fiery Angel gap close/interrupt resulted in getting CC'd and 1 shot as soon as the animation finished as I'm desperately spamming my buttons to chase back away knowing what's about to come... and whiffing on bow stun meant the fight was effectively starting over.  Clearly the 3% accuracy on stun arrow and 10% accuracy on FA were doing me no favors.  IMO they need to majorly buff the Accuracy modifiers on our skills across the board.  

I mean you could also just brawl them and trade SA hits off, it works if you have high enough AP. Kind of like fighting another musa.

Wizards have more SA compared to Musa to make this a consistently reliable strategy, especially once you factor in his evasion/DP build.  Believe me I quickly learned that strat was not going to be an option fighting this guy.  Against an AP stacking glass cannon Wizard sure I could probably pull that off, but with this evasion/DP trying to trade SA's was simply not an option.  I would need a ridiculous amount of AP that will likely take me I dunno 5+ months of grinding and playing the casino to get if I'm lucky.

I guess maybe you were fighting an exceptionally skilled player? Lots of scary af ones out there, can't feel too bad best to acknowledge defeat and respect him :) 

Trust me I'm not the type that still hangs out at Sausans as a level 60 picking fights with level 58 undergeared plebs lol.  In this particular instance I was the #4 guy on the channel and he was the #3 guy on the channel so it was a pretty even fight (class/gear imbalances aside).  I forget his name but he was from Alloy which is a strong guild with some very good players and he definitely knew how to play his class and 1 v 1.  I had a cordial chat with him after I finally gave up.  Seemed like a good guy.  I always have respect for other good players I come across and fight.  I'm more just frustrated at the very obvious shortcomings with this class and how ridiculously OP that type of build is on a Wizard that knows how to play.  

It's just frustrating knowing the ridiculous amount of gear this class needs to be competitive.  Then compare that to how quick and easy it would be to put together a 187 AP evasion build and absolutely face roll on a wizard.  It's like why bother having to work twice as hard during the fight, having to play flawlessly making zero mistakes, needing to grind and play the RNG casino 5x's longer when I could instantly slap together that build in 1 day and make as many mistakes as I want since I just heal to full and start again lol.  Probably why everyone and their kid sister is re-rolling Wiz/Witches right now. 

Wizards and Witches are still easy to kill... Bait them into double teleporting to you then hit them with Q or Shift-Q, if that doesn't work just get straight up in their face and half health them. When they switch to heal, GG EZ kill. 

Yeah bad ones are still free kills but ones that actually know how to play and have the gear to back it up (which isn't hard for their classes) are borderline unkillable 1 v 1.  

The guy didn't win because he was a Wizard, he won because Musa doesn't have enough skills to apply pressure all the time. Spinner and it's flow take up a good chunk of our skill tree and absolutely suck. Projection and Extra Credit are only viable in 1v1s and don't do enough damage or have a reliable CC, if you cast it far away it won't CC at all because only the first few hits float, and ontop of that he was an evasion/DP Wizard. 

100% Agree with this.  Hence why I made this thread.  For some reason the non-musa players still think this class is godmode OP or something based on how cancer the chase spam was back before all the nerfs.  IMO this class needs adjustments and fixes across the board.  I simply want to bring attention to our situation and standing in the current meta and offered up 3 quick ideas I thought would be helpful but there are for sure plenty of other areas that need attention like everything you mentioned above.  I'm hoping eventually the Devs take note and do something but I'm not holding my breath hence why I'm gearing my Wizard back up (just need to get him a Dandy) so I can swap back to him if I want once I finish getting my musa to 61.  

Edited by Kvn
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Cannot agree anymore on Musa skill tree. At least Maehwa has useful dueling skills and all the flow are good. Meanwhile:

- Musa spinner is a joke! No protection, long cast time, float CC 1 hit (or 2?) only work off CD that is slow as hell. In melee range, that spells death.

- Spinner flow is a joke too because you have to stand there and eat every blow before pulling that bound. 5 seconds of "please cc me or kill me".

- One step back flow has rather okay damage yet it protections is unreliable. As soon as musa swings his mushindo blade the iframe wears off!!! What the point? 0.5 second of iframe???

- Extra credit flow or projection suffers the same problem as spinner. Long cast time, no protection, eat CC in the face. Again, melee range combat without any tool to defense. Long cast time means the opponent needs to be cced before the hit even shoot out.

- Crush crusher.... oh man.... LONG cast time again with 3 seconds animation. It is so dem long that I can run 2 circle around before that hit comes out. Foul play is the same as extra credit.

Half of Musa awakening is about asking to be killed: long cast, no protection, melee ranged cc. How do these even manage to come out??? If it is long cast, it needs to have protection or cc. Everyone has super armor in awakening or stupid block!!! How do you even cc in the first place? If you do cc, it is a bound or a float with 1.5 second recovery so maximum 1 slow skill or 2 fast skills can be used.

Wait... did I say half of musa skill is so slow? therefore everyone use the 3 skills combo I'm rite?

Edited by mickey3333
5 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0