• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Welee Class.

41 posts in this topic

Posted

BDO is an awesome game. Best I've ever found. There is TONS of things to do. It never gets dull. And for melee classes, the game's combat and pvp must be THE BEST, compared to other games, err, at least I hope so for those playing melee, as I'm pure mage class. Top line, there is no better MMORPG out there as far as I am concerned, but I do look for any that are GOOD to mage types.

For me, things finally changed this past weekend. I finally got TRI Bhegs Gloves, and TRI Kzarka. Finally, I am getting CC's to work from AWK spells in pvp. On the last node war, I got 39 kills, and died only 17 times. My strategy was of course to play wall wizard as much as possible.

The Fireball/Explosion, Lightning spells still do not CC though in pvp. And the dmg from non AWK spells, is night-to-day less than the AWK spells, making them pointless to use, not to mention the awkward keystroke sequences needed to switch back and forth from AWK to non AWK and back again, to try and use the non AWK spells.

The above said, our class is now just a melee class, or a wall-wizard class. IE, Welee. Our combat in pvp depends on constantly keeping up melee ranged spells that have super armor; Or standing on a wall that melee can not traverse (~~easily~~) while firing our 1 and only TRUE ranged AWK spell (Water Sphere), as all the other AWK spells are melee ranged, even if AOE based; or in the case of the "Godr Sphera Training" spell, too gimped to use for ranged. In fact, just to talk about the Godr Sphera Training spell, the awkward 2 second delay to cast the 1st time, makes it so useless to use in pvp, it's perhaps worthless to spend a single skill point on.

The things lost. Lightning, Fireball, Chain Lightning, Blizzard, Meteor, Sage's Memory, and all of the non AWK spells, are pointless to use versus the AWK spells. Even MMA, is just not worth it for the abstract lack of damage compared to the AWK spells.

To those that were so determined to say its gear, ask yourself, when was the last time, in pvp, you changed the course of a battle by casting Meteor? Blizzard? How about Sage's Memory, which does not work on Bolide of Destruction, or Cataclysm? (FYI, there is a caveat on the Sage's Memory text that says "All Casting actions ignored for 15 sec." AND "Not applicable to Sphera and Black Spirit skills". When was a surprise attack with Blizzard, the KEY attack to turn the tide of a node war? When you go to describe the Wizard class to others considering to play BDO as a Wizard, do you say, "Fireball is AWESOME, you will use it all the time!"? Or do you have to admit, its damage is so lack luster, that you'll most likely never cast it?

I do not know what it is like for other classes with their AWK skills, but, I hope they can get good results from using their non-AWK skills.

Also, for anyone considering pvp as a wiz, I'd simply have to say, you MUST have TRI Bheg, and TRI Kzarka, to just BEGIN to be viable, and I'd recommend getting food/buffs that increase your jump range/height.

Posted

With how powerful awakenings are, we must also fight in it. We still should use plenty of our non awak skills, such as haste and shield on engage (or protected area), double tp and sage memory into protected area double heal, and u can still use insta meteor, ulti blizzard is very strong when standing at the fence facing enemy base, mana ball, freeze at longest range. And despite fighting in mid/close range (which is the tradeoff for high dmg/sustain/cc), we still have our longrange waterskills that can do wonders.

Im also not so sure about needing to have tri bheg, i took off my bheg gloves at pila ku prison and did not notice and damage drop/difference when using awak skills. Perhaps different in pvp, but then again you see these people using rocaba, but that difference i do not know. Being level 60 is at least a must if so.

There was stated in an interview that they may do a second wave of awakenings for the original weapons, but then they'd have to buff them quite a bit or nerf awakenings to Balance. In the end the future is bright for BDO.

Posted

BDO is an awesome game. Best I've ever found. There is TONS of things to do. It never gets dull. And for melee classes, the game's combat and pvp must be THE BEST, compared to other games, err, at least I hope so for those playing melee, as I'm pure mage class. Top line, there is no better MMORPG out there as far as I am concerned, but I do look for any that are GOOD to mage types.

For me, things finally changed this past weekend. I finally got TRI Bhegs Gloves, and TRI Kzarka. Finally, I am getting CC's to work from AWK spells in pvp. On the last node war, I got 39 kills, and died only 17 times. My strategy was of course to play wall wizard as much as possible.

The Fireball/Explosion, Lightning spells still do not CC though in pvp. And the dmg from non AWK spells, is night-to-day less than the AWK spells, making them pointless to use, not to mention the awkward keystroke sequences needed to switch back and forth from AWK to non AWK and back again, to try and use the non AWK spells.

The above said, our class is now just a melee class, or a wall-wizard class. IE, Welee. Our combat in pvp depends on constantly keeping up melee ranged spells that have super armor; Or standing on a wall that melee can not traverse (~~easily~~) while firing our 1 and only TRUE ranged AWK spell (Water Sphere), as all the other AWK spells are melee ranged, even if AOE based; or in the case of the "Godr Sphera Training" spell, too gimped to use for ranged. In fact, just to talk about the Godr Sphera Training spell, the awkward 2 second delay to cast the 1st time, makes it so useless to use in pvp, it's perhaps worthless to spend a single skill point on.

The things lost. Lightning, Fireball, Chain Lightning, Blizzard, Meteor, Sage's Memory, and all of the non AWK spells, are pointless to use versus the AWK spells. Even MMA, is just not worth it for the abstract lack of damage compared to the AWK spells.

To those that were so determined to say its gear, ask yourself, when was the last time, in pvp, you changed the course of a battle by casting Meteor? Blizzard? How about Sage's Memory, which does not work on Bolide of Destruction, or Cataclysm? (FYI, there is a caveat on the Sage's Memory text that says "All Casting actions ignored for 15 sec." AND "Not applicable to Sphera and Black Spirit skills". When was a surprise attack with Blizzard, the KEY attack to turn the tide of a node war? When you go to describe the Wizard class to others considering to play BDO as a Wizard, do you say, "Fireball is AWESOME, you will use it all the time!"? Or do you have to admit, its damage is so lack luster, that you'll most likely never cast it?

I do not know what it is like for other classes with their AWK skills, but, I hope they can get good results from using their non-AWK skills.

Also, for anyone considering pvp as a wiz, I'd simply have to say, you MUST have TRI Bheg, and TRI Kzarka, to just BEGIN to be viable, and I'd recommend getting food/buffs that increase your jump range/height.

Noixi i remember better stuff from you, okay its funny at least a bit but please if u still dare to post stuff like that be more creative 

Posted

Noixi i remember better stuff from you, okay its funny at least a bit but please if u still dare to post stuff like that be more creative 

LOL, I've always had my fans. That said, I was not trying to be creative. I was stating what we are, from my perspective.

Now, to apply some creativity, look into the future, at say, 3 years from now. Hopefully, for me, there is a better Mage-Centric MMORPG then, but use your imagination, and ask yourself, what will the Welee class have? Will we have new spells? Will they be ~~slightly~~ more Ranged-DPS centric? Or the same? Or more melee centric? And what about the other classes?

Seriously, think about it. Our AWK spells have made us a Welee class, with only 1 real ranged spell. In 3 years, will we have 2? 3? Or will other classes get 4, 5? More?

To help spur this imagination, try to think of what will motivate the DEVs in 3 years. Will it be, to NOT change classes even a teeny tiny bit? I would certainly suggest not just NO, but HELL NO. I could not imagine any DEV's being 100% satisfied with classes, if their lives depended on it. And more so, I could not imagine, even a year passing from today, without some major significant class tweaking, on ALL classes.

Now, keep in mind, I'm THE Noixi, famous for "If Cars were made like Mages" from WoW, and that I always look forward from our current state, with of course, lots of comparisons to present/future events. And when I imagine 3 years from now, I see the DEV's homogenizing the classes, like WoW did, then getting frustrated, and then try to re-work them to be Game-Fantasy-Accurate, LOL, that made me ROFLMAO when WoW did that.

So, to sum up my creative moment, I suggested as an exercise, to look forward, and tell me what you see. And, now, to complete my creative moment, know this, if you are a defender of the current status of our Welee class, then whether you would ever admit it or not, come some day, when my how I imagine the DEV's will go through stages of homogenize all classes to be the same, then get frustrated, then go all out Game-Fantasy-Accurate, you will have your memories from this exercise as witness to Noixi was right.

Of course, I'd bet a copper, no one would ever admit I was right in 3 years, and I'd pay something sweet, to ensure my predictions do not come true.

Posted

I mean you no offense, but if you think the wizard class is inviable in PVP then you simply don't know how to play the class. The potential isn't as obvious with the wizard class. The witch plays better as a stationary DPS: she has better ranged skills and a block that forces enemies to engage her at mid to melee range. The wizard doesn't have the luxury of the witch's kit so you have to be a bit more creative, but we do have a slight advantage over the witch in the way of mobility mid to melee range defense mechanics (we have 2 blocks and 3 super armors while the witch has 2 each) and melee range offensive mechanics (we don't have to spam damage until our opponents drop their guard, we can just grab). If you play on NA, we should meet up in the arena sometimes.

Posted

Now, keep in mind, I'm THE Noixi, famous for "If Cars were made like Mages" from WoW

Who? Famous for what? I'm sorry, but I don't know you from anywhere besides this forum.

Now, to apply some creativity, look into the future, at say, 3 years from now. Hopefully, for me, there is a better Mage-Centric MMORPG then, but use your imagination, and ask yourself, what will the Welee class have? Will we have new spells? Will they be ~~slightly~~ more Ranged-DPS centric? Or the same? Or more melee centric? And what about the other classes?

I don't know if you keep up with current events but if you are really that unhappy with the awakening, you will be happy to hear that Kakao wants to rework the mainhand skills of all classes to make them on par with the awakening. So we might get our range back in a year or so.

Posted (edited)

Noixi, this is one of the most ridiculous original posts i have seen in a long time.

First off, we were NEVER a ranged class, for those that understood the mechanics and knew how to play wizard.

We are, and have always been a short to medium range class. Thats it. You are just stuck on the "ranged caster" stereotype from other games.

You have a few skills that are no longer useful:

Earthquake.

Fireball - > fireball explosion.

Dagger stab.

Concentrated magical arrow.

And the red magic lighthouse.

Everything else are imo musthaves, and that a *GOOD* pvper will use constantly.

Meaning, for me you need about 2 000,- skillpoints to have skills you use on a daily basis.

So yeah...

Edited by Dragonix

Posted

Honestly i use this alot in Pila Ku and Akman its pretty nice addition to Lava field.

Posted

Honestly i use this alot in Pila Ku and Akman its pretty nice addition to Lava field.

I get that it stacks with Lava Field, but i just prefer to just the time it takes to cast it, to kill the mobs instead...

Posted (edited)

I still use magic lighthouse in some situations. Maybe my AP/DP isn't up to par (170/226), but some elites in valencia nearly 1-shot me if they land a hit (or do 1-shot me) and they can be distracted by lighthouse, which has a 100% uptime. When I'm doing stuff that hits me really hard, I also alternate lighthouse with lava field for every group, since the cooldown time of either ability is too long to use it on every group. Mostly just to prevent deaths when I'm on a long grind and get distracted long enough to get CC'd and killed before I get up. 

Even more niche, but if you have a zerker show up looking to take your grind spot and just grab you in mobs so you take XP loss, you can try to use lighthouse to prevent it. 

I'm not saying it's top priority or anything, but I usually have enough skill points to grab it without losing anything else that I value. Of course, I don't use MMA or lighting > residual. I do use chain lightning, but not storm. I don't invest more than 1 point in Fog and leave Freeze at level 1. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

I'm not saying it's top priority or anything, but I usually have enough skill points to grab it without losing anything else that I value. Of course, I don't use MMA or lighting > residual. I do use chain lightning, but not storm. I don't invest more than 1 point in Fog and leave Freeze at level 1. 

Im going to highlight this part, because its important. These skills are core skills for us if you value pvp. And as a 59 wiz, im not even near the amount of skillpoints i need, as you need close to 1800-2000 for things.

Freeze and frigid fog are essential skills for cc chains and combos, if you know how to use them.

Chain lightning and storm, are your best option against sorcs, rangers and musas/maehwas, and sometimes even ninjas.

Lightning and residual lightning allows you to initiate from long range with hard cc, and lets you set up insane CC combos with extreme heavy hits.

And what people tend to forget is, MMA is one of the fastest casting skills we have, with 100% critrate. Never underestimate that skill.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Im going to highlight this part, because its important. These skills are core skills for us if you value pvp. And as a 59 wiz, im not even near the amount of skillpoints i need, as you need close to 1800-2000 for things.

Freeze and frigid fog are essential skills for cc chains and combos, if you know how to use them.

Chain lightning and storm, are your best option against sorcs, rangers and musas/maehwas, and sometimes even ninjas.

Lightning and residual lightning allows you to initiate from long range with hard cc, and lets you set up insane CC combos with extreme heavy hits.

And what people tend to forget is, MMA is one of the fastest casting skills we have, with 100% critrate. Never underestimate that skill.

Fog and Freeze work with rank 1. The cooldowns are slightly reduced with full points, but that hasn't felt essential to me yet. They don't get more hits with more ranks, but the accuracy does go up so I could see merit maxing them out. 

I could see using lighting and residual with sage's memory... not sure without. I guess if the stun from lightning lands you're in good shape. But let's keep in mind water sphere only has a 5s cooldown and is a shorter cast time "hard cc" from range, with much more damage. Plus if I land a lightning stun from range, I'm probably going to want to use water sphere to swap and bound, then go straight into a combo, rather than residual. But maybe you could residual into a freeze and get closer for followup? Idk. 

I'm not building for serious accuracy and while I haven't tested it, I would imagine MMA's -10% accuracy combined with a low accuracy build would have a pretty unreliable hit rate in PVP. I'd just use water sphere in most cases over it. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted (edited)

Fog and Freeze work with rank 1. The cooldowns are slightly reduced with full points, but that hasn't felt essential to me yet. They don't get more hits with more ranks, but the accuracy does go up so I could see merit maxing them out. 

I could see using lighting and residual with sage's memory... not sure without. I guess if the stun from lightning lands you're in good shape. But let's keep in mind water sphere only has a 5s cooldown and is a shorter cast time "hard cc" from range, with much more damage. 

I'm not building for serious accuracy and while I haven't tested it, I would imagine MMA's -10% accuracy combined with a low accuracy build would have a pretty unreliable hit rate in PVP. I'd just use water sphere in most cases over it. 

Fog and Freeze increases amount of people you hit, increases the accuracy letting you land it more reliably, and more importantly, lowers the cooldown. They can also be chained.

Lightning -> residual lightning is a moveable LONG RANGE AOE knockdown. Thats one of the most efficient things you have in the game.

If you havent seen a wizard do lightning -> residiual (aoe KD) -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion -> teleport -> freeze -> water sphere -> ritardando -> cataclysm -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion, then you havent lived. Thats a long hard CC combo where every skill prolongs the CC of the last. And it puts the berserker grab chain to shame, because it deals massive damage, lasts longer then a zerker chain, and can be used on whole groups.

And regarding the highlighted part:
You are counting everything as ONE cc, but theres multiple types, that you can use to prolong eachother. This is basic mechanics, that people seem to under estimate or not understand at all.

Edited by Dragonix
1 person likes this

Posted

Fog and Freeze increases amount of people you hit, increases the accuracy letting you land it more reliably, and more importantly, lowers the cooldown. They can also be chained.

Lightning -> residual lightning is a moveable LONG RANGE AOE knockdown. Thats one of the most efficient things you have in the game.

If you havent seen a wizard do lightning -> residiual (aoe KD) -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion -> teleport -> freeze -> water sphere -> ritardando -> cataclysm -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion, then you havent lived. Thats a long hard CC combo where every skill prolongs the CC of the last. And it puts the berserker grab chain to shame, because it deals massive damage, lasts longer then a zerker chain, and can be used on whole groups.

And regarding the highlighted part:
You are counting everything as ONE cc, but theres multiple types, that you can use to prolong eachother. This is basic mechanics, that people seem to under estimate or not understand at all.

I'm not at all counting everything as one CC, but I am valuing knockdown and bound as equivalent since they both put the opponent on their back and cause down attacks, down smash, to work. The only difference I can tell between them is that knockdown has some period that you can air attack before they are on their back while bound is just straight to the ground. 

Posted

I'm not at all counting everything as one CC, but I am valuing knockdown and bound as equivalent since they both put the opponent on their back and cause down attacks, down smash, to work. The only difference I can tell between them is that knockdown has some period that you can air attack before they are on their back while bound is just straight to the ground. 

Erh... what?

Knockdown lasts longer then bound, but it gives the DOWN ATTACK modifier (2.0 x damage), not AIR attack. The difference between the two is time, not damage.

Air attack modifier comes from FLOATING status, and it gives 2.5 x damage.

Posted

Erh... what?

Knockdown lasts longer then bound, but it gives the DOWN ATTACK modifier (2.0 x damage), not AIR attack. The difference between the two is time, not damage.

Air attack modifier comes from FLOATING status, and it gives 2.5 x damage.

Considering there is absolutely NO officially published documentation on how these CCs work, and you pretty much have to either test it yourself or trust random posts on the forum, I can't really see a reason to get uppity when someone doesn't understand exactly how these CC's work. I also have no way to verify what you are saying without testing it myself. Hopefully one day soon I'll have some real time to spend with a friend in the arena and reason everything out myself. 

Now if you do have some documentation somewhere, especially with a video to verify, that would be super useful information. All I ever see is random speculation.

One thing you said did interest me - you said that you can go from Freeze to water sphere (seeming to say that Bound works from Freeze), and then from bound to Ritardando - does Ritardando do a status effect? It doesn't say. Also, I was under the impression that Freeze could only be extended by another freeze, and you wouldn't be able to do another CC afterwards. Again, bullshit I've been reading on these forums that I'll need to test in game at some point... 

Posted

Considering there is absolutely NO officially published documentation on how these CCs work, and you pretty much have to either test it yourself or trust random posts on the forum, I can't really see a reason to get uppity when someone doesn't understand exactly how these CC's work. I also have no way to verify what you are saying without testing it myself. Hopefully one day soon I'll have some real time to spend with a friend in the arena and reason everything out myself. 

Now if you do have some documentation somewhere, especially with a video to verify, that would be super useful information. All I ever see is random speculation.

One thing you said did interest me - you said that you can go from Freeze to water sphere (seeming to say that Bound works from Freeze), and then from bound to Ritardando - does Ritardando do a status effect? It doesn't say. Also, I was under the impression that Freeze could only be extended by another freeze, and you wouldn't be able to do another CC afterwards. Again, bullshit I've been reading on these forums that I'll need to test in game at some point... 

Uppidy because i asked what? are you serious?  If you say something and someone questions it, are they uppidy?

Freeze can be extended by frigid fog or vice versa AFTER they get smashed on the ground. Takes a bit of tricky timing.

But, once they are on the ground the down smash from water sphere explosion will send them backwards and extend it.  And ritardando doesnt do a status effect, but its a massive slow (50%) that allows you to hit with the bound from cataclysm, which knocks them on their ass again, so you can start the whole chain over again.

You can also use grab at any point in there to prolong too.

Theres tons of options, but alot of them rely on short cooldowns, which you seem to argue that isnt necesarry to have.

Posted (edited)

Uppidy because i asked what? are you serious?  If you say something and someone questions it, are they uppidy?

Freeze can be extended by frigid fog or vice versa AFTER they get smashed on the ground. Takes a bit of tricky timing.

But, once they are on the ground the down smash from water sphere explosion will send them backwards and extend it.  And ritardando doesnt do a status effect, but its a massive slow (50%) that allows you to hit with the bound from cataclysm, which knocks them on their ass again, so you can start the whole chain over again.

You can also use grab at any point in there to prolong too.

Theres tons of options, but alot of them rely on short cooldowns, which you seem to argue that isnt necesarry to have.

I said that spending points to reduce the cooldowns on freeze and fog hasn't felt essential to me yet. However I'm starting to see why you'd want to max Freeze especially for more targets, accuracy, and the 2s cooldown reduction. Like I keep saying I haven't had a chance to sit in arena and test this stuff and these forums are riddled with contradictory information. 

The reason I think "knockdown" has a moment of air attack vulnerability (float) before they are on the ground and can be down attacked, is because of the description and the demonstration video in game. If you hover over the ability in your skill window and WATCH the little video, it actually shows the mobs getting hit with "air attack" - while they fly through the air after being hit by water sphere. If you're at work like me, they have the same videos available on this site: http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/ (Look at the red "AIR ATTACK" above all their heads). I've also noticed while grinding that if I hit a CC vulnerable mob with water sphere while it's off cooldown, they will get nearly 1-shotted before they hit the ground, while the normal damage of it against a CC immune mob pales in comparison. I haven't paid enough attention to see if air attack is getting applied, but I assumed it was the 2.5x damage hits causing that effect. 

I see what you're saying now as far as your CC chain - so between the Freeze and the Cataclysm, they do actually have some time no being CC locked after freeze wears off before the cataclysm hits, but you're slowing their attack/casting speed by 50% in hopes of making sure it lands. I'd guess some classes still have fast/instant iframes to get out of that, but you are at least in super armor during cataclysm so it should be pretty safe if they do. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Exactly.

The thing is that most of our unawakened skills, even if useless in terms of damage, has alot of uses for cc / utility to make sure that we can maximise profit of the awakened stuff.

Posted (edited)

Exactly.

The thing is that most of our unawakened skills, even if useless in terms of damage, has alot of uses for cc / utility to make sure that we can maximise profit of the awakened stuff.

Added an edit about knockdown. Again, this is why I said that I think the main difference between knockdown and bound is that knockdown gives a moment of air attack vulnerability. Float seems to give a much longer air attack vulnerability - but both do as far as I can tell. 

Another piece of evidence here is that immediately following a water sphere that CC's with the aqua bomb flow seems to apply the smash effect (they go flying back further and the CC lasts longer), but does not down attack - so one would have to assume it's applying AIR SMASH and down attack does not apply yet because they were floating when aqua bomb hit. Not sure how else to classify it. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Noixi, this is one of the most ridiculous original posts i have seen in a long time.

First off, we were NEVER a ranged class, for those that understood the mechanics and knew how to play wizard.

We are, and have always been a short to medium range class. Thats it. You are just stuck on the "ranged caster" stereotype from other games.

Earthquake.

Fireball - > fireball explosion.

Dagger stab.

Concentrated magical arrow.

Everything else are imo musthaves, and that a *GOOD* pvper will use constantly.

Meaning, for me you need about 2 000,- skillpoints to have skills you use on a daily basis.

So yeah...

I made highlights above in BOLD-RED, that are wrong. First off, this is by no means the most ridiculous post I've ever made. Google "If cars were made like mages".

Second, umm, yes, we were a ranged class. I distinctly remember casting Lightning, Fireball, Chain Lightning, Blizzard, Freeze upon enemies at a ranged distance. In fact, I made great efforts in PvP and PvE to cast them upon enemies at MAX range, to be precise.

Third, whether we agree the list of spells you mention are no longer useful or not is one thing, but, just to BE HAPPY with any spells becoming no longer useful is troubling. I came to the game cause I saw the Wizard casting Fireballs in videos, then got onto the NA beta, and tried it out and loved it. For DEV's to change us to a Welee class is sad, but its even sadder when others are just HAPPY with that and go out of their way to tell others, TOO BAD.

Oh, and by the way, I agree with others, Magical Lighthouse can still be useful. As soon as I get skill points enough available, I'm going to get it back. Albeit, I do not look forward to the weird keystroke sequences to go back/forth between AWK and non-AWK to use it, if that has to be done.

Posted

Ok.

Posted (edited)

mechanics (we have 2 blocks and 3 super armors while the witch has 2 each)

Nope sir witch got 1 block without cd  and 2 frontal block skills. Also we have 3 super amor skills in our awakening skilltree....

But thats just my 2 Cents here

Edited by Eiwei

Posted

Google "If cars were made like mages".

Y'know, I did google that, and you know what I found? Nothing but posts from you on various forums saying "Guys I'm THE NOIXI, FAMOUS AUTHOR of the "If cars were made like Mages" thread in vanilla WoW! Inventor of phrases I use to whine about things!"

It's....kind of sad. :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Y'know, I did google that, and you know what I found? Nothing but posts from you on various forums saying "Guys I'm THE NOIXI, FAMOUS AUTHOR of the "If cars were made like Mages" thread in vanilla WoW! Inventor of phrases I use to whine about things!"

It's....kind of sad. :(

But. but... he is the famous inventor of "BALANCE MONGERING" and whatever the car thing is about.

Edit: Just searching for balance mongering and my god... he's been doing this shit for years.

Edited by Bernkastel

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0