• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shortsword only Kuno?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I like kuno's shortsword/kunai gameplay, but hate the awakening. Is it possible to be a good kuno without using the chakram+awakening skills or would I be gimping myself? 

Posted

Definitely would be gimping yourself, you need the damage from the awakening weapon to do most of the zones in Valencia. Also not using your awakening weapon in pvp at all will be an instant loss for you, we are already pretty weak compared to other classes as is so not using the chakram is a big no no. However they are releasing a 2nd awakening for original weapons sometime in the future so the shortword might be viable again later on. 9_9

Posted (edited)

Non awakening weapon doesn't have enough damage. If you like the shortsword gameplay you may like Ninja's awakening more.

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted

Non awakening weapon doesn't have enough damage. If you like the shortsword gameplay you may like Ninja's awakening more.

We use both weapons. Shortsword and katana

Posted

You might not know, but apparently PA plans to awaken/rebalance mainhands aswell, because how awakening weapons are superior right now. This wont happen for some time, but its something :D

Posted (edited)

We use both weapons. Shortsword and katana

I know, that wasn't the point of my statement. Nearly every class uses both weapon sets for some kind of utility purposes, just not as a main damage dealer at all.

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted

Tbh, i think i still do more damage with my shortsword even tho, i've got more ap on my dandy (210/212) 

Posted

Tbh, i think i still do more damage with my shortsword even tho, i've got more ap on my dandy (210/212) 

tbh u have no clue.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/mythomane

Edited by Angryman
1 person likes this

Posted

What level are you? At 58 with 193/187/231 I find my awakening deal MUCH more dmg then any of my SS skills in all situation, the multipliers are just higher then any of our SS skills. Plz just tell me what skill you use to out performe your Chakram with your SS it might help me out.

Posted

You definitely put yourself at a disadvantage by not using your awakening weapon, but it's certainly possible to make it with just a SS. I personally use my SS more than my chakram, simply because my attack/evasion speed is faster with SS. 

Posted

Did you rank all your awkaening skills? Shortsword shouldn't be equal  until the second awakenin

Posted

Preawakening was never good, not even amongst the other preawakening. After we got the awakening, our pre-awakening got nerfed. so yeah, just staying as a short sword kuno is a no no.

They will do a second round of buffs to all pre awakenings making them more viable, but thats a long way off.

Posted

simply putted u are more tanky with awakening and do more dmg, if u dont want to play with chakram welp your problem

Posted (edited)

As someone who prospered on kuno before we got our awakening vs all the other already awakened classes(and the ONLY reason I prospered was because I super outgeared everyone I fought), it'd deffinitely possible but I really would NOT recommend it since you're losing more than half of your dps by choosing not to use the chakram, not to mention all the cc's iframes and blocks that come built into all the awakening skills. If you hate the awakening that much, I would really recommend that you just switch classes entirely, since not using the awakening puts you at a severe disadvantage, with any class.

TL;DR  You'd be SUPER gimping yourself

Edited by Wrath

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0