• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can I still get Sharp and Hard Black Crystal Shards from farming?

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, new player here so be forewarned this might be a stupid question.

Saw some guides around reddit and the forums here showing how to get sharp and hard black crystal shards from farming (more specifically pruning plants/ killing bugs). So far I have 4 large farms full of sun flowers in a humid area set up and I just play farming simulator all day.... so far, no luck but is it because my farming level is simply too low? (Apprentive 6). Or is it because its no longer possible to get shards this way?

Edited by Fauls Hulp
spelling

Posted

Hi, new player here so be forewarned this might be a stupid question.

Saw some guides around reddit and the forums here showing how to get sharp and hard black crystal shards from farming (more specifically pruning plants/ killing bugs). So far I have 4 large farms full of sun flowers in a humid area set up and I just play farming simulator all day.... so far, no luck but is it because my farming level is simply too low? (Apprentive 6). Or is it because its no longer possible to get shards this way?

Drop rate for shards is abyssmal and was nerfed massively a while back. Really needs to be increased imo

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not worth it.

It's x100 times better to use your mains energy on gathering for shards, because you can use magic&lucky tools and increased drop rate food+yellow alchemy stone.

They still drops consistently from pruning and once in a blue moon from killing bugs, but no way near the amount you get from gathering. 

I think pruning is a decent way to dump your alts energy though. That is, if you dont need extra energy for Night Vendor or cant be bothered getting them to skilled 5 gathering.

Posted

talk to Gravity, they would know.

Posted

It's not worth it.

It's x100 times better to use your mains energy on gathering for shards, because you can use magic&lucky tools and increased drop rate food+yellow alchemy stone.

They still drops consistently from pruning and once in a blue moon from killing bugs, but no way near the amount you get from gathering. 

I think pruning is a decent way to dump your alts energy though. That is, if you dont need extra energy for Night Vendor or cant be bothered getting them to skilled 5 gathering.

So does that mean semi-afk shoveling in Valencia is the way to go? (at least for more passive shard gain) Or do I should I just run around to gather whatever? 

Sorry, but I'm new at BDO. Who's that?

Posted

So does that mean semi-afk shoveling in Valencia is the way to go? (at least for more passive shard gain) Or do I should I just run around to gather whatever? 

Latest trend is lumbering...

Posted

When you're gathering normally such as lumbering/blood collecting you can use more energy quickly which makes it seem like the droprate is better. In farming your energy usage is spread out across locations and time waiting for bird/insect damage to your crop so it just seems like there's a lower rate.

You need to purposefully plant your crops in unsuitable conditions to encourage bird/insect damage for more instances of when you can prune/kill insects.

Posted

Farming drop rate is higher, but since you can only plant so many farm's abs harvest them so many times, it feels and probably is slower than gathering for mats.

I do both, gather and farm.

But I do both because I earn massive moolah from it. So the shard drop rate doesn't bother me

Posted

Farming drop rate is higher, but since you can only plant so many farm's abs harvest them so many times, it feels and probably is slower than gathering for mats.

I do both, gather and farm.

But I do both because I earn massive moolah from it. So the shard drop rate doesn't bother me

Whats a good way to make money from farming? I'm planting mostly highquality sunflowers and packing them in Heidel right now.

Posted

Whats a good way to make money from farming? I'm planting mostly highquality sunflowers and packing them in Heidel right now.

erm. If you're packing them, make special quality and pack them as far west as you can

I grow stuff I need for cooking and alchemy.

You can also check the market for which food/herbs/vegetables sell well in you server abs grow those to sell in the market

Posted

Sorry, but I'm new at BDO. Who's that?

It's a guild who had a majority of members that exploited a "gathering in desert"/shovel bug. I say had as most (if not all) of those exploiters got banned. 

Also, afk gathering is terrible compared to active gathering (blood, trees, furs/animal skins, herbs, butchering, minerals and so on = active gathering). 

Posted

Yes, it's still possible. I got two Sharp Black Crystal Shards yesterday harvesting my onions.

Posted

It's a guild who had a majority of members that exploited a "gathering in desert"/shovel bug. I say had as most (if not all) of those exploiters got banned. 

Also, afk gathering is terrible compared to active gathering (blood, trees, furs/animal skins, herbs, butchering, minerals and so on = active gathering). 

Yeah... and you cant get any sharp while getting water :(

Posted

They bought new accounts and a GM gave them old guild back with all the old funds.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0