• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are there classes you would play, if not for present aesthetic limitations?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Relating to something we see complained about a lot.

I was trying to figure out why I don't play my Tamer more, and I think I finally found the answer. I'd prefer her to look different. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the cute prepubescent Kpop look. I'm no loli/anime fan, but I do kinda like the idea of the little girl, that slaughters proffessional adults. Like HitGirl!

But when I first made my tamer, that's not what I was going for. I spent hours trying to make her look more mature, less weeby, and generally a slightly badass ninja-lite with a kitty. With, limited success... I could kinda get her to look okay, but the costumes and animations ruined the look. Eventually I just went for the traditional Cutesy little girl. But it just doesn't quite give the feel I wanted.

Over the months, I've come across a couple of other instances of similar things, a guild member who couldn't get his Musa to look Elderly-noble enough, some random who wished their sorceress was more brutal-monster, and less exotic-dancer, plenty of people who wished their 'zerkers weren't neanderthals.

So, any similar tales of woe out there?

n.b. This is not about gender locks, please don't waste space whinging about that. Nor is it a petition for change, I'd just like some anecdotes to make me feel slightly less alone. If it happens to encourage change, hurray, but I'm not pushing for it.

Posted (edited)

delete please mods, pointless post.

edit:

I'm talking about MY POST!

I don't know how to delete my own posts, or if it's possible.

Edited by Shiyo
delete please
1 person likes this

Posted

i would play any class if they looked the same way as tamer 

4 people like this

Posted

I was trying to figure out why I don't play my Tamer more, and I think I finally found the answer. I'd prefer her to look different. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the cute prepubescent Kpop look. I'm no loli/anime fan, but I do kinda like the idea of the little girl, that slaughters proffessional adults. Like HitGirl!

But when I first made my tamer, that's not what I was going for. I spent hours trying to make her look more mature, less weeby, and generally a slightly badass ninja-lite with a kitty. With, limited success... I could kinda get her to look okay, but the costumes and animations ruined the look. Eventually I just went for the traditional Cutesy little girl. But it just doesn't quite give the feel I wanted.

I had the same problem with tamer. But after some hard work I made tamer not look like a korean kpop girl!

2017-01-30_10-51-57.png

5 people like this

Posted

Zerk for sure :(

2 people like this

Posted

I had the same problem with tamer. But after some hard work I made tamer not look like a korean kpop girl!

But then you ruined it by giving her a tail.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would play the hell out of a muay thai/ muay boran class, boobs or no boobs.

1 person likes this

Posted

2017-01-30_10-51-57.png

Better than I managed to get :P

Zerk for sure :(

Definitely agree there.

i would play any class if they looked the same way as tamer 

They are adorable.

Posted

But when I first made my tamer, I spent hours trying to make her look less weeby,

doingitwrong.jpeg

Posted

You just have to try harder. Mine is a red head. I admit. It would be better if the presets for every class was more versatile.

Posted

doingitwrong.jpeg

So I gathered :P

I did eventually conform, and make her a slutty child... Just, took me a while.

1 person likes this

Posted

But then you ruined it by giving her a tail.

It's the costume

Posted

How can anyone not like the look of tamer when she is the kawaii queen 

2 people like this

Posted

I didn't say I don't like the look. Just that I didn't want a character that looked like that...

Although, if you want reasons people give for not liking it, here's some I've heard in the last couple of weeks:

• "I don't want to look like a child"
  • "I don't want to look like an over-sexualized child"
  • "Why are there so many slutty costumes for a 12 year old?"
  • "What kind of pedo would play that?"
  • "What is this Burikko shit?"
  • "Their voices are so annoying"

So basically, some of the people that look at Tamers think "Sexy child? Kawaii!" and others think "Sexualised child? That's disgusting."

Personally, I have no issue with it. Burikko is a perfectly legal, and generally acceptable, or at least tolerable, (if a little odd) thing in real life, no reason it shouldn't be in games.

And as I said, Tamers are adorable. But they are just Cute. They're not awesome, imposing, impressive, intimidating, or anything like that. 
(From a purely aesthetic pov, that is)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea, I'd probably play my non tamer classes more if more of the costumes / outfits had boots and full body armor *shrug* I still play them like Sorc / valk / Kuno, recently made a warrior and the armor looks bad ass... just not a fan of his kit.

With Tamer shes cute (I like cute things and heck I survived a ganking b/c they thought she was cute) and most of her sets while not really boots(except that cooking costume... those boots are really nice) or full body armor, have flat shoes which IMO is better than heels by a hellava lot...

1 person likes this

Posted

I made mine a little bit like Punky Brewster. But you can probably change her height a little.

Posted (edited)

All my characters looks like children and dolls except my maehwa, I couldn't make her look cute so instead I made her look real with minimum size chest.(yet not small enought, unfortunately she's my main T-T)

Look at the bright side, yours not limitedly bad like zerk or pre-wizard(or in my case, I want flat&short). But you, you can still make yours look not Korean. If you don't like the skills, why playing the class in the first place?

Edited by ☠ ⓜⓐⓓⓝⓔⓢⓢ ☠

Posted

ive seen plenty of mature looking tamers.. 
but that might be because as a tamer main i like to check out other tamers
and most ppl will just pass over all tamers thinking they  all look loli

i mean if you want to play a tamer that looks cute go for it, mine is small and cute, but also i dont see why they limited it
if ppl want to play mature looking tamers thats fine too i really liked the character creator 
the game has such a great character creator but limit it based on class bias and stereotypes for the most part 
they should allow full customization over characters id like to make my main's bust size smaller
especially since i swear every every costume in game increases her bust and shrinks her waist 

that said i do feel bad for zerkers.. i get it they are giants but still 

Posted (edited)

Tamer agree!!

最高の遊びとかわいい! ^___^/

2017-01-24_740871265.JPG

2016-12-01_1068841851.JPG

Edited by Hitomi_Tamer
1 person likes this

Posted

How could he not make musa look old? They have wrinkle sliders even

Posted

I wanted to play as a kid, male, and the closest to that is the Tamer, so after some time I got my tamer to look like a little kid, problem is every costume and outfit is like 150% ultra sloot...  liie come on...  closest thing to a gender neutral look I could do is the jester troupe costume you craft.  

Anyway, when it comes down to it, I don't really care as my main warrior is perfect, but I do wish there was more choice when it comes to female outfits than just slut or like ultra slut.

2 people like this

Posted

If i could play a zerker that looked like a Maehwa i would be there like a shot.

Posted

If wiz was still locked into looking old.. I'd might not play it... But his wakening weapon is and looks the coolest Imo

Posted

Would play Sorc more if they didn't have rag cardigans that clipped through themselves.

Or Rangers if they had trousers.

Or Kunoichi if they had trousers.

Or Tamer if they had trousers.

Or Valkyrie if they had trousers.

2 people like this

Posted

Zerker.

If they took away the hunchback and made the head look different I would play them.

1 person likes this