• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worth upgrading to a GTX 1080 for this game?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have 2x 980's (I only run 1 in this game because the game actually performs worse with SLI on from my test), 4790k cpu and 16gb of ram.

My game runs like absolute garbage during big scale PvP and in towns.  I don't really care about fps in town that much but during PvP it makes me want to just quit the game as it's not fun.  The thing is on MSI afterburner it's barely even using the GPU and CPu I got so I'm not sure if upgrading will do anything.  Did anyone take step up from 980 to 1080 and notice significant differences?

Posted

I have Nvidia 1070. 

While i do max the game settings, the game itself runs like absolute shit in crowded cities. 
Everything from 20-40 FPS. My friend, which has 1080, has the same problems. 

Let's face it. The game is badly optimized and you getting a good graphics card won't change that. 

Do NOT buy a graphics card just because of this game. 
However, if the thought of wanting to upgrade and play other games in higher graphics sounds satisfying, go for it. 

Posted (edited)

I have Nvidia 1070. 

While i do max the game settings, the game itself runs like absolute shit in crowded cities. 

Let's face it. The game is badly optimized and you getting a good graphics card won't change that. 

However, if the thought of wanting to upgrade and play other games in higher graphics sounds satisfying, go for it. 

I heard BDO uses multiple cores. Would waiting for the 8c Ryzen be a good upgrade? (For cities and such, with a 1080)

Edited by SWRC9

Posted

I have Nvidia 1070. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117073300

skip 30 or 40 min in and look at how smooth this guy game run .  i don't get how xD

Posted (edited)

If you do decide to upgrade your GPU, I recommend waiting for the GTX1080ti

Edited by Uhtred

Posted

I upgraded to a 1080 (and to a 6700/32gb ram).  Get about 30-40 FPS at max 4K settings.    Not sure how much was the card vs. the processor, but it was a marked improvement from before.  In and out of cities it's still around 30 FPS and unlike before I dont get lag or stuttering waiting for things to load in.

If you do upgrade, make sure to customize your fan settings.  The 1080 runs really hot out of the box (90c).  With proper fan adjustments stays around 65c.

Posted

skip 30 or 40 min in and look at how smooth this guy game run .  i don't get how xD

Processor : Intel i7 6700k (4.7ghz)
Video Card : EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, EVGA GTX 560 (PhysX)
Storage : 256GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro, 500GB HDD
Memory : 32GB DDR4 3200 CL18 
Motherboard : Asus Z170 Pro Gaming 
Power Supply : HX850 Corsair
Cooling : Noctua NH-D15
Internet Connection : Shaw 100Mbit/Down, 5Mbit/Up
Case : CM HAF932 BE Full Tower
Peripherals : Steel Series Pro Gaming Mouse Pad, Steel Series Rival, Steel Series APEX gaming keyboard, Blue Yeti Microphone
Monitor : ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG)Modded for G-Sync
Joystick : Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Posted (edited)

If you have two 980s. Its not worth it. 980 SLI is probably more powerful than a single 1080. My PC was a pre-built. So there might be some bloatware slowing it down. I will try running the game off a fully formated hard drive some day and see if the game runs any different. But my 1080 still hits around 20 to 30 fps in Heidel when standing next to Amerigo.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

Memory : 32GB DDR4 3200 CL18 

Low framerate in cities/world bosses could have a lot of reasons. I think it's most likely due to DX11 crapping itself because of too many draw calls. But it could also be that the BDO engine wants a lot of memory bandwith. The CPU can work faster through the data, because more data arrives quicker thanks to fast RAM. That would explain why he has decent framerates despite the amount of players. This should be tested, but i dont have a board with overclockable ram, otherwise i'd put this theory to the test

Posted

No, GTX 1080 won't bring any performance increase over your single GTX 980.

I'm pretty sure you get FPS like everyone else: 60fps when alone and no1 around you. 40-50fps when grinding with few players around, and anywhere from 15 to 35 fps when in cities. Depends on which chanel you are on, but Ovlia chanels are horrible when it comes to fps in cities. i7 4790k + GTX 1070 and I even saw 10fps while running around the city. And there is nothing you (players) can do to get higher fps. We need BDO team to do something about that once and for all. But good luck with contacting them xD 

Posted

If you have i5/i7, 16gb ram and SSD, which graphic card is necessary to be able to play on 60 fps on medium/high settings? Is GTX1060 a minimum for 60fps (from what I have heard). 

Posted

If you have i5/i7, 16gb ram and SSD, which graphic card is necessary to be able to play on 60 fps on medium/high settings? Is GTX1060 a minimum for 60fps (from what I have heard). 

Yes for other game maybe.

You won't get 60fps in cities in BDO. Unless you have CPU with 128GHz frequency.

Posted

I heard BDO uses multiple cores. Would waiting for the 8c Ryzen be a good upgrade? (For cities and such, with a 1080)

Doesn't matter, I have a 8350 black edition and get about 60 FPS running around, around 45-50 when I grind solo. However, as soon as I do world bosses, siege, RBF it still drops down to 15-20.

Posted (edited)

wish they just added an option to hide players on screen and make it so it can be toggled by keybind, so when you enter a town you can hide players and whenever you feel the need to, can also do it while at world bosses but I would leave it visible for that in case of PvP, in town though it's just pointless viewing all players on screen, or like other games put a slider so we can limit how much players we see on screen and or give it a small radius to load only players within a short distance of you because their view distance slider is garbage for that.

Also I'm running a GTX Titan X 12gb I still drop FPS to around 20-25 in towns, world boss I'm usually around 30-40 depending on amount of players there and 60 everywhere else.

Edited by Excisionex

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0