• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kunoichi or Ranger

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I am having trouble deciding between kunoichi and ranger.

I got my kuno to lvl 56 to test the awakening but I dislike how slow the combat is compared to the shortsword. My fear is also that in the kuno forum ppl say that you need to be ahead of everyone in gear all the time to be viable in all parts of the game (all pvp aspects mainly).

So I decided to make a ranger (got it to lvl 41 so far) after watching some end game farming videos.  I really liked how fast paced the combat looks after awakening and the option to play both ranged and melee. It looks more like an assassin than the kuno imo. The problem with ranger is that I read everywhere that it chugs potions and that is a big turn off plus the camera lock (for strafing forward) is inconvenient. 

I've been reading the forums for a while and it seems that everyone complains about how their class is lacking and this makes it even more confusing when I try to find good info. I want a class that I can play on all parts of the game since I don't like to spend time lvling my alts. So between these 2, ranger and kunoichi, which one should I choose? 

Posted

Kunoichi cant be Range dps but Ranger has Melee DPS as Kuno, TOns of aoe awakenings and Range dps.

But kuno has that hello kitty costume :D

Posted

If second awakening is coming and ranger gets a buff for her bow skillls , then she still might be better than kunoichi

Posted

Thanks for the replies. I decided to lvl the ranger to 56 eventually but I'll probably just use it as an alt for bosses. The pre-awakening grind on ranger is making me dizzy. Constantly strafing around monsters.

I will make a dark knight when it gets released in March and until then I'll use kuno to grind.

Posted (edited)

I played both up to 57, I dont care how good good Ranger is, the mana chugging is a huge turn off for me and Id play Kuno any day over Ranger, I agree at lvl56 Kuno is a very week class even for pve, but at level 58 its pretty neat.

Edited by Alex Gotcha

Posted

Yeah. the pot chugging made me lose interest in it too. Plus the A/D +F spam for killing mobs. It makes me fall asleep at the keyboard :D

Kuno is much more fun to grind with. And I don't know if it's weak since I didn't lvl any other class to 56 yet so can't complain there either. Perhaps dark knight will be a better mix of melee plus range skills than ranger. 

Posted

Problem with Kuno is that she doesn't gain access to her better flows and awakened abilities until lvl 58 and she is weak compared to other classes until then.  So you HAVE to get to lvl 58 to be able to play her properly.

Posted

Play ranger, you get a bow and sword and still do the flashy stuff.

Kunoichi can be good but be prepared to invest double the amount of time and skill or even cash (allot of it) to get to the same lvl as most average rangers.

The most highest guilds won't even accept shortsword classes anymore (kuno ninja and tamer).

Just don't bother with kuno take it as a alt later down the line.

Posted

Go 4 Ranger

Posted

So much negativity towards kuno. It's sad... Still tyvm for your replies.

Anyway I've already decided that i'll choose between dark knight and kuno for my main. And ranger will be an alt.

I just don't like the ranger so far (lvl 53). It's even hard for me to keep grinding till 56 on it. I'm sure the gameplay changes once i get the awaken but I prefer a class where both weapon skills feel good to me. 

Also I don't have much time to play right now so for the occasional grind I'm having more fun with kuno atm.  

Posted

without try the awakening, dont give up.