• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RNG Killing this game

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Right. I'm done.  I really am, all this game is, is a hamster wheel.  Where you go round and round and round and round.  All your progress get's completely screwed over by RNG.  Forcing you to grind grind grind to get enough money to fail again. I've spent the entire morning and 100's millions trying to get a blue coral from PRI to DUO.  That's it a god damn blue coral. Last fail was on 32 stacks.  I've got PRI witches at 8 stacks, DUO MOS at 12 stacks.  The RNG has literally destroyed me and I can't be arsed to get back on the grind treadmill.

I know it won't change, but I'm sick of it.  As much as I like this game, I'm done because of god damn RNG.

Edited by Cyrus Glitch
1 person likes this

Posted

You no say.. Just got 8 chars on 48 stacks trying to TRI Bheg gloves after 1 failed TET attempt. This RNG is just retarded

Posted

Well they are adding the cron energy to help make the rng a little less awful, but if you're having so much of a problem with a duo blue coral ring, just buy one off the mp. They aren't expensive and a lot of them have been sold in the past so it wouldn't be hard c:

Posted

with 100mil you can just spam blue corals at 0fs if you want duo

3 people like this

Posted

Well they are adding the cron energy to help make the rng a little less awful, but if you're having so much of a problem with a duo blue coral ring, just buy one off the mp. They aren't expensive and a lot of them have been sold in the past so it wouldn't be hard c:

Tried that, they are all sniped off the market, my pre-order's never complete.  It's not just blue corals, but that's an example.  I've failed on going to TRI, TET etc.. on items.  It's like ground hog day and just end's up frustrating you.

with 100mil you can just spam blue corals at 0fs if you want duo

Honestly will that even work?!  I've burnt though about 300 mil today on building stacks and trying DUO on ONE shitty little god damn earing.  I gave up on DUO witches due to cost, that's why I went to Blue Corals :P

Posted (edited)

the only thing that is killing this game is the QQers who cry about the RNG

if you don't accept the rules of this game just quit it cuz isn't for you, simple as that

Edited by Laforet
4 people like this

Posted

if you don't accept the rules of this game just quit it cuz isn't for you, simple as that

QQing about QQing? And how does a QQer kill the game? Not very intelligent or constructive are you?

For me the worst aspect of the RNG is the backward step on fail. I can handle the not succeeding, it's the blowing up accessories or downgrading TRI gear that destroys players. The Cron stones were supposed to help that but they cost stupidly too much so they are not an option for anything you care about (and even they fail 30% of the time ffs!).

2 people like this

Posted

I will QQ about his QQing to others QQings about RNG.

dont know what i just said...

Posted (edited)

I came back to BDO and im slowly upgrading my gear via marketplace with silver i make. It's a slow process but its much better than having to deal with RNG crap. And if you really want a certain item wouldn't u say camping the marketplace waiting to snipe the item yourself while doing something else in the background is much less frustrating? Id say so.

Edited by Snuffs Baggins

Posted

Yeeeessss....  yeeeeeeeeeessssssss....  let the  rage flow through you....  yeeeeeeeesssssss 

Meh...  its not that bad...  I've seen worse.  Although accessories blowing up is annoying. However, after you blow up your first 1/2 bill item "You gon lurn today!" Moment kicks in and you say to yourself...  neat...  so never doing that again.  Then just save up that cash and buy whatever TRI/TET item you want.  Just save silver, that is my advice, when you get to the 1-2 bill range in items there is not much competition buying.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

So next time grind the silver and pre-order it. I just bought a TRI Dandelion with 0 frustration. If you don't want to overpay that's understandable, but that's a choice you're making. You're basically gambling to spend less than what's normally required.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

Yeeeessss....  yeeeeeeeeeessssssss....  let the  rage flow through you....  yeeeeeeeesssssss 

Meh...  its not that bad...  I've seen worse.  Although accessories blowing up is annoying. However, after you blow up your first 1/2 bill item "You gon lurn today!" Moment kicks in and you say to yourself...  neat...  so never doing that again.  Then just save up that cash and buy whatever TRI/TET item you want.  Just save silver, that is my advice, when you get to the 1-2 bill range in items there is not much competition buying.

Good luck when everybody starts taking that advice.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good luck when everybody starts taking that advice.

Obviously if everyone followed that advice it wouldn't work. But if someone either strongly dislikes rng, or is about to quit due to it then it's definitely good advice to follow. Like Zegram said, once you get in 1b+ territory competition is very limited. It's noticable even on TET dande's sitting on MP for up to 30 minutes sometimes.

Posted

Hahahahahahahaha How The Hell Is RNG Burnout Real Hahahaha Shitta Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Shitta Close Your Eyes Haha

laf.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I failstacked and RNG'd my way to this:

Kx6UC6n.jpg

I'll now avoid enchanting wherever possible and just buy my gear for the most part. I've got no real interest in going full tet/pen so for me I just feel pleased that, aside from a few accessory upgrades, a dande weapon, and the kutum/nouver sub-weapon, I'm pretty much where I want to be.

Posted

Obviously if everyone followed that advice it wouldn't work. But if someone either strongly dislikes rng, or is about to quit due to it then it's definitely good advice to follow. Like Zegram said, once you get in 1b+ territory competition is very limited. It's noticable even on TET dande's sitting on MP for up to 30 minutes sometimes.

I've been looking at that tet kutum for a while.....then the saying goes; good luck getting that one billion.

*Kappa*

At least in my case.

Posted

I failstacked and RNG'd my way to this:

Kx6UC6n.jpg

I'll now avoid enchanting wherever possible and just buy my gear for the most part. I've got no real interest in going full tet/pen so for me I just feel pleased that, aside from a few accessory upgrades, a dande weapon, and the kutum/nouver sub-weapon, I'm pretty much where I want to be.

WJ. Still can't awestruck by that tet Liverto.

Do what I'm doing! Crone your TeTs!

To the op.

Accessory enchantment is fine, or would be fine if the main gear could be forced to pen. The system like plus 15 was best yet. If we had the option to force or way tip PEN armour and weapons, it would take care of so many issues in my opinion and we'd still have the RNG accessory treadmill to QQ over

Posted

Dude,if you hate RNG just buy your stuff.

I know sometimes you can't buy everything but try it.

Posted (edited)

I've been looking at that tet kutum for a while.....then the saying goes; good luck getting that one billion.

*Kappa*

At least in my case.

It's really not that hard to get 1B. I'm a slacker but can make ~100M a day relatively easily ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

One thing I know I could never do is grind for days/weeks only to blow all of it on a gamble. I'd rather spend nearly 1b on a TRI Dandi (which I did) than enchant and go through the frustration of failing. Had enough of that in Aion and ArcheAge..

Edited by Eppo

Posted (edited)

"Killing this game?"  Killed it is more like it.  my guess is most people that left this game left it due to how the RNG gear system works.  AWESOME game, WORST RNG system I have ever seen.

I am playing other games and will only come back if they fix the RNG- which is easy Just make crone stones used at the value of the upgrade give you 100 success rate.  SIMPLE

That would be like buying it of the AH.  Now weeks of work are not at the mercy of a dice roll. 

Cause frankly the stuff you want IS NOT FOR SALE, its to hard to make and get. 

Edited by Dastone

Posted (edited)

"Killing this game?"  Killed it is more like it.  my guess is most people that left this game left it due to how the RNG gear system works.  AWESOME game, WORST RNG system I have ever seen.

I am playing other games and will only come back if they fix the RNG- which is easy Just make crone stones used at the value of the upgrade give you 100 success rate.  SIMPLE

That would be like buying it of the AH.  Now weeks of work are not at the mercy at a dice roll. 

Quitting due to a system that's entirely optional is moronic. Everything can be bought with relative ease for the right price. Will it be more expensive than enchanting it yourself? Probably, but that's the trade-off.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

RNG is one of the things I personally like about the game ^^. While sure, it's frustrating af at times, it's still good Imo. 

Keeps the richest from reaching TET/PEN too easily :P 

Posted

So say no to RNG and spend that 100M silver on buying item from the market.

Simple solutuion :) Leave RNG to others lol

What do you prefer in the end? Spending few hours at MP and wait for your item and you get it without risk. Or you can go play your RNG and loose everything and get nothing in return. Do the math.

Posted

That would be like buying it of the AH.  Now weeks of work are not at the mercy of a dice roll. 

Cause frankly the stuff you want IS NOT FOR SALE, its to hard to make and get. 

I wish it were like this.

RNG is one of the things I personally like about the game ^^. While sure, it's frustrating af at times, it's still good Imo. 

Keeps the richest from reaching TET/PEN too easily :P 

rich players will be able to reach tet and pen easier than everyone else because all it takes is money. money is the bottleneck... with alot of money you can keep failing and keep enchanting

Posted

The issue with removing RNG down to "reasonable levels" is that something ELSE has to come in to serve as the primary resource Sink.

Other games have tried permanent Durability Loss on high end gear but a good portion of their player base simply couldn't handle it.  Really OLD games just made you have a yardsale on the ground if you got PK'd which pretty much NO ONE could handle these days except for those Libertarian nuts who are responsible for so many Early Access Survival games being on Steam.   ...aside from those 2 options ... the only one left is what WOW does ... which is basically infinite Power Creep which is the most grossly retarded of all of the possible Methods to side step inflation and Resource Glut  (b/c it simply renders most resources and older items obsolete)

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0