• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

ranger crappy back attack mechanics.

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Why dont rangers get back attacks like other classes we need to be like on top of the enemies butts to get it =/

Posted

Allow me to take a wild guess and say; because your class is lame to begin with.

bill-cosby-face.jpg

Posted

Every time a ranger appears in highspeed dash out of nowhere in rbf, grabs and oneshots me while im on the ground I think to myself hey they really need a dmg buff!

6 people like this

Posted

Every time a ranger appears in highspeed dash out of nowhere in rbf, grabs and oneshots me while im on the ground I think to myself hey they really need a dmg buff!

ikr! same,

Posted (edited)

hey maybe u are shit or hey maybe this ranger has 230 ap. And its not about dmg buff its about a mechanic that rangers dont have for some skills because of who the ----- knows.

Edited by Myntiix
3 people like this

Posted

That, or staying ranged and damaging you all the while out of reach, AND they should have the option to get back attack on top of that?

Ranger - as in most MMOs - is the class archetype I *never* touch because it strikes me as the most cowardly of all classes. Yea, they are a bit melee too, but I hate classes that can essentially always stay on range, out of reach and on top of that with far too much damage...

Posted

nice joke, I rarely see that, most people just tank the nature tremble now. yes im talking about red battlefield.

That, or staying ranged and damaging you all the while out of reach, AND they should have the option to get back attack on top of that?

Ranger - as in most MMOs - is the class archetype I *never* touch because it strikes me as the most cowardly of all classes. Yea, they are a bit melee too, but I hate classes that can essentially always stay on range, out of reach and on top of that with far too much damage...

when was the last time you were in rbf? 50 wizards and just killing you over and over, sounds so much fun doesn't it?

3 people like this

Posted

back attack is when you attack from the back. everyone has it, it's no special skill.

f15cc66db6884491ace58542d007af6c.png

Posted

No wait a minute... Artillery classes that have to actually aim and die in one hit are hard to play and require substantial amount of planning...

But "glasscannons" with same HP as melee classes with autoaim are indeed a shame...

Posted

back attack is when you attack from the back. everyone has it, it's no special skill.

f15cc66db6884491ace58542d007af6c.png

rangers back attacks tho have such a small hitbox where as a wizard for example the entire spell can get back attacks no matter the range

Posted

meanwhile with 321 dp and full tet, ranger hits me for 90% of my hp with a single normal skill

and a "real" combo can include like 10 skills if they ever bothered doing it, but why bother, abuse and exploit this ridiculous overpowered class while you can 

Posted (edited)

meanwhile with 321 dp and full tet, ranger hits me for 90% of my hp with a single normal skill

and a "real" combo can include like 10 skills if they ever bothered doing it, but why bother, abuse and exploit this ridiculous overpowered class while you can 

well coming from a ranger that is 258/253 ap i can assure you that this is not possible. you need at least 2 skills xD

Edited by chungaroo

Posted

No wait a minute... Artillery classes that have to actually aim and die in one hit are hard to play and require substantial amount of planning...

But "glasscannons" with same HP as melee classes with autoaim are indeed a shame...

This game is too fast paced for that. Would have probably been more balanced tho

something like manual aimming could work in for honor

Posted

well coming from a ranger that is 258/253 ap i can assure you that this is not possible. you need at least 2 skills xD

dont expect too much from him, the only thing hes for on the forum is " ranger and wizards are op, tamer is underpowered" thats it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why dont rangers get back attacks like other classes we need to be like on top of the enemies butts to get it =/

No back attack but your downed attack can pretty much one shot anything on the ground..

Posted

No back attack but your downed attack can pretty much one shot anything on the ground..

this thread is about the mechanic not about dmg why are ppl so dumb?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, that's with normal autoattack. It rips through pen with one mouse click. Also, the equipment doesn't matter, all it needs is to be a ranger.

Posted

when was the last time you were in rbf? 50 wizards and just killing you over and over, sounds so much fun doesn't it?

But this topic was about rangers. Wizards seriously need a nerf too in this game; and as class archetypes go, witches and wizards are hardly any better than rangers.

Posted (edited)

to all the dumb rangers who cry about this "mechanic" ... you are shit!

funny to see how plebs talk about highend pvp they are never able to reach... a KD means death if the ranger is not an idiot.

And a new fact for you... you can get the special attack bonus only once. So if u have your KD this gets higher rated then the backattack... (bonus dmg)

Also you may ask for a nerf... rangeattacks dont get mitigatet by the special evasion gems in chest... since they dont get the special attack bonus. 

Your class is so insane op that you should just never visit the forum again and ask for anything...

Edited by nyn idc
1 person likes this

Posted

dont expect too much from him, the only thing hes for on the forum is " ranger and wizards are op, tamer is underpowered" thats it.

It used to be "WARRIORS ARE BROKEN, BUFF TAMER!!!"...

Even pre awakening, when warriors were in worse state than kunoichi is currently... :D

Posted

It used to be "WARRIORS ARE BROKEN, BUFF TAMER!!!"...

Even pre awakening, when warriors were in worse state than kunoichi is currently... :D

i bet if you combine the 2 of you and then multiply the time you've done pvp by 10, i would still have done 10 times more pvp than both of you combined

but yeah

Posted

i bet if you combine the 2 of you and then multiply the time you've done pvp by 10, i would still have done 10 times more pvp than both of you combined

but yeah

In BDO? Without a doubt... In last half a year i had 3 months of lifeskilling and explorin and 3 months of holidays(work)... :D

Posted

In BDO? Without a doubt... In last half a year i had 3 months of lifeskilling and explorin and 3 months of holidays(work)... :D

so you can judge? seems legit...

Posted (edited)

so you can judge? seems legit...

I could judge half a year ago... :D And i doubt Lemon changed much... To tell the truth seeing his posts i doubt he changed at all... :D So there is barely any credibility in his posts...

He is right about gear progression, but thats again only bcs he is on the extreme side of people with terrible luck, and he has to work really hard to at least keep up a bit with most people who just smash buttons randomly and get gear... If he was the lucky one, he would most probably defend it with his nails and teeth... :D  But when it comes to class balance, anyone who beat him 1v1 played an OP class... :D Hell even if he won 1v1 he would say it was hard win bcs it was vs an OP class... :D  Even when tamers were laughing at warriors at how bad they were and one tamer could kill 2 warrs, Lemon was crying for warrior nerfs and tamer buffs, bcs DP warrior with block up could eat more hits than his DP tamer... :D Bcs logic... :D So i cant take him seriously when it comes to class balance... Though i can feel his pain with all that time he had to invest into the game to get gear some jerks can get by playing once a week...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

this thread is about the mechanic not about dmg why are ppl so dumb?

Because  this mechanic  increase  dmg? See the  connection?  Because  this mechanic  is not needed  for this class  ? Maybe you get off  to back attack dmg pop out I have no idea  but if that's not the reason  you want it  there is no other  logical reason.