• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Requested fixes for ships/sailing.... (add yours)

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1. For petes sake, let me turn my head to look around without turning the heading of the ship. Its like I'm teaching a 14 yo to drive.  (Work Around: Settings->Input->RotateCamera hotkey)
  2. A nice thing, let us "troll" fish, so we can sail and afk fish behind us, if not AFK fish, then let us active fish while sailing with T.
  3. If loading screens at necessary in the ocean, make the boat appear under us when loading screen done (load boat first).  Its dangerous in margoria to have the boat suddenly appear 50m away
  4. Let Epheria/Galley ships support harpoon use, silly you cant use it on the ships designed for the ocean waters.
  5. Let us Dye ship parts so they look more unique
  6. Put a better repair kit in, 5k repaired every 30 seconds is stilly when boat has 1m hp.  Even if down only 50% that's 50 minutes to repair if out at sea.

Edited by Archaegeo
3 people like this

Posted

3. ???

There are no "Loading Screens" anywhere in BDO.....

Posted

1. For petes sake, let me turn my head to look around without turning the heading of the ship. Its like I'm teaching a 14 yo to drive.

To help with this one at the bottom of your Input settings is a rotate camera keybind. Assign a key to this and while you hold it you can look around without changing your boats heading.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm concerned with the lack of sail boat accessories in the 2nd floor of the 1-4 epheria ship part workshop. I've seen this be the place to craft the blue quality accessories in KR, but they do not appear here in NA/EU. Will we be seeing this fixed soon or is this intentional?

Posted

I'm concerned with the lack of sail boat accessories in the 2nd floor of the 1-4 epheria ship part workshop. I've seen this be the place to craft the blue quality accessories in KR, but they do not appear here in NA/EU. Will we be seeing this fixed soon or is this intentional?

it's probably intentional so the players' don't feel rushed.

Posted

To help with this one at the bottom of your Input settings is a rotate camera keybind. Assign a key to this and while you hold it you can look around without changing your boats heading.

I love you.

Posted

3. ???

I think he meant, if he relogs/crashes and then logs into the ocean without ship under his feet...

Posted

Default is middle mouse button, I think.

Posted

I think he meant, if he relogs/crashes and then logs into the ocean without ship under his feet...

3. ???

No, there are "loading screens" when the physical server computer you are on becomes overloaded it appears, you will be running/riding/sailing along and suddenly you get the screen just like you are first logging into game.

Takes very short time, but in that time your horse / boat comes out from under you, which is super dangerous when trying to cross Margoria sea, and you come to a complete stop.

Posted

2. A nice thing, let us "troll" fish, so we can sail and afk fish behind us.

You can do that using one of the ferry ships.  Hop on one, set up AFK fishing, and walk away.  Of course, positioning is key when out in the ocean.  You don't want to get slapped by a mob trailing behind the ship that ends your fishing session/knocks you off.

I guess my three would be:

1. Add proper pitching, rolling, sails fluttering, and animated steering to ships.  I want my character to turn the wheel as the boat turns while in motion.  I want to see my ship really pitch and roll up and down on the waves with actual bow splashing.  Right now, you look like you're gently going up a hill.  I want the sails on my ship to flutter in the wind.  I want the ship to turn as it would in water, complete with a gentle lean to the side and actual drag and less friction in the water.  In other words, physics!
  2. Diving bells connected to the boat (for those who don't get the dive costume).  Diving bells allow you to go all the way to the bottom for a period of time, but you are limited in the distance you can travel from your ship (maybe no more a 300-500m radius?).  This still makes the costume more valuable as it allows you to dive for long periods of time anywhere as well as swim faster.  But dive bells would be nice for those who don't like the cash shop.
  3. Visible boatman.  I wanna see my crew.  Bonus points if you can make them sing sea shanties.
1 person likes this

Posted

No, there are "loading screens" when the physical server computer you are on becomes overloaded it appears, you will be running/riding/sailing along and suddenly you get the screen just like you are first logging into game.

Takes very short time, but in that time your horse / boat comes out from under you, which is super dangerous when trying to cross Margoria sea, and you come to a complete stop.

Hm.....ok, i never got that since release.....

Posted

I would love a small player housing cabin on the ship, nothing huge, something like those tiny tree houses by Treant.  Would be so dope, would never leave the sea!

4 people like this

Posted

Late to the topic, but 'make sails/masts invisible' not just 'transparent' when sailing (for the person piloting the ship)

Posted

Here's what I re-called after setting out to sea:

1.  Can we not hire a pilot to steer the ship so that we can fish whilst sailing from point A to point B?

2.  How about a turbo boost consumable to speed up the long passages?  i.e. "The Foul Winds of Glish" scroll . . . . +20% sail speed (or something!).

Let's make sea faring better!

Posted

An option for invisible masts (we have transparent now) but invisible is also needed.

Posted

I want to dye my sails

Posted

1. For petes sake, let me turn my head to look around without turning the heading of the ship. Its like I'm teaching a 14 yo to drive.
  2. A nice thing, let us "troll" fish, so we can sail and afk fish behind us.
  3. If loading screens at necessary in the ocean, make the boat appear under us when loading screen done (load boat first).  Its dangerous in margoria to have the boat suddenly appear 50m away

My top 3.

Nothing to fix at all here, nothing of those is broken.

1. is just you failing the basic controls of the game
2. is nonsense, you also can't process while riding a horse or cooking while grinding
3. no problem at all with that, the boat never spawns suddenly 50m away

Posted

Here's what I re-called after setting out to sea:

1.  Can we not hire a pilot to steer the ship so that we can fish whilst sailing from point A to point B?

2.  How about a turbo boost consumable to speed up the long passages?  i.e. "The Foul Winds of Glish" scroll . . . . +20% sail speed (or something!).

Let's make sea faring better!

There is turbo boost as you skill up sailing.  Both Q for RAM followed by W+SPACE for fast start, and then SHIFT+W for fast sailing while moving.

Added harpoon fix to the list, its needed, will add dyeing too, that's a valid request. 

Nothing to fix at all here, nothing of those is broken.

1. is just you failing the basic controls of the game
2. is nonsense, you also can't process while riding a horse or cooking while grinding
3. no problem at all with that, the boat never spawns suddenly 50m away

#1 I hear can be fixed, but it should be automatic, so yeah, ill annotate the fix for it.

#2 is not nonsense, there is nothing wrong with letting us ACTIVE fish while sailing.

#3 happens all the time, you need to cross the ocean more often, it happens on land too while riding a horse, you suddenly get the loading screen as the game moves you to clean server cluster or something, and when it loads you are off mount and mount is about 50m down road/ocean.

1 person likes this

Posted

Would love to be able to upload an image for sails.

Posted

Would love to be able to upload an image for sails.

Guilds can, and that is probably already a lot of work for GM's to ensure ToS aren't violated by images uploaded for guild emblems.

Cant imagine if they had to review every single player sail image too.

Posted

Guilds can, and that is probably already a lot of work for GM's to ensure ToS aren't violated by images uploaded for guild emblems.

Cant imagine if they had to review every single player sail image too.

They could have some intern do it I think lol

Posted (edited)

1. Fix water physics and make it easier to get back in the epheria sailboat and guild battleship.
2. Add personal reward(s) of SOME KIND to encourage guild member participation when hunting sea monsters. Currently it's a time sinc for them.
3. Add more Margoria sea monster guild missions.
4. Can we please get an Embroidered sailing outfit and maybe a sailor outfit (not a stupid looking one) on the marketplace?

Edited by Stabby

Posted

1. Fix water physics and make it easier to get back in the epheria sailboat and guild battleship.

It's a bit like going into the bakery and say "fix your bread" without saying anything else. WTF are you talking about? :D

Get back into boat, just approach one of the ladders and press R, it couldn't be any easier.

Posted

Devs need to play Archeage and take what they learn from the ships/swimming/all ocean content and apply it here. Especially the controls, this game makes me want to punch myself in the -----.

1 person likes this

Posted

2. Add personal reward(s) of SOME KIND to encourage guild member participation when hunting sea monsters. Currently it's a time sinc for them.
3. Add more Margoria sea monster guild missions.
4. Can we please get an Embroidered sailing outfit and maybe a sailor outfit (not a stupid looking one) on the marketplace?

#4 is coming soon, next patch I think