• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You where robbed

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Many years ago the Game Engines and PC's didn't support the draw speeds they do today, let alone the graphic details.  There have been major improvements in the technologies every year in one form or another.

The games also limited the movement speed of players intentionally.  It was to keep the game in balance.

The developers of BDO had the option to do this, but instead they chose to give excessive movement to players.  This decision has robbed players of any chance to have a realistic PVP system.  It's the core reason why DP means nothing, it's the reason for the massive amount of CC, and chain grabs.

What they did was ensure the games PVP would be terrible for the entire lifespan of the game.

In the older games you couldn't instant escape from opponents.

They built a defect into the game that may never be fixed.

You got robbed.

3 people like this

Posted

Time to recharge.

Posted

Bruh...  easy with the drugs...  drink some water and get some sleep.  Also take the tinfoil hat off, it actually amplifies radio waves and not blocks them!

13 people like this

Posted

I began to think about whether or not I should start blocking people on forum, so I don't have to see these kind of whining post every day....like..really~ 

4 people like this

Posted

were

Posted (edited)

I began to think about whether or not I should start blocking people on forum, so I don't have to see these kind of whining post every day....like..really~ 

People will be posting about RNG, DP, class imbalance, poor quality PVP for years, and they are correct.

However, not many will be keen enough to know this is the major stem of MANY of those issues.

Edited by Xpert

Posted

Ya, the simplicity of other MMO's actually made for better PvP than what BDO has.  It's way too flashy for its own good.

Also slowing down the game a lot usually creates a more strategic experience.  I remember in Lineage 2 a group of 20 people could take on 200 by kiting and better play.  Nothing like that can happen in these new age MMO's.

Posted

I agree 100% the movement speed in this game is directly and indirectly the cause of a lot of the problems in pvp.

Posted (edited)

Well super fast movment sure isnt helping the pvp ballance in this game, but to be honest this game is pretty shit at PvP anyway, i dunno where did the people get the idea that this in its core is a PvP game since all it is, is an openworld sandbox style mmo rpg with owpvp elements. Anyone thats looking for a proper PvP game should look somewhere else cuz this game was never meant to be it and never will be.(there are simply far to many flaws in its core pvp mehanics to be good pvp game so ill just list a couple: far to short TTK, unbalanced clasess, heavily gear dependant while you cant get gear from pvping, lvl and sp dependant, no cc breaks etc...)

So yeah forget about this game being PvP game and enjoy it for what it is or search for a proper PvP game if thats your desires.

Edited by Paric
4 people like this

Posted

Your parents got robbed their mental healthy child.

Posted (edited)

bdo's pvp is shit.. without the life skills this game would be dead as fug, knowing this.. I can only see pvp getting much much more worse as time progresses.

Edited by Becareful

Posted

bdo's pvp is shit.. without the life skills this game would be dead as fug

Life skills?  People enjoy staring at your character swinging an axe for 2 hours?  Or perhaps it's that lovely feeling of moving 40k crates from WH to your horse that everyone loves.

Posted (edited)

Life skills?  People enjoy staring at your character swinging an axe for 2 hours?  Or perhaps it's that lovely feeling of moving 40k crates from WH to your horse that everyone loves.

yeh, thats why you are so frustrated in the first place. 

You either continue with the broken pvp or become a life skiller

and i can assure you that life skills are not as frustrating as pvp.

Edited by Becareful

Posted

Many years ago the Game Engines and PC's didn't support the draw speeds they do today, let alone the graphic details.  There have been major improvements in the technologies every year in one form or another.

The games also limited the movement speed of players intentionally.  It was to keep the game in balance.

The developers of BDO had the option to do this, but instead they chose to give excessive movement to players.  This decision has robbed players of any chance to have a realistic PVP system.  It's the core reason why DP means nothing, it's the reason for the massive amount of CC, and chain grabs.

What they did was ensure the games PVP would be terrible for the entire lifespan of the game.

In the older games you couldn't instant escape from opponents.

They built a defect into the game that may never be fixed.

You got robbed.

Nah, even older games did it wrong as they moved way past the original designs we had for centuries that were perfectly fine ! Nothing can beat the good old gameplay of a dice game.

Posted

I became pretty much a full time lifeskiller because of the desync in pvp. Desync along with a lot of these classes movment speeds, dashes, warps, and iframes its impossible for me to hit anyone. Maybe Im just bad, but when i fight someone, its grabs, dashes, and dodges and I can barely touch people.

The movement speed issue also was an issue with a game star wars galaxies. Before a big update, the combat and movement was slower and more tactical. After one update they rehauled the whole game and everything moved and ran around fast and looked silly. In doing so they broke a lot of combat mechanics and created a lot of glitches that lasted until the game died years later. Increasing the speed of a game more than it was made for can completely break the game.

But now as a ranger whose class is supposed to be long range and evasive, we get a melee awakening and every class now has a million dashes, grabs and a lot more damage and tenacity in fights. I cant even see witches they move so fast and turn invisible during dashes.

Posted

DP does something and it alone does not "robe" you from the PvP system. Gear and how fast you can tap on your keyboard is how PvP works in BDO, no real brain required for that. I seriously don't think i got robed at all.

**I don't think anyone will say, that the PvP is working perfect in BDO, and I never seen a MMO game where PvP worked as we all wanted.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why not haven't you blocked already? you seemed to be pretty fed up with all your positive remarks on the forums =) 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/profile/50749-abarrane/

Posted

Why not haven't you blocked already? you seemed to be pretty fed up with all your positive remarks on the forums =) 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/profile/50749-abarrane/

I did say "thinking", didn't I ? 

I play the very same game as everyone else, I see things that doesn't fit ? I submit a suggestion ticket then adapt with the current situation while waiting for changes on said issue. I play game for fun, not to turn into a whiny cry baby 24/7 and certainly for someone like me when you keep having to see these kind of threads every single day, it does get under the skin.

Cry as much as you like and annoy the hell out of other people too along the way, but the change won't come from this forum or from Kakao, it comes from Pearl Abyss. Also to remind you guys, whether Pearl Abyss is gonna change something or not, it still depend on how KR players are faring with their version of the game. 

Posted

I did say "thinking", didn't I ? 
I play the very same game as everyone else, I see things that doesn't fit ? I submit a suggestion ticket then adapt with the current situation while waiting for changes on said issue. I play game for fun, not to turn into a whiny cry baby 24/7 and certainly for someone like me when you keep having to see these kind of threads every single day, it does get under the skin.

Cry as much as you like and annoy the hell out of other people too along the way, but the change won't come from this forum or from Kakao, it comes from Pearl Abyss. Also to remind you guys, whether Pearl Abyss is gonna change something or not, it still depend on how KR players are faring with their version of the game. 

^

Posted (edited)

I'm coming from C9, is the PvP really that bad in this game like you guys make it out to be? I am only a lvl 40 musa or so though, still got a long ways to go. But reading those comments make me sad tbh lol fvck.

Edited by SWRC9

Posted

I'm coming from C9, is the PvP really that bad in this game like you guys make it out to be? I am only a lvl 40 musa or so though, still got a long ways to go. But reading those comments make me sad tbh lol fvck.

Try it yourself. People on forums are always overexaggerating things.

The PvP in this game isn't for all but appeal for a niche group of players. If you come from C9 you should just look for some BDO PvP videos and you will see the differences between C9 and BDO (because both are from PA).

Posted

Try it yourself. People on forums are always overexaggerating things.

The PvP in this game isn't for all but appeal for a niche group of players. If you come from C9 you should just look for some BDO PvP videos and you will see the differences between C9 and BDO (because both are from PA).

Yeah, true. I'm liking the PvP videos, it seems fast paced as -----. And the grabs seem awesome, just like how we had it on C9 tbh. I cannot wait to start PvPing, and I know it will take me a while to learn other classes, etc. I know for C9, it took me ages before I could subconsciously know all the skills and counters. Hell, I still have trouble! 

Posted

If you start with reducing the movement of classes then you should continue with removing warriors 100% 1 click 1 shot skill or massively lower its damage potential, remove double teleport from witch and wizard again as  well as massively increasing their cooldown on the heal skill as well as lower their damage on every skill. Then move towards rangers, and remove their i frames, remove berserkers 50 meter grab hand

If you want a real balanced pvp game... then give everyone the same gear the same weapon, same skills same movement. That will the only!!! possible way to make pvp balanced, where no one has any advantages over another player.

And after reading the above, dear reader, you should already notice how stupid and rediculus this would be.

Posted (edited)

If you want a real balanced pvp game... then give everyone the same gear the same weapon, same skills same movement. That will the only!!! possible way to make pvp balanced, where no one has any advantages over another player.

Not going to happen, due to this business model and gearing system, linked together. BDO is not a good PVP game, and will never be, people should realize it already. It is an MMORPG where you can compare your E-Peeens, but not your real skill. 

Edited by Miki