• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Make Musa Great Again 2017

187 posts in this topic

Posted

We know our class very well Kayray, I'm known in EU to be a very competent Musa, same as @HOMRAH (who is part of a top tier Guild) we've actually fought and he's a very good musa as well. When we speak about issues musa has, it's because they are legitimate, and we have fought all types of players (Low leveled scrubs, high levels without gear, low level with gear, high level with gear), and the "bullsh.it" commes apparent in certain scenarios. Now, i don't know about most people, but i'm certainly not claming musa is thrash tier or D tier, we are "OK" at most, but definetly not in a top spot, and clearly with some issues to adress.

I'm gonna put you here, only one of the arguments why we believe we are lackluster compared to other classes, and i'm just gonna name Ranger, because well, it's very well known. Ranger can use 2-3 of their main skills putting them in CD during the fail(Name it Nature trembles, elven rage, Regeneration, whatever) and still manages to BURST YOU DOWN in an Open world potion fight if he catchs you with a little cc, while bieng extremely mobile and sneaky with the amount of iFrames and SA's a competent ranger cna pull off (And let's not speak about their massive evasion buffs). Now what happens if a musa misses Below the belt, or backflow? We're doomed, our combos are WORTHLESS if we miss even 1 skill and we happen to get a cc after that, you getting the point here? And we're talking same gear in both scenarios. Now you might also think we lack gear, I have 210 Kutum Ap, and over 220 ap with Nouver, so gear, is not the case here.

And this is just one example i can extend into many others.

No TL;DR.

I'm not here to say musa is perfect or that you are bad. I'm talking specifically to the people who keep assuming that musa is bad based on the arguments posted on this forum. If you look at what I said not once did I actually claim we didn't need a buff. I just stated that Musa isn't anywhere as bad or unplayable as people seem to think it is. And when i say this I don't want you to say I never said that since i'm talking not about you but about the number of people who said stuff like, oh I came back to Musa and now it feels hopeless and what not.

it's all good saints I was talking about exactly this on voice if you remember , people strolling in here that seems to know it all just post away haha. He's probably going to notice what we are talking about himself after he engaged in some pvp against 500+ gear score players of different classes 😃

I cannot help but feel that remark was extremely condescending, but ok.

fun combos and interactions? comprising of standing cc? just with awakening both of those statements are out of the window...... that applies to our non awakening which is just asking to be killed in a non 1v1, our awakening is just a downed cc with down atk, take that away all you have are unprotected stuns and stiffs which do no major dmg. another thing is we require more gear than other classes to be considered equal, if it was more skill ofc that'd be fun however simply having to outgear an opponent to kill them is a balance issue; another thing is our unreliable accuracy modifiers, i did a few floating crust crusher foul play combos on the same target, sometimes they'd survive on 20% hp after foulplay was done, sometimes they'd die after crust crusher; with 220ap and 2x tri rce still cant one combo some opponents with the btb combo or the float down smash foulplay combo reliably....The 

The damage we do isn't reliable, I'll agree to that. But we cannot just call the class bad or what not, or give up on the class simply because of the arguments that are made here. Like I said above, my comment was strictly directed to those who said they wanted to give up on the class or feel like it needs an overbearing number of buffs. If i made you feel otherwise I apologize. Now coming back to the first thing you said, that is absolutely not true. There are numerous ways in which u can combo your standing ccs. Assuming you aren't fighting a 360 block class, there are numerous ways in which you can combo your ccs. Lets take a class with a block, since potentially this is the hardest class to CC for musa. Poke at them with projection and or stub arrow. Dash to them while animation cancelling (shit is quick) dragon bite pan your camera around chase backwards and blooming. C swap -->cross cut -->twister -->shout --> crosscut --> backflow -->projection -->BTB --Crust cusher combo. IF this doesn't kill them, then you have a very large difference in GS. The combos exist, just need to try them.

I know someone will say, oh this is so much effort, and yea it is. But you won't need this most of the time, but the possibilities are there.

Posted

Dash to them while animation cancelling (shit is quick) dragon bite pan your camera around chase backwards and blooming. C swap -->cross cut -->twister -->shout --> crosscut --> backflow -->projection -->BTB --Crust cusher combo. IF this doesn't kill them, then you have a very large difference in GS. The combos exist, just need to try them.

I know someone will say, oh this is so much effort, and yea it is. But you won't need this most of the time, but the possibilities are there.

Theory crafting combos is so much fun but in reality our servers dont allow this kinda thing. 9/10 if you catch a target with stub arrow they desync and you can't commit or they teleport behind you and cc you. 

Not that i dont agree with you, you'll never see me calling musa weak, but we are underwhelming when compared to other classes. 

2 people like this

Posted

I'm not here to say musa is perfect or that you are bad. I'm talking specifically to the people who keep assuming that musa is bad based on the arguments posted on this forum. If you look at what I said not once did I actually claim we didn't need a buff. I just stated that Musa isn't anywhere as bad or unplayable as people seem to think it is. And when i say this I don't want you to say I never said that since i'm talking not about you but about the number of people who said stuff like, oh I came back to Musa and now it feels hopeless and what not.

The damage we do isn't reliable, I'll agree to that. But we cannot just call the class bad or what not, or give up on the class simply because of the arguments that are made here. Like I said above, my comment was strictly directed to those who said they wanted to give up on the class or feel like it needs an overbearing number of buffs. If i made you feel otherwise I apologize. Now coming back to the first thing you said, that is absolutely not true. There are numerous ways in which u can combo your standing ccs. Assuming you aren't fighting a 360 block class, there are numerous ways in which you can combo your ccs. Lets take a class with a block, since potentially this is the hardest class to CC for musa. Poke at them with projection and or stub arrow. Dash to them while animation cancelling (shit is quick) dragon bite pan your camera around chase backwards and blooming. C swap -->cross cut -->twister -->shout --> crosscut --> backflow -->projection -->BTB --Crust cusher combo. IF this doesn't kill them, then you have a very large difference in GS. The combos exist, just need to try them.

Certainly not unplayable, but when other classes work better, it's what makes people reroll and say musa is useless.

Posted

Dash to them while animation cancelling (shit is quick) dragon bite pan your camera around chase backwards and blooming. C swap -->cross cut -->twister -->shout --> crosscut --> backflow -->projection -->BTB --Crust cusher combo.

the main dmg there starts at backflow, crosscut without down atk doesn't do as much dmg and they'll 100% get up before you even finish crust crusher, the only way i found to use foul play combo with 100% down atk is to use q stun, one step back into a fiery angel and use hotkeyed crust crusher foul play, this does one combo ppl considering you land most of your hits, but the combo you mentioned above is good for keeping them cced, but the dmg is only the last 4 or so skills, and considering you're weaving so many cc they will start to lose effectiveness....

Posted

the main dmg there starts at backflow, crosscut without down atk doesn't do as much dmg and they'll 100% get up before you even finish crust crusher, the only way i found to use foul play combo with 100% down atk is to use q stun, one step back into a fiery angel and use hotkeyed crust crusher foul play, this does one combo ppl considering you land most of your hits, but the combo you mentioned above is good for keeping them cced, but the dmg is only the last 4 or so skills, and considering you're weaving so many cc they will start to lose effectiveness....

I haven't tried the one step back thing, I'll try it out. But in any case, it does decent damage, since you get a solid projection off on a cc'd target. If you are concerned about CC connecting then after shout you can cswap into F.bt into rising storm then projection.

Theory crafting combos is so much fun but in reality our servers dont allow this kinda thing. 9/10 if you catch a target with stub arrow they desync and you can't commit or they teleport behind you and cc you. 

Not that i dont agree with you, you'll never see me calling musa weak, but we are underwhelming when compared to other classes. 

These are actually reliable combos that, I find myself using. The 15% resistance nullifying helps a lot and although it might seem like a lot of ccs, there are only 3 ccs before actual lift, so its not that crazy, but yea you could get unlucky :/

Posted (edited)

I haven't tried the one step back thing, I'll try it out. But in any case, it does decent damage, since you get a solid projection off on a cc'd target. If you are concerned about CC connecting then after shout you can cswap into F.bt into rising storm then projection.

These are actually reliable combos that, I find myself using. The 15% resistance nullifying helps a lot and although it might seem like a lot of ccs, there are only 3 ccs before actual lift, so its not that crazy, but yea you could get unlucky :/

If I compare clips from before we had awakening to now, i used to be able to cc someone literally forever. Working in divider to reset a stun>stiffness. This is no longer possible, at least on eu. (its not an acc issue on my end) Glaive combos just dont interact in the same way as blade combos :( 

Edited by Cryptid

Posted

This cc Chain has also one problem, you're using Shout right after twister, nullyfing twister stiff, you can move a crosscut in between those 2, meaning Twister>crosscut>shout>crosscut>backflow, etc.

Not something i use myself, but it's a little improvement i found could be made into your combo.

+1 for that Combo Valient, didn't know it, might have to try the dmg of it.

Posted

This cc Chain has also one problem, you're using Shout right after twister, nullyfing twister stiff, you can move a crosscut in between those 2, meaning Twister>crosscut>shout>crosscut>backflow, etc.

Not something i use myself, but it's a little improvement i found could be made into your combo.

In an ideal world, yea. But I find myself re positioning to get to the back and i'm usually afraid the stagger won't last long nuff, but yea ideally id throw in a cross cut there.

Posted

In an ideal world, yea. But I find myself re positioning to get to the back and i'm usually afraid the stagger won't last long nuff, but yea ideally id throw in a cross cut there.

If i can do Dbite>c>Crosscut>backflow, without the Dbite stun wearing off, for the backflow stiff to come No probs, you should be able to throw in a simple crosscut between a twister and a shout

Posted (edited)

yea but Dbite is a stun, don't stuns last longer than staggers? But no you're right, cus you use stagger from stub to catch people. I'm just paranoid i guess.

Edited by Kayray

Posted

for the down smash on crust to apply you'll have to spam that hotkey while running during fiery angel and hope that float goes off.

Posted (edited)

yea but Dbite is a stun, don't stuns last longer than staggers? But no you're right, cus you use stagger from stub to catch people. I'm just paranoid i guess.

stuns and stiffnesses dont have a set timer :)  each one is unique

Edited by Cryptid

Posted

stuns and stiffnesses dont have a set timer :)  each one is unique

O.o i know that some stuns are longer, but i kinda just assumed that a stagger was a very short flinch. Know what i mean?

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry if what I said seemed condescending it really isn't my intention my temper just gets the better of me when someone refutes the statements made by several musas I've fought and myself in a ( we aren't so bad statement) no one said we are abhorrently bad we are just pointing out mechanics that doesn't make sense and often compare them to other classes now I could write an essay of what I think is just wrong with musa having 2 non viable skills in awakening is one of them for starters. And like cryptid said all those combos do look fully functional on paper and very viabke aswell but believe me that a blader in practice is so much different. With that said I hope you and everyone planning to pick up musa reaches the goal they want with it and enjoy it ✊ and +1 @Valient for that combo maybe I'll start using one step back haha. And I know a lot of people think the musa forums is a complete bag of salt but if there is no one complaining with viable alternatives then how should we expect a change? A lot of other classes complained on their sub forums aswell and they got theyrs

Edited by HOMRAH

Posted

And I know a lot of people think the musa forums is a complete bag of salt but if there is no one complaining with viable alternatives then how should we expect a change? A lot of other classes complained on their sub forums aswell and they got theyrs

Some people came with ideas but if developers can't figure out a way no player can. There's no communication whatsoever from anyone, it doesn't really feel like they care at all.

Posted

I'm sorry if what I said seemed condescending it really isn't my intention my temper just gets the better of me when someone refutes the statements made by several musas I've fought and myself in a ( we aren't so bad statement) no one said we are abhorrently bad we are just pointing out mechanics that doesn't make sense and often compare them to other classes now I could write an essay of what I think is just wrong with musa having 2 non viable skills in awakening is one of them for starters. And like cryptid said all those combos do look fully functional on paper and very viabke aswell but believe me that a blader in practice is so much different. With that said I hope you and everyone planning to pick up musa reaches the goal they want with it and enjoy it ✊ and +1 @Valient for that combo maybe I'll start using one step back haha. And I know a lot of people think the musa forums is a complete bag of salt but if there is no one complaining with viable alternatives then how should we expect a change? A lot of other classes complained on their sub forums aswell and they got theyrs

Understandable. My stance on the thing comes from the fact that there are too many people who simply claim that Musa isn't viable and when discussing Musa vs X matchup the answer I get, has most often been "Nothing you can do" / "Reroll". I don't like how people are so quick to give up on a class, even before actually getting to know it. If my comments came off as anything other than that, you have my apologies. :)

Posted (edited)

Understandable. My stance on the thing comes from the fact that there are too many people who simply claim that Musa isn't viable and when discussing Musa vs X matchup the answer I get, has most often been "Nothing you can do" / "Reroll". I don't like how people are so quick to give up on a class, even before actually getting to know it. If my comments came off as anything other than that, you have my apologies. :)

I think most of it comes out of jokes, i mean even ourselves joke internally how to git gud is to reroll. Also musa subforums are filled with garbage too, like most of the musa posters are always the same, be it Cryptid, Valient, Homrah, Dellboy, Solrik or me, i mean you can see post from us from 1 year ago over here, all the others (sorry if i forgot any other of the loyal ones over here) are new junk, or people that already left/rerolled.

Edited by SinisterSaints
2 people like this

Posted

To be honest you really shouldn't pay too much attention to the musa forums.  Find and try to poke the brains of high lvl musas in game.  The most you can get from a sub-forum like this is when you are new to the game and need basic tips and tricks about the class.  1v1, the class can fight anyone, while only having trouble with -good- warriors and valks.  We also hold our own in group pvp, but just not on the level of witches, wizards, sorcs, and warriors.

1 person likes this

Posted

To be honest you really shouldn't pay too much attention to the musa forums.  Find and try to poke the brains of high lvl musas in game.  The most you can get from a sub-forum like this is when you are new to the game and need basic tips and tricks about the class.  1v1, the class can fight anyone, while only having trouble with -good- warriors and valks.  We also hold our own in group pvp, but just not on the level of witches, wizards, sorcs, and warriors.

Oh ma boi pcid93 i forgot about you! Words of truth here

Posted

Reroll warrior.

rerollwarrior.png

Posted (edited)

Reroll warrior.

rerollwarrior.png

Never! We might be gimped, but I refuse to leave my musa (even though I QQ a lot about its current state).
#Musa4Lyfu
#MakeMusaGreatAgain2017

I will get our great musa buffs and make the wizards pay for them!

trumpamericagreatagain_V2TET.thumb.png.1

Edited by Rip
relevant image editing
2 people like this

Posted

I think most of it comes out of jokes, i mean even ourselves joke internally how to git gud is to reroll. Also musa subforums are filled with garbage too, like most of the musa posters are always the same, be it Cryptid, Valient, Homrah, Dellboy, Solrik or me, i mean you can see post from us from 1 year ago over here, all the others (sorry if i forgot any other of the loyal ones over here) are new junk, or people that already left/rerolled.

I've been reading this since august, didn't reroll, progressing really slow tho but.. CarL is also posting here sometimes I know he's a musa from Ember.

Posted (edited)

I've been reading this since august, didn't reroll, progressing really slow tho but.. CarL is also posting here sometimes I know he's a musa from Ember.

Ya, seen him in game a bit, but he's the most QQer of all us xD Probably just joking like most of us tho. Since he clearly could have the wealth to reroll

Edited by SinisterSaints

Posted (edited)

Ya, seen him in game a bit, but he's the most QQer of all us xD Probably just joking like most of us tho. Since he clearly could have the wealth to reroll

The bound a true musa has towards his class is stronger than any wealth...we know that.

Only weaklings with lack of will and honor do this kind of things:

fallen2.thumb.jpg.86ab3f1bcdc6584b90abd8

Shame.

----------------------------------------------------------

Now on a serious note. I think most of the musas who are considered "end game tier players" (if we can call them like that) QQ as a way of coping with our current state and are just having some fun with their disgrace. 
Personally when I QQ it's most of the times pure banter even though sometimes there's a little drop of truth behind the loud crying. 

If any new musa reads the thread this far:

Please don't give up on the class because of what you read on the forums, just have fun and enjoy the game and the class. Someday we'll get what we're fighting for...we know we deserve it.

Edited by Rip
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah this class is fun. 

feelsbadman.png:x

Edited by Bobo

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0