• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Drastic FPS drop past few days

24 posts in this topic

Posted

My FPS used to be consistently 30-40 on medium setting, but in these past few days it's been almost unplayable. It really can't get worse or I simply won't be able to play this game. Anyone lese experiencing this or is it normal as we are getting closer to the weekly maintenance?

Posted

it might be related to the issues here

Posted

The FPS is fine your probably on the bad side of the server xD. Maybe your pc needs a bit of maintenance as a clean pc is a performing pc however this is a Korean MMO when do they ever run good.

Posted

I'm not much of a tech expert but my performance indicator shows 22% CPU usage and 50% memory usage. FPS is 9-17 and the game lags like hell. This is really not how it was before.

Posted

Could you give me your pc spec and the type of hard drive you got the game installed on.

Posted

Could you give me your pc spec and the type of hard drive you got the game installed on.

Thanks for trying to help, but you would just say my pc is not cut out for this. It's a low-end gamer pc purchased last year.

Posted

It's been happening for months now. There are even players who simply cannot play.

If this continues players with lower end PCs will eventually all be forced out.

Posted (edited)

It's been happening for months now. There are even players who simply cannot play.

If this continues players with lower end PCs will eventually all be forced out.

Every single one of you understand that 

1. It's a Korean mmo optimization is shit will always be shit until they finally decide to do something

2. Buy a better pc honestly BDO is a demanding game. And constant updates will move it towards newer systems. Get rid of your damn potato and get a beast. 

I just did and it runs fine.

Edited by Kraken801

Posted

1. It's a Korean mmo optimization is shit will always be shit until they finally decide to do something

2. Buy a better pc honestly BDO is a demanding game. And constant updates will move it towards newer systems. Get rid of your damn potato and get a beast. 

How much FPS do you get in real time?

Posted

I've had a drastic FPS drop as well. Normally running between 55-65 fps, since this past Saturday (2-4-17) my fps has dropped to low 30's mid 40's. There are times where I'll see my normal fps but it doesn't stick for to long. @Kraken801 here is my pc https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qVgpNN might not be the best of the best but I've ran BDO on max graphics for a long while now and have always been around 60 fps, only times I would drop to around the 30's-40's is during high player count during boss fights than all of a sudden since this weekend I get crappy fps for no known reason at all? Nothing has changed with my pc whether hardware or software related that would possibly cause this issue.

Posted

I've had a drastic FPS drop as well. Normally running between 55-65 fps, since this past Saturday (2-4-17) my fps has dropped to low 30's mid 40's. There are times where I'll see my normal fps but it doesn't stick for to long. @Kraken801 here is my pc https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qVgpNN might not be the best of the best but I've ran BDO on max graphics for a long while now and have always been around 60 fps, only times I would drop to around the 30's-40's is during high player count during boss fights than all of a sudden since this weekend I get crappy fps for no known reason at all? Nothing has changed with my pc whether hardware or software related that would possibly cause this issue.

you should look at the issues here

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/128659-fps-dont-go-over-32-fps/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/129961-why-do-that-game-lock-me-at-64fps-now/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/129998-super-weird-fps-bugi-think/

Posted (edited)

How much FPS do you get in real time?

50-60 open areas 40-50 open areas plus combat

12-25 in towns.

granted like I said it's the games optimization

same thing happens in blade and soul shitty Korean optimization 

one day your 60fps next day game is unplayable is not your computer if it's been running it just fine

but sooner or later they will fix the issue causing you to upgrade your pc to match there new specs or there game will start to die out.

Edited by Kraken801

Posted

Bad framerate can be the result of a bad running server.

I did not expect to see someone that can use common sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im on a 6700K @ 4.8 Ghz , 1080@ 2100 mhz, 16 gb Ram, BDO is installed on a 950 Pro M2. Please tell me where to buy a PC that gets me 30+ FPS?  Fps drops are rediculous. And its only happening since about 2 Weeks now. Before i got 60-100 Fps. It has nothing to do with Towns or the Server Connection or whatever. Something totally screws the System. Im often stuck at 12 Fps, then switching between Windowed/Fullscreen gets me up to 40-60. Its really far from any other Game im playing at 100 Fps+ , but its definately not our Systems. They screwed something up in their updates.

Posted

I used to get stable 60 to 80 fps, but since they last patch(s) they have been tanking/all over the place. I really want to like BDO but it's horrible optimization is killing it for me- not to mention a major turn off to new players. I have friends who have invested thousands into their pc who are also having this problem; so to say "hurr durr upgrade your potato" is a strawman nobody takes seriously. This problem is on Kakao.

Posted (edited)

50-60 open areas 40-50 open areas plus combat

12-25 in towns.

granted like I said it's the games optimization

same thing happens in blade and soul shitty Korean optimization 

one day your 60fps next day game is unplayable is not your computer if it's been running it just fine

but sooner or later they will fix the issue causing you to upgrade your pc to match there new specs or there game will start to die out.

Oh okay. I thought you have what I have.  I go past 80 FPS normally on my GTX 980.

I'm capped at 64 FPS now like the rest of the people who have the same issue as I am.  It just started last Wednesday after maintenance.  Desert got broken and so as our frames. I'm talking about us people who go over 80 FPS normally before the latest patch.

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

Oh okay. I thought you have what I have.  I go past 80 FPS normally on my GTX 980.

I'm capped at 64 FPS now like the rest of the people who have the same issue as I am.  It just started last Wednesday after maintenance.  Desert got broken and so as our frames. I'm talking about us people who go over 80 FPS normally before the latest patch.

Well guess what buddy the bug hit me to now as soon as i got home from work

my fps is 12 when fighting anything now hahahahahah

Posted

Posted

I swear the optimization/bugs are getting progressively worse day by day. This is major turn off to old players; but especially new ones.

Posted (edited)

Bad framerate can be the result of a bad running server.

I did not expect to see someone that can use common sense.

Try looking a bit harder, then. Its clear by now that this isn't a pc related issue for some people.

Edited by CashGrabbing101
1 person likes this

Posted

bump

Posted

Even with a beast of a machine. It will still drop to 20 plus fps in Heidel. And the cross section in Calpheon.

Posted

BDO IS DEAD

Posted

bump

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0