• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you guys think we can get a PVE channel?

135 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Maybe just one. Or maybe a day a or two out of the entire week where there is a channel that has no pvp? That would be nice. lol

Edited by AlexHuaTIan
spelling
2 people like this

Posted

Didn't read.

The answer is no.

There's already enough people in my spot as it is.

10 people like this

Posted

Worst idea ever. 

2 people like this

Posted

image.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

wouldn't be a problem if we also get some pvp channels (no karma penalty)

7 people like this

Posted

What PvP?
BDO has no PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted

wouldn't be a problem if we also get some pvp channels (no karma penalty)

That would be cool.

Posted

PvP players salty because they can't kill for fun and actually have to put in effort in a PvP channel. Why else would they be against PvE channels (✿◡‿◡)

6 people like this

Posted

I like this idea.  I do think there should be a few rules put into place for both using that channel and the channel itself.

1. If you choose to use a PvE-only channel, you won't be able to use any of the other channels for 30 days.
  2. When those 30 days are up, all channels will become available to choose again, but choosing a PvE-only channel again will reapply restrictions from rule "1".
  3. On a PvE-only channel, quest updates are shared amongst anyone who participated in the kill of an enemy.  Everyone who participated in the kill of an enemy gets their own loot.
  4. Duels are the only form of PvP allowed.  Nothing is lost in these duels.
  5. All other forms of PvP are disabled.
10 people like this

Posted

I like this idea.  I do think there should be a few rules put into place for both using that channel and the channel itself.

1. If you choose to use a PvE-only channel, you won't be able to use any of the other channels for 30 days.
  2. When those 30 days are up, all channels will become available to choose again, but choosing a PvE-only channel again will reapply restrictions from rule "1".
  3. On a PvE-only channel, quest updates are shared amongst anyone who participated in the kill of an enemy.  Everyone who participated in the kill of an enemy gets their own loot.
  4. Duels are the only form of PvP allowed.  Nothing is lost in these duels.
  5. All other forms of PvP are disabled.

I like this idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe just one. Or maybe a day a or two out of the entire week where there is a channel that has no pvp? That would be nice. lol

You REALLY didn't think through just how utterly infested with griefers this junk channel would be did you?

Posted

Wondering if this would purposefully exclude people from node wars.  If not hope you would enjoy trying to outfarm the 240+ AP wizards/witches, that will take advantage of being able to farm over everyone with no issues.

Posted

You REALLY didn't think through just how utterly infested with griefers this junk channel would be did you?

You mean people who farm in your spot? The channel is just an option. No one is forced to go there. Lets say you go to that channel and people farm in "your" spot. Then you can take the risk of going back to a regular channel.

Or you can just stay in that channel. I actually dont mind getting outfarmed by mages so long as its pve.

2 people like this

Posted

You mean people who farm in your spot? The channel is just an option. No one is forced to go there. Lets say you go to that channel and people farm in "your" spot. Then you can take the risk of going back to a regular channel.

Or you can just stay in that channel. I actually dont mind getting outfarmed by mages so long as its pve.

First of all, the last part is obviously nonsense. If you didn't mind getting outfarmed by (whatever it is, you scapegoat on mages) you wouldn't need a pve channel in the first place.

For the other part, http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/130102-can-you-incrase-the-ing-spawn-time/ alone tells you what it would be like, and those channels have pvp enabled. Nevermind what it'd actually be like if you couldn't defend your spot and/or took any risks being in a spot.

The dregs of humanity only truly come out when they have nothing to risk, which a pve channel would be. It would be a channel more toxic than even League of Legends. And, despite you having made the request, I seriously doubt you'd want to spend time there at all which makes it . . . pretty moot, doesn't it?

Posted

First of all, the last part is obviously nonsense. If you didn't mind getting outfarmed by (whatever it is, you scapegoat on mages) you wouldn't need a pve channel in the first place.

For the other part, http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/130102-can-you-incrase-the-ing-spawn-time/ alone tells you what it would be like, and those channels have pvp enabled. Nevermind what it'd actually be like if you couldn't defend your spot and/or took any risks being in a spot.

The dregs of humanity only truly come out when they have nothing to risk, which a pve channel would be. It would be a channel more toxic than even League of Legends. And, despite you having made the request, I seriously doubt you'd want to spend time there at all which makes it . . . pretty moot, doesn't it?

I only mentioned mages because thats what someone stated in an earlier post. It wasnt my experience, but a response to theirs. If you cant defend a spot because you cant pvp them off your spot. Then you dont need to be on the pve channel. You can choose to play on a pvp channel. As for toxicity, you can always turn off chat options. I always play League and Overwatch with my chat turned off.

Posted

You haven't played Aion then. in Aion you can switch between the standard channel, where you can expect pvp, and the fast track channel, which is pve. Have to say that you can do this till you hit level 50, then it's only standard from then.  On fast track you only see other people of the same race, but then from all servers. And you know what; almost no toxic things there. Instead i got into groups doing instances like fire temple or draupnir cave. Best group was at draupnir, with players from an other server then the one i played one. Played myself on the israphel server , the others were on tiamat and kahrun. No, the toxic was more at the standard server. Israphel server wasn't the most friendly server. I played on the North-American servers. It just depends how a game is set up. In Aion groups are important and you even have group specific quests there. Guilds are called legions and it has a personal flavor. There is more cooperation.  In Black Desert groups ain't that important, guilds also not, and it has more an each-to-their-own style. Hence why people are quite selfish here and why it is that toxic. 

Posted

Only if exp and drops are reduced by 50%

Posted

PVP channel without karma would solve a lot of problems

PVP to PVE or piss off

Posted

Only if exp and drops are reduced by 50%

Why?

Posted

If you want to kill the game; yes.

Also i would love to see those people who want to have a  PvE only server.
Imagine the -----ing cluster----- of players stealing eachothers mobs. :D

Posted

No ... dont want to PvP? you have shit ton of games providing a safe carebear environment.

Posted

Is it really that hard to tend your farms and pick some flowers without getting killed?

As soon as you start fishing you get zerged by 20 pvp'ers?

Whenever you are sap collecting in some remote region with useless mobs you get killed by a whole guild?

Posted

I can't work you angrybears out at all. Why on Earth would you care if there was a channel with no PVP? It might even open the way for a return of penalties for you PK loving psychos to inflict on each other, and reduce "karma bombing" for those can't stop killing long enough to realise you're only griefing yourselves.

Posted

Gib PvE channels.

Posted

I doubt it would ever happen.

On the other hand, whenever this subject is brought up the "usual suspects" start foaming at the mouth. Like, what is their actual problem? Why would they care if some players would choose a PvE channel (or even server)? And sure, you can stop the horsecrap already about "cheapening" the game or something.

There are however some real reasons behind it. One, they would have less easy victims to prey upon. Cheap PK bozzo jerks don't actually have a pair for real PvP. They would actually feel uncomfortable in a true PvP environment, with real opposition.

Second, and perhaps even more important, would be quite funny to see the numbers of those "carebears" flocking to PvE channels / servers. Would be quite a cultural shock and a demolition of many myths fueled by more horsecrap propaganda. Even if BDO is the game it is, it would still be funny to see. Like it has happened with many other MMOs (and actually there are numbers in those cases too).

This is why, and not about how one chooses to play and what to do and certainly not about the welfare and success of BDO itself.

2 people like this