• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Taxes are a bit unrealistic (✿◡‿◡)

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Between a free to play player and a subscribe to play player there is a big difference.

35% Taxes pretty much leaves no room to play in the market for free to play players. While I agree that people with value packs should get a bit of an advantage, players who don't use a value pack shouldn't get none. I'm a filthy Value pack user myself and I don't find it fair for them. I will agree that the cap you can reach with tax reduction is ~15% of sales price because it would be OP if it was too much lower.

Initial taxes should be 25% of sales price. This allows breathing room for F2p players to join in on the market game.

Value pack bonus effect should be reduced from a 30% bonus to a 15% bonus on collected price. Which means the player would get 86.25% of the original price if the taxes were at 75%, not much different from the current 84.5%.

The decrease in the silver sink of high taxes would in theory be offset by the increased transactions of f2p players joining the market. Currently a value pack user can earn up to ~40-50m/h average playing the market while a non-value pack user would be making 0 if not losing money because of the 18.5% difference in taxes. That's pretty huge to me, all merchants should have an equal right of earning a profit, not just the ones that pay for a "premium subscription". (✿◡‿◡)

8 people like this

Posted

Cry me a riven

Posted

Cry me a riven

I Garen-tee I am (✿◡‿◡)

1 person likes this

Posted

P2W? no. Sell your house for one outfit and 4 pets. Over priced everything.

Posted

I Garen-tee I am (✿◡‿◡)

Ahri seriously doing this here? Matter of fact, I'll just go ahead and Nami-nate you for an award and call it a day.

Posted

Or you can just drop $100 in furniture for Mediah and Valencia to get #1 house and earn 20m/d off node investments using an artisian human worker level 25+ (✿◡‿◡)

Ahri seriously doing this here? Matter of fact, I'll just go ahead and Nami-nate you for an award and call it a day.

Oh nice, my efforts weren't in Vayne then. (✿◡‿◡)

1 person likes this

Posted

Woaw, missing ideas this week ? You're a bit late to that debate.

Posted (edited)

(✿◡‿◡) <- this is only thing that is unrealistic.. unless ✿-icon in that smiley is a placeholder for brain-cancer

Edited by Gobarnachta
11 people like this

Posted

Or you can just drop $100 in furniture for Mediah and Valencia to get #1 house and earn 20m/d off node investments using an artisian human worker level 25+ (✿◡‿◡)

Oh nice, my efforts weren't in Vayne then. (✿◡‿◡)

how to get 20m/day? Guide inc.

Posted

Woah....people really have the salt bombs ready. >.>

The 15% is imo crazy. I can see for the Pearl shop sale, there is a reason why they have it. But from a player point of view, they should remove it. Gives a false image of the market imo, but ofc. makes us buy value packs.

meh....

Posted

The issue is they'll never do this. The fact of the matter the game runs of people constantly buying value packs and costumes to sell to f2p players, because without this item you are not able to be competitive in anyway on the matter. 

Posted

me like the league reference battle, didn't even read op post xD  

Posted

me like the league reference battle, didn't even read op post xD  

Got to have Valor in a battle, else it'll be fowl play (✿◡‿◡)

1 person likes this

Posted

Between a free to play player and a subscribe to play player there is a big difference.

35% Taxes pretty much leaves no room to play in the market for free to play players. While I agree that people with value packs should get a bit of an advantage, players who don't use a value pack shouldn't get none. I'm a filthy Value pack user myself and I don't find it fair for them. I will agree that the cap you can reach with tax reduction is ~15% of sales price because it would be OP if it was too much lower.

Initial taxes should be 25% of sales price. This allows breathing room for F2p players to join in on the market game.

Value pack bonus effect should be reduced from a 30% bonus to a 15% bonus on collected price. Which means the player would get 86.25% of the original price if the taxes were at 75%, not much different from the current 84.5%.

The decrease in the silver sink of high taxes would in theory be offset by the increased transactions of f2p players joining the market. Currently a value pack user can earn up to ~40-50m/h average playing the market while a non-value pack user would be making 0 if not losing money because of the 18.5% difference in taxes. That's pretty huge to me, all merchants should have an equal right of earning a profit, not just the ones that pay for a "premium subscription". (✿◡‿◡)

Tbh, the taxes are about the same as Swedish tax so meh. Not too unrealistic. Everyone managed to do just fine before Value pack :x If anything, remove the tax reduction value pack gives completely. That should just about even things out ^^. 

If your house is only worth 70 USD/EURO, I'd argue that you need to get better cardboard boxes :x 

1 person likes this

Posted

5h grind, 3h camping of AH - buy 2-3 months of value packs. 

Posted

Sheesh these forums have so many trolls lurking on it just waiting for an opportunity to insult peopel fo rno reason, how sad people are XD.

I kind of agree witht he value packs, however the mainr eason I agree is that pretty much the only real benefit worth having with a value pack is the tax reduction, everything else is stuff you are better buying seperately int he pearl shop over having the value pack. I think the benefits for the value pack need to be adjusted, sicne the only big incentive for your £15 a month is 10% or w/e extra money from items sold on AH, seems a little silly.

May as well just hoard all of my valuable items and then get a week value pack just to sell them.

Posted

Sheesh these forums have so many trolls lurking on it just waiting for an opportunity to insult peopel fo rno reason, how sad people are XD.

I kind of agree witht he value packs, however the mainr eason I agree is that pretty much the only real benefit worth having with a value pack is the tax reduction, everything else is stuff you are better buying seperately int he pearl shop over having the value pack. I think the benefits for the value pack need to be adjusted, sicne the only big incentive for your £15 a month is 10% or w/e extra money from items sold on AH, seems a little silly.

May as well just hoard all of my valuable items and then get a week value pack just to sell them.

now the trolls will email you lol

Posted

Every game that has an optional subscription method gives its paying players some advantages over f2p players.

If the value pack advantage was minimal, why would ppl even bother buying it.

Also 15 euros a month is not that big of a deal. If you cant come up with 15 €/month you got bigger problems than not having a value pack. Id sugest quitting the game for a while and look for a job.

Posted

all merchants should have an equal right of earning a profit

that's a different game genre then. you can extend this to every shop item, "all grinders should have equal xp.." and what not. you have no other chance.

Value pack bonus effect should be reduced from a 30% bonus to a 15% bonus on collected price

The value pack is like a premium subscription. Although why do you even care? It doesn't affect your gameplay, when some others get a bit more silver. Just imagine they had more luck or play more than you, which is the same result.

And for people who really play 80+ hours per week and don't even want to invest a few euros for that... have no more words for those :)

Posted

Over priced is a matter of both perspective and wealth status ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

one could say... Make more money!

Posted

Value pack bonus would be fine if they removed the 5 pearl items per week restriction from the marketplace as well as allowing you to sell 90 days, and every other pearl  - > marketplace restriction tbh.

If value packs were easily accessible to the entire player base without spending $15 a month it wouldn't be a problem.

Or, you could remove value packs.

Posted

5h grind, 3weeks camping of AH - buy 2-3 months of value packs. 

ftfy

Every game that has an optional subscription method gives its paying players some advantages over f2p players.

If the value pack advantage was minimal, why would ppl even bother buying it.

Also 15 euros a month is not that big of a deal. If you cant come up with 15 €/month you got bigger problems than not having a value pack. Id sugest quitting the game for a while and look for a job.

Many ppl, or at least me, dont want to pay the 15€ for a value pack each month out of principles. My reasoning goes somewhat like this: What justifies bdo to be b2p, monthly pay AND pay for convenience items, some of which arent even permanent items but rather consumables?

Before any "you dont HAVE to buy the convenience items", I do feel like you need to buy some of them to make the game enjoyable the way I play it.

Posted

Cry me a riven

that game sucked shit

(✿◡‿◡)

(✿◡‿◡) (✿◡‿◡) (✿◡‿◡) (✿◡‿◡) (✿◡‿◡)

^ Additional inventory space from value pack

Posted (edited)

IDGAF.  I'll gladly continue to pay 35% on smaller items BECAUSE it leaves so little "wiggle room" for Speculators to attempt to instant-flip commodities.  When I have big ticket items to collect on, I can just grab 1-day VP out /w loyalties

And IRL I think the Corproate Tax rate should be 60% with all the freaking Loopholes them ppl get.  35% is only fair if there's NO LOOP HOLES.   And 15% is straight up rich-get-richer UPWARDS Wealth Redistribution because those damn hedgefunders get more than 15% back from the Govt' in indirect subsidies, FED lending, and no bid contracts.

If the rates need changing In-Game... then it's the LOWER rate that needs to be brought back up to atleast 20% considering all of the Wellfare this game now has from fame & login rewards.

Edited by iller

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0