• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hello community.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone!

I'm new and started a 7 day trial version to try the game out. I been watching some gameplay and streams. And even youtube to see if it got my intention. So, I decided to look it up. And saw a 7 day trial. I will be testing not all but a few of the classes, to my questions however. I can go to that later.

I am a general gamer from sweden, and would very much like to meet some new people to chat with if I would need guidelines. On certain things. I can in most cases learn fast, but that all depends on time and dedication. When it comes to combo, I am not very much good but do my practice in order to remember them and learn them. I have an easy way of forgetting. But that is just a minor backset.

And I am also looking for a guild if someone is recruiting new players for PvE, I don't wanna delve into PvP as of now. I'm not really much of a PvP person but if someone can practice with me and teach me, I would not mind that. But for now I am looking to do PvE only.

Now for my questions.

1. Should I do all quests, or just some of it.

2. Should I save all the money I can gather or can I spend some early on to get a few decent gear.

3. Which of the classes would be "noob" friendly.

My eyes are pinned on these classes:

Kunoichi

Maehwa

Sorceress

Valkyrie (maybe)

Those are the ones I have choosen, but just wondering how many of these classes are combo addicts and if there is to many combinations. I will however test Maehwa first for it sounded good to me how it plays.

Thanks for your time reading. And feel free to add me if you like or wish.

Posted

I have played Kunoichi, Maehwa, Sorceress, Valkyrie, Ranger, Tamer, to L56, and Witch to 58.

Valkyrie would be the most newb friendly, as it offers a lot more damage protection (DP) so you can survive at higher levels with less gear. The gameplay is very simple, basically revolving around 2 abilities most of the time. (Until awakening) You also get a heal but on a somewhat long cooldown (40 sec at max rank, or 60 sec at initial rank) Valk is very efficient at recovering SP pre-awakening, but is constantly out of SP with awakening.

Maehwa is terrible for PvE, IMO. Maehwa mostly plays forward and backward in movement, which feels messy and uncontrolled. They can move side to side, just not very far, or with the animation roll, it takes too long to be practical. Musa would be a better choice with the awakening, they're great at PvE. Maehwa has one heal using Nemesis Slash (L43), cooldown is 30 sec.

Sorceress is fun and good at PvE. Their Dream of Doom is a nice AE and castable every 10 sec. They have great mobility. Their skill passives and buff allows them to be somewhat tanky and have more attack power (AP). They have a decent heal at L50 that is an AE attack, castable every 50 sec. They're very efficient at recovering MP.

Kunoichi is my favorite of the ones you listed. There's more variety in their attacks, and they are very mobile. Especially with awakening. They're good at recovering WP. Their weakness is they have no heals. With awakening though they get a nice healing attack and recover WP even better. And have better AE damage. Kunoichi would be my favorite but Witch beats all of these in PvE.

You might consider playing a Witch. They do it all in PvE, and offer some support with casting/attack/movement speed buff, and a targeted or self heal, along with a stronger self/party heal. They recover MP probably easier than any other class. They're not as mobile but have great AE damage. With awakening they're god-like in damage output. Wizard is probably better than Witch in PvE because of the nature of their spells being centered on them. However I stuck with Witch because I prefer her look.

Witch pre-awakening will feel really slow because of cast animation and cast times. So it's important to max out your casting speed to 5/5. Every 3.5 minutes they can use Sage's Memory that lets you cast everything instantly for 15 sec. Which makes it easy to do high burst damage. Pre-awakening my favorite skill was Ice Blizzard, Ultimate: Ice Blizzard. It does crazy damage for a long period of time. But with awakening there are no casting times, just casting animation, and everything hits much harder. Not to mention your golem pet does a fair amount of damage, and will do extra attacks to combo into certain awakening skills.

And if you were not aware already, you can look at all the skills here to get a better idea of the damage output and combat style of each class:
http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/2427/

Posted (edited)

I have played Kunoichi, Maehwa, Sorceress, Valkyrie, Ranger, Tamer, to L56, and Witch to 58.

Valkyrie would be the most newb friendly, as it offers a lot more damage protection (DP) so you can survive at higher levels with less gear. The gameplay is very simple, basically revolving around 2 abilities most of the time. (Until awakening) You also get a heal but on a somewhat long cooldown (40 sec at max rank, or 60 sec at initial rank) Valk is very efficient at recovering SP pre-awakening, but is constantly out of SP with awakening.

Maehwa is terrible for PvE, IMO. Maehwa mostly plays forward and backward in movement, which feels messy and uncontrolled. They can move side to side, just not very far, or with the animation roll, it takes too long to be practical. Musa would be a better choice with the awakening, they're great at PvE. Maehwa has one heal using Nemesis Slash (L43), cooldown is 30 sec.

Sorceress is fun and good at PvE. Their Dream of Doom is a nice AE and castable every 10 sec. They have great mobility. Their skill passives and buff allows them to be somewhat tanky and have more attack power (AP). They have a decent heal at L50 that is an AE attack, castable every 50 sec. They're very efficient at recovering MP.

Kunoichi is my favorite of the ones you listed. There's more variety in their attacks, and they are very mobile. Especially with awakening. They're good at recovering WP. Their weakness is they have no heals. With awakening though they get a nice healing attack and recover WP even better. And have better AE damage. Kunoichi would be my favorite but Witch beats all of these in PvE.

You might consider playing a Witch. They do it all in PvE, and offer some support with casting/attack/movement speed buff, and a targeted or self heal, along with a stronger self/party heal. They recover MP probably easier than any other class. They're not as mobile but have great AE damage. With awakening they're god-like in damage output. Wizard is probably better than Witch in PvE because of the nature of their spells being centered on them. However I stuck with Witch because I prefer her look.

Witch pre-awakening will feel really slow because of cast animation and cast times. So it's important to max out your casting speed to 5/5. Every 3.5 minutes they can use Sage's Memory that lets you cast everything instantly for 15 sec. Which makes it easy to do high burst damage. Pre-awakening my favorite skill was Ice Blizzard, Ultimate: Ice Blizzard. It does crazy damage for a long period of time. But with awakening there are no casting times, just casting animation, and everything hits much harder. Not to mention your golem pet does a fair amount of damage, and will do extra attacks to combo into certain awakening skills.

And if you were not aware already, you can look at all the skills here to get a better idea of the damage output and combat style of each class:
http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/2427/

Thank you for replying. I will take all this into note. I guess I will have to test them out and see which class I could do. Or more like "this is what I should be playing" wether they aren't good in certain things. Not sure if that would be ok. But I think I should at least give them a try and see.

What would be a good enough level to test them out and stop at. Or is it all the better to just go into 50+? And then try something else until I find the right class for my playstyle and stick with it?

I have not really been much for the ranged types, but I will have give Witch a try to see if I can do the class. It is just me being more for melee than ranged. Some ranged are okay for me but not everything.

So Maehwa would be more for PvP than PvE I take it? Hmm, I did have a look in the calculator and to me I might lean towards Maehwa, they seem to be a little more interesting and she uses a spear as Awakening, but I also love Naginata, so Musa is also a choice. The Musa/Maehwa class deffinately seems interesting to me, so would it be wrong to level up 2 of them?

I had a look on the Valkyrie normal skill tree and it looked nice but lacks in a few things to me that would get my attention. Just my feeling, but when I checked Awakening it kinda ticked me off, not a fan of lance users. Valkyries IMHO dosen't really use lance that much they are more of their normal form or other type of weapons, but lance no. So I guess that is one of the reasons I don't wanna go as Valkyrie. So I am not sure for Valkyrie though. I will have a try on the class but can't say for sure. But it seems not for me as of now, will have a try of course.

Kunoichi I checked, it did look really advanced and a lot to keep in mind on. So that class I may not do well on but I wish to learn it. And you said they were very mobile so I suppose they are meant to move a lot all the time, well that is something I have  to practice on then. I love the Kunoichi/Ninja class otherwise, but it may be to difficult for me to know how to play them. And yes I know, I should practice it. But that will probably be in some other time if I do feel I wanna give it a try. As I mentioned I can sometimes have a hard time remembering the rotation, and screws up a lot. And the Awakening, hmm... not to sure if I like it. Might just go Ninja for I very much like Japanese swords in that aspect, the circle ring is so-so for my taste but I don't mind it.

And Witch/Wizard didn't look up but will absolutely try them.

As for the other classes they are not as much of interest, compared to those I mentioned.

Edited by RaZe Hawkins

Posted

A good level to stop at is L56, as you probably can guess by the fact most of my characters I listed are L56. Since at L56 you can get your awakening weapon and get an idea of your true potential.

At L58 you're halfway to your full potential and that's when it gets fun. This applies to most if not all classes. Like, Maehwa at 58 gets Flow: Tip of an Iceberg which does a ton of damage. And precedes/combos with another skill that is a down attack and gives you a 20% crit buff, which increases the damage potential of Iceberg.

Getting from 56 to 58 will take a lot longer though, which makes L56 a better choice to stop at if you're not liking the class. The other reason is that the opposite is sometimes true, like Berserker pre-awakening feels like Musa pre-awakening, mediocre damage output. But at L56 with awakening Berserker gets a lot better. Same for Musa.

If you enjoy melee and Maehwa/Musa looks interesting, I would try both. Maehwa awakening has skills that stiffen (brief stun), for example, so I would choose them for PvP. Musa has a lateral attack which makes them better for PvE clearing. Any class is good at PvP, it's just a matter of whether you can understand and utilize their skills properly.

A lot of people complain about Ninja awakening, I forget why. Kunoichi's chakram has a great feel to it. They have a nice lateral attack like Musa. Overall Kunoichi feels very fast. And with the variety of combos you can use, combat feels like choreography. A "dance of death". I like the variety of skills so that I can choose different ways to dispatch enemies, instead of the same 1 or 2 combos over and over like Valkyrie. And they are very mobile, for instance, I can disappear and reappear behind an enemy, stunning them. Their Shadow Stomp is a nice teleport forward attack, and the animation can be canceled by using RMB (throws shuriken) first then quickly combo'ing S+E for Shadow Stomp (which will execute it immediately).

Definitely check out Witch, or if you want I can give you a personal demonstration in game. Just message me your character's name.

Posted

Always do all the quests you get from your Black Spirits, thats like the main questline. Beside them there are so many quests out there it would take quiet some time to do them all. But i would recommend checking the quest menu(shortcut O) and go to the tab recommended. Especially the ones to upgrade your inventory are very useful. 

When it comes to money and gear, as soon u have choosen what gear u wanna wear feel free to buy it from the market. You will use it quiet some time. Also your armour and rings/belts/necklace can be used from all characters.

Posted

A good level to stop at is L56, as you probably can guess by the fact most of my characters I listed are L56. Since at L56 you can get your awakening weapon and get an idea of your true potential.

At L58 you're halfway to your full potential and that's when it gets fun. This applies to most if not all classes. Like, Maehwa at 58 gets Flow: Tip of an Iceberg which does a ton of damage. And precedes/combos with another skill that is a down attack and gives you a 20% crit buff, which increases the damage potential of Iceberg.

Getting from 56 to 58 will take a lot longer though, which makes L56 a better choice to stop at if you're not liking the class. The other reason is that the opposite is sometimes true, like Berserker pre-awakening feels like Musa pre-awakening, mediocre damage output. But at L56 with awakening Berserker gets a lot better. Same for Musa.

If you enjoy melee and Maehwa/Musa looks interesting, I would try both. Maehwa awakening has skills that stiffen (brief stun), for example, so I would choose them for PvP. Musa has a lateral attack which makes them better for PvE clearing. Any class is good at PvP, it's just a matter of whether you can understand and utilize their skills properly.

A lot of people complain about Ninja awakening, I forget why. Kunoichi's chakram has a great feel to it. They have a nice lateral attack like Musa. Overall Kunoichi feels very fast. And with the variety of combos you can use, combat feels like choreography. A "dance of death". I like the variety of skills so that I can choose different ways to dispatch enemies, instead of the same 1 or 2 combos over and over like Valkyrie. And they are very mobile, for instance, I can disappear and reappear behind an enemy, stunning them. Their Shadow Stomp is a nice teleport forward attack, and the animation can be canceled by using RMB (throws shuriken) first then quickly combo'ing S+E for Shadow Stomp (which will execute it immediately).

Definitely check out Witch, or if you want I can give you a personal demonstration in game. Just message me your character's name.

Okay so level 56 understood. At the moment I stopped at level 20 as I went around collecting NPC information, which I think would be a good idea if im not misstaken. And also learn about different things.

I am playing as Maehwa(lvl20). And so far I like it, as I have no problem with their back and forth thing as you said. It seems kinda easy for me to handle in a way but I still need to level up more and to get a further more feeling and understanding of the skills. But I think I'll stop with all of them I choosed, at 56. Then I can decide which one of them got my most attention for me to play. And so far I have no dislikes in the game have really enjoyed playing up until Hiedel.

And I will also try Musa soon, just need to focus one first and then try another hopefully in less time than necessary. I'm just doing a lot of things that catch my eyes when I play. Going to one destination and then to another because I either saw an NPC knowledge or a new quest.

Oh okay, didn't know many complained about Ninja that much. Seems there must be something they have that dosen't affect faster clear or many AoE like Kunoichi?

I did however decide to test them both Ninja/Kunoichi. Which one of these, it will depend on when I am at the levels. I just have a feeling I may not do any but who knows, the levels may change that and I could actually learn them better.

If you wish to demonstrate, you can do so. Not sure how you add people but maybe with family name. It is i > IHawkinsI < i big letter i.

Always do all the quests you get from your Black Spirits, thats like the main questline. Beside them there are so many quests out there it would take quiet some time to do them all. But i would recommend checking the quest menu(shortcut O) and go to the tab recommended. Especially the ones to upgrade your inventory are very useful. 

When it comes to money and gear, as soon u have choosen what gear u wanna wear feel free to buy it from the market. You will use it quiet some time. Also your armour and rings/belts/necklace can be used from all characters.

Thank you for replying, I will use these guidelines. I am mostly following Black Spirit. But kind of picked up other quests around Hiedel. Will probably cancel a few and only keep inventory/contribution quests.

Okay, I will have a look on the gear and accessory. Just need to earn some more silver. I will try look up some gear guides for different classes.