• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What gpu is needed??

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I really need help on which gpu i need for this game. My gpu choices are GTX 1050 mini, GTX 1050 ti, RX 460, and RX 470. I am buying a used PC tower then adding one of these gpu's. The used PC tower will be Windows 7 or higher, Quad Core CPU, 4GB+ RAM, 250+GB HDD. Only game i want to play is CS GO and black desert online. I already know this build with any GPU that i have listed will be able to play CS GO i just don't know about Black Desert Online.

Posted (edited)

Doesnt matter, you need a good CPU. Even with the best GPU you wont get good fps if your CPU is just average.

Edit: And dont use Win 10. Win 10 has a bug that still isnt fixed in which 32bit games cant utilize more than 4096 MB Vram. Not sure if BD is 32 or 64bit, but csgo is 32 bit.

Edited by valasceria
2 people like this

Posted

Doesnt matter, you need a good CPU. Even with the best GPU you wont get good fps if your CPU is just average.

Edit: And dont use Win 10. Win 10 has a bug that still isnt fixed in which 32bit games cant utilize more than 4096 MB Vram. Not sure if BD is 32 or 64bit, but csgo is 32 bit.

My dad is sending me a i5 - 6500 3.2 Ghz so should i get the same Gpu's i listed before so i can atleast play on medium quality? I will have 8 GB's of ram too.

Posted

Here are the official notes from the website:

Minimum system requirements to play Black Desert Online:

• 32 bit Windows 7 or 8
  • Intel Core i3-530 2.9GHz
  • 4gb RAM
  • GTS 250 / GeForce 9800 GTX / Radeon HD 6770
  • 1280x720 Resolution
  • 45GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended system requirements to play Black Desert Online:

• 64 bit Windows 7 or 8
  • Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
  • 8gb RAM
  • GTX 670 / Radeon HD 7970 / R9 280X
  • 1920x1080 Resolution
  • 45GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Black Desert Online is not currently available for Mac OS or Linux and there is currently no announced plans to release the game for these operating systems.

Posted (edited)

Ignore the comment about Windows 10.  BDO uses either or so run 10 64 bit.  The speed difference alone in all things outweighs any 'bugs' that have been/or will be addressed.  Do a complete ground up install of windows though, not an upgrade.

As said though, CPU is a little more important in this game, the I5 is fine.  Stick with solid GPU from good manufacturer and you will be fine.  I always run whatever XXXXti version myself.  Dont overload the gpu, you dont need 4k if you run on PC monitor.  See THX lucasfilm website to confirm that most eyesites cant see it in that setup.  4K and up is new buzz word to get your money. Projected/large screen is another issue as the website will show.

PS

The other thing money is better spent on is SSD's.  One for windows alone, two or more for games and storage (storage lowest priority).

Edited by The_Death_Princesses

Posted

Cpu- 3.9 ghz or better with a 1070 or better and you won't lag. I run this setup and can keep spell effects on during bosses such as karanda with zero stuttering or lag. SSD is also as they said very important to have for BDO, make sure BDO is installed on your SSD.

Posted

Ignore the comment about Windows 10.  BDO uses either or so run 10 64 bit.  The speed difference alone in all things outweighs any 'bugs' that have been/or will be addressed.  Do a complete ground up install of windows though, not an upgrade.

As said though, CPU is a little more important in this game, the I5 is fine.  Stick with solid GPU from good manufacturer and you will be fine.  I always run whatever XXXXti version myself.  Dont overload the gpu, you dont need 4k if you run on PC monitor.  See THX lucasfilm website to confirm that most eyesites cant see it in that setup.  4K and up is new buzz word to get your money. Projected/large screen is another issue as the website will show.

PS

The other thing money is better spent on is SSD's.  One for windows alone, two or more for games and storage (storage lowest priority).

You can also just use one SSD for Windows and a classic HDD for the rest. That's what i have done. SSD (crucial bx) set as primary and there Windows 8.1 is installed on. Second drive is a WD blue caviar of 1 TB, made 3 partitions on it. No need to get 3 SSD's, that's overkill and expensive. Also, if you gonna buy a SSD, be sure it's not one with sandforce on it.

As to which gpu you need; each gpu of last year is a good choice. I have a club3d radeon r7 260x royalqueen myself.

Posted

Well i show it know, don't even think man amd rx 470 is double the performance of the other two gpu's

Posted

Go for RX470. As for CPU, not great but it'll do. Just means you won't be playing on any high settings unless you want to blow up your CPU.

Posted

NEVER GO RADEON FOR PLAYING BDO! I managed to burn my gpu r9 290... now that I have 1080 hybrid I don't lag on Karanda nor Kzarka!

Posted

I managed to burn my gpu r9 290

Pretty sure thats neither BDOs or AMDs fault... 

Posted

NEVER GO RADEON FOR PLAYING BDO! I managed to burn my gpu r9 290... now that I have 1080 hybrid I don't lag on Karanda nor Kzarka!

And you will also say that you are running stable 60fps in all scenarios.

God damn lies.

BDO isn't meant to work on 60fps. It was supposed to be console game to begin with.

Posted (edited)

running GTX 1060 6GB more than enough but my CPU i5-7500 seems staggering at 70%-80% resource utilization so I suggest get higher or that can handle multi-thread well coz this game is CPU intensive...  My Memory is at  8GB too and seems no issues unlike the CPU.

Edited by Rvyne

Posted

And you will also say that you are running stable 60fps in all scenarios.

God damn lies.

BDO isn't meant to work on 60fps. It was supposed to be console game to begin with.

No, at WB i manage 20-30 fps, rest 60 fps.

Posted (edited)

get any 4cores that can go to 4ghz , get 8gig of FAST ram 2800mhz+ , get an SSD only for windows+ BDO and hdd for your documents.

RX480 prices will go down in the next day as the rx580 just launched,

my RX480 strix cap at 72fps( freesync limit on my screen ) in the wild mid 40's in town , low 40's in boss raids and pvp . ( maxed no high-end 1080p )
card is 200$

i have a 6600k @ 4.2ghz and 16gig of 3200mhz ram.

Edited by Sizer

Posted (edited)

6600k oc 4.2ghz/R9 390 37-40 in calpheon  59.9 fps on all place, 29-34 fps during karanda/kzarka(remove other effect). 1080p

R580 are better that 480. the 480 have some issue. 580 rebrand fix all issue of the 480 with a better clock.

You comparing a 4 years old GPU vs new GPU..  Wait the Vega line of AMD for a right compare of 1070-1080+

Radeon are completly fine. I never have any issue Except when it was me who was doing a bad manipulation. Anyway 95% of all RMA are cause by bad manipulation consumer.

Avoid 1060 3go ram  3go ram is not enough for BDO. cause alot of slutter. 4go is the limit.

Edited by Catastigma