• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you think they should set pearl sales a bit higher in the market place?

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Currently, there just isnt much incentive for people to sell pearl items. Except for a small number of people who think its worth it to them. Whether its because of their disposable income or dedication. But most people in general dont see the trade off being worth while. Which is why there is so few pearl items being sold in comparison to the amount of people bidding for them. Do you think they can try to fix this somehow?

Edited by AlexHuaTIan
spelling

Posted

Currently, there just isnt much incentive for people to sell pearl items. Except for a small number of people who think its worth it to them. Whether its because of their disposable income or dedication. But most people in general dont see the trade off being worth while. Which is why there is so few pearl items being sold in comparison to the amount of people bidding for them. Do you think they can try to fix this somehow?

This isn't something to fix.  Tons are going up.  If it's not worth it to you to sell that's fine.

Posted (edited)

As a player, I'd sooner see pearl items cheaper in the cash shop to increase the supply in the MP and giving more opportunities for players to bid, than increase the prices in the MP that would serve only those players with a higher amount of disposable silvers.

Then too, I'm pretty satisfied with the way it is now. Players who depend on the real life cash purchases of other players shouldn't really get much priority in adjustments to MP pricing.

Edited by DenverRalphy
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

They should definitely charge more for Cash Shop items on the Cash Shop

$30 for a costume is too cheap 

Artisan's memory should be $5 a piece.

Edited by Thinker

Posted

Well if they increase price, some people will be glad, because other players will at least buy more of those pearl items and sell them.

But other 50% of players will start complaining about p2w system.

So in my opinion I think they should just leave it like this.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, never gonna happen.
The more are valued on the Marked, the less people are going to buy them from the Cash Shop, the less profit for Kakao.

Example:
Now a Costume is 24 Mil on the Market, people need to sell two of those to get 50 Mil from the Market.   Kakao Profit: 2 x 34 Euro = 68 Euro
If it was 50 Mil on the Market, the same person would only have to buy one Costume on the Cash Shop. Kakao Profit: 1 x 34 Euro = 34 Euro
Basically if they do what you suggest they will halve their Revenue.
If you were Kakao CEO would you do that?

Posted

No, never gonna happen.
The more are valued on the Marked, the less people are going to buy them from the Cash Shop, the less profit for Kakao.

Example:
Now a Costume is 24 Mil on the Market, people need to sell two of those to get 50 Mil from the Market.   Kakao Profit: 2 x 34 Euro = 68 Euro
If it was 50 Mil on the Market, the same person would only have to buy one Costume on the Cash Shop. Kakao Profit: 1 x 34 Euro = 34 Euro

This is so bad in so many ways i dont know where to start...

1 person likes this

Posted

No, never gonna happen.

Example:

well they allow you to only sell 5 costumes a week... if you could spend 100 dollars and get more money per week then i think they would be doing that instead.

Posted

No.  I don't care what other people do with their money, and neither should you.

Posted (edited)

well they allow you to only sell 5 costumes a week... if you could spend 100 dollars and get more money per week then i think they would be doing that instead.

I don't think you get the point.
Firstly 5 Costumes per week is roughly 150 Euro/Dollars already, which is more than the vast majority of people are willing to spend weekly, maybe only 1-2% of the players are willing to spend more than 150 Euro per week (600 Euro per month)
So lifting the 5 item restriction won't make people spend more money and will turn the game into P2W as the 1-2% of the Players that can afford to do so will be able to buy TET gear from the market much more easily.

But the real point I am trying to make is that people that spend 50-60 Euro per week could probably decide to spend less as the amount of Silver they get out of their Euro is now doubled.
Sure, some could still take advantage of it and get as much Silver their Budget allows them, but some other might decide that they only need enough Silver to buy that TRI Bheg and because you get double Silver for your real money they will spend half of what they would have spent with the current system.
It's a big risk for Kakao, financially they will get nothing out of it, if something they will lose money.

The only way they could make it work is the opposite of what the OP suggests, Kakao should actually cut both the Market Price and the Cash Shop price at the same time by half.
This way Sellers would be able to buy 2 Costumes for the price of one and get the same Silver out of them as if they were selling only one.

Example:
Instead of:  1x Costume  at 34 Euro each = 24 Millions (1 x 24KK)
You'll get:   2x Costumes at 17 Euro each = 24 Millions (2 x 12KK)
This mean doubling the amount of Costumes on the Market and Kakao making exactly the same amount of money.
That could work for people Selling Costumes on the Market.

The only problem with that is that people that genuinely buy Costumes for themselves on the Cash Shop might not buy double the Costumes, not everyone is into collecting everything, some just like 1 or 2 costumes and will buy those regardless of the price, so even if the costumes are cheaper that doesn't mean they will buy double the amount.
So it is still a gamble for Kakao but it is far less risky than the OP suggestion which is financially unpractical.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

C'mon, people, this is very simple supply and demand. The amount of flawed logic being spewed all over this thread is pretty mind-boggling. 9_9

Right now, the items that are placed on the marketplace are gone within seconds. This tells us that there is vastly more demand for those items from people who have in-game silver to pay for them than there is a supply from the people who buy the items with cash and provide them for sale in-game.

Right now, demand>>supply.

A higher return in silver for reselling cash shop items would cause people with less silver to be less inclined to spend it on those items, and at the same time it would incentivize cash shop purchases by offering a better return in silver for people who pull out their wallets. This will be true for people who wouldn't spend up to the cap at the current rate of return as well as people who currently don't think it's worth it to buy things for resale at all.

This would reduce demand and increase supply--and increase purchasing in the cash shop as well. 

If you're on an anti-"pay for advantage" kick, at least represent your position honestly.

2 people like this

Posted

Explain it to me then, as at least I took my time to be as clear as possible.
One liners don't really work if you want to get your point across.

Posted

As a p2w'er myself i am closly approching the point where the revenue from cash shop stuff is insignificant to me 

i guess its working perfectly as intended 

working as a catch up mechanic till you hit around 200ap and spot spending cause 125mil per week aint helping to tet weapons or tri accessories, least for for the value 

Posted

As a p2w'er myself i am closly approching the point where the revenue from cash shop stuff is insignificant to me 

i guess its working perfectly as intended 

working as a catch up mechanic till you hit around 200ap and spot spending cause 125mil per week aint helping to tet weapons or tri accessories, least for for the value 

In Jp and Korea, the silver price of pearl items has double since latest patch. Not sure when it will be implemented. Blessing Kama is 24 Million Silver ++ . Good Luck

Posted

The need for greed never end.

Posted

Explain it to me then, as at least I took my time to be as clear as possible.One liners don't really work if you want to get your point across.

Beside your post having no logic at all? Read yasfans post and you will see how market works...

Posted (edited)

Beside your post having no logic at all? Read yasfans post and you will see how market works...

Maybe if you actually read it you will find there is a lot of logic behind it.

Yasfan is assuming that people are not buying from the Cash Shop for Reselling because it is not worth their money, which is a very simplistic way of thinking.
The common business sense that in general applies in real life don't really work when applied to Hobbies, because when people spend money on a game they don't see it as an investment.
If they have a 100 Euro Budget to spend, they will spend all of it regardless of what they get out of their "investment".

And the majority of people who are willing to spend money on the Cash Shop they are already doing it.
I doubt that doubling the value of the Pearl items on the Market will make this people spend 200 Euros instead of the initial 100.
In fact the opposite could be true.
Some people that at the moment are desperate to get Silvers for real money are probably spending more than they actually can afford, and this people would spend less if they could, this is the money Kakao risk losing.
And my guess is that at the moment there are lot of people who are spending way more than they can afford and would be happy to spend less if what they get for their Euro is suddenly doubled.

In my second post I actually gave an alternative which could actually work with less risk for Kakao of losing any money which will benefit player even more than the OP naive suggestion.
But even that pose a risk to Kakao revenues though on a smaller case.

You need to understand that Kakao didn't come up with this system for no reason, I hope you realize that, there is a good business logic behind it which I tried to explain.
If you don't get it it doesn't really matter as you are not the one making the decisions at Kakao, and what the OP suggest won't bring any more money in Kakao coffins otherwise they would already have done so, as "give customers more value for their money" is not exactly a Nobel Prize theory.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

Maybe if you actually read it you will find there is a lot of logic behind it.

I read it... Thats why i am saying its BS... More costumes for lower price was argument we used during beta, which didnt get through... They wont lower it now, to not piss of the spending part of the playerbase, so you fall flat right there...  Also people dont put away money that they have to use on a game... Or create some imaginary silver limit regardless of the actual one... Invseting money so they get exactly 50M weekly? Wtf? They either put in as much as they can (even if it is less than weekly limit), or just as much as they need in some momentarily need... Items bein cheaper wont give people better wage all of a sudden... And the top buyers would pay even twice as much money if they'd get 4x more silver, since money aint issue for them... People spent according to their feelings... If they feel its worth, they buy it.. If not they dont...

Lower cachshop prices is already finished chapter... What is left is higher silver price, bcs its currently more worth buying pearl items from market, than buying pearls... Hence lower amount of items listed, and higher amount of people tryin to buy it... Its as simple as that... Those conspiracy theories and ilusion fo yours have nothing to do with actual marketing... :D

Start reading what others write, and dont repeat same stupid thing over and over again... You are starting to be like that guy spamming every topic with "Remove weekly limit" bcs he wants to buy more pearl items without spending money and doesnt care about anything else... Greed is -----...

Posted

If I'm honest pearl items shouldn't be for sale on the Marketplace.

Posted (edited)

I read it... Thats why i am saying its BS... More costumes for lower price was argument we used during beta, which didnt get through... They wont lower it now, to not piss of the spending part of the playerbase, so you fall flat right there...  Also people dont put away money that they have to use on a game... Or create some imaginary silver limit regardless of the actual one... Invseting money so they get exactly 50M weekly? Wtf? They either put in as much as they can (even if it is less than weekly limit), or just as much as they need in some momentarily need...

Which is exactly what I said.
I am not the one with reading problems dude.

Bottom line is, you think you know the solution, but you clearly don't have a clue.
Kakao won't do as you suggest because it doesn't make business sense, simple as that.
You are free to play the armchair Marketing Guru and fap under your desk while you type if that what rocks your boat, I could not care less.
I know Kakao won't change the system and I know why, and I am fine with that, I am not the one crying to change shit.
Keep whinging all you like, it won't change things anyway as your argument is baseless.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

they should make weekly limit 3 costumes/3pets/3valuepacks so other items get listed too

Posted

rater than making them cost more silver, they should introduce pet and VP packs in the cash shop and allow those packs to be reigstered.

a pack of 3 vps for 35 mill.

same for pets.

people will list just as many as there are costumes

Posted

They should have pets, costumes and value packs obtainable with ingame quests.

Posted

Don't worry, it'll happen just like it did in Korea.

Just give it time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0