• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Petition]Remove Paymentwall

68 posts in this topic

Posted

At least Paypal don´t block People on a pure RNG Basis or based on personal feeling of their so called "Anti Fraud-Team".

4 people like this

Posted

At least Paypal don´t block People on a pure RNG Basis or based on personal feeling of their so called "Anti Fraud-Team".

they do. at least they did. They asked me a birth certificate on my first purchase right after i did the verification thingy for 1.5€ . Could never use the account.

The answer I gave them looked a bit like your avatar.
PaySafeCard ftw now.

Posted

they do. at least they did. They asked me a birth certificate on my first purchase right after i did the verification thingy for 1.5€ . Could never use the account.

The answer I gave them looked a bit like your avatar.
PaySafeCard ftw now.

No idea... i use Paypal since 17 Years for "everything", never ever got Problems.

Posted

first purchase and they noticed a "suspicious activity" compared to my purchase history, something like that... hence the finger.

1 person likes this

Posted

This post should be replaced back on the General 

You know this 7-10 business day is complete utter bullshit - its a loop hole online banks use so they can have this  "Money up in the cloud" so they can make a little extra from on your own time..  How? I would day trade.. 

Posted

Because BBB matters so much, right? It's not like Paypal has a 91% negative score as well and is used by million or people regardless.

And i refuse Paypal as well, in past games they have taken money, and not given it to the game, so peoples accounts were locked until they paid a second time.

Posted

Everyone needs to send a e-mail  to compliance@paypal.com - with a screensh ot paymentwall e-mail, show that were  requesting copy of your bank statement/ID - this does goes against paypal services agreement.

Posted

Everyone needs to send a e-mail  to compliance@paypal.com - with a screensh ot paymentwall e-mail, show that were  requesting copy of your bank statement/ID - this does goes against paypal services agreement.

They will just remove Paypal as a payment Option, and then i force you to pay for me because i only use Paypal.

Posted

maybe... but kaokao aint the only company using paymentwall

Posted

As a returning player, i allso wonder why my so called account is "blocked" by these people at paymentwall , when i write to then, they seems more likely to be some random indian scammer company, than anything else.
They wont answer me why my account is blocked, but keeps pushing for some photoID and photo of my creditcard..... like thats ever going to happen.

What i dont quite understand, why do they mess about with paypal transactions?, i got a paypal account thats verified and all, but unable to use.

I cant imagine how much money they are loosing due to having these amatures as there payment service, never in my 20+ years of MMO gaming have i encountered anything as low as this :(

1 person likes this

Posted

I just tried to buy the game also, the 9.99 version, went with debit/credit card, put in my details, then I get this verification pop up, it completes, n then pops up saying we need your drivers license n payment recipe, but, how am I suppose to have a copy of the transaction recipe? unless I do internet banking (which I don't), that's impossible until my bank statement gets here, so am I suppose to wait a month before I can verify this? In the end, I only gave my drivers license cause that's all I could, then another progress bar popped up but didn't move after 10 minutes, so I closed it, and I cant even try a different method cause payment wall pops up saying my payment failed, but I've had no emails or anything confirming this. I dont know if the moneys been taken or not, I dont know how long this verification is suppose to take etc. I've played a fair amount of mmos n I have never seen this type of thing implemented on payments before.

Posted (edited)

I agree payement wall shoul be removed I want to work with paypal not payementwall . I select paypal as method of payement  then get blocked by payment wall. sent them a email and they ask me for a pictures of my passport , driver licence, credit card , national id front and back. I mean wtf is this bullshit  it not even legal to ask for this stuff for a micro transaction . As if I was going to give them any of this too . That  it utterly unprofessional when I need to confirm a credit card on paypal I entrer my credit car on there website  they make a confirmation check by charging 2 dollar on my credit card all I need to do is give them the number of the code of the 2 $ charge they refund me the charge and it'S done . No passport driver licence national id  they dont even need that information at all. 

They dont even have reason to flag you as fraud nor do they have any valid reason to ask for all those detail.

Edited by Inomi
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

My blood is boiling right now. They're asking for a copy of my debit card front and back, after I showed them my ID card. WHY THE HECK WOULD I DO THAT, ANYONE FROM THERE CAN USE MY CARD IF I DO THAT. This whole thing about fraud activity, what a joke. This company is a joke. So intrusive just to buy a cute costume for my god damn character. Never, and I mean NEVER has this happened to me before. I showed them my ID, my transactions from my bank's website, and the same transaction from accounts information. I wanted to buy 30 dollars of daum cash. I give up, Black Desert you're not having my money. There is ABSOLUTELY, NO WAY, I'm working any further to unlock my account with these assholes. Can a GM or someone else actually help me? This is some of the most shady, untrustworthy, intrusive, unnecessarily annoying support ever. For ----- SAKE, I SHOWED THEM PROOF THAT I AM THE ACTUAL OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT!!!!!

Capture.JPG

Yo man, I am done with these guys....I'm tired of feeling like criminal...... It been 10 days of bull crap emails......I work long hours in the snow and I come back home and its the same ol shit with this guys.....At first I showed them my state ID but only showed my full name and block the ID number and bar codes etc. But NO they want to see the whole card.  Maybe I was foolish for wanting to protect myself. They want to see everything about you. At this point I might as well tell them my full SSN. Like wtf dude, I showed them my ID with my full name, my debit card with information stated in the picture above, and the bank I use my debit card for and the actual transaction in my bank that took place. How can this be acceptable? I mean its obviously not, that's why these threads are here. But seriously though, how in the world can they let a company that would just block you out of nowhere then demand PII... This is whole paymentwall thing is just so bizarre because never in 6+ years of buying micro transactions, playing mmos, or subscribing to mmos has this ever happened. And I'm serious too. This is probably the last time I am gonna rant here, cause I'm more than likely gonna go elsewhere. Guess I will stay restricted forever. Peace out.

Edited by PockyPoki
Im so tired of this payment system
1 person likes this

Posted

be-careful  about sending a copy image of anything - if you do make sure you screen shot the edit image so the data cant not be restored from the edited image. 

Posted (edited)

Dont send them anything at all point they dont need this information if they really need to confirm yournot a fraud they would have charged your credit card with2 dollars and ask you to give them the code of the transaction that show on your bank account .  Just like paypal does that all that need to verify a credit card I worked in these companies before and never in 6 years of experience did I ever ask anyone for a national id or passport!!  Also As I mentionned before it not legal to ask for this for micro transaction .  Do they have any legitemate reason to think your a fraud ? They need to tell it in your right to know that how the law works go ask your bank they will tell youit  within your rights . 

What bothers me the most is that kakao does not seem to be doing anything about it. I would like to know if this happenes to them would they give a picture or there passport driver licence credit card to a company they clearly know very little to nothing about ? and all that by email the most unsafe way to give such important information ? Not only is not safe it lack professionnalism to a point I have never seen before truly astouding considering when you ask then if they have a  legitimate reason to believe I am a fraud they just cant answers you ''Please we understand your concern but know that we follow strict rule to ensure your information is safe .   WHHAAT ?  SO THEY HAVE NO reason to believe your a fraud they just need information randomly ...

Edited by Inomi
1 person likes this

Posted

I just ran into this payment wall issue a few days ago trying to prepare for DK release. Normally I use Paypal, but since I have a Paypal debit card I was just going to take out a few extra seconds(or so I thought..) and just type out the card info. It makes no sense that they asked for my personal info and because I backed out of it(who wouldn't..?) I'm now blocked from using the Paypal alternative as well. I've never seen anything like this. The worst part is even if I was ok with sending them the info to unblock my account, I still couldn't even do that because there is no transaction on my statement.  

Sent a ticket to Kakao right after it happened, but still no reply. I was told they had great customer service, however so far I'm not impressed. 

Posted

they will not help you ace, unless you send in your information no more pearls on that account. 

Posted

This paywall is garbage , I've never had such a hard time making a purchase online , the information there requesting is completely out of line , they won't allow me to make another purchase unless I provide more and more info even after I submitted what they requested , going back and forth with them has been a terrible experience 

Posted

I got blocked today, i bought daum cash yday without problems but today, i'm blocked. Looks like Daum don't want our money anymore, its kinda stupid i cba to very every payment i make, it's just stupid, never got any problems before.

Posted

I also got hit with payment wall and have been going in endless circles with them. I am not sending a copy of my ID. Period. I told them ask for something else, call me and get information last four, whatever. But they are not getting copied images of anything of mine. They sound more like an illegal fisher site than fisher sites. I honestly think legal matters need to be taken, they just do not seem legit to me at all. I've been paying for pearls since release and suddenly they want this kind of info from me?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So yeah, they want no edits at all when you send your ID.. They just want everything about you. Sad part is that they validated the payment I did before is indeed payed by me. At this point I am at a loss, screw this company. Even showing evidence of payment that its ---->VALID<----is not good enough. It's even worse too that you can't even call them either. I asked if there is a number I can contact, no reply.... They will dodge that question all day. Guys, be careful with them. 

Side note: I am extremely salty now that a coupon is going on at this moment.

Capture.JPG

Well then after some more emails and talking, I'm able to get off the restriction finally..... GL with you guys 

Edited by PockyPoki
Finally off restrictions.
1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting thread where much of what has been voiced is what I have also experienced. As I mention in a separate thread, I tried to purchase this game while it has been on discount and I was promptly asked to provide an electronic copy of my identification. I have had multiple email communications with Paymentwall and received the same response worded in different ways that my account has been locked and I will need to provide them an electronic copy of my identification and other documentation they have requested to unlock the account.  However, the problem with this type of request is that they will likely be storing the information that they collect onto their servers, which have the potential to be compromised whether due to human error or an unknown exploit in their security measures even if their security measures are in line with industry standards.  As I explained to them I am not comfortable with their request and will not be providing an electronic copy of my identification.  I even explained to them that my credit card company has an active fraud department that they could reach out to for the purposes of verifying the purchase, but they have refused to deviate from their policy.  I have never experienced this type of policy before for a $25 online purchase (I was purchasing the discounted conqueror's package).  Why not make the game free to pay so that people can actually play the game without having to provide extensive amount of personally identifiable information.  What a shame.

Posted (edited)

I bought the game last month by signing into PayPal. Got a couple "internal error" messages but eventually was as able to buy the game.

Tried to buy pearls the same way for the last week but kept getting "internal error" so I used my PayPal debit card instead. Now I'm blocked and the smallest images my phone can take are too big. They suggest "You may upload the file on http://imgur.com/ and send to us the link of the file/s."

If I didn't think this whole thing was dumb and sketchy before I sure as hell do now. If Kakao wants my money they'll drop Paymentwall, I don't need the cash store bad enough to deal with them.

Thank God for PayPal though because I used my PayPal card Paymentwall never scammed me out of $100.

Edited by Sungila

Posted

The worst part of all this is that requesting this information from us is not security. All it does is put honest people more at risk. In any retail sale where you are asked to show ID when using a card the person requesting the information can verify physically that YOU are the person on the ID with the card with same name. And none of this information is recorded. If you walk into a store and the cashier asks you for ID, you show him, he looks at you, then the ID, then credit card. Hands it all back, makes the sale. What would you do if this cashier suddenly whipped out his cell phone and took a picture of them? You'd demand a manager, and most likely call the police.

Posted

I just ran into this payment wall issue a few days ago trying to prepare for DK release. Normally I use Paypal, but since I have a Paypal debit card I was just going to take out a few extra seconds(or so I thought..) and just type out the card info. It makes no sense that they asked for my personal info and because I backed out of it(who wouldn't..?) I'm now blocked from using the Paypal alternative as well. I've never seen anything like this. The worst part is even if I was ok with sending them the info to unblock my account, I still couldn't even do that because there is no transaction on my statement.  

Sent a ticket to Kakao right after it happened, but still no reply. I was told they had great customer service, however so far I'm not impressed.

This is exactly what just happened to me.