• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Value Pack Snipping - almost 3 weeks, 5 days straight, accumulated trades gone from 29k ~ 33,8k and....

43 posts in this topic

Posted

failed at purchasing item...

didnt get any of em.......

Really? RNG or account bugs?

Posted

some ppl are hoarding them I think. it be nice if there was a limit on how many u can have in your total inventory. Ive even seen ppl asking in channel/world chat asking to buy all of them as many they can get. I dont understand the reason to have so many in ya inventory.

5 people like this

Posted

Would not be a problem with a fully unrestricted pearl - > marketplace interaction!

Remove the 5 weekly limit, remove all restrictions and allow us to sell 100% of pearl shop items on the marketplace.

Please do this! It's a win/win situation, benefits the players and gives the publisher(you) more money.

5 people like this

Posted

I have been trying daily...to get VP's since the server merge.  I purchased an Auction Fairy during the Thanksgiving sale and have an alert up for when a VP goes up.  I have probably bid on HUNDREDS at this point.   Prior to the server merge, I could get one every 5-10 bids / tries.  Now....nothing, not one.

In addition, a lot of times, before I can even click to check my bid, you can see that someone else has already either won it via bid or bought it normally....i.e. the count drops from 1 or whatever to show none available...which is an automatic indicator before you can even confirm your bid that you did NOT win.  It's insane and trying to win one now is impossible, even when 6 or so go up at once. 

I will warn you though, you will likely just get a bunch of trolls on here yelling "quit being cheap, buy one from the Pearl Shop! - ask your Mom for Money and quit complaining!"... and so on.  ...just because folks would rather throw insults than acknowledge that there was a major change in the process that now makes it damn near impossible to win any highly sought after items from the MP.

Oh well, hope they eventually do something to fix it.

3 people like this

Posted

peasant peon pleb play to win is the best term Ive heard so far.

Posted

Would not be a problem with a fully unrestricted pearl - > marketplace interaction!

Remove the 5 weekly limit, remove all restrictions and allow us to sell 100% of pearl shop items on the marketplace.

Please do this! It's a win/win situation, benefits the players and gives the publisher(you) more money.

Personally I think they should just allow people to sell pearls directly, that way it completely opens up the cash shop to everyone and eliminates the RNG BS. It seems to work for other games so I don't think they'd lose money. It allows people to get what they want without needing to make a request or wait just to get a chance at getting something. It's still very P2W with all the exclusive items that you can't sell on the marketplace, and the fact that even the things you can sell it's nearly impossible to get them.

Yeah yeah I know there's people "Selling pearls?! No! Pay-to-win!!!" but seriously it's no different than selling other items. I mean really they're gonna get the same amount of silver either way. So all this does is make it not pay-to-win by opening up the entire cash shop to everyone.

At the very least though I wish there was some sort of failstacking for bids... seriously I've given up on trying to get a value pack and have decided to just live without it. I was spending half my game time at the market trying to grab one with no success.

2 people like this

Posted

All we need is an uncapped failstack for bids. No unrestricted pearl item sale. Let's keep play 2 win, play 2 win

Posted

Please no. Archeage was ruined by Trion's greed, with them pushing as many cash shop sales as possible. I'd appreciate it if this game didn't go down that path.

Posted

Please no. Archeage was ruined by Trion's greed, with them pushing as many cash shop sales as possible. I'd appreciate it if this game didn't go down that path.

Archeage wasn't ruined due to the cash shop being openly available to F2P players... the fact that you can get everything in-game without needing to pay is a huge point over Black Desert. Even the monthly subscription is easy to earn in-game. Instead of that we get all these exclusive advantages you can only get by forking over extra money, potentially hundreds of dollars for everything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Archeage wasn't ruined due to the cash shop being openly available to F2P players... the fact that you can get everything in-game without needing to pay is a huge point over Black Desert. Even the monthly subscription is easy to earn in-game. Instead of that we get all these exclusive advantages you can only get by forking over extra money, potentially hundreds of dollars for everything.

Archeage wasn't ruined by item availability, it was ruined by the publisher prioritising cash shop transactions over the health of the game.

The monthly subscription only felt easier to earn because there were so many people listing the item that supply vastly outweighed demand. This isn't a good thing, either, because the reason so many were listed was due to it being an easy way for players to pay money and convert that into in-game currency, which directly fed how powerful they were in the game.

I played on Ollo server, and we were the home of the highest geared player in the NA version of the game. The guy openly admitted to spending over $30,000 in the cash shop, reselling the items in game in order to feed his gear. He was so strong because of this that it would take groups of 5-10 "normal geared" players to take him down, and he was able to run around using his basic attack spells and kill people within a few hits.

If you don't mind, can you list some of these "exclusive" advantages that players are required to spend hundreds of dollars on in order to enjoy the game? Because i'm sure that it's not as bad as you seem to make out. Off the top of my head the most major one I can think of it the difference between someone farming with and without pets, which I agree is pretty bad, and if I was in charge of the game i'd make at least basic tier pets available for everyone.

I can see how great it would be for everyone to have easy access to things from the cash shop without having to spend a heap of real-life money on the game, but I worry that the game is going to become as p2w as Archeage was, and it's concerning. I've already ditched that game for BDO, i don't want to have to leave this one too.

1 person likes this

Posted

It will probably happen eventually. Thats pretty much how almost all MMOs end up becoming.

Posted

Sadly, the bid system is lottery rng ( ▬_▬) #Feelsbadman2017

Posted

Bullshit...

Posted

Did you try at odd times? Like early in the morning? It seems to work the best.

Posted

before server merge i was able to buy 2 of them..

but since merge it seems impossibile to snipe it

Posted

I've been able to buy Value packs whenever i needed them up to now.

Now... no chance. Half of the time they vanish before i can even click 'bidding result'

I wish they would just let us pre-order them for set price. Or change the loyalty one for a 7 day rather than 1.

1 person likes this

Posted

With the weekly limits and the (low) fixed silver prices on pearl store items, demand for the value pack is far higher than supply. As far as I'm concerned, the obvious solution to this is changing the current system to an open-market kind of approach where there are no restrictions on the seller-side. Let supply and demand decide about the silver price for the value pack. At this point the usual "p2w", "archeage", "git gud" and similar outbursts happen. Consider what you are asking for:

• You want to make use of the value pack.
  • You don't want to spend pearls as in real money on it.
  • You don't want sellers to receive a silver value on par with demand for it, aka no "p2w".
  • You expect a steady supply of the value pack along with a reliable way to obtain it regardless.

Under these circumstances, all I can say is enjoy the wait. Even if there were some more reliable ways like a queue or a failstack system in place, the obviously result is that more players will try to make use of it. While I personally don't purchase or sell pearl store items through the marketplace, I must admit even I would be tempted to queue up for a value pack if such a thing could be possible. Surely I'd get one within a year or so :P

Posted

Archeage wasn't ruined by item availability, it was ruined by the publisher prioritising cash shop transactions over the health of the game.

The monthly subscription only felt easier to earn because there were so many people listing the item that supply vastly outweighed demand. This isn't a good thing, either, because the reason so many were listed was due to it being an easy way for players to pay money and convert that into in-game currency, which directly fed how powerful they were in the game.

I played on Ollo server, and we were the home of the highest geared player in the NA version of the game. The guy openly admitted to spending over $30,000 in the cash shop, reselling the items in game in order to feed his gear. He was so strong because of this that it would take groups of 5-10 "normal geared" players to take him down, and he was able to run around using his basic attack spells and kill people within a few hits.

If you don't mind, can you list some of these "exclusive" advantages that players are required to spend hundreds of dollars on in order to enjoy the game? Because i'm sure that it's not as bad as you seem to make out. Off the top of my head the most major one I can think of it the difference between someone farming with and without pets, which I agree is pretty bad, and if I was in charge of the game i'd make at least basic tier pets available for everyone.

I can see how great it would be for everyone to have easy access to things from the cash shop without having to spend a heap of real-life money on the game, but I worry that the game is going to become as p2w as Archeage was, and it's concerning. I've already ditched that game for BDO, i don't want to have to leave this one too.

Again, it's no different than selling costumes or pets, because those sell so quickly due to how little supply there is. So it's already super easy to convert cash to silver. The only difference with selling pearls directly is that it gives everyone a chance to get anything. The people selling them would be making the same amount they already are from selling costumes. That would simply get rid of the bidding RNG and exclusive items, that's all. I actually ditched Archeage for BDO as well though haha. Although for me it's more about the gameplay and less about the cash shops, I would have stayed with Archeage if that's all I cared about.

As for the advantages, sure, although I never said anything about enjoying the game... it's fun either way in my opinion, but they still offer additional advantages you can't get anywhere else. For regular costumes you have +10% combat exp, -10% death penalty, +10m vision range, +10% amity gain, +0.5m jump height, -10% weapon durability consumption, and +100 stamina for a full set. Other costumes have various benefits like +underwater breathing, +swim speed, -swimming stamina consumption, +1 fishing, +1 gathering, desert resistance +50%, hiding character name, cooking exp +15%, -2 sec cooking time.

Mount gear gives +500 HP, +2% acceleration, +500 stamina, +2% turn, and +1% speed. You also have the Horse Flute, which extends the range you can call your horse to 500 meters. There's a Horse Breeding Reset, Horse Skill Change Coupon, Premium Appearance Change Coupon, which in addition to allowing you to change the appearance gives your horse a new skill. Also the Brand Spell Stone which increases the chance of learning a skill and gives -30% recovery/rival cost. Plus the wagon sets which give +60 LT weight limit, -5% item destruction chance, +1% movement speed, and the fishing boat/ferry sets that add +1% move speed, +60 LT weight limit, +2% turn, +15 DP.

Then we get into the pets, which is a bigger advantage. Obviously you have the auto-loot which is really useful, and then some extra benefits like hostile player detection, resource detection, desert illness resistance, XP boosts, luck, gathering, auto fishing, death penalty decrease. And since you can have multiple pets I believe they can be stacked, at least from what I hear, I can't test this since I only have 1.

Onto the other stuff we have +200 LT weight limit increase, possibly up to 500 LT if you bought each one, not sure if the limit is per item or for all of them. You got the Equipment Tailoring Coupon which allows you to get +2 movement speed which is nice, an Item Brand Spell Stone that gives you -33% repair cost and -50% durability consumption, then the +1 lodging up to 3 per territory and +1 stable slot up to 10 per territory. There's also the maids which allow you to buy and sell items on the marketplace from anywhere in the world, and send and retrieve items from storage.

And of course lets not forget the value pack, which gives you +10% exp, +16 inventory and storage slots, +100 LT weight limit, Merv's Palette, distant node investment (I miss this...), and essentially allows you to make 30% more silver than everyone else.

So, now that I've listed everything, the most notable advantages to paying money are... 30% sale bonus, distant node investment, marketplace and storage access from anywhere, +400 LT weight limit, +27% passive combat exp (+55% if pet exp boosts stack), +15 workers, ability to hide name, ability to change horse skills, auto-loot, auto detecting hostile players, auto detecting resources, and being able to call your mount from further away. In total that's about $162.50 + $15/month + $8.50 from consumables (mount skills).

That's all the exclusive bonuses, I didn't count anything you can get elsewhere, like loyalty items (such as Elion's tear). You can only get those advantages by paying, unless you count getting them off the marketplace, however I wasn't since it's purely RNG based and you have a less than 1% chance to actually get it. If you do count that then exclude the value pack and pet bonuses, the rest still apply though. Those things have no disadvantages and you don't have to sacrifice anything, they can stack on top of anything you can get in-game. That's not including the smaller bonuses like +2 move speed or -50% - 60% durability decrease rate, and of course not including purely cosmetic items.

So, basically, it's not anything huge or gamebreaking, but there's a ton of convenience items and things to save time and silver, and these features and items are blocked for anyone who doesn't pay for them. To me, that's pay-to-win. Honestly I could care less if someone comes along and spends 10k to skip a few weeks worth of grinding, I simply don't care, it's not like they're gonna suddenly rule the game and be mowing people down left and right unopposed. The reason I don't personally consider that P2W is because you can get to that point without paying, and at a certain point skill is going to matter more than gear anyway. It's none of my business if they no-lifed it for months or just paid a bunch of money, it's not like there's a difference outside of them being less experienced. However when you can get to that point and have these exclusive benefits you can get only by paying cash? That's what I don't like.

1 person likes this

Posted

when 100 pplbit on that 1 item.. then you got a really small rate.

ACCOUNT BUG xD  never heared a shit like that

Posted

I only bid on vps when I'm already near the mp and I still win them now and again. Its not impossible at all. I have four sitting in my inventory right now. One I bought from mp an three I bought in the sale. But I'll still bid on vps that go up. Since it does take time to get one with luck and by the time I get another I'll have used another. Plus its just a chance to save me some money..so why not. 

Posted

I have tried to get a VP for probably a hundred hours or so. I know I have bid on over 1000 pack and NOTHING!  At least I'm not the only one who feels it's impossible to get them.

One idea to make it easier is to limit the purchase to ONLY 1 every 3 weeks or so per account.  Since they are 30 day packs, that wouldn't hurt anyone and more people would be able to get one to keep their account going.

I only bid on vps when I'm already near the mp and I still win them now and again. Its not impossible at all. I have four sitting in my inventory right now. One I bought from mp an three I bought in the sale. But I'll still bid on vps that go up. Since it does take time to get one with luck and by the time I get another I'll have used another. Plus its just a chance to save me some money..so why not. 

I call bullshit!

Like I have said before, I have spent over a hundred hours and watched thousands of VP's get sold and I have NEVER got one!  I know others who cannot get any either.  

TROLL!

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG because i've won a couple since they implemented the new market system.  I stopped bidding on VP for 3 months now.  I still have 4 months on mine anyways.

Posted

I have tried to get a VP for probably a hundred hours or so. I know I have bid on over 1000 pack and NOTHING!  At least I'm not the only one who feels it's impossible to get them.

One idea to make it easier is to limit the purchase to ONLY 1 every 3 weeks or so per account.  Since they are 30 day packs, that wouldn't hurt anyone and more people would be able to get one to keep their account going.

I call bullshit!

Like I have said before, I have spent over a hundred hours and watched thousands of VP's get sold and I have NEVER got one!  I know others who cannot get any either.  

TROLL!

Sorry no. Just cause your luck is shit doesn't mean it's impossible to buy em honey buns :P 

Aside from Value Packs I regularly buy outfits from mp also :3

And perhaps instead of spending another 100 hours camping mp pointlessly just do what I do. Bid when convenient. Buy when needed. Far less rage inducing and its always such a pleasant surprise when I win them :P

Posted

Sorry no. Just cause your luck is shit doesn't mean it's impossible to buy em honey buns :P 

Aside from Value Packs I regularly buy outfits from mp also :3

And perhaps instead of spending another 100 hours camping mp pointlessly just do what I do. Bid when convenient. Buy when needed. Far less rage inducing and its always such a pleasant surprise when I win them :P

dude i tried to bid them like 4000+ already, got the maid, got time at work for that, switching alts everytime i saw em up on AH and still none.

Posted

would still be none on mp.. 
ppl tell me even in kr the mp lacks pearl items
and lets not make the game any more p2w than it already is...
wouldnt mind see 100% of pearl shop items on mp though

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0