• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Petition]Remove Paymentwall

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i6ibgp.jpg

Today one of my friend just got also blocked, He was buying the game, this also happens to me and waited literally about a month to solve the issue, more and more people try to refrain from buying anything in the game because of paymentwall restriction system.

Even myself, whenever I buy pearls, I have to provide the one-time verification "they say" but it's not ONE-TIME its actually EVERYTIME when I'm making a purchase ingame. Really frustrating. And whats more frustrating is that the game admins not listening or making an action. We just demand getting rid of payment wall so we purchase with EASE. Yes, without all those verification every f time.

2e3wryb.jpg

Getting through the process of lifting our account from purchases restrictions already varies from a day to several days before we get a reply. Waiting for the refund from our banks/paypal/credit cards takes another week or 2... Do we really have to go all that process just buying something ingame?

I cannot count how many people tries to buy and support the game but have to deal with this B** Sh*t.

Similar threads regarding how payment wall suckss:

Edited by Sheetal
9 people like this

Posted

Agreed.  Paymentwall constantly flagging people for supposed "fraud check" for ridiculous or non-existent reasons, it really comes off looking like a scam.  I also know someone who wanted to purchase the base game and was blocked on their first attempt with a similar request for ID as my own issues.  They rolled their eyes, gave up and decided not to bother with it.  Can't really defend the game or company since I'm still unable to buy pearls myself and haven't gotten a non-automated response from Paymentwall after more than a week.

Posted (edited)

still no response.. eh? >:(

Edited by Sheetal

Posted

I've had zero response as well. I even went to the trouble to open Facebook and message them...I had no issue getting ahold of payment wall though. They happy asked me for the info I was uncomfortable giving them anyway 3 times before I got the nasty gram informing me that my account will forever be locked from purchases.  Makes me wonder what they are really thinking when i made it clear I was not comfortable making purchases through them because they asked for such "identification verification." Basically my account is blocked because I refused to give them my drivers license and bank info. Now they say they need that information to take off the block.  

But here is the real kicker, Paymentwall pulled the money out of my account before they asked for the verification. Then when i refused to give the info the transaction was cancelled. The 7 to 10 days they write about doesn't exist because the transaction is completely gone in 24 hours from the bank log. Therefore even if I wanted to send the "required documentation" I am unable to do so because the transaction no longer exists. This means if they are keeping other peoples money for 7-10 days they are banking it and making interest off it which I do believe is illegal (i could be wrong on that not 100% certain). Quite frankly either way it feels really hinky and sleazy. They aren't protecting against fraud they are making money off people and wrongfully getting their hands on information that PayPal doesn't even ask for. In fact they only ask for bank info if you want to connect your bank to PayPal. I realize they are the middle man to Paypal as well you blink thru a Paymentwall page to get to Paypal. However I've not see one person using Paypal get the "identification verification" to my knowledge. Would be interesting to see if those folks are being stopped too.

I consider myself a pretty patient person but the rage is starting to build as not one CM, GM, or whatever can be bothered to comment. Even if they can't do squat about it....it would be nice to know we are even being heard.

Posted (edited)

haha same here.

I just tried to buy EXPLORER'S PACKAGE a moment ago, and got this kitten wall...

This whole process is like Im not spending money on an ONLINE GAME, but applying a VISA.

Still waiting for the extremely slow response of that payment team lol.

Edited by Dedicatus

Posted

oh I got one email a day from paymentwall :)

Posted

very much agreed, the paymentwall is terrible

Posted

They are truly horrible everyone is a fraud until they say so.....shakes head...i will be forever blocked from making purchases as i won't give them my bank statement and license. i don't trust them. They have been reported to the BBB from what i could see. Any company that takes your money then asks for verification seems a bit sleazy to me.

Posted (edited)

I've had zero response as well. I even went to the trouble to open Facebook and message them...I had no issue getting ahold of payment wall though. They happy asked me for the info I was uncomfortable giving them anyway 3 times before I got the nasty gram informing me that my account will forever be locked from purchases.  Makes me wonder what they are really thinking when i made it clear I was not comfortable making purchases through them because they asked for such "identification verification." Basically my account is blocked because I refused to give them my drivers license and bank info. Now they say they need that information to take off the block.  

But here is the real kicker, Paymentwall pulled the money out of my account before they asked for the verification. Then when i refused to give the info the transaction was cancelled. The 7 to 10 days they write about doesn't exist because the transaction is completely gone in 24 hours from the bank log. Therefore even if I wanted to send the "required documentation" I am unable to do so because the transaction no longer exists. This means if they are keeping other peoples money for 7-10 days they are banking it and making interest off it which I do believe is illegal (i could be wrong on that not 100% certain). Quite frankly either way it feels really hinky and sleazy. They aren't protecting against fraud they are making money off people and wrongfully getting their hands on information that PayPal doesn't even ask for. In fact they only ask for bank info if you want to connect your bank to PayPal. I realize they are the middle man to Paypal as well you blink thru a Paymentwall page to get to Paypal. However I've not see one person using Paypal get the "identification verification" to my knowledge. Would be interesting to see if those folks are being stopped too.

I consider myself a pretty patient person but the rage is starting to build as not one CM, GM, or whatever can be bothered to comment. Even if they can't do squat about it....it would be nice to know we are even being heard.

Your theory got a point. Very sleazy indeed. The downside is that its hard in our side to prove that its happening. Only them knows.

Anyway back to the topic... seriously, bdo team, the most important thing to make a game last is to listen to the players itself. We don't want paymentwall. Simple as that. Who wants to buy a costume or pet ingame and have to wait for half a month before the purchase is valid???. Very silly.

I bet if you get rid of it 99% of your cash shop / game sales rise up.. BDO team happy, players happy = win - win.

Edited by Sheetal

Posted (edited)

At this point, this is becoming nothing more than information collection. After my ordeal, I asked Paymentwall to delete or dispose of the images they requested since they had verified my account and that was what they needed them for. Over several back and forth emails with them, which most of theirs was full of typos and really degraded my trust in them retaining any personal information on me, they informed me that they would delete the images but my account would no longer be verified and I could have my account locked again in the future.

What in the hell are you doing Kakao?

@GM_Caramel @GM_Axion @GM_Dew

Edited by Jaxen
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

At this point, this is becoming nothing more than information collection. After my ordeal, I asked Paymentwall to delete or dispose of the images they requested since they had verified my account and that was what they needed them for. Over several back and forth emails with them, which most of theirs was full of typos and really degraded my trust in them retaining any personal information on me, they informed me that they would delete the images but my account would no longer be verified and I could have my account locked again in the future.

What in the hell are you doing Kakao?

@GM_Caramel @GM_Axion @GM_Dew

Agreed although I didn't even feel comfortable giving them the information in the first place. Just seems like an unnecessary information dig. I bought my mum an account before the trials were offered even...I've instructed her to not every use a credit card if she wants pearl items to only use PayPal and never give out her info.

Edited by Deyaneria
1 person likes this

Posted

Day one of playing and I agree.  I have never gotten into any large MMO's before.  I loved Vindictus' combat though and wanted something somewhat similar.  This game tickled my fancy like no other, and I really want to buy it with the explorers pack. 

With that said I hope Kakao can partner up with someone a little more professional and operable before my 7 day trial runs out!  I want to love you and stay!!

Posted (edited)

ok this is really bad. I downloaded BDO 3 or 4 days ago to give it a try (old EQ player). I have been playing since and am thinking hmmm I could do this for a few months maybe.

Last night I decide to get the explorers pack. No big deal, i go to the BDO website, pick my pack enter my info and click pay. OK waiting, waiting, hm  bam, I am now told I need bank statements and passport or DL. WTF? I then do a google search and find I should just use paypal. OK no problem. I've had paypal for 10 plus years its bank account linked. I then go to BDO website and re-purchase using paypal. Problem solved. Not so easy smart guy. ACCOUNT LOCKED. WTF? I have never been involved with a legit company that is so eager to turn potential customers into haters. Now as i type this I have a fraud alert my debit card for charges in the Netherlands that I have to deal with. WOW.

Also The bank says they took my money as well. I frankly don't understand how it is legal to take the money then have additional undisclosed requirements to actually deliver on what they have already been payed for. None of this was disclosed before the transaction was completed. I smell a rat.

I will report this as fraud to my card company if it is not resolved by end of day. I am done with BDO.

Here is a copy of the paymentwall info that was given to me. The money has not been returned as yet.

Dear User,

Your US $49.99 payment made on Feb 8, 2017 8:45 AM using your Credit card in Black Desert Online was canceled by our anti-fraud team. Money were returned to the account holder.

To unblock this account, please provide us with your payment receipt and a copy of the account holder's ID (driver's license, passport or any other additional information that confirms this payment). If you have more than one account with this application, please let us know the details about them. You can attach all this info by clicking the button below and making an inquiry or you can send it to paymentsupport@paymentwall.com, indicating 'Verification for CID 10929*****' in subject.

Thank you,
Paymentwall Team

Edited by paymentwallsux
1 person likes this

Posted

I feel your pain @paymentwallsux. I got lucky in the fact that my money was returned immediately. But they do hold people's money for the 7 to 10 days and that means they are making interest off it. Also they try to get you to make an account giving them the information you felt uncomfortable with anyway.  To get your account unblocked they require the same information. I went to the Facebook and asked for help I got a reply last night. We'll see if it makes any difference. I'll keep everyone updated. 

Posted

i get a paymentwall error all the time i try to purchase something but my purchases are fullfilled and the money gets booked ...  xD

Posted (edited)

@cann0nf0dder this isn't an error this a blatant attempt at taking sensitive information. I think you may have misunderstood the situation. We have attempted to purchase. Had our money taken and then told we need to give them sensitive information. If we refuse to give the info our accounts are blocked from buying after they have taken our money. They tell us it will take 7-10 days to reimburse us and if we want a "quicker resolution" we need to give them the documentation we were uncomfortable with anyway. If we wish to unblock the account we have send the same documentation. In the meantime they are making interest on our funds. If you go through PayPal (which has it's own verification) there is no issue though. My account will probably be forever locked from purchases because I don't want to give this company my driver's license and bank statement.

Edited by Deyaneria

Posted (edited)

My account got blocked as well for making purchases, yet they did only take 2 or 3 days to give me back the money. I still don't agree on Kakao using this Paymentwall for purchases though. It's really annoying and I am not gonna give out my sensitive information over the internet. It's the first time I hear a company do this kind of ----.

Edited by RabbitTouka
1 person likes this

Posted

My husband put in his info and the payment wall shut down and said payment failed. So he tried again. Then both times went through. I won't say how I'd react if my bank account had been overdrawn by this.  Also out of 4 different cards only 1 is accepted. Its a bunch of BS to deal with!

Posted

I find it ironic the name of the company is "paymentwall". No shyte.\

They also have the testicles to suggest sending a copy of my passport! I had to show my passport to get a global travel pass. That was to the government. This is way too sketch for me. I dont trust the game company if they are in bed with paymentwall.

It looks like the charge is gone from my bank so I could not comply with their demands if I wanted to. Wow perma ban before I got started. Nice game.

I have sent an e-mail to PaymentWall requesting an unlock of the account as I intend to use only paypal at this point. If this doesnt work I guess thats it.

oh and here is a link to more bad reviews.

Pissed off customers

Posted

It probably won't as I did the same thing. Thinking the same as you to take of the block they will ask you again for "identity verification." However I did get a response from Black
Desert.

GM Haliaeetus (Black Desert Online)

Feb 8, 16:57 CET

Greetings adventurer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm Game Master Haliaeetus and I'll be assisting you with your ticket today.

I am really sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied about our partnership with Paymentwall. We partnered with them to improve our services in order to help our players faster and more efficiently and avoid some issues like the ones we had during the Black Friday Sales, for example.

I have looked through the conversation that you have sent me and the documents they are requesting (the ID for example) are the documents that we ask as well in our procedures (such as email changes), so it is not really different. About the other information required, it is just a difference in our old procedures, which is something we would have done anyway even without this partnership.

Unfortunately, since you did not wish to give them the information requested, they could not proceed further with your request and unblock your account. If I could, I would have contacted them to try to speed up the process a bit, but if you do not wish to send the information they requested, unfortunately, nothing I could say would help since that would go against their policies.

Although I can understand your frustration, I am really sorry to hear that you are having such a bad experience. In this case, I would recommend sending them over the documentation in question and I'm sure that they will get your issue resolved in no time.

I am going to close this ticket as solved since there is unfortunately nothing I can do in this case but please do not hesitate to reply to this email to re-open your ticket if I can help you with anything else.

I wish you a very nice day.

Kind regards,

GM Haliaeetus
English Game Master

Posted

Okay, Haliaeetus and friends, WHY do we need to provide a passport JUST to play a game.  No thanks.  If paymentwall isn't either fixed or dropped completely by day 7 of my trial, Kakao loses a good costumer.  (I spend a lot on games if I like them)
Pity.. considering quitting now cause of it.

Posted

bump

Posted

Kashkow....sorry Kakao don´t care, even with 100% Negative Feedback they just don´t care.

I have never seen such Shit in 20 Years of MMO Gaming..... can´t understand how stupid Kakao is to partner up with a 100% negative Company.....

Posted

Kashkow....sorry Kakao don´t care, even with 100% Negative Feedback they just don´t care.

I have never seen such Shit in 20 Years of MMO Gaming..... can´t understand how stupid Kakao is to partner up with a 100% negative Company.....

Because BBB matters so much, right? It's not like Paypal has a 91% negative score as well and is used by million or people regardless.