• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lower fps then expected

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I have well beyond the recommended specs and I get awful fps in towns and sometimes I get 30-35 fps when fighting. Is there a fix to this?

I have an

AMD R9 380 Sapphire Nitro 4GB

AMD FX-8350 overclocked to 4.2 ghz (8 cores)

8 GB DDR3 

WIndows 10

Max Resolution is 1920 x 1080 

I usually play at 1360 x 768

Posted (edited)

I have R9 290 I have awful FPS too. the things i noticed: 

1. when i open inventory on shop/repair or the black spirit enchant window i have really low FPS under 20. when i close inventory FPS is restored

2. I notice some low speed objects loading and when i run with my horse its horrible. I tho its from the drivers but I tried 16.12.1, 16.12.2, 17.2 and 17.1 are the worst. 16.12.1 are the best I think.

3. The client is making very big Log files and writes a lot on my SSD too. developer logs are turned on.

I notice this from last patch wed. 1.2.2017 or maybe last weak patch.

EDIT: I found the problem

I found out what is happening, somehow the driver not detecting that this is a game and changing to some lower state and underclock the graphics card to save power. I found this when I run my video player to watch a tv show when I gather...  then I saw the instant change from 20 to 60 FPS. we should send a report to some GM or devs. I need to play now with a video player in background :D to keep my card active. I dont know is that a problem with the game or the drivers?

Edited by LORDZERG
I found the problem

Posted (edited)

Something has definitely changed in the last week.  Last weekend I was getting a solid 30+ fps, a now with the same rig (and the same driver version) it's floating between 8 and 11 according to the Settings window.  It's not just AMD, either.  I'm using a GTX 970.

Even more perplexing, dropping the resolution from 4k to 1080p has zero effect on the framerate.

Edited by Uxian

Posted

Something got -----ed when they did a patch this week.  My frames were consistent at 70-80 outside town until they did a patch and broke something that I can't seem to figure out.  I didn't even touch anything on my computer and game settings.  I just patched the game and noticed it right away that i'm getting half the FPS I usually get in places I always go to.  The shit that I also don't understand is my 64 FPS cap. I've always played BDO with vsync off on my 144Hz monitor and usually, I get 120-130 FPS at the main menu when you're trying to get in game.  This time, i'm capped at 64FPS there.  So frustrating!  I have already done some re-installations of the game and my graphics driver.  Updated both and whatnot and i'm still getting some bad results.  

@GM_Huego @GM_Axion

Posted

@GM_Huego 

Something changed from yesterday. I was getting solid 110fps and then when I log in today I can't get over 35.. I dunno wtf is going on.

1 person likes this

Posted

This has happened to me as well since maybe a patch or 2 ago. Was getting solid 60 FPS now 32 FPS. Same setup nothing has changed i5 6402P with gtx 960 4gb

1 person likes this

Posted

Figured out my issue, still no idea why it happened but for whatever reason I had alt tabbed and after in fullscreen mode +chrome in the background, for whatever reason the game wouldn't go past like 35-40fps even after chrome was closed. I checked a whole bunch of things, really couldn't figure out why it happens but after rebooting the problem resolved itself and I can't fullscreen with anything behind it or the problem persists even after that background program is closed. 

Posted

They really did bork something since the last patch. I normally run mid 50's to mid 60's fps but since last week I'm down to 30's and 40's fps. Nothing has changed on my pc hardware or software wise. Here is my rig https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qVgpNN

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0