• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you guys think we can get a PVE channel?

135 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the current state of the game i wouldnt mind, but if we had consequences for pvp deaths or other meaningful open world pvp like trading with player thieves etc. (and i still hope they do something like this), then id be against it. In that case it would only work if they make up for the higher risk you take on PvP channels by increasing rewards, or they have to split the community so you cant switch from one channel type (PvE or PvP) to another.

Take Diablo 3, they have a softcore and hardcore mode which are exactly the same except that when you die on hardcore your char and equip is gone forever, while dying in softcore doesnt matter. Both modes are completely separated so that you cannot switch a character from one mode to the other. They also have separated leaderboards. There are many players who enjoy hardcore cause it forces you to play careful and concentrated and having a near death experience is really exciting while dying on softcare is a little annoying but usually only makes you shrug. But imagine they would allow you to switch between both modes anytime. No one going for the top leaderboard would play on hardcore because they are at a clear disadvantage there.

The same would be true here if we had pve channels and pvp channels with xp loss on death. Open world PvPers find it fun and thrilling that you can attack or get attacked by players (almost) everywhere, at any time (at least thats how i feel), especially when you can lose something for dying. But no one wanting to progress would take that risk if it was optional.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

Maybe just one. Or maybe a day a or two out of the entire week where there is a channel that has no pvp? That would be nice. lol

Nope, it won't happen because if we had a PvE channel or server BDO would be THE perfect game and we all know that Kakoa/Pearl Abyss likes to keep us pissed off.

Posted

A small but completely separate set of PvE channels with lock in/out restrictions to negate negative effects on either channel sets would literally turn BDO into a money making behemoth. A lot more FFXIV, GW2, Tera etc players who's only current hold out for BDO is the owpvp would actually give it a go, love the combat and graphics and just sh** money into the game, which would be good for both PvP and PvE players, but sadly whenever it's brought up on these forums people act like adding more choices for players to potentially increase the player base is the devil and just scream no. I mean seriously if they added them in such a way that all of you hxc pvpers daily lives on the normal channels were unaffected, what's the problem really? Life goes on for you as normal as you chose to not use the channels you don't wanna use, everyone gets to play the game in a way they prefer and everyone is happy.

Why don't you want this game to make more money so hopefully it gets funneled into more content and stuff for even more fun? :( 

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this idea.  I do think there should be a few rules put into place for both using that channel and the channel itself.

1. If you choose to use a PvE-only channel, you won't be able to use any of the other channels for 30 days.
  2. When those 30 days are up, all channels will become available to choose again, but choosing a PvE-only channel again will reapply restrictions from rule "1".
  3. On a PvE-only channel, quest updates are shared amongst anyone who participated in the kill of an enemy.  Everyone who participated in the kill of an enemy gets their own loot.
  4. Duels are the only form of PvP allowed.  Nothing is lost in these duels.
  5. All other forms of PvP are disabled.

I really don't think a lock to the channel is necessary.

What I would suggest is the following:

1. In the PvE-only channel, there is no karma recovery from killing mobs.

2. Also have a PvP channel where there is no karma loss from killing players, as well as no karma gain from killing mobs.

That way people cannot PK players and then hide in a PvE channel to recover karma.

Other than that, I think people would just sort themselves out naturally. If the PvE channel really gets that crowded, then people can go elsewhere.

But ideally they would make one set of channels PvE (say the 6 channels on each channel group) and one set of channels PvP (say the 6 channels). That keeps Node/Conquest wars in the 1 channels and races in the 2 channels.

Posted

I only mentioned mages because thats what someone stated in an earlier post. It wasnt my experience, but a response to theirs. If you cant defend a spot because you cant pvp them off your spot. Then you dont need to be on the pve channel. You can choose to play on a pvp channel. As for toxicity, you can always turn off chat options. I always play League and Overwatch with my chat turned off.

So you're already making excuses for a channel that doesn't exist?

You're certainly not selling the point to Kakao very well if you're basically agreeing that the place will be toxic heaven cause you know who has to deal with the huge influx of reports about language right?

Posted

If you want to kill the game; yes.

Also i would love to see those people who want to have a  PvE only server.
Imagine the -----ing cluster----- of players stealing eachothers mobs. :D

Exactly  this,  they'd be ppl waiting around for mobs to  spawn. It would be counterproductive  (✿◡‿◡)

Posted (edited)

A small but completely separate set of PvE channels with lock in/out restrictions to negate negative effects on either channel sets would literally turn BDO into a money making behemoth. A lot more FFXIV, GW2, Tera etc players who's only current hold out for BDO is the owpvp would actually give it a go, love the combat and graphics and just sh** money into the game, which would be good for both PvP and PvE players, but sadly whenever it's brought up on these forums people act like adding more choices for players to potentially increase the player base is the devil and just scream no. I mean seriously if they added them in such a way that all of you hxc pvpers daily lives on the normal channels were unaffected, what's the problem really? Life goes on for you as normal as you chose to not use the channels you don't wanna use, everyone gets to play the game in a way they prefer and everyone is happy.

Why don't you want this game to make more money so hopefully it gets funneled into more content and stuff for even more fun? :( 

Stop with the deluusionnal financial blackmail, you know it leads nowhere and is not an argument. And kakao already swins in our money.

It's not a question of "more choice is the devil" or "why don't you want PvE channel if it doesn't have an impact on normal channels ?"

Kakao already stated that they don't want to maintain numerous versions of the game (that's even true on international versions).

If they bring specific pve channels, they would have to develop pve specific content for these channels on top of what they are currently working on, which is designed for PvX (because sooner or later players will say they're bored with only PvE as it is) . It will fragment the game and its development, and they don't want that.  What you don't see as an issue right now can become one in the future.

Plus, you will face oversaturation issues on grindspots without regulation tools avalaible and no other way than resorting to pure killstealing, what is currently happening in Olvia channels, but that's another problem.

And for the "champions of the skill" which hide their own frustration behind assumptions for others : you can like how the PvP works in BDO, for BDO (biologic model), and like esports / sports competition model games also, that's not incompatible.
Trying to apply any kind of esport reasonning on an RPG is a mistake to begin with, they are originally antinomic by nature.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

I doubt it would ever happen.

On the other hand, whenever this subject is brought up the "usual suspects" start foaming at the mouth. Like, what is their actual problem? Why would they care if some players would choose a PvE channel (or even server)? And sure, you can stop the horsecrap already about "cheapening" the game or something.

There are however some real reasons behind it. One, they would have less easy victims to prey upon. Cheap PK bozzo jerks don't actually have a pair for real PvP. They would actually feel uncomfortable in a true PvP environment, with real opposition.

Second, and perhaps even more important, would be quite funny to see the numbers of those "carebears" flocking to PvE channels / servers. Would be quite a cultural shock and a demolition of many myths fueled by more horsecrap propaganda. Even if BDO is the game it is, it would still be funny to see. Like it has happened with many other MMOs (and actually there are numbers in those cases too).

This is why, and not about how one chooses to play and what to do and certainly not about the welfare and success of BDO itself.

I rarely ever opt to kill someone for my spot, choosing instead to simply outgrind whomever is there. I don't actually see much foaming around here at all, so don't know where that even came from.

But people are already abusing level 49 alts (and this WILL get worse) and those come with a severe downside of lack of skills (level 50+ ones) and no awakening.

Posted

No ... dont want to PvP? you have shit ton of games providing a safe carebear environment.

Somewhat surprising that almost a year after release, posts like these still make it to the forums. One would think that by now the delusion has worn off.

Do you seriously think what you are playing here is a "PvP" game for the non-carebears? Gear-carry and progress mindlessly farmed in non-challenging PvE-environment in order to be able to PvP? Simple time-investment over skill-based game-play? Really? The only carebears here are delusional players like you thinking what they are doing is even worth being called PvP. You are literally the dropouts and bottom-feeders of any skill-based PvP games having found a haven where you can "win" by racking up hours to make up for your mediocre gaming skills. To me, as a PvP-player of other games, you are basically the definition of a carebear and I'm glad you have found a place in BDO so you don't end up ruining my ranked games. Do indeed stay here griefing afkers and undergeared/leveled players because us PvPers don't want you elsewhere.

That said, wouldn't surprise me if players like you are the ones abusing the PvE channels to clear negative karma or generally progress, to then swap over to the "regular" channels and go on with whatever sorry definition of "PvP" you have.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I dont get you people. What would be so bad about PvE Channels that it would kill your game? Just stay on the standart channels and everything is gonna stay the same for you?!

Id love some PvE Channels BUT only if there are PvP Channels as well without any Karma Penalties.

Newbs could safely grind on PvE Channels until they got gear/its too full and move on to the Normal Channels, when they get even better Gear they can go to the No-Karma Penalty Channels and grind to their hearts content. It wouldnt destroy the game, quite the opposite imo.

Edit: Then again, Players currently crying about getting Karmabombed as well as Karmabombers would probably both cry, because both cant use any excuses anymore for their shitty behavior. Oh NOW I see why so many are against this Idea.

Edited by valasceria

Posted

Well I kinda like the idea, but then all the players would just go to popular places (like suasan), and steal spots and kill steal.

There would be caos more or less.

But I like the idea, so I can fish in danger zones without having to worry about sometone killing me. Or someone killing me on my grinding spot for no reason.

Posted

Maybe just one. Or maybe a day a or two out of the entire week where there is a channel that has no pvp? That would be nice. lol

For what exactly? you didn't offer much info on your reasoning. 

Posted

No.

Posted

For what exactly? you didn't offer much info on your reasoning. 

That's easy, to not get kicked out while they slow mo grind (✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)

Also, if there were to be a PVE channel that whole population would be piled up to the sky on Pirate Island (✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)(✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Also, if there were to be a PVE channel that whole population would be piled up to the sky on Pirate Island

So exactly like now except that people would run their mouthes at everyone they ran across for "stealing their spawn" without being able to do a damned thing about it or suffering from running their mouth whatsoever.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this idea.  I do think there should be a few rules put into place for both using that channel and the channel itself.

1. If you choose to use a PvE-only channel, you won't be able to use any of the other channels for 30 days.
  2. When those 30 days are up, all channels will become available to choose again, but choosing a PvE-only channel again will reapply restrictions from rule "1".
  3. On a PvE-only channel, quest updates are shared amongst anyone who participated in the kill of an enemy.  Everyone who participated in the kill of an enemy gets their own loot.

Thats Olvia channels.. People like vets that re roll to a new cahracter are abusing these channels by waiting 30+ days and going Olvia to farm after putting TOP gear on the alt and then switch to Olvia in full TET.

Posted

If you don't want to PvP then either stick to safe-zones or go find a game that's only PvE. This game was marketed as having PvP and PvE, you've only got yourselves to blame if you don't like the PvP aspect. 

Posted

If you don't want to PvP then either stick to safe-zones or go find a game that's only PvE. This game was marketed as having PvP and PvE, you've only got yourselves to blame if you don't like the PvP aspect. 

Source???????

Posted

If you want to kill the game; yes.

Also i would love to see those people who want to have a  PvE only server.
Imagine the -----ing cluster----- of players stealing eachothers mobs. :D

Exactly  this,  they'd be ppl waiting around for mobs to  spawn. It would be counterproductive  (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Source???????

Right here my friend, you'd probably be able to see it if you didn't spend all your time crying and lying for attention on the forums. :) 

Posted

Yeah.  This is pretty good.  I'm down with that.

Posted

Right here my friend, you'd probably be able to see it if you didn't spend all your time crying and lying for attention on the forums. :) 

With the amount of posts you've got. Im surprised you arent banned for harassment to the community.

Posted (edited)

So you're already making excuses for a channel that doesn't exist?

You're certainly not selling the point to Kakao very well if you're basically agreeing that the place will be toxic heaven cause you know who has to deal with the huge influx of reports about language right?

I dont know why it would be any more toxic. You can still be toxic in a pvp server. In Overwatch or League, your opponent can still be toxic to you even during pvp matches. A complaint pvpers on BDO like to complain about is the toxic behavior of "karma bombing" Where players continue to allow themselves to get killed in order to reduce the opponent's karma. So there is still "toxicity" on pvp channels.

But if a pve channel was introduced, then those players can choose to stay on pve channels and would no longer need to "karma bomb". They could also introduce a pvp channel where karma doesnt exist so you can kill opponents without losing karma.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

http://2p.com/5432325_1/Interview-with-Black-Desert-Online-Developer-Kim-Daeil-by-chaose5.htm

TIG: Many players attributed the high difficulty of the game to the death penalty and random player kill (PK).

The random PK was a bug. Actually, one is only allowed to PK other players during Siege War period. Many players thought that it was part of the game system, despite the notice and information we have released on this bug. Our reputation has gone down the drain due to this (LOL).

So much for "what BDO was meant to be"..... B|

Posted

I dont know why it would be any more toxic. You can still be toxic in a pvp server. In Overwatch or League, your opponent can still be toxic to you even during pvp matches. A complaint pvpers on BDO like the complain is about the toxic behavior of "karma bombing" Where players continue to allow themselves to get killed in order to reduce the opponent's karma. So there is still "toxicity" on pvp channels.

But if a pve channel was introduced, then those players can choose to stay on pve channel and would no longer need to "karma bomb". They could also introduce a pvp channel where karma doesnt exist so you can kill opponents without losing karma.

Funnily, the pvp channel is apparently a thing in Korea.

But you're still ignoring how people behave when they have nothing to fear. In a game like BDO it's absolutely NOT a good thing.

At one point it was genuinely a problem in KR that level 49s would grind whereever (which is possible with good gear) with no fear of anything whatsoever. We've been slow on the uptake on this, but it's picking up more and more (you'll see it at ogres for example, level 49s in mains gear grinding ogres with no fear whatsoever). And you want an entire channel of this with no level restrictions?

http://2p.com/5432325_1/Interview-with-Black-Desert-Online-Developer-Kim-Daeil-by-chaose5.htm

TIG: Many players attributed the high difficulty of the game to the death penalty and random player kill (PK).

The random PK was a bug. Actually, one is only allowed to PK other players during Siege War period. Many players thought that it was part of the game system, despite the notice and information we have released on this bug. Our reputation has gone down the drain due to this (LOL).

So much for "what BDO was meant to be"..... B|

To be entire fair, that was in Korea - when it hit our version it was, indeed, the intent. 

Just like skill cancels.