• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Welee Class.

41 posts in this topic

Posted

But. but... he is the famous inventor of "BALANCE MONGERING" and whatever the car thing is about.

I couldn't even find this wondrous "If cars were made like Mages" thread that he's claimed so vehemently across the internet. D:

Posted (edited)

Yeah, me neither. You actually find him saying balance mongering on a WoW forum though... 2 years ago. And he's just telling people to google it. He's been at it for years. I can't even

Edit: His post history on the WoW forums reveals that he's been getting "dislikes" on almost all of his posts. And his first post on the forum is from 2010. TWO THOUSAND AND TEN. I think it's time for me to just take my own advice and ignore his threads in the future. I don't want to be pulled into his mess.

Edited by Bernkastel

Posted

Nope sir witch got 1 block without cd  and 2 frontal block skills. Also we have 3 super amor skills in our awakening skilltree....

But thats just my 2 Cents here

So what you are saying is that is witch has 2 frontal block skills and wizard has 2 frontal block with 3 super armor skills?

Posted

Fog and Freeze increases amount of people you hit, increases the accuracy letting you land it more reliably, and more importantly, lowers the cooldown. They can also be chained.

Lightning -> residual lightning is a moveable LONG RANGE AOE knockdown. Thats one of the most efficient things you have in the game.

If you havent seen a wizard do lightning -> residiual (aoe KD) -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion -> teleport -> freeze -> water sphere -> ritardando -> cataclysm -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion, then you havent lived. Thats a long hard CC combo where every skill prolongs the CC of the last. And it puts the berserker grab chain to shame, because it deals massive damage, lasts longer then a zerker chain, and can be used on whole groups.

And regarding the highlighted part:
You are counting everything as ONE cc, but theres multiple types, that you can use to prolong eachother. This is basic mechanics, that people seem to under estimate or not understand at all.

Could you do some videos of these? You're the first person I've seen that doesn't argue for just staying in awakening and blowing off your stuff.

Posted

So what you are saying is that is witch has 2 frontal block skills and wizard has 2 frontal block with 3 super armor skills?

witch got 3 super amor skills aswell

Posted

witch got 3 super amor skills aswell

You're going to have to name the skills:

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/

Thunder Storm and Voltaic Pulse, which is the third you are referring to? If you are just assuming, I'd like to point out that the imbalance is deliberate. It is probably intended to force the witch to have to decide when to stop attacking and defend, since the wizard's range limit forces them to do that.

Posted

I hope u not suggesting wizards need a power up *trigered*

Posted

You're going to have to name the skills:

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/

Thunder Storm and Voltaic Pulse, which is the third you are referring to? If you are just assuming, I'd like to point out that the imbalance is deliberate. It is probably intended to force the witch to have to decide when to stop attacking and defend, since the wizard's range limit forces them to do that.

I'm not saying it is equivalent to wizards but witches get super armor with Flow: Perfect Sign, which is the one flow you have to manually "cast" and happens after the corresponding skill and not during it. So you do get a period of super armor but it is on a delay from when you start casting Fissure Wave.

Posted

I'm not saying it is equivalent to wizards but witches get super armor with Flow: Perfect Sign, which is the one flow you have to manually "cast" and happens after the corresponding skill and not during it. So you do get a period of super armor but it is on a delay from when you start casting Fissure Wave.

While you're correct, fissure wave itself is very unsafe to use if the target isn't down because it has no super armor or block. So when you finally get super armor you're either already hit out of it or you didn't need it in the first place because the target is now knocked down.

Posted

While you're correct, fissure wave itself is very unsafe to use if the target isn't down because it has no super armor or block. So when you finally get super armor you're either already hit out of it or you didn't need it in the first place because the target is now knocked down.

Agreed. Just someone asked about a 3rd witch skill that grants Super Armor so I thought I'd point out Perfect Sign.

Also obvious but there is a huge difference between 1v1 and node wars. I use Fissure Wave into Perfect Sign all the time in node wars so long as the targets are distracted by other guildies. I can't ensure everyone is going to get knocked down if I am targeting a group of people anyway so sometimes you have to take a risk with Fissure Wave. Or at least I feel like I can get away with it. And if someone does focus on me once they notice the Fissure Wave the super armor from Perfect Sign has saved me before.

I'm sure 1v1 is different but I find 1v1 completely uninteresting so I can't really comment there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed. Just someone asked about a 3rd witch skill that grants Super Armor so I thought I'd point out Perfect Sign.

Also obvious but there is a huge difference between 1v1 and node wars. I use Fissure Wave into Perfect Sign all the time in node wars so long as the targets are distracted by other guildies. I can't ensure everyone is going to get knocked down if I am targeting a group of people anyway so sometimes you have to take a risk with Fissure Wave. Or at least I feel like I can get away with it. And if someone does focus on me once they notice the Fissure Wave the super armor from Perfect Sign has saved me before.

I'm sure 1v1 is different but I find 1v1 completely uninteresting so I can't really comment there.

Well said, thank you for clarifying.

I find 1v1 feels very similar to GvG: there is a lot of reading the opponent (or group of opponents) and responding to an opening or using a skill in order to gain a tactical advantage before attacking. This might be entirely due to the lack of a block skill (I'm a wizard), or a difference in playstyle, in which case I would understand that preference completely.

Posted

Fog and Freeze increases amount of people you hit, increases the accuracy letting you land it more reliably, and more importantly, lowers the cooldown. They can also be chained.

Lightning -> residual lightning is a moveable LONG RANGE AOE knockdown. Thats one of the most efficient things you have in the game.

If you havent seen a wizard do lightning -> residiual (aoe KD) -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion -> teleport -> freeze -> water sphere -> ritardando -> cataclysm -> water sphere -> water sphere explosion, then you havent lived. Thats a long hard CC combo where every skill prolongs the CC of the last. And it puts the berserker grab chain to shame, because it deals massive damage, lasts longer then a zerker chain, and can be used on whole groups.

You are counting everything as ONE cc, but theres multiple types, that you can use to prolong eachother. This is basic mechanics, that people seem to under estimate or not understand at all.

For this CC chain, do you have skills on hotkey to shift in and out of AWK stance?

Posted

For this CC chain, do you have skills on hotkey to shift in and out of AWK stance?

Yeah i do

Posted

Yeah i do

Mind sharing your hotkey setup you find works?

Posted

Mind sharing your hotkey setup you find works?

You can see it in several of my stream videos from nodewars.

https://www.twitch.tv/tigerexodusgc

Posted (edited)

Yup. And don't even think witches can do it. Only wizard. Lucky bastards. Downsmashes, grapples... The dream. Meanwhile witches get a... Frontal block.

I used to combine Concentrated Magic arrow for double dots (Burn + bleed) added with chain lightning (pain), double freeze + Lightning Storm + Dagger stab combo in the back Pre-Awakening. It was glorious. Nowadays, Wizards can indeed do comboes that will put zerkers to shame in a 1v1 scenario... While also 100-0 people in AoE with their ult. Yes. I hate wizards.

Edited by Despins

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0