• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Player griefing.

Lowbie griefing.   289 votes

1. 1. Has a new player griefed you in the past few weeks while grinding?

• Yes
    • No
    • I fed him to mobs
    • I don't care
  2. 2. Would you like to see something done about this issue?

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

183 posts in this topic

Posted

The other day I was on my little level 54 alt at Elrics xp farming and had been there for about 40 minutes after 2 channel hops to find a free server. A level 56+ awakened Witch and Wizard turned up and immediately flagged and killed me lol. Sooner than continue to waste my time and resources in a losing battle, I hopped channels, I think 3 more times before finding an empty spot and farming there for a further 2 hours uninterrupted. This was a Friday evening US so it is possible.

People play how they wish but I have no sympathy for level 56+ and even some lvl 60s I know that continue to farm low level area's like Elrics/Sausan's etc. I don't care that the gold gain is why they are there, level 52s and 53s can't go farm your level appropriate area's so they will and should attempt to push squatters out. If you flag and win then so be it but like my little alt, it's your choice to stay or try somewhere else.

As for removing karma loss for PK..the publishers want new blood to stay and play and that won't happen if PK'ers can kill any player with no repercussions. You want to pk someone...put your big boy pants on and take the consequences. 

447162035.g_220-w-st_g.jpg

These aren't really big but they are cute and sharky ! They can be handy they can eat humans ! Are they 'kay neway ? ?

Posted

You do realise that 36 channels X 15 minutes cooldown = 540 minutes, which amounts to 9 hours ? You could theoretically spend the whole day switching channels.

I kinda agree though, there are some spots free BUT you could perfectly be unlucky and always find someone. Switching 4 times is already one hour lost, you won't switch indefinitely.

Plunge is just a failed smartass looking for holes in other peoples' argumentation and having fun with it until the original poster gets mad. (I kinda expect him to ask me for sources there) 

Thank you... The dud doesn't understand the trouble to switch 5 times a day and each time find a griefer in any spot you come across forcing you to wait until he leave after 4 hours or more or get lucky and sneak in while he goes to drop off.

The other day I was on my little level 54 alt at Elrics xp farming and had been there for about 40 minutes after 2 channel hops to find a free server. A level 56+ awakened Witch and Wizard turned up and immediately flagged and killed me lol. Sooner than continue to waste my time and resources in a losing battle, I hopped channels, I think 3 more times before finding an empty spot and farming there for a further 2 hours uninterrupted. This was a Friday evening US so it is possible.

People play how they wish but I have no sympathy for level 56+ and even some lvl 60s I know that continue to farm low level area's like Elrics/Sausan's etc. I don't care that the gold gain is why they are there, level 52s and 53s can't go farm your level appropriate area's so they will and should attempt to push squatters out. If you flag and win then so be it but like my little alt, it's your choice to stay or try somewhere else.

As for removing karma loss for PK..the publishers want new blood to stay and play and that won't happen if PK'ers can kill any player with no repercussions. You want to pk someone...put your big boy pants on and take the consequences. 

So sympathy? Did you not read that I ask for party and want to help new players level and figure the game out rather than keep secrets to myself and just hoard information for only me to know? I'd like you to PM me in game on NA servers if you need help. (Psycha_Mew)

Posted

Why should a level 52 or 53 have claim to a lower level spot over a player whose 59 or 60? They both need the spot even if it is for different reasons. They have every right to flag up and attempt to take the spot. The issue is what they do if they lose.This is a game where power talks. If you don't have power then you don't get to talk. This is especially true for crowded grind spots. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why should a level 52 or 53 have claim to a lower level spot over a player whose 59 or 60? They both need the spot even if it is for different reasons. They have every right to flag up and attempt to take the spot. The issue is what they do if they lose.This is a game where power talks. If you don't have power then you don't get to talk. This is especially true for crowded grind spots. 

I do agree with that half way but I wouldnt say if someone has the power they should push someone away that needs to obtain some power through the spot. So party is an option. If the lower level is being silent or rebellious against a party then you should have the right to kill him and if karma bombing starts.. Well feed the dude to mobs 2 times.

1 person likes this

Posted

I do agree with that half way but I wouldnt say if someone has the power they should push someone away that needs to obtain some power through the spot. So party is an option. If the lower level is being silent or rebellious against a party then you should have the right to kill him and if karma bombing starts.. Well feed the dude to mobs 2 times.

it depends on what the more geared player is out to do tbh. But i see your point. 

1 person likes this

Posted

it depends on what the more geared player is out to do tbh. But i see your point. 

Others here as shown don't see my points.. they avoid it and go onto trolling rather than discussing an issue to the community. But hey most here probably grief too.

Being a high level and high geared player has some responsibilities in my eyes to help new players learn the game and make sure they don't become what we don't want in our community. So to me watching a stream of a party of 60's going to sausans to openly PK is nasty and is probably why most new people grief higher ups for that reason.

So I am just looking to find a way and get rid of that mindset of these new players or current low level players. With Columba person here, he's probably been murdered a number of times and told he cant grind because hes too low on the gear so he proceeds to call me out as the 1% of elite scumbags in this game(AKA bardcoe/Manup and whoever in top guilds). 

All in all just glad to see someone else that understands my points in this thread.

Posted (edited)

Lol, I've died a few times, each time because some gank clown appears out of no where, says nothing and ganks, usually with mobs already on me.  those are the losers whom this karma system is build for.  I then proceed to karma bomb the crap out of them, giggling at their angry whispers,  more humorously and more often though, when I see some gank clown stalking me, i fumble around and get them to flag up.  It's fun to then kill them.  So keep your elitist smugness going.  It shows your true colors.

I never crowd anyone grinding.  Ever.  I find a separate area.  However, I have no issue with other coming into an area I am grinding.  I simply out dps them.  I've never lost my temper or tried to kill them, even if they refuse to group with me.  so learn to share.

Edited by Columba

Posted

Yep. Im just going to be quiet when they talk trash and PK me with parties of 10 to 20 people. Or at least report the guys that started the fight and hope they get suspended for TOS.

GIT.................................GUD

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol, I've died a few times, each time because some gank clown appears out of no where, says nothing and ganks, usually with mobs already on me.  those are the losers whom this karma system is build for.  I then proceed to karma bomb the crap out of them, giggling at their angry whispers,  more humorously and more often though, when I see some gank clown stalking me, i fumble around and get them to flag up.  It's fun to then kill them.  So keep your elitist smugness going.  It shows your true colors.

I never crowd anyone grinding.  Ever.  I find a separate area.  However, I have no issue with other coming into an area I am grinding.  I simply out dps them.  I've never lost my temper or tried to kill them, even if they refuse to group with me.  so learn to share.

Oh once again for the 5th time. I Share <3

Posted

reroll zerker and hold the grief player until he/she die to mobs

you have no idea how often I do this, literally best reason to play a berserker

Posted

you have no idea how often I do this, literally best reason to play a berserker

they are also the most effective class to take over a spot. the only problem is no boobs.

Posted

Hmm I have a very simple policy - pk is out of the question no matter what. If I see someone struggling with creeps, I won't outfarm them on purpose, I'll let them keep at it and move on. I can share. If we're equally powerful, I'm quite fine for a party, or we can just share the creeps. No problem, I'm not obsessed with rotations.

But if they just COME AND PK WITHOUT A WORD, they can best be sure I'll karmabomb them all day and night until they leave and never show up again! Those guys are the worst scum, if so strong you are, gtfo Sausans and go to Pila Ku or Aakman. And don't give me crap about efficiency, been there done that, Sausans will never ever be better than most Valencia hunting grounds, tested on various occasions, both personally, and by a lot of kind people on these forums/reddit. And even if they were the best spot, still gives you no excuse to come out of nowhere and kill someone just because you can. You can claim you have power, thus you deserve the spot - well guess what, they have power too - to kick you out by perseverance and karma penalty. So let the low leveled people get their awakenings in peace. 

Other, more rare situations are either them coming and asking for party or asking to leave. Usually the latter is either polite, which I can comply with, or 'leave or die noob', which results me in kicking them out once they go grey.

As you can see, it's very simple - be nice, profit. Be a bully - get bullied. Oh, and if you want to feed me to the mobs, so many zerks and valks have tried - always got them to kill me instead. Be my guest in whichever you choose, but you can be sure as hell I'll never switch cuz of your stupid rotations.

And lastly, if an established group is already farming, I won't bother them, it means more to them than me, and there's plenty of fish (mobs) in the sea!

Sharing is caring! Don't be a bully, it'll just bounce back to you! :D

Cheers! :D

4 people like this

Posted

sausans and pirates give best exp and silver over all Valuncia places and the stong will hold them places and go permared but in reality they are just there to pk people and be trolls like half the time i see super high level folk they arnt even killing mobs instead they charge you. But yeps something needs to be done or this game will die, All they need to add is a solo instanced mode of sausans pirates to grind all day long if you wanted to without haveing to worry about others where the current basic system of this game demands you fight for your spot as the pk system is there and the lack of mobs makes it not nessary but to be efficiant you got to kill them.

Posted

Hmm I have a very simple policy - pk is out of the question no matter what. If I see someone struggling with creeps, I won't outfarm them on purpose, I'll let them keep at it and move on. I can share. If we're equally powerful, I'm quite fine for a party, or we can just share the creeps. No problem, I'm not obsessed with rotations.

But if they just COME AND PK WITHOUT A WORD, they can best be sure I'll karmabomb them all day and night until they leave and never show up again! Those guys are the worst scum, if so strong you are, gtfo Sausans and go to Pila Ku or Aakman. And don't give me crap about efficiency, been there done that, Sausans will never ever be better than most Valencia hunting grounds, tested on various occasions, both personally, and by a lot of kind people on these forums/reddit. And even if they were the best spot, still gives you no excuse to come out of nowhere and kill someone just because you can. You can claim you have power, thus you deserve the spot - well guess what, they have power too - to kick you out by perseverance and karma penalty. So let the low leveled people get their awakenings in peace. 

Other, more rare situations are either them coming and asking for party or asking to leave. Usually the latter is either polite, which I can comply with, or 'leave or die noob', which results me in kicking them out once they go grey.

As you can see, it's very simple - be nice, profit. Be a bully - get bullied. Oh, and if you want to feed me to the mobs, so many zerks and valks have tried - always got them to kill me instead. Be my guest in whichever you choose, but you can be sure as hell I'll never switch cuz of your stupid rotations.

And lastly, if an established group is already farming, I won't bother them, it means more to them than me, and there's plenty of fish (mobs) in the sea!

I like how @Startracker thinks, so resolute and confident, I'd follow deco_d_girl_09.gif

Posted

I somehow see this as you going against me and think im the bully like that Columba guy... 

Posted

Black Desert Online = Sandbox = do whatever the ----- you want = kill people if you want = "grief" them if you want. 

^

Spoiler alert : Your QQ is useless.

Posted

sausans and pirates give best exp and silver over all Valuncia places and the stong will hold them places and go permared but in reality they are just there to pk people and be trolls like half the time i see super high level folk they arnt even killing mobs instead they charge you. But yeps something needs to be done or this game will die, All they need to add is a solo instanced mode of sausans pirates to grind all day long if you wanted to without haveing to worry about others where the current basic system of this game demands you fight for your spot as the pk system is there and the lack of mobs makes it not nessary but to be efficiant you got to kill them.

Game would die more with your idea. The karma system needs to be fixed so the strong can overcome the week and either make sure they stay out of the spot you have if they are being salty in the first place and ignored your party invite and words in general chat. otherwise just party with people and don't be a douche and talk about efficiency all day at certain spots like all the other 220 ap elites. Being nice in this game can pay off in the end if its done right.

But your idea would make this game another revelation failure or BnS grind fest.

Something done indeed.

1 person likes this

Posted

wonderful.  Be a jerk, get griefed.  it's....wait for it........

KARMA!

Posted

wonderful.  Be a jerk, get griefed.  it's....wait for it........

KARMA!

Do you ever give up? All im trying to explain is we can all share together but people like you are the problem... because you think we're some elites who dont like parties and give new players a hard time... No.. we're trying to help.

Posted

Do you ever give up? All im trying to explain is we can all share together but people like you are the problem... because you think we're some elites who dont like parties and give new players a hard time... No.. we're trying to help.

Re read his post.  Do you think he is addressing you.  Perhaps your problem is that you think everything, including the farming spots, revolve around you.

No, I never give up.

Posted

The entire open world pvp system needs to be changed.  right now it's -----ing awful.

There needs to be proper consequences for dying and there needs to be proper consequences for Pk'ing.  Anyone who suggests a different system lopsided one way or another is a moron.

Posted

The entire open world pvp system needs to be changed.  right now it's -----ing awful.

There needs to be proper consequences for dying and there needs to be proper consequences for Pk'ing.  Anyone who suggests a different system lopsided one way or another is a moron.

This game wasn't meant to have open world flag pvp let alone PVP in the first place. This game would have done just fine with a good story and good quests with decent world events to get into. The head designer of this game has a boner for PvP and has made PvP games before and now he's ruining this game. 

Posted

It's fine as is.  If you put in consequences for pvp deaths, you encourage PKrs to grief and drive away the vast majority of players.  Karma bombing may be a crappy mechanic ( I agree), but the consequences of elitist clowns simply killing anyone who annoys them is far worse for the health of the game.

Posted

Why do you think you have the right to be protected from other characters? If you are kicked out of helms/manes, then you have two options 1) accept it and move somewhere else, or 2) refuse and fight back. Don't expect the game mechanics to babysit you, this is not a WoW PVE server :( .

It's fine as is.  If you put in consequences for pvp deaths, you encourage PKrs to grief and drive away the vast majority of players.  Karma bombing may be a crappy mechanic ( I agree), but the consequences of elitist clowns simply killing anyone who annoys them is far worse for the health of the game.

"Elitist" being an euphemism for "better".

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you think you have the right to be protected from other characters? If you are kicked out of helms/manes, then you have two options 1) accept it and move somewhere else, or 2) refuse and fight back. Don't expect the game mechanics to babysit you, this is not a WoW PVE server :( .

"Elitist" being an euphemism for "better".

I like what you said against Col but the first part is what you are not getting. It's really not fair to the player to get chased out of channels and forced to switch channel and then get chased down again and again by other players on the channel you switch to. I can kill people but rather not because the karma system works in their favor. I am lucky to even grind 30-60mins every few hours. Farming early morning and very late night away from prime time kids coming home from school or work to come and grief people because they "can". In my opinion, you shouldn't have the ability to screw someone over in a game like this. UO wasn't even this toxic and even if it was full loot PvP. People respected everyone else a lot more. Even KR for BDo the koreason respect eachothers grind. 

For you to keep complaining about someone being elite either means you dont fit in with this game or you have some serious issues to think about. Most higher geared players are happy to help you if you show the correct body language and not steal their mobs or follow them weirdly. Or even say hi in the wrong manner. Us higher ups are kind of afraid to have a karma bomber on our hands so thats why we are so edgy and some of us turned into antisocial solo grind pricks because of people like you.